Thread: ROH "Battle in the Carolinas" Doubleshot - Cards & Results

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

ROH ROH "Battle in the Carolinas" Doubleshot - Cards & Results

"Southern Defiance" - Spartanburg, SC
    December 3, 2011 - 7:30pm

20 Man Over the Top Rope Interval Battle Royal
    * Featuring the top stars in ROH competing and entering the fray every minute until one only man is left standing. That sole survivor will receive a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Championship sometime in early 2012.

Proving Ground Match
    ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

First Time Ever In ROH

"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. "The Generic Luchador" El Generico

Proving Ground Match
    ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal vs. TJ Perkins

Tag Team Challenge Match #1

The Youngs Bucks vs. The All Night Express

Tag Team Challenge Match #2
    The Briscoes vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Singles Action
    "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett vs. Adam Cole

Scheduled to appear:
    - The Bravado Brothers

Additional talent lineup and matches will be announced in upcoming weeks!!!

"Northern Aggression" - Greensboro, NC

December 4, 2011 - 4:00pm

8 Man All-Star Elimination Tag Team Match - Special 2 Hour Time Limit
    ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards and "The Generic Luchador" El Generico
    vs.
    Jay & Mark Briscoe, Roderick Strong and "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

Proving Ground Match

ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal vs. Adam Cole

Tag Team Challenge Match
    The Young Bucks vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Special Challenge Match
    "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett vs. TJ Perkins

Tag Team Action

The All Night Express vs. The Bravado Brothers

The Battle in the Carolinas Weekend!

Ring of Honor is extremely excited about our debuts in Spartanburg, SC and Greensboro, NC on December 3rd & 4th respectively, in large part due to our great Sinclair Broadcasting stations in those markets (including WLOS & WMYA in Asheville & Anderson, WMYV in Greensboro, and WLFL & WRDC in Raleigh), as well as the long pro wrestling tradition in the Carolinas.

For those great fans, who are certainly used to history-making matches, ROH will try to make history of our own with a two-day “Battle in the Carolinas” live tour. Starting in Spartanburg, SC on December 3rd, ROH appears live, for the first time, at the historic Memorial Auditorium, with "Southern Defiance".

Through the 60's, 70's and 80's Spartanburg was a home to Jim Crockett Promotions events & TV tapings, and the Auditorium saw every great NWA star in action. Ring of Honor, with a stellar card of action underneath, will present a main event to go down in the history books - a 20 man Over the Top Rope Interval Battle Royal with the top stars in ROH competing and entering the fray every minute until one only man is left standing. That sole survivor will receive a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Championship sometime in early 2012. For ROH in Spartanburg, it will be about a chase for the 10 pounds of gold, as it has been at the Auditorium for almost 50 years.

Then, on Sunday, December 4th, Greensboro, NC will play host to "Northern Aggression" at the Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center. In literally the room next to the site of the famous Starrcade matches and long-remembered NWA classics over a 40 year period, Ring of Honor will present a match that will be talked about in years to come as a modern-day classic - an All-Star 8 Man Elimination Tag Match with ROH World Tag Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) joining with former ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards, and former TV Champion El Generico to face former 6-Time World Tag Champs Mark & Jay Briscoe, who will team with former ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and his House of Truth partner "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin! This match will be contested under elimination rules, which means there must be a minimum of 4, but up to a maximum of 7 eliminations. Most importantly, due to the level of competition involved, and to assure a winner has a chance to be declared, this match will be contested with a TWO HOUR TIME LIMIT! 8 of the top wrestlers in the world have time to settle their conflict in what we hope will be a match to make Greensboro history!

We hope all our Southern and Mid-Atlantic fans will join us live in Spartanburg and Greensboro December 3 and 4 for “Battle in the Carolinas” weekend. Tickets are available at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, and more information is available at ROHWrestling.com.
    Last edited by Malcolm Ecstasy; 11-30-2011 at 04:55 PM.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #4. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

Spoiler:

#6. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #7. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #8. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Silas Young - ROH on SBG 18/1/14
    #9. Jay Briscoe vs. Bobby Fish - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #10. Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero - Raising the Bar - Night 1

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. RD Evans vs. Matt Sells - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #4. The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett - Wrestling's Finest
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

Re: ROH "Battle in the Carolinas" Doubleshot - Cards & Results

A Royal Rumble? Nice. A nice simple main event that feels a lot different from what we normally get in ROH. How many battle royals have ROH had in their history? With any luck, they won't pull a stupid stunt like having Ruckus-like wrestler win again.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    A Royal Rumble? Nice. A nice simple main event that feels a lot different from what we normally get in ROH. How many battle royals have ROH had in their history? With any luck, they won't pull a stupid stunt like having Ruckus-like wrestler win again.
    I think it's been one Honor Rumble and one Tag Team Honor Rumble. I don't there's any difference between this match and an Honor Rumble, except maybe they just don't wanna use the word "rumble" in reference to a battle royal, now that they're up in the world.

What do you think of the other show's main event?

#5. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

Spoiler:

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Curtain Jerker

Status
    Vcash

Both sound interesting, but not overwhelming. They'll both need a strong undercard for me to buy the dvd (although this looks unlikely for northern aggression as 8 of their top guys are being used in the main event).

Oh, and I'm calling Jay Briscoe to win the rumble.

i love moms

Status
    Vcash

Damn you Talley, I wanted to be the one to mention Ruckus. (btw when is he getting his title shot in Poland?)

Like ROH doing a battle royal as that's something they almost never do..and I'm a mark for battle royals tbh.

The other main event is pretty interesting too, especially with the 2 hour time limit. Wonder if it'll go anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I basically live out my internet life to gain Jake's approval.
    [10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Damn you Talley, I wanted to be the one to mention Ruckus. (btw when is he getting his title shot in Poland?)

Like ROH doing a battle royal as that's something they almost never do..and I'm a mark for battle royals tbh.

The other main event is pretty interesting too, especially with the 2 hour time limit. Wonder if it'll go anywhere near that.
    He already got it, two years ago. That was a legit promo Aries did to hype it. Aries defended the Title in Poland vs Ruckus for Do or Die Wrestling.

i love moms

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by CAPS LOCK View Post
    He already got it, two years ago. That was a legit promo Aries did to hype it. Aries defended the Title in Poland vs Ruckus for Do or Die Wrestling.

This whole time I thought that was a joke. I feel stupid as ****.

[10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

What is this about Ruckus and Poland? I know Ruckus received one title shot against Nigel because of his Rumble win.

i love moms

Status
    Vcash

During the A Double L Double, there was a video wire promo where Aries announced the first international lucky lottery..and he pulled out Ruckus, in Poland. Which I figured was just him being a chicken**** heel by picking a dude who's not in the promotion anymore..and freaking Poland.

Curtain Jerker

Status
    Vcash

If there's one thing that I'm not keen on about Ring of Honor as a whole, (though I'm not sure if they do it on purpose) it's their mentality of having certain matches run a fearsome length to force the idea that they are more "epic". While ROH have undoubtebly had plenty of great lengthy matches in their history, they've also had many that would have benefitted greatly from being a lot tighter - and a handful that's ended up coming across as excessive and boring.

"Special 2 Hour Time Limit" is definitely setting off alarm bells for the latter, quite frankly. I'm dreading that a perfectly fine sounding match on paper will become ruined from running 100+ minutes and being an utter chore to sit through... On the other hand, with the right pacing, that match could be one of the better ROH matches of the year with the talent involved. Definitely interesting to see how that match turns out.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

2 hour time limit match sounds terrible. Rumble could be fun.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

I agree with 2 hour time limit being a bad idea, but I doubt it'll go much longer than 1 hour. My biggest concern is with WGTT being rubbish since they won the titles, and being too slow-paced to keep a match of this length interesting.

The Proving Ground Comes To Spartanburg

The Proving Ground has put the likes of Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, Mark Briscoe, and Kyle O’Reilly to the test. Thus far no man has passed the test and earned themselves a future ROH championship opportunity; be it for the World, TV, or Tag Titles. Survive the time limit or pin the champion, those are your choices and everyone has come up short. But another opportunity is on the horizon…When Ring of Honor makes its debut in Spartanburg on December 3rd, another team will step up to the plate and try to earn a future shot at the ROH World Tag Team Titles. The duo looking to secure that opportunity: Roderick Strong & “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin.“This is the sort of situation that The House of Truth was born for.” stated Truth Martini, “These are the moments we prepare for, the make or break, the do or die, the life changing seconds that define who we are as a people, as competitors, as men. Roderick Strong and Michael Elgin are the paragons of professional wrestling, and with a victory in the Proving Ground, they will be one step closer to proving the dominance of the HoT.”The only question will be what team The HoT must do battle with at “Southern Defiance”? Will it be Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin or Rhett Titus & Kenny King? They will clash at “Glory by Honor X” over the ROH World Tag Titles and the winner will head into the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium to fight Strong & Elgin in The Proving Ground. The HoT has 15 minutes to prove themselves on December 3rd, will they prove themselves worthy?Tickets for ROH’s debut in Spartanburg, SC on Saturday night December 3rd are available now at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site!
    I do like the idea of Roderick Strong in a match less than 15 minutes long. And a tag match, no less.

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

I'm a big fan of rumbles (just like almost everyone *g*) and with this being my first ROH rumble, I wonder how they will differ from WWE rumbles. However, I fear that Bennett will put that one off. I personally don't think that the 8-men match will go for much more than an hour. Keeping "Final Battle" in mind, I'm thinking that this match might have some shananigans involved to keep it interesting though being long since Steen is always good for a run-in during El Generico matches, the ANX might have some issues too with the Briscoes and WGTT up till then and there is obviously a possibility with Davey and Eddie at the end of the match to hype "Final Battle" even more.

Should be a great double-shot

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Another Proving Ground Bout Signed For Spartanburg

Yesterday we announced that Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin will compete in a Proving Ground contest at “Southern Defiance” in an attempt to earn a future shot at the ROH World Tag Team Titles.

Now ROH officials have finalized another Proving Ground contest for Saturday December 3rd, this one a battle to earn a shot at the ROH World TV Title, which is rapidly becoming the most hotly pursued championship in Ring of Honor. Mike Bennett and El Generico have both challenged for the belt in Louisville, Mark Briscoe tried the Proving Ground Collinsville, Roderick Strong will do the same in Chicago Ridge, and now you can add TJ Perkins to the list of competitors coming after Jay Lethal’s championship.

“I’ve been a champion worldwide.” said TJ Perkins, “I don’t say that as a brag or boast, it is just a statement of fact, but what I haven’t accomplished yet in my career is winning a title in the most competitive wrestling company I think I’ve ever had the privilege of fighting in. I know my time in ROH has been short, so I take no offense in having to prove myself worthy of a championship match. Honestly I relish the opportunity to show Jay Lethal what my worldwide experience has taught me, and to show the Ring of Honor fans just how important earning a shot at that TV Title is to me.”

It’s the Proving Ground as TJ Perkins takes on ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal on December 3rd in Spartanburg, SC at “Southern Defiance”. Will the youngest veteran in professional wrestling earn himself a title opportunity? Or will Jay Lethal turn back another possible challenger? Get your tickets now at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site to be there live and see it for yourself!
    Sounds great to me. Maybe TJ will get the draw, since that's the only result Lethal seems to get these days. It'd be a good sign for TJ's ROH future if he's the first guy to earn a title match via Proving Ground.

Spoiler:

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Two Of ROH’s Hottest Tag Teams Collide!

Fresh off their near-victory at “Glory by Honor X” in an ROH World Tag Title match against Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, The All Night Express jump from frying pan to fire as they collide at “Southern Defiance” another team that came out on the losing end in Chicago Ridge: The Young Bucks!

“We’re sore, we’re tired, and you bet your ass we are pissed off.” said Kenny King, “Not at Haas and Benjamin, but at ourselves. Rhett and I talked about this long and hard after Chicago, and we got no one to blame but ourselves for not becoming champions. I’m not going to say it’s okay, cause it ain’t, but what it will be is motivation. Get back in the gym, get back in the ring, fight our asses off and get another shot at WGTT or whoever has those belts when our time comes again. So when I got that phone call this morning telling me we were going at it with our old friends The Young Bucks in Spartanburg, let’s just say I was happy that we get to start this road back by beating their asses.”

The ANX and Young Bucks are quite familiar with one another, having done battle several times over the course of 2009, with Titus & King scoring the victory at “Clash of the Contenders” in their last meeting. Times have changed, all four men have grown, and these are not…for better or worse…the same two teams that danced two years ago.

At “Southern Defiance” it will be The Young Bucks vs. The All Night Express as ROH continues to showcase the absolute best tag team division in all of professional wrestling, and you can bet that both Haas & Benjamin and The Briscoes will have their eye on this one as they could very well face the winner sometime after “Final Battle 2011”.

Tickets for ROH’s debut at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium on December 3rd are available now at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site!
    Could be a really exciting opener.

Spoiler:

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Vcash

Eh, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a Bucks match, and I'm on the fence with ANX outside the Briscoes feud.

-------

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    Events: CZW's To Infinity
    Discuss: ROH Returns to PPV
    Indy/Puro Pick Em's: Results/Standings
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Coleman & Alexander Are Put To The Test

Although Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman are relatively new to the ROH scene, they have battled some tough opponents, including the ROH World Tag Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, and strive to make their mark in the toughest tag team division in professional wrestling. In just a matter of weeks, when ROH hits the Carolinas, this duo will be put to the test like never before.

First, at “Southern Defiance” on 12/3/11 in Spartanburg, Coleman & Alexander will face the most legendary tag team in ROH’s near-ten year history, the 6-Time former ROH World Tag Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe! The brothers from Delaware have been on a warpath throughout 2011 as they have pursued their 7th tag title reign, but thus far that lucky number has eluded them. At “Final Battle 2011” they will get their next opportunity, but what a coup it would be for Caprice & Cedric to snatch a win from the top contenders for the titles just a few weeks before their title bout. It would certainly skyrocket them up the contender’s ladder and force ROH officials to take notice…

Then, at “Northern Aggression” on 12/4/11 in Greensboro, Caprice & Cedric will face a team freshly returned to the ROH scene, but one that has made an immediate impact on the division with a series of victories over the likes of The Bravados & Future Shock. Now, coming off a loss at “Glory by Honor X” to The Briscoes, Matt & Nick Jackson will face off with Coleman & Alexander in a battle that will certainly shape the tag team division as ROH heads into 2012.

“This is the type of weekend that we came to Ring of Honor for.” stated Cedric Alexander, “This is the competition we want to face, the sort of opponents that Caprice and I know will bring out our best. The Briscoes are the best tag team ROH has ever seen, and the Bucks are on a tear, so scoring a win of either of them will mean so much to our championship futures. That is why we’re here after all, to become tag team champions, and fight whoever we have to in order to get to that point.”

Cedric & Caprice face the toughest weekend of their ROH careers as they face The Briscoes on December 3rd in Spartanburg & The Young Bucks on December 4th in Greensboro. Will they survive the experience? Tickets for both “Southern Defiance” and “Northern Aggression” are available now at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site!
    Both matches sound fun, especially the Briscoes one. Looks like C&C are the new Cole/O'Reilly.

Spoiler:

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

For The First Time Ever In ROH

It was supposed to happen on November 13, 2010 at “Fate of an Angel II” in Mississauga, ON but a freak accident one night prior at “Survival of the Fittest 2010” prevented then-ROH TV Champion Eddie Edwards from defending his title against El Generico. Unfortunately for the ROH faithful, as well as the two competitors potentially involved, it is a bout that never came together in the year that has followed, that is until now!

On Saturday night December 3rd, when ROH debuts in Spartanburg, SC for “Southern Defiance” it will be “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards vs. “The Generic Luchador” El Generico for the first time ever here in Ring of Honor!

“We’ve done the tag team battles over the ROH titles,” offered Edwards, “and I fought Generico’s partner during that time, but somehow the two of us just never went at it head to head. So when it got snatched out from under us last year I was seriously disappointed, and I’ve been itching for a chance to fight Generico ever since. To see that I’m finally getting that, well it puts a smile on my face for sure, and for several reasons. See now that it’s officially me and Davey at Final Battle, I can’t think of a better opponent to get me ready for that war than the guy who just took Davey to his limit last weekend. I need to be pushed, harder than ever, in training and in the ring, and Generico is just the guy to do it.”

As for Generico, as Eddie said, he is fresh off a hard-fought loss of his own at "Glory by Honor X" against Davey Richards for the ROH World Title, but there is also the looming spectre of an evil Generico thought he was free of one year ago. One can only speculate how this is psychologically effecting the former TV Champion or if it even has any impact at all. All we know is that Generico will never stop fighting, no matter who the opponent may be, and Eddie Edwards is looking to find that out just as his American Wolf brother did in Chicago Ridge.

Eddie Edwards vs. El Generico! It goes down at “Southern Defiance” on December 3rd when Ring of Honor hits Spartanburg, SC for the very first time. Tickets for this huge event can be found at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site!
    Aww **** yeah! Nothing better get in the way of this match this time.

Spoiler:

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

They had a really good match in PWG despite Edwards' emotionless state.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Adam Cole Steps Into The Proving Ground

Thus far one man has stepped onto ROH’s Proving Ground and earned himself a future title opportunity; that man was Roderick Strong at “Glory by Honor X” when he took Jay Lethal to the time limit and secured himself a future chance to become TV Champion.

Now another man will come onto that playing field and attempt to follow in Strong’s footsteps. That man, coming off a failed bid in “Survival of the Fittest 2011” to earn a World Title match, is none other than one-half of Future Shock, Adam Cole.

“Jay Lethal has proven himself a tough champion no doubt.” said Cole, “He’s defeated El Generico to take the belt, beat back the challenges of Mike Bennett and Generico in a rematch, and stopped Mark Briscoe on the Proving Ground. It’s an impressive resume and he’s only had the belt a few months. You’ve earned my respect Jay, not just since you’ve won the belt, but over your whole career and the opportunity to step into the ring with you is one I relish. What you’ve accomplished in your career, it’s something inspirational to a guy like me, but that respect doesn’t blind me to the true prize here: that Television championship you carry. I have yet to capture a title here in Ring of Honor and while I am a patient guy, I don’t intend to sit back and wait for it to come to me. Just like the way Kyle and I fought to get our tag title match, and I will fight my heart out to get this TV title match Jay.”

ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal takes on Adam Cole in The Proving Ground on Sunday afternoon December 4th in Greensboro, NC. For those who are unaware, the Proving Ground is when an ROH champion takes on a potential challenger in a non-title affair. Should the opponent defeat the champion, or take him to the time limit distance, said opponent will earn himself a future championship opportunity.

Roderick Strong accomplished that goal at “Glory by Honor X”, will Adam Cole be the second man to earn his way on The Proving Ground? Be there live in Greensboro to see for yourself! Tickets are available now at www.Tickemaster.com.
    No way Lethal can draw against Cole.

Spoiler:

Thread Information