Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Broke Girls

Evil Admin.

Status

2 Broke Girls

Anyone else checked out the series premiere last night? The previews looked decent at best, but I enjoy watching Kat Denning's chesticles films, so I gave the series a chance. It ended up being watchable, but pretty cheesy at times. It's one of those shows that you can instantly believe that there won't be a second season. Then again, The Big Bang Theory gave me that same impression after it's crinch worthy pilot. Anyways, Two Broke Girls is about a pair of New York waitresses trying to make enough money to open up a cupcake bakery. Max (Kat Dennings) is sarcastic, hard working and doesn't have much patience when it comes to rude customers. Basically, Max is the same as any other character Dennings has ever played. Meanwhile, there's Caroline, a Paris Hilton-like girl who's life has crumbled around her due to her family assets being frozen. Luckily, she has a business degree and has a few good ideas to help Max out.

Some of the supporting characters include Robbie, Max's now ex boyfriend, who relies on his looks and has been cheating on Max. Oleg is the cook at the restaurant and spends his day hitting on Max with his terrible accent. Think a tone down version of Borat. The Middle fans, the Heck's foreign exchange student, Takayuki, is back on television playing Max and Caroline's boss, Han Lee. However, to appear more American, he's changed his name to Bryce...Bryce Lee. Lastly, there's Earl, the black old timer. He works at the restaurant according to Max "Will make you feel even whiter" due to the way he speaks.

Who knows, you may be wasting your time becoming a regular viewer if it gets cancelled, but the show has some potential. You can watch it every Monday at 8:30 PM EST on CBS.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Re: Two Broke Girls

I DVR'd it cause I too enjoy watching Kat Denning's... films.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Curtain Jerker

Status

Just watched it off DVR, spent the night rewatching the CC Roast of Charlie Sheen. Amy Schumer = WINNING; Anthony Jeselnik=LOSING......But onto 2 Broke Girls.

This show will pick up a second season, there is just enough low brow humor to keep the boys that aren't busy ogling Kat Demming's breasts interested which helps CBS get that coveted 18-34 demo. But there are hints that the writing is going in the right direction, so as the leads get more comfortable in the roles I can see this show taking over for 2.5 when it gets the axe sometime next season. That plus can Kat Demming on TV be that bad of a thing.......I vote with a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killing It.

Status

I definitely seeing this sticking around for some reason. I decided not to change the channel after HIMYM last night want to see how Ashton Kutcher was on Two and a Half Men, and I just decided I wouldn't turn off CBS all night sense I was waiting for Hawaii Five-0. Basically that's how I ended up watching this, and I must say I thought it was pretty good. I have hope for it sense they have a horse, I want it to be like Three's Company but with a horse. If that's how they advertised it it would be huge!

Evil Admin.

Status

Based on the previews for next week, it looks like the horse may be sticking around. It's without question, one of the most random, but awesome things any show can do.

Resident MMA Junkie

Status

I was pleased with this and am looking forward to watching it unfold. The horse will be hilarious if it really does stay on.

Evil Admin.

Status

After last week's great rating thanks to the hype around Two and a Half Men, I'm curious to see how the show does this week. It was another decent episode, but is that enough without the hype machine?

Drunk Caroline's letter was pretty funny.

Stud Muffin

Status
    I have watched both episodes. My initial thoughts in bullet points.

-Kat needs to work on being less snarky. She doesn't have good lines or a great delivery on them when she does. She can be tough without being a bitch.

-I think they may have made caroline too lovable right out of the gate. A bit too humble for the state of where she came from.

-loose the horse. That's just stupid.

-the cook the owner and the black guy at the counter have lame and super stereotypical jokes. Not enough depth in the sub characters.

Overall I'll watch it when I can and if I miss it I won't feel like I need to see it but it has potential. They just need more substance.

Nick Miller! Don't you moonwalk away from me!

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Re: 2 Broke Girls

Horse = Ratings

Resident MMA Junkie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I have watched both episodes. My initial thoughts in bullet points.

-Kat needs to work on being less snarky. She doesn't have good lines or a great delivery on them when she does. She can be tough without being a bitch.

-I think they may have made caroline too lovable right out of the gate. A bit too humble for the state of where she came from.

-loose the horse. That's just stupid.

-the cook the owner and the black guy at the counter have lame and super stereotypical jokes. Not enough depth in the sub characters.

Overall I'll watch it when I can and if I miss it I won't feel like I need to see it but it has potential. They just need more substance.
    I think they did all these things on purpose as this is the kind of show it is. This is not supposed to be an epically acted, intelligent, deep show. Its perfect in what it is and the ridiculousness that the horse brings is absolutely perfect. This isn't Dexter, its a sitcom lol. Its actually a modern day "Odd Couple", one of the biggest shows in history I do believe.

One thing that has not been mentioned that I think will keep me hooked on the show is the running total at the end of every episode.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status

I watched it for the first time last night and thought it was pretty much. Will definitely keep watching!

"I wouldn't titty bang any of you in a snow storm"

Evil Admin.

Status

Last night was a pretty decent episode. Caroline is becoming a pretty funny character. Somehow, they made having a horse as a pet work.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

These aren't extensions bitch!

Resident MMA Junkie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Last night was a pretty decent episode. Caroline is becoming a pretty funny character. Somehow, they made having a horse as a pet work.
    Agreed on all counts Jim. Caroline was great in this episode and for some reason that running total has me sweating the show again. hahaha

Evil Admin.

Status

Anyone else still watching this show? Come this Monday, we'll be fifteen episodes into the first season. Overall, it's been a great new addition to CBS, but the show could use some longer storylines. Ever since the last Johnny episode (Ep 9?), each episode pretty much just fits in itself so it doesn't matter what order you watch the episodes in. That's fine once you get to being in syndication, but you're going to have a hard time bringing in the audience now. Look at Community. There's a great show, but it was pulled from the air and I feel a big reason why was because of the lack of long term stories.

Still, 2 Broke Girls is awesome. A lot of not so subtle innuendos, Kat Dennings' being a smart ass and some crazy adventures that the main two ladies get involved in each week.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

I'm still watching, love the show. I find it hard to believe Whitney Cummings had anything to do with creating this show seeing how she's not funny.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status

Still watching each and every week! Can't wait for the new episode on Monday!

"I wouldn't titty bang any of you in a snow storm"

Evil Admin.

Status

The addition of Jennifer Coolidge has given me hope that the writers of 2 Broke Girls realize they need some long term stories. I'm really digging her interactions with Max.

Stud Muffin

Status
    So Jim it's not as terrible as it was for the first three episodes anymore? Because that was just plain awful television.

Nick Miller! Don't you moonwalk away from me!

Evil Admin.

Status

I'm not sure if I can really answer that since I dug the first three episodes. If you didn't enjoy those early episodes, you probably won't enjoy any of the episode. For the most part, nothing has changed. Max is still a big boobed wiseass who loves her sexual jokes, Caroline is the smart former rich girl who struggles with being poor, Oleg gets his 15 seconds of air time by providing some rather inappropriate sexual jokes and Han is still made fun of.

I believe your original problem with the show was how one dimensional the minor characters were? Perhaps you won't mind it now since characters like Earl and Oleg are just there for their one scene and then they're gone for the rest of the episode.

Thread Information