Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 15

#unbanlemons

Status

NFL Week 15

The Packers continue their pursuit of perfection against the woebegone Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead. Tim Tebow looks to continue playing poorly for three quarters and mounting a comeback in the 4th against New England. And Indianapolis continues their suck for Luck campaign facing the Titans at home. The playoff picture is getting clearer, we'll see who ends the season well.

And to last weeks thread, I can't tell which is more annoying the people who refuse to accept any criticism of Tebow, like Lghikas, or the people who hate on Tebow constantly(no one in particular on this forum, but other forums where they don't give him any credit).

(I'm not calling lghikas out or anything, just using an example.)

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read

Cult of Fuji

Status
    James Harrison suspended 1 game for his hit on Colt McCoy. Does that mean the browns staff should be suspended for allowing him back on the field

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Free Agent

Status

Re: NFL Week 13

Colt McCoy would make a great backup QB. The guy shouldn't be starting. Not now anyway. There are rumblings that the Browns may be in draft position for RG3. Perhaps that is a draft possibility they should peruse. If RG3 needs time to develop, you can always let Colt start until he is ready or wins the spot.

No

Status

Re: NFL Week 13

It's about time Harrison got suspended, while some of his hits are iffy that one was awful...like come on how hard is it to bend your knees a little and aim for the chest. At this point he's either retarded or deliberately aiming for the head...either way it needs to be fixed.

Cult of Fuji

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffy View Post
    It's about time Harrison got suspended, while some of his hits are iffy that one was awful...like come on how hard is it to bend your knees a little and aim for the chest. At this point he's either retarded or deliberately aiming for the head...either way it needs to be fixed.
    In harrisons case though it waa his first hit like that all season.

TEAM CYRUS

Internet Favorite

Status

Re: NFL Week 15

....Yea I can get a bit carried away.

Anyway, after that loss to the Giants, Cowboys don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Sure the offense played great, but the defense was horrid. I'm almost now 100% sure Michael Jenkins is made of glass, he is always getting hurt. Rob Ryan had this defense in nice shape at the beginning of the season, but as we got further into the season the defense has been going down hill while the offense has only got better. I just don't see any true leadership on this team. When things get ugly, I just don't see any one person stepping up and calming everyone down. And losing Murray really hurts the team. Felix did a nice job filling in but right now he is our only true RB, although I believed they signed some veteran RB today.

No

Status

Did not realize the Eagles can still win the division, if they run the table, Giants and Cowboys both go 1-2 (or worse) and they win the NFC east at 8-8...

~!~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    the people who hate on Tebow constantly(no one in particular on this forum, but other forums where they don't give him any credit).
    I guess you could say I'm one of these people. The thing that gets me, is that in at least 3 of his comeback wins, he virtually been handed the game. Yes, I give him credit for driving 50 yards in 45 seconds, but if Barber hadn't went out of bounds, the game would have been over. And if he wouldn't have fumbled, Gould would have certainly made that FG. (Probably not since Denver's line would have blocked it because they all play like Tebow in the 4th because of DEVINE INTERVENTION!!!!!)

The thing that I don't understand though is why defenses let up in 2 minute drill situations and play back more. IT'S WORKED THE LAST 58 MINUTES WITH WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON"T CHANGE IT NOW. Seems like every team is doing it. Just annoying.

-----------------

Creepy Lunatic

Status

Crazy huh..Eagles winning the division.I believe in 08 or 09 the Eagles were in a similar situation having needing help to get into the playoffs.That's the same year Phila beat up Dallas week 17 and the Eagles made the playoffs and won the division.If either teams loses Sunday Giants or Cowboys, they are still alive.Both teams win, season over.Before the Eagles game Sunday they will know their fate..due to the game being at 4:15 on CBS.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Indianapolis is trying to be the 08 Lions. LOL! Green Bay will win yet again.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    I guess you could say I'm one of these people. The thing that gets me, is that in at least 3 of his comeback wins, he virtually been handed the game. Yes, I give him credit for driving 50 yards in 45 seconds, but if Barber hadn't went out of bounds, the game would have been over. And if he wouldn't have fumbled, Gould would have certainly made that FG. (Probably not since Denver's line would have blocked it because they all play like Tebow in the 4th because of DEVINE INTERVENTION!!!!!)

The thing that I don't understand though is why defenses let up in 2 minute drill situations and play back more. IT'S WORKED THE LAST 58 MINUTES WITH WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON"T CHANGE IT NOW. Seems like every team is doing it. Just annoying.
    Divine Intervention? No....TEBOW Intervention.....just kidding.

Seriously though about the defenses it's not like the Broncos are running the same offense. Only when they are down late do they open the offense up and allow Tebow to throw the ball. And with him throwing the ball well in the 4th quarter they drop back to defend the pass, while leaving it open for Tebow to take off and run.

Which you add that to the spread read option type offense they run, it's quite a complicated offense to run. But yet everyone wants to down play that offense as crap, garbage and than it's hilarious when Tebow leads another last second win against them.

#unbanlemons

Status

Yeah, you're not a terribly great example, as we're pretty moderate in our football beliefs here, but I don't remember PeepShow just outright hating Tebow.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

#unbanlemons

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    James Harrison suspended 1 game for his hit on Colt McCoy. Does that mean the browns staff should be suspended for allowing him back on the field

You realize he's suspended for making helmet to helmet contact, not for giving him a concussion right? Helmet to helmet is not an auto concussion.

And it might be his first this year, but it's the umpteenth time in his career and I really wish he would follow up on that promise to retire.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

~!~

Status

It's not that I hate him. I wouldn't mind him if everyone and their mother didn't talk about him on every single segment on TV. He's just annoying more than anything.

edit- I guess it might just be that he plays in the AFC West and he's ruining what could be another great late season Charger run.

-----------------

Cult of Fuji

Status

You realize he's suspended for making helmet to helmet contact, not for giving him a concussion right? Helmet to helmet is not an auto concussion.

And it might be his first this year, but it's the umpteenth time in his career and I really wish he would follow up on that promise to retire.
    I understand it was for the Helmet to helmet but it is the first suspension due to a tackle since the bears/packer game 23 years ago where McMahon got slammed into the ground and is this Rogers way of getting back at Harrison for his comments in his magazine article earlier in the year.

I wasn't questioning the call but why arent the browns in trouble for letting McCoy back on the field with a concussion?
    Last edited by Wang Chung; 12-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.

TEAM CYRUS

Internet Favorite

Status

I okay with him eventually getting a suspension but I still not sure about that call. But even if Harrison didn't get flagged I think it was probably only a matter of time before Harrison got suspended. I like Harrison and hate some of these bull**** calls that we now get and have almost no respect for Goodell. But regardless of the level of repetitiveness calls for the small suspension.

But what I am most worried about is them getting the refs and the league in a room together and find some consistency on what to call. Still we saw a big difference from what some refs call to another. And it's at this point where it really hurts the game. With all the different level of hits being called or not, it just leaves the players and fans confused as to what is legal and not.

No

Status

That was a super dirty hit pure and simple, Harrison isn't some random person that just got unlucky, he always targets the head. He refuses to get low and make a proper tackle and finally got punished for it. He's a trained athlete and a damn good football player but he knows he can't keep hitting guys in the head.

#unbanlemons

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    I understand it was for the Helmet to helmet but it is the first suspension due to a tackle since the bears/packer game 23 years ago where McMahon got slammed into the ground and is this Rogers way of getting back at Harrison for his comments in his magazine article earlier in the year.

I wasn't questioning the call but why arent the browns in trouble for letting McCoy back on the field with a concussion?
    I honestly hope you're just being a biased Steeler fan and you're not this retarded about either subject. Goodell announced last year that beginning this year, people would be held accountable for their tackles on the football field. Second, you realize the majority of people don't experience concussion like symptoms until one or two days after it occurs right? I mean both of these are pretty common knowledge, or at least I thought.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

Cult of Fuji

Status

I honestly hope you're just being a biased Steeler fan and you're not this retarded about either subject. Goodell announced last year that beginning this year, people would be held accountable for their tackles on the football field. Second, you realize the majority of people don't experience concussion like symptoms until one or two days after it occurs right? I mean both of these are pretty common knowledge, or at least I thought.
    I undertstand that and not being a biased Steeler fan because they are not my first team that I follow, Not a big Harrison fan to begin with. If the Browns who Espn.com just reported last night did not do a concussion test on McCoy when he did pass out on the field should be fined and reprimanded too. I understand that not everyone gets some symptoms right away. Sidney Crosby is one example.
    Hines Ward was held out of a game last year because he blacked out and said he could play because the same steelers did a concussion test on him because he was woozy when he got up and passed out on the field did that why cant the Browns do it to protect thier QB.

TEAM CYRUS

Internet Favorite

Status

In no way do I want to try to sound like I'm making excuses for Harrison but when you play 100mph and the ball runner is looking like he's going to run right at you, you go for it. Granted I have only played at a high school level, but when going to make a play you aren't really thinking about how you are going to make the tackle. Now if you compare that to NFL players who have been doing things at a high level for a long time, it's going to be much harder for them to change.

Add to that, some of the really inconsistent calling by the refs and it's hard to say to a player what kind of hit is legal, and not. What may be legal one ref may throw the flag just to be safe, while one ref may not. We see that more on QB hits but until the league sits everyone down and defines what kind of hit they are fine with, stuff like this is going to continue to happen, and the NFL will have no one to blame but themselves.

Thread Information