Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion - October 27th, 2011

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion - October 27th, 2011

Good day ladies (yeah right) and gentlemen, and welcome to the first edition of the all new, slightly improved and guaranteed funnier edition of the Impact Wrestling Live Discussion thread. Last week we witnessed an historic moment, as James Storm made the most of his opportunity and became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. As if that wasn't enough to blow our minds, Impact Wrestling also scored its highest rating EVER on a Thursday night show, with a 1.4. We also hit a milestone of our own here in the LD, scoring over 220 responses which as far back as I can find is a record all our own. This week our goal should be to not only equal that, but better it, and I for one believe that we can do it, so let's all kick some major ass again this week and bring it to the LD where wrestling matters...along with witty banter and casual observations on the television commercials.

Here is a preview of Thursday's broadast....

NEW World Heavyweight Champion James Storm will appear on the huge broadcast! Just one week after the TNA Original captured one of the biggest prizes in pro wrestling, Storm will address the fans on his future as champion!

In addition, the new GM "General Menace" of Impact Wrestling "The Icon" Sting will be in attendance this Thursday. Sting has promised to have a new #1 Contender for Storm's World Title by the end of the broadcast. Who will get the next shot at the gold?

Also on Thursday night, "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy makes his in-ring wrestling return against Bully Ray! Can Hardy capitalize on his second chance - or will Bully Ray ruin Hardy's return? Tune in and find out!

Gail Kim also makes her return to action on IMPACT WRESTLING, facing Tara in a Knockouts match! The question is, will Knockouts Champion Velvet Sky be waiting to get revenge on Gail for attacking her last week? Or, will Knockouts VP Karen Jarrett continue to make Velvet's life a living hell?

Plus, the Television Championship will be on the line as Eric Young defends against Robbie E….in addition, Christopher Daniels battles Rob Van Dam….and more!

Also appearing on Thursday night - Jeff and Karen Jarrett, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles, Eric Bischoff and many more!
    After last week's promo heavy show, its nice to see them going back to a little more wrestling for this upcoming episode, I think that's a good thing for sure. It appears at the moment that there are 4 matches set in stone already, and each looks like it has at least a little potential. Nice to see Gail Kim getting right back into the swing of things in action against Tara and hey, ERIC YOUNG is actually defending the TV Title on the show. As we all know, Eric Young + Beard = WIN! I'm interested to see Hardy back in action as well, and since its against Ray I know that it should be entertaining, as should Daniels/RVD. All in all it looks like a pretty hot show, so let's hope it is and let's also hope those ratings stay the same or get even better.

As an added bonus, I am also going to try something a little different this week. As I was skimming through the comments from last Thursday's show, I found some hilarious gems in there including a comment The Viper made about wanting to lick Velvet Sky's teeth. While I found this slightly grotesque and also slightly hot, it nevertheless made me legit and gave me this idea to try out for this week' show, so thanks to The Viper for helping me come up with the following...

To make things interesting around here, I have decided to have my own mini-awards to be given out on a weekly basis in the following categories (to start)...

Best Overall Comment (regarding any aspect of the show)
    Best KO's Comment
    Best Comment About A Commercial Aired During The Show
    Best Jeff Hardy Comment (come on, this HAS to be a category)
    Best Eric Bischoff Comment (see above)

What kind of prizes will the winners get? Well you'll have to participate and hopefully win to find out, so get your posting pants ready for Thursday night and make sure to come out to the most entertaining LD on WC, hosted by your's truly, "Psycho Killer Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa" Fuji Vice.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion - October 27th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    As an added bonus, I am also going to try something a little different this week. As I was skimming through the comments from last Thursday's show, I found some hilarious gems in there including a comment The Viper made about wanting to lick Velvet Sky's teeth. While I found this slightly grotesque and also slightly hot, it nevertheless made me legit and gave me this idea to try out for this week' show, so thanks to The Viper for helping me come up with the following...

To make things interesting around here, I have decided to have my own mini-awards to be given out on a weekly basis in the following categories (to start)...

Best Overall Comment (regarding any aspect of the show)
    Best KO's Comment
    Best Comment About A Commercial Aired During The Show
    Best Jeff Hardy Comment (come on, this HAS to be a category)
    Best Eric Bischoff Comment (see above)

What kind of prizes will the winners get? Well you'll have to participate and hopefully win to find out, so get your posting pants ready for Thursday night and make sure to come out to the most entertaining LD on WC, hosted by your's truly, "Psycho Killer Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa" Fuji Vice.
    It is a bit grotesque, isn't it? I stand by my comment!! I appreciate that I made somebody . Sheesh. I just wanna lick a hot girls teeth, people. When did everyone get so cynical?

Oh and this is gonna be the greatest LD of all time. If nobody has noticed, Impact from this past Thursday got more participation than the Raw from that Monday and that show was taped as well. Think about that. Let's make this week no different.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    It is a bit grotesque, isn't it? I stand by my comment!! I appreciate that I made somebody . Sheesh. I just wanna lick a hot girls teeth, people. When did everyone get so cynical?

Oh and this is gonna be the greatest LD of all time. If nobody has noticed, Impact from this past Thursday got more participation than the Raw from that Monday and that show was taped as well. Think about that. Let's make this week no different.
    As I said, I thought it was hot as well as gross, so yeah, I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning towards it being sexy. This week's LD is going to be boss, so everyone best be in here. I'm watching....

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

As I said, I thought it was hot as well as gross, so yeah, I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning towards it being sexy. This week's LD is going to be boss, so everyone best be in here. I'm watching....
    Kinky.

Yeah, you little punk ass b*tches better be in here on Thursday or somebody GON GET GOT IN THE PARKING LOT!!!!!!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Kinky.

Yeah, you little punk ass b*tches better be in here on Thursday or somebody GON GET GOT IN THE PARKING LOT!!!!!!
    It's nice to see two of us have gotten into the festivities (and maybe the punch) a little earlier than usual this week. That's all good.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Main Eventer

Status

It's nice to see two of us have gotten into the festivities (and maybe the punch) a little earlier than usual this week. That's all good.
    Oh yes. I'm on and off with TNA a lot, but right now I'm really ON!! So I'm just as excited for the shows these days as you.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I will definitely be here on Thursday this week, so wwe can kick the raw ones ass and hopefully take home a prize. Oh, I am beginning to think eric young has listened to ZZ top a little to much with his beard but his banter is top notch and I will take it. Oh and we get to see him take on Conan the Barbarian this week too.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvandeforty View Post
    I will definitely be here on Thursday this week, so wwe can kick the raw ones ass and hopefully take home a prize. Oh, I am beginning to think eric young has listened to ZZ top a little to much with his beard but his banter is top notch and I will take it. Oh and we get to see him take on Conan the Barbarian this week too.
    I think any show with Eric Young automatically has "Legs". And it knows how to use them.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Cult of Fuji

Status

Maybe he can kick a little "Tush" while he is at it. looking forward to Thursday.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvandeforty View Post
    Maybe he can kick a little "Tush" while he is at it. looking forward to Thursday.
    It's gonna' be a laugh riot!!

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Last week's episode had plenty of room for improvement-- the Abyss angle has been universally panned by journalists and fans; Velvet Sky was given a microphone (what the hell was that?!); and Gail Kim returned as a heel (despite the fact that the crowd wanted to celebrate her awesomeness). There need to be more changes to the creative team.

Gail Kim's return should be the main event unless there is a number one contender's match. The company is having trouble keeping people around for the main event; it doesn't matter if Hulk Hogan closes the show or Kurt Angle, people are tuning out more often than they are tuning in for the ending, and they need to put the women in the main event more often since people love watching the women wrestle. If I ran this company and saw the ratings the women scored; I'd be booking three segments with women every week, and I'd be asking Spike for an hour slot for nothing but women wrestling on either Saturday, Monday, or Tuesday. Sable had as much to do with winning the Monday Night War as Steve Austin (and WCW's self inflicted wounds).

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Sable had as much to do with winning the Monday Night War as Steve Austin (and WCW's self inflicted wounds).[/B]
    WHAT?!!? WHATTTTT?!?! Don't let Cornette hear you, he'd have a heart attack.

Sable had **** all to do with WCW losing the war. WCW self-imploded, believe me I watched every week and I saw the decline.

Now as for the LD, I'm pumped. I can smell a lot of "Oh nice move Hardy, did you learn that one from the speed addict?" and all the "Velvet's loose pigeons can peck me anytime." Also, Eric Young on television made my heart flutter fo real son.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Now as for the LD, I'm pumped. I can smell a lot of "Oh nice move Hardy, did you learn that one from the speed addict?" and all the "Velvet's loose pigeons can peck me anytime." Also, Eric Young on television made my heart flutter fo real son.
    Glad to see there's already a great group of people getting ready for Thursday. This is gonna' be the best darn LD ever, or my name isn't Clark W. Griswold. Wait, my name is Fuji Vice and you killed my father. Wait, oh well, never mind, just make sure you're all here or I'll be coming after you with my spork!

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

HOSS MOD

Status

Wow, we're already 12-13 comments on a live discussion and the show isn't for four more days...impressive.

But yeah, I'll be here. Much fun to be had by all.

Sweet Meat

Status

I won't be here for Live discussion but I'll definitely be watching the show, as I do every week.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Free Agent

Status

I'll watch Impact the same way I do every week. I'll DVR the show, then catch it before work the next day. DVR is the best way to watch Impact, you can fast forward through the crap. Impact ends up being 5 minutes long.

Conqueror of Shamballa

Status

guize, last week will be pretty hard to top. i am hoping to see my madison.. something about her makes me pre my pants.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KTK
    I won't be here for Live discussion but I'll definitely be watching the show, as I do every week.
    Boooo, its more fun watching WITH us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon
    I'll watch Impact the same way I do every week. I'll DVR the show, then catch it before work the next day. DVR is the best way to watch Impact, you can fast forward through the crap. Impact ends up being 5 minutes long.
    Har har, but remember, the LD is the most entertaining part of the show, if you are in here, you'll see why.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal Alchemist
    guize, last week will be pretty hard to top. i am hoping to see my madison.. something about her makes me pre my pants.
    It will be even greater this week, mark my words.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 10-24-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I will definitely be watching this. Tuned in again after a long vacation from TNA and it's gotten better, which is more than I expected (hell, I'm often surprised it's still around). Hopefully this continues to improve because WWE's definitely stepped up their game as of late and I'd love to see TNA ride the same wave.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Cult of Fuji

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I will definitely be watching this. Tuned in again after a long vacation from TNA and it's gotten better, which is more than I expected (hell, I'm often surprised it's still around). Hopefully this continues to improve because WWE's definitely stepped up their game as of late and I'd love to see TNA ride the same wave.
    I haven't watched in a while either even though I kept up with what was going on in both the E and TNA. I thought last weeks show was good even though it was promo heavy and I like the direction I saw in the heavyweight as long as it continues. Oh fuji 1 more day to set the record.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information