Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SmackDown Discussion Thread - December 2011

Christmas Admin

Status

Smackdown The Official SmackDown Discussion Thread - December 2011

WWE Smackdown - 9th December 2011

HENRY DEFEATS BRYAN, BIG SHOW NEXT IN LINE

Last week on a special holiday edition of Smackdown, the World Heavyweight Championship was on the line as Daniel Bryan challenged an injured Mark Henry to a steel cage match, unfortunately for Bryan the injury to Henry wasn't enough and The World's Strongest Man retained the title after a top rope World's Strongest Slam. While Daniel Bryan will have to wait to cash in his MITB contract to get another shot at Henry, the champ's attention is now turned solely to The Big Show who he will meet at TLC on the 18th December to defend the title in a rather fitting Chairs match. With just over a week until the next chapter in this supersized rivalry, what state will the champion's foot be in, and how will Daniel Bryan respond to losing his big title match last week, find out on this week's Smackdown.

CONFIRMED MATCHES

Wade Barrett vs Ezekiel Jackson
    Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs AJ and Kaitlynn (again!)
    Ted DiBiase vs Jinder Mahal
    Sheamus vs David Otunga
    Zack Ryder vs Heath Slater
    Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes
    Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler

Oh and some bird called Lillian Garcia is returning, whatever.

Curse wwe.com and their failure to get SD previews up on time, sorry for the lack of detail, I might add more tomorrow when wwe.com put up their preview so I know what I can and can't spoil. Daniel Bryan v Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler sound like they could be great matches tomorrow night, Sheamus v Otunga could be a fun squash, after that it's all down to storyline development to keep my interest. Seven matches on the show so I expect a few short ones, hopefully the divas and Ted/Jinder.

Status

Re: The Official SmackDown Discussion Thread - December 2011

first time in years i'm watching Smackdown. these beat the clock matches just point out how little there is wrestling on the show >.>

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    first time in years i'm watching Smackdown. these beat the clock matches just point out how little there is wrestling on the show >.>
    I've just watched the show, the beat the clock matches aint squash matches.

Status

yeah, barrett just beat ezekial in like almost 8 minutes so that's pretty decent i guess.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

This show is just a bunch of **** Cole hates from Book to Bryan to Ryder to Hornswoggle. Swoggle starts announcing Otunga and Cole is like: "I'm gonna drive my head through the announce table."

Reach Out And Touch Me

Status

Randy orton did a powerbomb. Seriously. I saw it and I still don't believe it.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

Did they show the Divas of Doom angle? Apparently it was taken off international airings.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Nah, not a Diva in sight tonight.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

....no AJ push? :'(

Christmas Admin

Status

Nope I didn't see the Divas either, pity. Overall I thought it was a good show

Good points:
    - The Cody Rhodes ambushing Booker and taking his seat was brilliant, they're doing a great job with this feud and I can't wait for the match at TLC.
    - Ezekiel Jackson v Wade Barrett exceeded my expectations, this was pretty much good stuff from them, around 8 minutes was a good enough time to post for Randy Orton
    - Is it me, or does Bryan get interviewed in the ring quite a bit, he doesn't seem to do many solo promos in the ring. Anyway this was all good until Cole came up, I'm all for continuity of them disliking each other for nearly 2 years, but this was over the top and they just shouted over each other. It picked up again when Bryan went after Cole and got attacked by Cody setting up the match later in the night.
    - Ryder and Sheamus's easy wins were good for their characters and seemed to go over with the crowd well. Looks like Sheamus won't be on the TLC card, for someone on a big face push, he's not actually doing anything memorable with it, maybe things will pick up at the Rumble
    - Show/Henry segments was awesome, there's no one in the world of professional wrestling that I'd rather hear a promo off at the moment, than Mark Henry. Top stuff to continue the feud, even though 'a match people will talk about for decades' seems a little optimistic.
    - Cody/Bryan was great, and up to Booker's interference, was going to get my match of the week. Understandable though, a loss would be hard for both guys to take.
    - Orton/Ziggler was a pretty good main considering we knew it would last only under 8 minutes. Nice tease at the end with Barrett attacking Orton, but when there was 20 seconds left on the clock, you knew exactly what was coming. I don't think Orton's that great in tables match, but gotta stick with the theme.

Bad:
    - Too many ring annoucers; poor Chimel, they got him on SD just to introduce his replacement and why did Hornswoggle come out later in the night to announcer Sheamus/Otunga, just stick with Lillian
    - Still don't care about this Ted/Jinder feud
    - I was hoping this Hornswoggle storyline was a 'holiday special' only, looks like I'm wrong
    - I still don't

Tommy Got Hacked

Indy Talent

Status

I was **really** looking forward to that Diva's match; I think 'Cole's Rants' are taking up to much air time - what a waste. Someone should place a bucket on his head and bang away at him with a hammer. Or better still, have the other announcers gang up on him, tie him up with duct tape, and stick a sock in his mouth and announce to the public "Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight's show will be "Cole Free!"

Rawbar
    aka
    Christa

Underdog

Status

Its a weird one with Shaemus...they need to kick off something with him soon - hes pretty much just squashing everyone he faces and moves on to the next. I get the impression he'll be handed Henry after Show ends his title run at TLC. Thank flip the Show Henry program is over soon...I know their thing has its fans, but it just bores the cack out of me. They're promos and exchanges are ball ocks. The thing tonight - worst part of the show by a country mile.

Tommy Got Hacked

Christmas Admin

Status

The segments between the two are always fantastic, the matches though, I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say 'awesome', I think they're better than most big man matches, but they certainly have their limits.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Are you serious bro? Show and Henry are two of the best mic workers in the game and their segments are a constant highlight. Not to mention their matches have been awesome too, especially the Vengeance one.

Their feud should end after TLC obviously, but it's been great.
    Heh yeah - tis a fairly obvious area upon which we disagree...but yeah - Ive hated the whole Show Henry thing. When you say things like 'show and Henry are two of the best mic workers in the game' I realise its something we just aint gonna convince each other about.

Fire and blood

Status

I've enjoyed their feud but I'm ready for something new I think. The only match I didn't like was Survivor Series. Their Vengeance match was very fun and their Money in the Bank match was also very good for the time given.

Still haven't watched SmackDown yet, I'll probably check it out tomorrow though.

Tommy Got Hacked

Christmas Admin

Status

Yeah they tell a good story, I think Survivor Series played into everything the feud has been about, injury to Show's foot/can the ring contain both of them etc etc

Isn't it great to have a chair match where the stipulation actually makes sense, looking forward to hopefully the final match between the two.

Thread Information