Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (5th December 2011)

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (5th December 2011)

Monday Night Raw - 5th December 2011

Who's Next for the Miz?
    Since Survivor Series, the Miz has been looking for retribution and has started by taking out his current tag team partner, R-Truth and then his former partner, John Morrison. Miz's aggression has reached new heights as he caused Morrison to leave on a stretcher last week on Raw and then vowed to take out all those that have held him back in the past. Miz mentioned in his speech on Raw last week with: "last week it was R-Truth; this week it was John Morrison; next week ... we'll see". What could Miz do next? Who will he target and why? Find out this week on Raw.

Also on Raw
    Last week on Raw, CM Punk defeated Alberto Del Rio to retain the WWE Championship but the Mexican Aristocrat and Interim General Manager, John Laurinaitis, will not be happy with the champion's methods to retain the title. What is next in this rivalry, or will a new challenger step up for the WWE Title? Also, last week, Zack Ryder stepped up his bi for a United States Championship match by beating Jack Swagger. Will he finally be awarded his long overdue title match? And after Piper's Pit, can Cena continue to rise above the hate? Or is the pressure of facing the Rock at Wrestlemania starting to get to Cena?

I expect we'll see a lot more build to TLC this week. Looking forward to what they do with Miz, although I don't want it to be another Cena feud. Once again, anything involving Dolph and Ryder has my interest right now. Make sure you join us for the Live Discussion.

Jobber

Status
    Vcash

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (5th December 2011)

I hope they finally announce the bulk of the card for TLC as next week's Raw will be the 3hr slammy awards so don't know how much build TLC will get on that show.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

*sigh* At this moment in time I can't see them not going with Cena v Miz, which would be , a fourway TLC would be great however.

Tommy Got Hacked

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

I think the fatal four way TLC is definitely the way to go. Hopefully they can lead that into Punk/Cena for the Rumble (since surely Cena can't be in the Rumble match itself).

Tommy Got Hacked

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    I think the fatal four way TLC is definitely the way to go. Hopefully they can lead that into Punk/Cena for the Rumble (since surely Cena can't be in the Rumble match itself).
    That sounds like wishful thinking Shock!!!

Don't rule it out, didn't Cena use his rumble win title match at No Way Out rather than at Wrestlemania?, Cena could have a last throw of the dice to get the WWE Championship into the match with Rock, he won't win, but I've got a feeling he'll be in the match. At any rate he won't face Miz at the rumble because that's two pretty big names to leave out of both the rumble and WWE title match.

PS, on an similar note, I've got to change my pick for the rumble as I said it would be Punk. I'm thinking now it'll either be Sheamus or Jericho should he return.

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Wouldn't that create problems though? Neither guy could lose. They need to have Cena looking strong going in 2012 going into Mania, especially after recent events, while CM Punk obviously needs to keep hold of the title and show he's a match for anybody.
    I wouldn't have thought so. I can see why it would be seen as booking themselves into a corner, but it would be cool to see Cena go on a tear between the Rumble and Mania because he lost and he needs to beat Rock more than ever.

The way I see it, the positives outweigh the negatives. I don't think Cena losing to Punk will hurt the Wrestlemania buyrate in any way; it gives us an ending to the Punk/Cena series; gives the Royal Rumble it's first big title match since 2008 and keeps Cena out the Rumble.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

If I had to bet money, I'd put it on Rock making a surprise appearance at the Rumble or No Way Out, and cost Cena the Rumble or his title match If either of those were to happen, I'd think it would be at the Rumble with Cena being in the Rumble and Rock making his surprise appearance to 'accidentally' cause Cena to get thrown out, under the guise of wanting him to be champion when they meet up. To Rock's fans, Cena looks like an idiot for not being able to make use of Rock's help, to Cena's fans, Rock looks like he cost Cena the Rumble in a disingenuous move.

Tommy Got Hacked

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

But some would argue that big title matches are rarely given away at the Rumble for good reason, that being that the Rumble itself is the main draw of the PPV and it's a good opportunity to give midcarders a "trial" PPV title match. With this in mind, I wouldn't be shocked to see Punk vs Ziggler at the Rumble, and that in itself would be fantastic.

I do agree that they need to return to the Punk/Cena feud and give it a fitting finale, but I think it would need to be at a PPV where that is the clear main event match which will end the show, rather than one where most of the focus is on the Rumble match, which already sells the show, and nobody really expects the WWE Title to change hands. It would probably be worth saving that for a B PPV where the main focus is Punk and Cena.
    I think they'll go Ziggler/Punk if they're not going with Cena/Punk. The only reason I think Cena/Punk should happen is because him appearing in the Royal Rumble doesn't make a lot of sense and I don't like the idea of Cena cashing in his title shot at Elimination Chamber (not that I think he'd win the Rumble if he was in it). I don't see the problem with running a big match at the Rumble, it'll boost the buyrates and while the Rumble is the draw, having a big title match would be pretty awesome. At least Cena/Punk could be unpredictable since they could play it up as 'could Cena get the title for his match with The Rock?', which they still could (although I doubt it).

Cena/Punk needs to happen again, even if they wait a while they can still make it a big deal (sort of like HHH/Cena from NOC 2008).

Tommy Got Hacked

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

I believe MITB has the fourth(will be fifth when the Survivor Series buyrate comes out) best buyrate of the year. and this while it was a free show in the UK(The UK can add an extra 50,000 buys). It was also one of only 2 PPV's what got a better number than last year(along with Wrestlemania).

EDIT I was wrong. Extreme Rules and the Elimination Chamber did better buyrates, and Extreme Rules also was an increase on last year.
    Last edited by Crocker; 12-04-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    We Dont Forget Our Past - So You Won't Forget Our Future

Tommy Got Hacked

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

It did pretty well don't get me wrong, but me and I think many others were expecting a really huge buyrate after the way it had been built up.

Either way, Cena/Punk III would draw huge and needs to be saved for a more suitable occasion.
    I think it would have done a lot better if it was a UK PPV.

WWE Royal Rumble:
    2011: 476,000 buys worldwide with 281,000 domestic
    2010: 465,000 buys worldwide - 259,000 domestic

WWE Elimination Chamber:
    2011: 212,000 buys worldwide with 145,000 domestic
    2010: 287,000 buys worldwide - 160,00 domestic

WWE Wrestlemania:
    2011: 1,124,000 buys worldwide with 665,000 domestic
    2010: 885,000 buys worldwide - 495,000 domestic

WWE Extreme Rules:
    2011: 216,000 buys worldwide with 108,000 domestic
    2010: 201,000 buys worldwide - 112,000 domestic

WWE Over The Limit:
    2011: 145,000 buys worldwide with 72,000 domestic
    2010: 218,000 buys worldwide - 121,000 domestic

WWE Capitol Punishment (Fatal Four Way in 2010)
    2011: 176,000 buys worldwide with 85,000 domestic
    2010: 158,000 buys worldwide - 88,000 domestic

WWE Money in the Bank:
    2011: 195,000 buys worldwide with 139,000 domestic
    2010: 164,000 buys worldwide - 98,000 domestic

WWE Summerslam:
    2011: 296,000 buys worldwide with 171,000 domestic
    2010: 349,000 buys worldwide - 209,000 domestic

WWE Night of Champions:
    2011: 161,000 buys worldwide with 104,000 domestic
    2010: 165,000 buys worldwide - 99,00 domestic

observer
    You can see with the gap between domestic and worldwide at the Elimination Chamber how much of a difference the UK audience could potentially mate. You have to remember that some people will only order the big 4 PPV's every year and that some people will only order Wrestlemania.

With Cena/Rock already being set in stone for Mania I also can't see them putting Cena into the Rumble unless he talks about the Mania match being a triple threat.

The Best

Status
    Vcash

I'd love to see something crazy like a 4 way TLC between Punk, Del Rio, Cena and Miz, but how likely that is I don't know.
    At this juncture, that may be the best option. Setting up Cena/Miz and Punk/Ziggler for Rumble, with Del Rio back in the Rumble in an attempt to gain another shot at WrestleMania 28 (which he hopefully won't get).

It also makes sense, with the finish of Punk/Del Rio last week, Johnny Ace can't really award Alberto another one-on-one shot without looking bias, but he has enough ammo to give Del Rio another shot in a multi-man match. Plus more challengers equals more opportunity to get the belt off Punk. Miz is another favourite of Ace's and Cena's always at the top of the card anyway. It slots together perfectly.

Hopefully the 'E can see that.

Status
    Vcash

There is going to be an announcement regarding the WWE Network on the show tonight.

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by PRF View Post
    There is going to be an announcement regarding the WWE Network on the show tonight.
    Its already been announced, will start on the same day as Wrestlemania.

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Its already been announced, will start on the same day as Wrestlemania.
    I thought that was announced several weeks ago?

Thread Information