Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Boom - Legit tag team?

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Air Boom - Legit tag team?

When I heard that WWE were throwing Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston together a while back, I instantly thought "Oh, wonderful. Just what the tag division needs, a team made up by two singles wrestlers who up until then have had little to no interraction with each other."

So I watched, ready to have myself proven right when it'd be show that Bourne and Kingstin have about as much chemisty as *insert comicly lack of chemisty joke here*. And as the weeks went by, my cynicism began to fade. These guys have similar outfits, good double team manouvers, I'll be damned... I think I'm actually beginning to buy them as a tag team.

What do you fellas think? Do you buy 'Air Boom' (certaintly not the best title I've heard.) as a legit tag team? Or just the opposite? Are they helping revvive the tag division, or not?

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Air Boom - Legit tag team?

It's too early to say that they're reviving the tag team division, but it is worlds better than it was two months ago and the tag matches are far more interesting to me. They've got the look and feel of a legitimate tag team, they're fun and, quite frankly, they've got nothing better to do on the shows. So far, I'm digging it and I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with teams like Air Boom, Ziggler/Swagger and Miz/Truth.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Squash Fodder

Status

I for one is very excited to have a strong tag division again! The days of the Outlaws, Dudleys, Hardy's, Edge & Christian. Loved it.

Having Airboom I think is def a push in the right direction. I wasn't tp happy about it to start with but I think it can work. If they focus on getting some cool double team moves then i think it will be good.

Now they need to focus on having good teams around them. On that point, does anyone know what happened to the Uzo's? they looked great the few times i saw them!

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Having 2 random guys tag together & form a team is only successful some of the time. Just because you win the tag team championship doesn't mean that your team is a success. Just look at Otunga & McGullicutty probably the most boring team of all time. The fact that Kingston & Bourne are high fliers helps a little in there matches.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

Evan and Kofi already had something in common with each other prior to forming. They were both high fliers and both already got good reactions from the crowd, it's not like they just threw them together randomly. The only thing Otunga and McGillicutty had in common was that they were both coming out of Nexus. There wasn't any reason as to why they were a team other than they were in Nexus, add that to their lacklusterness and you've got a failure right there.

As far as other teams are concerned, I wish they wouldn't use Ziggler in a team, due to him having the United States title already. Focus on him defending that, and use somebody else in Vickie's little group as Swagger's partner.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

^Like maybe Christian, because I do agree that they should focus on Dolph defending the US title.

Anyways, I do think Air Boom is a great tag team. I was beginning to not care that much for Kofi before they teamed up, but since the team has taken off I've grown to like him much more again. Evan on the other hand I've always liked.

They are a fun and exciting tag team to watch. The tag team division is beginning to mean something again, and I like that.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I think some of the best tag teams are ones that were just thrown together. Look at Beer Money and I think New Age Outlaws (a little before my time so I'm not sure). Anyway I like Air Boom they are one of the first tag teams in a long time that I actually like and that I think work well together.

Established Veteran

Status

I am not a fan of them, but I do agree that the Tag matches are better than they were a couple of months ago. Hopefully the WWE keeps it going, and add some more good or at least decent Tag Teams to the mix. I just don't won't to see Air Boom vs. (Insert Tag Team Here) every week. As long as there are different teams, then that will do.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Clunk View Post
    Having 2 random guys tag together & form a team is only successful some of the time. Just because you win the tag team championship doesn't mean that your team is a success. Just look at Otunga & McGullicutty probably the most boring team of all time. The fact that Kingston & Bourne are high fliers helps a little in there matches.
    Thanks for hurting my eyes man!

Air Boom is as legit as a tag team can be in WWE right now. They're two high flyers who the crowd loves, and whenever they get an interview, they always put over the tag titles as something special to have, which is great. You can't always have tag teams like Edge and Christian, the Hardyz, Demolition, etc., some tag teams are going to be made up of two singles wrestlers, and it can be made to work. Air Boom is pretty much doing that now.

Free Agent

Status

Legit tag team? Yes. Legit tag division? NO. At least not yet.

Established Veteran

Status

This is just one team, but I will admit that they do work as a team. I'm not completely sold, but it hasn't been horrible by any means. There really isn't a "tag-team division" so it's hard to gauge how good they really are. It's like comparing a bologna sandwich to no sandwich at all which is better, but it's not roast beef either.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Indy Talent

Status

This tag-team isn't legit until they reach the levels of london and kendrick, edge and christian, hawk and animal and so on. If they can hold on to those championships and defend night after night then I can call them a legit tag-team.

Squash Fodder

Status

WWE needs to give this time, Air Boom could be a huge key in the revival of Tag Teams in WWE. The more they compete together the more chemistry they will develop and the more the fans will like them. Back when WCW was around WWE could buy talent from them wether that be singles, tag teams or even an entire faction to come to their company, and vice versa for WCW. No company has the luxury of doing that anymore (with the rare exception of Team 3D going to TNA and WGTT going to ROH), it is hard enough to get a singles wrestler over and a little harder again to get a Tag team or Faction over. TNA took a chance pairing Storm and Roode and with enough time Beer Money have gone on to be arguably the best tag team of the last decade. I can't see why Air Boom can't do the same.

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status

Air Boom I think is perhaps leading the way towards a revived tag team division in WWE, from what I've seen. You got them, Ziggler/Swagger, Miz/Truth; and don't forget about the possible formation of a recently signed talent, and his long-time partner who he's hinted that he's on his way, the team..........Kings of Wrestling.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    au=Australia

The new generic theme song was convincing enough for me.
    Harry Jones: 5-1 in CWA ... THY STREAK IS OVER!

"There Will Never Be Another Harry Jones"

Indy Talent

Status

AirBoom I like it if they help the tag division to rise again why not then.

So i think we are about to see a few team form up to take the division to its past glory

> AirBoom - Kofi/Bourne
    > Awesome Truth - The Miz/R Truth
    > Vicky's Boyz - Swagger/Ziggler
    > The Uso's
    > Fortunate Sons - Ted DiBiase Jnr & Joe Hennig (Tagged down in FCW)
    > The Empire - McIntyre/Barrett (Tagged in FCW) seemed to be lost as of late - would love to see Regal as their manager
    > Broskis - Zack Ryder/Trent Barretta (Friends from Jersey)
    > Coast 2 Coast - Hawkins/Reks (have tagged in the passed on Superstars)
    > The Sin Caras - Nero/Azul (Would love to see them tag after their feud)
    > KoW - Have the Kingz been signed up by WWE ?? if Not lets see Santino side with Claudio

Free Agent

Status

If Hero doesn't come to the WWE, or if they don't put them together, then I would love to see a team of Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro (Claudio). A "very European" team. Two big guys who are very good workers. Barrett makes up for what Claudio lacks on the mic, Claudio makes up for what Barrett lacks in the ring. Put them with Regal and you got something special (although they don't really need Regal).

The team of DiBiase and Hennig sounds good on paper, but both lack charisma and mic skills. I'm not sure they could get over.

I like the idea of bringing up the Rotundo brothers (Husky Harris and Bo Rotundo). They are ying and yang. Bo is an in-shape, good looking guy. Husky is, well, husky, plus he has that redneck thing going for him. Bo is injured at the moment, but once healed up, i would love to see them as a team on the big stage.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    If Hero doesn't come to the WWE, or if they don't put them together, then I would love to see a team of Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro (Claudio). A "very European" team. Two big guys who are very good workers. Barrett makes up for what Claudio lacks on the mic, Claudio makes up for what Barrett lacks in the ring. Put them with Regal and you got something special (although they don't really need Regal).
    I really like this idea. It's clear at this point Regal doesn't have much time in the ring left, and we all know Regal just makes everything better.

Indy Talent

Status

WWE have had Tito Colon in a dark match with cousin Primo vs the Uso Brothers.

It's a shame that Carlito is gone from the WWE as I think he would of been a great leader in the Colons Group.
    But all this said maybe Tito/Primo tag team could work

Free Agent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mickie Zee View Post
    WWE have had Tito Colon in a dark match with cousin Primo vs the Uso Brothers.

It's a shame that Carlito is gone from the WWE as I think he would of been a great leader in the Colons Group.
    But all this said maybe Tito/Primo tag team could work
    I just hope for a return of Los Conquistadores!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information