Thread: My Wrestlemania XXVIII Card

Curtain Jerker

Status

My Wrestlemania XXVIII Card

Here's where I think WWE should go with the Wrestlemania card next year. I know some are much more likely than others, but all are definitely possible. Thoughts?

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. Big Show vs. Khali vs. Ezekiel Jackson
    Battle of the Giants

Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Kharma (if she's had her baby by then)
    Divas Title (Diva lumberjills maybe)

Air Boom vs. Miz/Truth vs. Morrison/Mason Ryan (odd combination but I think it could work) vs. Ziggler/Swagger vs. Christian/Wade Barrett (another odd combo with potential)
    Tag Team Battle Royal for Tag Team Titles
    - Goes along with WWE's recent habit of throwing random ppl together as tag teams

IC Title/US Title Unification Match
    w/ whomever the champions are at the time (Zack Ryder vs. Sheamus maybe?) :-)

CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (if not Stone Cold, then Chris Jericho)

Triple H vs. Kevin Nash (w/ Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee)
    (Drama!!!!)

Undertaker vs. Mick Foley
    Hell in a Cell or No Holds Barred
    (Retirement Match for Both Wrestlers)

Randy Orton (c) vs. Cody Rhodes (Royal Rumble Winner)
    - World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (Cashing in MITB)
    - WWE Championship
    (lots of build for Daniel Bryan needed over the next few months obviously)

John Cena vs. The Rock
    - Main Event

Would love to hear your opinons.....

P.S. I added Del Rio vs. Bryan for two reasons. The first being that Daniel Bryan already said he would be the first to cash in his MITB briefcase at Wrestlemania, so I was working off of that. Obviously, this would require a huge push for Bryan, which WWE hasn't started working on yet. That being said, the best person for Bryan to wrestle at Wrestlemania would be Del Rio, mainly because if the build for the match wasnt that great, at least the actual wrestling match would be really good

Heel Champion

Status

Re: My Wrestlemania XXVIII Card

I don't think Bryan would go for the WWE title, specifically because his briefcase is for the SmackDown World Heavyweight Championship and also the Be the Booker section is for projects that people do, not cards.

Take a look around the other threads and you can see. Not been harsh or anything.

GMT Admin

Status

I've moved this from the BTB section to here because you're not planning on doing any writing about the show, it looks as though you just want to post a card and have people comment on it. It would be more at home in here.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Ok, let's see. Because I am bored, I'm going to share my opinion on this card.

-I only have one question. Why? I mean, this would be an awesome match and all but why the hell would these two babyfaces go against eachother at WrestleMania? They would need a really damn good reason to make me believe it's worth booking to Mania.

Battle of the Giants

-No..... Just..... no. I can see where you're going with this (hopefully the reason being that Henry has injured all of these... except Jackson) but still NO! This would be the most boring match in WWE history, right after the one they did in ECW a few years back.

-I agree, they should do this. Though the way I would like to see these two feud against eachother would be Kharma having a winning streak and Pheonix being the only one to beat her.

Air Boom vs. Miz/Truth vs. Morrison/Mason Ryan (odd combination but I think it could work) vs. Ziggler/Swagger vs. Christian/Wade Barrett (another odd combo with potential)

-I don't know about this one... It could be pretty good but then again, this looks just like the kind of match that is booked to Mania and ends up in the dark match.

w/ whomever the champions are at the time (Zack Ryder vs. Sheamus maybe?)

-I'm pretty sure this will happen eventually, I have been sure about it for a while already. But Ryder vs Sheamus? I don't think so. There's just no way Ryder could even nearly winn without Sheamus losing all his momentum. Sheamus has beaten up Mark Henry, so basicly he would need to squash Ryder.

-Well, the fact is that Stone Cold will not risk his life by going in the ring. One move could end his ability to move for good. More likely he would be a special guest referee. But Jericho on the other hand, a great idea.

-Somehow I actually can see this happening. Except maybe Michaels not being the referee.

-Meh, been there, done that. And IF this would happen, it would not be HIAC because that would just be too much HIAC matches in one year. And can Foley even have a match anymore?

-Why not.... only one problem. Randy Orton as a champion again. No, please. Besides, Daniel Bryan is going to use his MITB contract on WHC.

- WWE Championship
    -Like I said earlier, D. Bryan is using his MITB contract on WHC, not WWE Championship. Not because he wants to, but because it is a SmackDown MITB and he has to use it on a SmackDown title.

John Cena vs. The Rock
    -Well, nothing much to comment about this since it's actually booked already. Though, Cena promised us a title match which hopefully won't happen because we all know The Rock wouldn't win and because of that everyone would know the result.

Curtain Jerker

Status

My apologies for posting in the wrong section....

I agree with a lot of your criticisms made, but here is my reasoning for a few of those matches:

Battle of the Giants and the Tag team Battle Royal were mainly just a way to get everyone on the card without having too many matches.

Mysterio vs Sin Cara is definitely likely. They are on different shows right now for a reason, and thats obviously to keep the idea of the two feuding (or teaming together) out of everyone's minds. So why not have them finally meet at Wrestlemania?

I slated Zack Ryder for The IC/US Title unification match because of the recent push he has been getting. There is plenty of time between now and Wrestlemania to make him an actual threat to Sheamus. If you don't like Sheamus, then maybe book him against Christian instead. Or maybe replace Zack Ryder with John Morrison. Just a few ideas...

Punk vs. Austin was slated because Austin has left the door open to one more match, and has stated that he would do a feud with Punk if the opportunity arose.

For Undertaker's 20th wrestlemania match (and possible last one), there's no one better than his biggest rival to cap off his career now that Foley is back with the WWE.

I understand the issue with the whole Smackdown briefcase thing, but I'm sure WWE could find a way to make some kind of exception to the rule, or switch Orton and Del Rio to opposite brands at some point. My reason for these matches was mainly based around Cody. I think his push is/should lead him to a royal rumble win, and I cant think of anyone better for him to face (and beat) at Wrestlemania than Randy Orton. (Also, with Cena involved in a non-title match, hopefully, Randy Orton almost has to be in a title match to give it some credibility). And I've already stated why I like Bryan vs. Del Rio,
    Last edited by kevinj; 10-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    Here's where I think WWE should go with the Wrestlemania card next year. I know some are much more likely than others, but all are definitely possible. Thoughts?

Sure, fair enough.

Battle of the Giants

Lol what.

Yeah, would be fine.

- Goes along with WWE's recent habit of throwing random ppl together as tag teams

No, those teams would be awful. Just have Air Boom, Swagger/Ziggler, and maybe Kings of Wrestling and have a TLC match.

w/ whomever the champions are at the time (Zack Ryder vs. Sheamus maybe?) :-)

PLEASE GOD NO

That's fine.

(Drama!!!!)

Please don't.

Please God, no.

Hmm, i'd take that.

- WWE Championship
    (lots of build for Daniel Bryan needed over the next few months obviously)

Considering Bryan can carry anyone, I don't want this.

John Cena vs. The Rock
    - Main Event

Well, yes.

Would love to hear your opinons.....

P.S. I added Del Rio vs. Bryan for two reasons. The first being that Daniel Bryan already said he would be the first to cash in his MITB briefcase at Wrestlemania, so I was working off of that. Obviously, this would require a huge push for Bryan, which WWE hasn't started working on yet. That being said, the best person for Bryan to wrestle at Wrestlemania would be Del Rio, mainly because if the build for the match wasnt that great, at least the actual wrestling match would be really good
    Added my thoughts.

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Wow, a card we could actually have at WM this year! (Well, this year in the WWE)

So, after seeing somebodies quite frankly, awful WM card I decided i'd bring the chat I had with my cousin the other day here and say this is a WWE card we could genuinely see at Wrestlemania this year, and I thought it was pretty amazing to see.

The Rock vs John Cena

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk

HHH vs Undertaker

Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs Christian for the WHC.

Alberto Del Rio vs Miz for the WWE title.

Money in the Bank (Ziggler should win it)

Air Boom vs Kings of Wrestling (Unlikely as hell)

Rey Mysterio vs Mistico (Would be a HUGE PPV draw in Mexico.)

No womens match unless it's Trish vs a Diva of Doom or Sara Del Rey gets hired.

Now THAT is actually possible, and would be an amazing, amazing show worthy of making up for this years complete mess.

Evil Admin.

Status

Threads merged since we really don't need more than one "This is what WM should be!" threads.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: Wow, a card we could actually have at WM this year! (Well, this year in the WWE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Aspergers View Post
    So, after seeing somebodies quite frankly, awful WM card I decided i'd bring the chat I had with my cousin the other day here and say this is a WWE card we could genuinely see at Wrestlemania this year, and I thought it was pretty amazing to see.

The Rock vs John Cena

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk

HHH vs Undertaker

Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs Christian for the WHC.

Alberto Del Rio vs Miz for the WWE title.

Money in the Bank (Ziggler should win it)

Air Boom vs Kings of Wrestling (Unlikely as hell)

Rey Mysterio vs Mistico (Would be a HUGE PPV draw in Mexico.)

No womens match unless it's Trish vs a Diva of Doom or Sara Del Rey gets hired.

Now THAT is actually possible, and would be an amazing, amazing show worthy of making up for this years complete mess.
    HHH vs. Undertaker again? WWE got lucky when they pulled off Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels two years in a row. It's not gonna happen again (nor should it)

Also, there won't be MITB at Wrestlemania anymore because of the MITB pay per views. If there was, I wouldn't have added my ridiculous tag team battle royal to fit everyone on the card.

Other than that, your card isnt too bad. But I would still have Orton vs. Rhodes in there rather than the triple threat

ESPÍRITO INDEPENDENTE

Status

Re: Wow, a card we could actually have at WM this year! (Well, this year in the WWE)

I'm trying to mix what I'd like but within reasonable boundaries. Just throwing this together so there could be logical flaws... Winners in bold. (Not really in order)

John Cena vs. The Rock
    Obviously this is happening so...

CM Punk
    vs. Triple H
    Not sure these fellas will be happy playing second fiddle, but they could hopefully steel the show. Two wins here solidifies CM and Cena.

WWE/Heavyweight Championship Unification - Three Way
    Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Randy Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
    D Bryan wins this one for me, after a unification bout is made for both major championships, including IC/US.
    In an ideal world Cody is in there but I don't see it. It seems the time to do it when the championship is not the focus in a way.

IC/US Championship Unification
    Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (c)
    Both heels is a problem, but I want to see them, as both have mentioned put the prestige right up, and then battle it out. A win for Dolph as Cody builds for the World and Dolph continues to do what he does.

Divas Championship
    Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Natalya
    Sick of not getting a shot Natty turns on Beth, challenging her at WM, after Beth has shafted her into being her. Natty with the win, so she can continue to feud with Beth or Kharma if she returns.

Tag Team Championships
    The Awesome Truth (c) vs. Kings Of Wrestling
    Highly improbable but I see Cole costing The KOW leading to Michael Cole vs. Antonio Cesaro (sp?), not really but I have a feeling the King brings in KOW (hope not) and there is some interaction with Cole managing Awesome Truth

Wade Barrett
    vs. William Regal
    IDK, the uber cheap reason that they're both English works for me.
    This match retires Mr. Regal (complications may come with this later on down there v v v)

Streak vs. Hair (okay not but so what
    )
    Sheamus vs. The Undertaker
    Sheamus takes Taker to the limit we've seen it all before 20-0. After The Undertaker looks face to face with Sheamus and collapses, Sheamus is left standing. The druids come out, Taker is carried away 20-0 displays on the screen and we see R.I.P, we never see The Undertaker again duh, duh, duh!

Big Show & Kane & Brodus Clay vs. Christian & Jack Swagger & Mark Henry
    Piece of crap booking I don't know. I mean really lazy. Do not care about winner

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Reinception (Ladder?) MatchRey Mysterio vs. Evan Bourne vs. Seth Rollins vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sin Cara vs. Hunico (? What happens to Negro Sin Cara now...) vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Tyson Kidd
    Not sure I'd go for this but why the huck not, I've already screwed up with that last piece of crap. This match is won by, hmm maybe Gabriel, I was thinking of a Rey retirement match but with Regal and Taker that is simply too much, may even leave Rey out of it (IRL I think he will still be out) I don't know who'd win this.

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
    Team Cyrus T

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
    HHH vs. Undertaker again? WWE got lucky when they pulled off Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels two years in a row. It's not gonna happen again (nor should it)

Also, there won't be MITB at Wrestlemania anymore because of the MITB pay per views. If there was, I wouldn't have added my ridiculous tag team battle royal to fit everyone on the card.

Other than that, your card isnt too bad. But I would still have Orton vs. Rhodes in there rather than the triple threat
    You can't criticise my card with your ridiculous 5 man fat match.

Underdog

Status

Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship match
    Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry

CM Punk vs. SCSA

HHH vs. The Miz

Rock vs. John Cena

Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus

Christian vs. Undertaker

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship match.

ADR vs. a returning Y2J.

On Vacation

Status

Hell, why not? This is more of how I would book it and less of what I think will happen.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio
    It's the match everyone wants to see. Mysterio could return from injury and claim that Sin Cara has stolen all his fans and Sin Cara is stealing his persona. He could pull a tweener-like role and make Sin Cara earn his respect through a match at Wrestlemania. It would make a great opening contest with Sin Cara winning, and Rey shaking his hand afterwards, signifying that he has earned his respect.

Beth Pheonix vs. Kharma for the Divas Title
    Have Beth play the face, as I think the fans could really get behind her in a match against Kharma. It would be like a divas version of Hogan vs. Andre from Wrestlemania 3. Pheonix gets the win.

The Usos vs. Air Boom for the Tag Titles
    The Usos are a legitimate team and deserve a run with the titles.

Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Christian vs. Wade Barrett vs. Alex RIley vs. Jack Swagger vs. Drew Mcintyre in an eight man ladder match for the unification of the US/Intercontinental Championship
    Everyone in the current mid card are pretty much mixed together so they might as well unify both mid card titles. This could take the place of what Money in the Bank used to be to Wrestlemania. Zack Ryder wins.

Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins
    Bring Rollins up from FCW and begin a feud with Bryan since they were both on the indy scene for so long. I feel like Rollins could play heel, and the match would be amazing. Rollins gets the win in the first of their series of matches to come.

R-Truth vs. The Miz
    The Awesome Truth could split up and I would like to see what Miz could do as a face. Miz wins here.

Triple H vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match
    Vince returns and trys to regain control of WWE. Long feud that ends in a rough match at Mania with Trips getting the win.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship
    It would be interesting seeing these two go at it, with both being faces. It could be a clash of the titans type feud with Sheamus walking out World Champion.

Alberto Del Rio vs. The Undertaker
    Del Rio won the Royal Rumble, retired Edge, won Money in the Bank, won the WWE Championship twice, and now wants to end Taker's streak. Undertaker wins of course and retires 20-0 at Wrestlemania.

Cm Punk vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship
    Jericho returns and wins the Royal Rumble, challenging Cm Punk who is WWE Champion. Jericho beats Punk to become Champ.

John Cena vs. The Rock
    Ok, we all know the deal for this feud. Rock wins clean.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bully D View Post
    Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins
    Bring Rollins up from FCW and begin a feud with Bryan since they were both on the indy scene for so long. I feel like Rollins could play heel, and the match would be amazing. Rollins gets the win in the first of their series of matches to come.
    And please, if this happens at Mania or anywhere else, do not give these fine men any limitations (other than the time of course) and let them do ANYTHING they want. Because people who are awesome in indies, tend to be boring with the limitations of WWE.

Thread Information