Thread: TNA 2007: The Process Of Evolution

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

TNA 2007: The Process Of Evolution

Final Resolution

*almost all results were changed from real life*
    AJ Styles def. Rhino in a Last Man Standing Match
    Christopher Daniels def. Chris Sabin and Jerry Lynn in a 3 Way Dance to retain the X Division Championship
    Austin Aries def. Alex Shelley to win the Paparazzi Championship Challenge
    Chris Harris def. James Storm (w/ Gail Kim)
    LAX def. Team 3D to retain the World Tag Team Championships, and split up Team 3D in TNA.
    Kurt Angle def. Samoa Joe 3-2 in an Iron Man match
    Sting def. Abyss and Christian Cage in a Three Way Elimination match to retain the NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    - Abyss was pinned, after Sting caught him about to attack him and hit him with the Scorpion Death Drop.

The year is 2007, TNA has been gradually growing sense their debut on SpikeTV, throughout their Spike run they've brought in big names such as Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, and Sting. Now with all things set in place, the star power being on board and well secured by this point, and young athletes improving all the time, it's finally time to really begin the move forward! Now slowly moving away from the mold of the NWA, and promising to soon end the association with them and really become their own company, a second hour to help them showcase their great talent, and a possible woman's division, big changes are in the works! TNA is evolving. 2007 promises to be the biggest year the organization has ever seen.

• To celebrate the great success TNA has had sense debuting on their network in 2005, SpikeTV wanted to show TNA that they supported them and believed they could grow by giving them a second hour to kick off 2007!

• Abyss never had a reign as World champion, it was decided that if Sting was going to regain the championship only a few months later that the reign could be done without. Instead Sting's reign was just kept in tact to make it more meaningful.

• LAX continued to disband teams after breaking up America's Most Wanted. This time it was an even more legendary team in Team 3D. Bubba and Devon planned on not carrying on in singles competition and so they decided that if they lost they would not only disband, but leave the wrestling business! At Final Resolution Team 3D was defeated by LAX., but while giving a farewell speech Devon revealed that he wanted to give singles competition a real try. Bubba was upset and left the arena, and TNA.

• Austin Aries never debuted as "Austin Starr". The gimmick never saw the light of day. He returned to TNA with a shoot style promo rather about how they wanted him to demean himself with a stupid wacky gimmick. He told the world that he didn't need a gimmick as he was an original, The Original, one and only Austin Aries, and he would let his in ring work speak for him. Instead of being a part of Poparazzi Productions management thought with his new/old gimmick he would be better suited to feud with Shelley, Devine, and Nash.

• Serotine never came to be. It was decided that Devine was better left in Poparazzi Productions sense he had been drifting stables for so long and fans may give up on him soon, and everyone felt it would be best for Kazarian to stay in singles competition as he seemed to be rising. Matt Bentley still has no direction though. Things are being thought of for him constantly, but nothing seems to fit. Raven is still waiting for another time to return to TNA as soon as possible.

• Instead of going on the shelf due to an "glass in his eye" AMW only disbanded with Storm hitting Harris in the head with a beer bottle, the eye injury, and the eye patch idea was scrapped when everyone realized it was a stupid idea. Harris stayed active on the roster jumping straight into his feud with Storm, though Gail Kim went with Storm sense he had apparently "proven himself as the dominant member". Only a short time later though, after suffering a loss at Final Resolution to Harris, Storm got upset and tried to attack Kim, only for Harris to make the save. Not accepting Kim's thanks because of her words.

*All past shows in the spoiler tag*

PPV'S

*Credit to HH3 for the Impact banner, and The Natural for inspiring the layout and then creating sweet layout graphics!*

NEXT PPV: LOCKDOWN (LEAD UP: Episode #4 - 8)

TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Sting (C) V Christian Cage

5 v 5 Lethal Lockdown

Team Angle (Angle / Joe / Petey / Devon / ?) V Team Styles (Styles / Tomko / Roode / Young / ?)

TNA Tag Team Championships

LAX (C) V Motor City Machine Guns

Sean Waltman V Raven

'Wildcat' Chris Harris
    V 'Cowboy' James Storm

X Division Championship
    Christopher Daniels
    (C) V Jerry Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kakarot; 02-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

Re: TNA 2007: The Process Of Evolution

CHAMPIONS
    NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Champion - Sting
    NWA-TNA Tag Team Champions - LAX
    X-Division Champion - Christopher Daniels
    Television Champion - Devon

'The Monster' Abyss(Inactive)
    AJ Styles
    Alex Shelley
    Andy Douglas
    Austin Aries
    B.G. James
    Chase Stevens
    'Wildcat' Chris Harris
    Chris Sabin
    Christian Cage
    'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels
    Devon
    Eric Young
    Elix Skipper
    Hernandez
    Homicide
    'Cowboy' James Storm
    Jay Lethal
    Jerry Lynn
    Johnny Devine
    Kazarian
    Kip James
    Konnan
    (manager)
    Kurt Angle
    Lance Hoyt
    Low Ki
    Matt Bentley
    Matt Sydal
    Petey Williams
    Raven
    Rhino
    Robert Roode
    Samoa Joe
    Sean Waltman
    Shark Boy
    'Guru' Sonjay Dutt
    'The Icon' Sting
    Tomko

*All roster members clickable to see full profile

VooDoo Kin Mafia (B.G. James & Kip James)
    LAX (Homicide / Hernandez / Konnan)
    The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas)
    Paparazzi Productions (Kevin Nash / Johnny Devine / Sharkboy)
    Triple X (Christopher Daniels / Elix Skipper / Low Ki)
    Christian's Coalition (Christian Cage / AJ Styles / Tomko)
    Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)

Austin Aries
    Alex Shelley
    Chris Sabin
    Christopher Daniels
    Eric Young
    Elix Skipper
    Homicide
    Jay Lethal
    Jerry Lynn
    Johnny Devine
    Kazarian
    Low Ki
    Petey Williams
    Shark Boy
    Sonjay Dutt

Director Of Authority: Jim Cornette
    Commentary: Mike Tenay and Don West
    Backstage Correspondent: Christy Hemme
    Ring Announcer: Jeremy Borash
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kakarot; 02-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
    Vcash

Looks pretty good Kakarot! I will be reading.

#ShadeArmy

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Looks nice. Not digging the graphics though.
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

Well that might be because each took about 5 seconds. They're really just to get the point across, I figure they work better then no graphics at all.

Status
    Vcash

I will definitely be following. This was a pretty awesome time for TNA, and if they had played things consistently right from this point, we could be looking at a different wrestling landscape today. Best of luck

Go read my TNA BTB.

OMB BAYBAY!

Status
    Vcash

I was going to reply to this regardless .

Seriously, this looks really solid. I'm liking how Abyss was never made champion and thus never looked weak in the process..it's about this time that he became a bit of a joke. You have a really solid, up and coming roster to work with and some nice names to plunk out of the indie scene if you decide to go that route. Good luck.

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

Lol, I was just making sure you weren't no selling me >.>
    Seriously though, thanks for the comment Diablo, and of course thank you everyone else as well, whom I thanked when I rep'd.
    I will definitely be plucking some guys from the indies, maybe even some that WWE had not gotten to at this point, just see how things would've worked if TNA got to them first, you know? You'll see roster changes before the first PPV even!
    The Abyss world title reign was just so terrible that I had to take it out of history. In fact I rewatched Final Resolution 07 when preparing for this and I had no clue Abyss was even champ when Christian won the belt! That's how useless his title reign was! Haha

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Good luck with this Carrot, I'm sure you've got some great plans and roster changes in mind (taking the belt of Abyss is a good start lol).

I shall be back to review.

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

The time period you have chosen, and seeing the roster, I am expecting quite pushes for young stars unlike what TNA does, so am looking forward to see how you book this. Would love to see the current Crimson push being given to someone. There are few names in the roster who can have that.

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

February 15, 2007

We open Impact as Don West and Mike Tennay welcome us in, only to be interrupted quickly by Christian's theme music! Christian walks down to the ring not looking happy at all, as Tomko is by his side. Christian snatches a microphone quickly before entering the ring.

Christian Cage
    Last Sunday, in the main event of Final Resolution, I got SCREWED!

Mike Tennay
    Screwed? What the hell is he talking about?

Christian Cage
    That's right... because you see, I had Sting right where I wanted him, then Abyss comes in and gets himself pinned! But that's the beauty of all this... Abyss got pinned, not me! Which means I'm still in line for a world title shot, in fact it should mean that I'm the number one contender! Consider how Sting proved Sunday night that he couldn't beat me!

The crowd in the Impact Zone shows their disapproval of what Christian's saying with a flurry of boo's! Tomko grabs the mic. from Christian's hand briefly during the boo's

Tomko
    Hey, shut up! SHUT UP! Listen to this man speak!
    Christian takes back the microphone and thanks Tomko quietly even though he didn't calm the crowd, but rather made it louder.

Christian Cage
    So Jimmy, I want you to come out here with a contract or something for me to sign a contract or something, because I'm not letting this injustice slide by!

Instead of Jim Cornett, Kurt Angle is the man that comes down to the ring!

Kurt Angle
    Christian, in case you're too stupid to realize, you still lost last night! I on the other hand, well, I won! I beat Samoa Joe in that Iron Man match, and now it's time for me to move on and take that world title!

Christian Cage
    Well Kurt, in case you didn't realize, I'm the guy that put TNA on the map! Without me, you wouldn't even be in this place! So how about you show some damn respect and get behind ME in line!

Angle laughs it off a bit as he and Cage meet nose to nose in the center of the ring as the Director Of Authority Jim Cornette comes to the ring

Jim Cornette
    Gentlemen, hey gentlemen, listen up! Now Christian, you lost last night, but I can see your point... and Kurt Angle, you did beat Samoa Joe on Sunday, so I agree that you should get a title shot as well! But instead of having yet another triple threat match, I want you two to settle this on your own! That's right, tonight right here on Impact you two are going to go one on one, and the winner will get a shot at the NWA-TNA World Heavyweight Championship Live at Against All Odds!

The crowd erupts in applause at the decision Cornette has made, setting up a great main event! They then begin to chant "Angle, Angle, Angle"
    _____

Opening Contest
    Christopher Daniels vs Rhino

Spoiler:

The match had both men hitting each with everything they had, they were fueled purely by built up anger from losing their big matches at Final Resolution. Daniels seems to have an advantage over Rhino at one point as he made the mistake of toying with him. Rhino didn't like this as he got a sudden burst of energy and attacked Daniels! He set up for a big Gore as the crowd chanted for the finisher! Rhino was ready to hit it as Daniels turned to him but fell flat on his face! His leg had been grabbed by Elix Skipper!

Winner via DQ, Rhino!

Daniels and Skipper looked at each other before they began beating down Rhino! Rhino pushed them back as the crowd cheered him on for a comeback! Just then Rhino is kicked in the back of the head and taken down though! This time it was from a quick springboarding into the ring Low Ki! The original Triple X stand above Rhino as they all make the X sign towards each other and high five! All three men go up to the top rope for their triple finisher, but in runs The Truth! All men jump down and scatter out of the ring as Truth tends to Rhino.
    _____
    In Director Of Authority Jim Cornette's Office
    Cornette is all over the place, picking up phones left and right as Eric Young walks in

Jim Cornette (on the phone)
    Dammit, I'm the Director Of Authority here in TNA, and I can change up the contenders to that belt whenever I see fit!

Cornette pauses, listening on the other end. He tries to speak but seems to be cut off on multiple occasions. He lets out a loud sigh as he hangs up the phone.

Jim Cornette
    Who the hell do those NWA people think they are... now Eric, what do you want?

Eric Young
    Jim, I just want to know if you have any plans for my future. You know, something that means I keep my job.

Cornette sighs at EY trying to secure his job for the 100th time

Jim Cornette
    Honestly Eric, I don't know about your future. Team Canada was the best thing for you, now nothing seems right for you here in TNA. I think the best thing for you is to join Roode Inc.

Eric Young
    No! Jimmy, I don't want to join Roode! I can't be me then!

Jim Cornette
    Well Eric, I don't know what else to tell you. Now if you would please get out, I have lot's of business to tend to.

Eric Young hangs his head as he exits the office just before we head to ringside. Robert Roode is already on his way to the ring after seeing Young and Cornette on the monitor. Shane Douglas and Ms. Traci accompany him, open the ropes, and fetch him a microphone

Robert Roode
    Eric Young, I just saw you once again worry about your future with this company, or lack there of. Believe me Eric, it will be lack there of soon enough! You've done nothing but screw up for a very long time now, and soon enough you're just going to be thrown out for all of those screw ups!

The crowds boo's Roode and chants "Don't Fire Eric" but all Roode hears are the applause of his associates by his side.

Robert Roode
    Eric, I have a contract ready for you, sign it and you get to stick around this company. Don't and you'll never be heard from again after you get dropped in a few weeks.

Just then Roode is interrupted by the sound of the Canadian national anthem, but played on electric guitars! It's Petey Williams, and he's quickly making his way to the ring! Petey slides in standing face to face with Roode who doesn't budge. He snatches the microphone from Roode

Petey Williams
    You know Roode, I think it's about time somebody shut you up!

The crowd instantly explodes in cheers for Petey!

Petey Williams
    You've been picking on Showtime for far too long, and I'm sick of it! You know Showtime isn't going to stand up to you, so I will!

Robert Roode
    I could take you right now! BUT... I'd rather not mess up my nice suit, so we'll have to meet in this ring later tonight when I'm in my gear.

Petey Williams
    As long as I'm getting a shot at you, I'm fine with it!

Petey extends his hand to seal the deal but Roode just looks towards his associates before laughing in Petey's face and leaving the ring
    _____

Match Number Two
    Austin Aries & Kazarian vs Poparazzi Productions (Alex Shelley & Johnny Devine) w/ Kevin Nash

Spoiler:

Kevin Nash takes this opportunity to hop on commentary with Mike Tenay and Don West, he provides plenty of entertainment throughout the match. Just as entertaining as Nash however is the excellent X Division action in the ring (which Nash constantly claims to have innovated). Aries and Kazarian click very well as a team, meanwhile Devine and Shelley who are an actual team seem to have a few problems. The match showcases how the X Division isn't all about high flying action and has some great mat based action.

Devine has Aries held from behind as Shelley climbs to the top rope ready to dive at him in some manner, before Shelley is ready though Kazarian runs in and takes out Devine! Shelley dives towards Aries in an almost flip like way anyways, but Aries catches him quickly in a Brainbuster! 1-2-3!

Winners via pinfall, Austin Aries and Kazarian!

The celebration is short lived as Aries calls for a mic.

Austin Aries
    Nash! I'm sick of beating on your rookies! You think you're so good? Me and you, one on one, next week!

Aries exits the ring quickly without waiting for a response from Nash who just stares at him from the commentary booth.
    _____

In The TNA Locker room
    Chris Harris is putting on his jacket preparing to leave after finding out there's no reason for him to even be there in the first place, I mean who told this guy he was booked? Before he can though Gail Kim rushes to confront him

Chris Harris
    What do you want Gail?

Gail Kim
    Chris, I've got a match scheduled with Storm's "new friend" that he apparently got to replace me.

Chris Harris
    And what do you want me to do about it exactly?

Harris is obviously still bitter over Kim choosing to work with Storm after the AMW break up

Gail Kim
    Storm's going to be down there, I want you in my corner!

Chris Harris
    Hah... no, I don't think so. Good luck.

Harris leaves shaking his head as Kim looks slightly upset and worried
    _____

Match Three
    Petey Williams vs Robert Roode w/ Roode Inc.

Spoiler:

The two knew each others every strength and weakness, they were partners for many years after all. Being away from each other for awhile now though, both seemed to have improved, and had new tricks up their sleeves! Petey had to deal with distractions from Ms. Traci and Shane Douglas on the outside, while he had nobody, not even Eric Young in his corner, which seemed odd to many. Even with the distractions of Roode Inc. though, Petey managed to stay totally focused on the task at hand!
    It seemed like one small mistake was going to cause Roode the match as he went to run at Petey in the corner but instead met a boot! As he took a moment to shake it off Petey took total control and put him Roode in position for the Canadian Destroyer! Petey jumped, but Roode didn't come with him, instead he back body dropped him! As Petey got back to his feet, but before he could turn around, he was hit with the Northern Lariat! 1-2-3!

Winner Via Pinfall, Robert Roode!

_____

As Roode and his "team" leave ringside James Storm music hits and he comes out of the entrance. Storm and Roode slow down and seem to size each other up for a moment before shaking their heads and continuing on. Storm is accompanied to the ring by a woman

Don West
    Wait a second... I know I've seen Storms Gail Kim "replacement" before...

Mike Tenay
    You're damn right you have, that woman was once known as Molly Holly elsewhere!

Storm smiles as he sees the crowd beginning to recognize Molly Holly.

James Storm

Yup, you may have seen my new friend here before, but that doesn't matter! You can forget everything you know about her, now she's here for one reason! She's going kill Gail Kim! She's going make Gail pay for causing me my matches! No, no.. she's going to do more then that though, she's also going to make sure that I win my matches from now on! Something Gail Kim couldn't do. So all y'all welcome, Nora!

It seems Molly Holly has been renamed "Nora" based on her real first name. Storm hands her the microphone

Nora

Gail Kim, get your little ass out here right now! It's time to meet your maker!

Gail Kim wastes no time running down to the ring! She slides in and attacks Nora as the bell rings!
    _____

Match Four

Gail Kim vs Nora w/ James Storm

Spoiler:

The match is a very quick one, Gail is on the offense from the start. She bounces off the ropes as Storm grabs her foot tripping her! Gail gets back to her feet and begins to argue with Storm as he climbs onto the apron. Kim slaps Storm across the face as the crowd in the Impact zone goes wild! As she turns around though she's met with a sickening clothesline! She then puts Kim in an Indian deathlock as Kim quickly taps out!

Winner Via Submission, Nora!

After the match Storm signals for Nora to hold Gail up. Storm taunted Gail before grabbing her hair and slamming her down to the mat! Storm looked on towards the stage hoping for Harris to come down as Nora put Gail back in the Indian deathlock, but only referees ran down to stop it, and Storm let them.
    _____

Before the main event match Jim Cornette came down to ringside, he was handed a microphone as he entered the ring

Jim Cornette

As you all know, I'm here to help TNA evolve as a company! So sense Spike TV has given us an extra hour, I feel like I should give TNA something as well! That's why tonight I'm announcing that TNA will soon have a new championship belt! That's right!

The reaction to this is very positive as you can tell from the crowd!

Jim Cornette
    So next week a series of triple threat matches leading to the finals at Against All Odds, yes, that soon, where we will crown TNA's first ever Television champion! Now, that's all I can say for now. Make sure to check out TNAwrestling.com for updates and the list of competitors!

Cornette makes his way to the commentary booth to help call the main event as we get the match underway
    _____

Main Event
    The Winner Will Be The Number One Contender For The Worlds Championship
    Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage w/ Tomko

Spoiler:

The match is very competitive, neither seems to have a real clear cut advantage, going back and fourth for the majority of it. Christian tried many underhanded maneuvers but Angle was too wise for them! One dirty trick is unavoidable for Angle though... Christian sneaks in a quick poke to the eyes temporarily blinding Angle, as he wanders around the ring not knowing where he's going Christian shoves him into the ref knocking the ref out! As soon as the ref goes down Tomko jumps into the ring! Tomko hits Angle with a huge Big Boot!

Christian picks up Angle's lifeless body ready to polish him off with a Unprettier, but before he can Samoa Joe begins to make his way to the ring! Christian isn't sure what to think at first but as Joe reaches the ring he gives Christian a quick smirk. Christian now figures Joe is still pissed off about losing to Angle on Sunday, so he tells Tomko to hold up Angle for Joe. Joe looks like he's going to hit Angle but to the surprise of everyone he takes Tomko out with a jumping inzaguri! Christian looks worried now as he goes to hit Joe quick, but Joe ducks and puts him in a Rare Naked Choke!! Joe lets go as he exits the ring, not before waking up the ref.
    Angle and Christian recover around the same time, both begin making their way to their feet, but Angle quickly grabs Christian and hits him with a Angle Slam!!! 1-2-3!

Winner Via Pinfall, Kurt Angle!

Post match Kurt Angle begins to celebrate as an angry Joe stares on outside the ring, it isn't long before the lights go out in the Impact Zone though! His music plays and as the lights returns Sting is standing in the center of the ring holding his belt up in front of Angle's face! The two stare at each other in the middle of the ring, but in between them you can still see a pissed off Joe on the outside.

Note: I'm honestly just experimenting with the layout right now, I'd like to know some thoughts on that, the spoiler tags and uncentered matches (which was inspired because spoiler tags won't stay centered,,,,).

Underdog

Status
    Vcash

First off, I'm not really big on TNA since I've never really followed the product. However, I'm convinced that you can somehow persuade me to follow TNA, and this diary is off to a good start. Sorry if I sound kinda off since I haven't really done my research but I'll do my best.

I'm not really big on the spoiler tags since you can still see the celebrations and aftermath, why even read the match? However, it makes the layout look neater though.

Solid opener, I'm a fan of Christian and having Tomko with him is a good move. I was a fan of them back then in the WWE and it seems like it continued to TNA. Typical heel work from Christian, well done. Angle also makes his claim and it sets up pretty well for the main event tonight.

I like the match layout though, very neat and I also like the way it's written. Sufficient enough detail for a TV show, and I actually get the story of the match. Promos throughout the night were also well done, straight to the point and it had meaning.

Kinda pumped for the new title to develop talent, Against All Odds is shaping up well on the first week, which is always nice.

Main Event was also well done with the twist in the end, having Joe help Kurt win the match. I have a feeling that Joe will have an involvement in their match at the PPV, either being added to the match or being an enforcer or something. Another good note was having your Champ appear, after being anonymous the whole night. Looking forward to the match

Overall, I haven't really commented on the other things because I'm still getting used to the style of TNA and its wrestlers. I'll probably get myself familiarized as you continue to post shows but this is a solid debut show.
    Follow: WWE 2011 by Solo at the BTB Forum

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Vcash

DUDE! I love this! I want to comment on the layout first and foremost and say that the layout looks solid and is both professional looking and casual, to give it that extra boost for the reader to take notice. I actually like how you have the bunt of the matches in a spoiler tag, so if the reader is in the mood to read the whole match, they can...whereas if they just want to follow the btb without reading each and every single wrist lock...then they can too. I say keep the layout just the way it is.

As for the actual show, I thought the Christian Cage promo was spot on. The conflict between Cage and Angle was really believable, and I think the fact that you had Cornette come out, really built up his character as well. I think the main event allowed for both wrestlers to be built up as well, leaving Joe in the mix to just shake things up. I think that is what TNA is really missing currently is the ability to push actual matches and feuds...where everything has to do with the belt (which is how it should be).

All of the promos were very well done though, and I am definitely looking forward to what happens with the entire Roode/Storm debacle. I think it adds a lot of suspense to what is actually going to happen with them...with both men sizing each other up and walking away. I'm definitely looking forward to it though.

Awesome btb man. You definitely have another reader in me once again

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    First off, I'm not really big on TNA since I've never really followed the product. However, I'm convinced that you can somehow persuade me to follow TNA, and this diary is off to a good start. Sorry if I sound kinda off since I haven't really done my research but I'll do my best.

I'm not really big on the spoiler tags since you can still see the celebrations and aftermath, why even read the match? However, it makes the layout look neater though.

Solid opener, I'm a fan of Christian and having Tomko with him is a good move. I was a fan of them back then in the WWE and it seems like it continued to TNA. Typical heel work from Christian, well done. Angle also makes his claim and it sets up pretty well for the main event tonight.

I like the match layout though, very neat and I also like the way it's written. Sufficient enough detail for a TV show, and I actually get the story of the match. Promos throughout the night were also well done, straight to the point and it had meaning.

Kinda pumped for the new title to develop talent, Against All Odds is shaping up well on the first week, which is always nice.

Main Event was also well done with the twist in the end, having Joe help Kurt win the match. I have a feeling that Joe will have an involvement in their match at the PPV, either being added to the match or being an enforcer or something. Another good note was having your Champ appear, after being anonymous the whole night. Looking forward to the match

Overall, I haven't really commented on the other things because I'm still getting used to the style of TNA and its wrestlers. I'll probably get myself familiarized as you continue to post shows but this is a solid debut show.

Most excellent to hear that I may pursued you to check TNA out, but honestly, you shouldn't start watching on account of this BTB because things are much different now... I would suggest checking out some stuff from 07 though, that was a good year, hence why I picked it! Lol

Good point on the spoiler tags, it's like if you read "Rhino vs Daniels" and then before clicking the tag you see "Skipper and Ki continued to murder Rhino " - I doubt I'll continue to use them next week, I was just looking for something "different" for the layout I guess. As Christians "Problem Solver" was probably the only time Tomko really mattered! Lol, yup, they just have good chemistry together.
    That's exactly what the new title is going to be for, to help develop new talent. It's like this, a lower title for those who aren't ready for the main event/world title, and it keeps the X Division as it's own division so we don't have a bunch of non-X guys running around in there.

You'll have to wait and see where Joe goes from here, but don't think Christian is just going to lay down while Joe is added to the main event for Against All Odds, there's still a whole lot left to what went down in the main event, stay tuned. Thanks for all the compliments too, compadre!
    ______

Spoiler:

DUDE! I love this! I want to comment on the layout first and foremost and say that the layout looks solid and is both professional looking and casual, to give it that extra boost for the reader to take notice. I actually like how you have the bunt of the matches in a spoiler tag, so if the reader is in the mood to read the whole match, they can...whereas if they just want to follow the btb without reading each and every single wrist lock...then they can too. I say keep the layout just the way it is.

As for the actual show, I thought the Christian Cage promo was spot on. The conflict between Cage and Angle was really believable, and I think the fact that you had Cornette come out, really built up his character as well. I think the main event allowed for both wrestlers to be built up as well, leaving Joe in the mix to just shake things up. I think that is what TNA is really missing currently is the ability to push actual matches and feuds...where everything has to do with the belt (which is how it should be).

All of the promos were very well done though, and I am definitely looking forward to what happens with the entire Roode/Storm debacle. I think it adds a lot of suspense to what is actually going to happen with them...with both men sizing each other up and walking away. I'm definitely looking forward to it though.

Awesome btb man. You definitely have another reader in me once again

Hmm, now someone likes the spoiler tags? Who knows if I'll keep them or not. Lol, but I do like how you put it, and I appreciate what you said about the layout. Cornette is really going to play an important role in this BTB, obviously he's the authority figure, but he's supposed to be helping TNA "Evolve, and yes, Joe is shaking things up, and build something else for the PPV as well, maybe? Jus have to stay tuned for the next show where more of this will be plotted.

Honestly, don't expect anything from the Roode/Storm little confrontation for quite some time, that mainly just put in there as a quick little joke because of their history in the future, did that make sense? Lol, glad to have you back, and reading, dude!

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Just read the show, pretty good start.

If I may throw my hat into the spoiler tags debate, I think it's a nice idea, but in truth I'd just get rid. Whilst it keeps things nice and tidy and keeps that little bit of a suprise in the air, I think it will eventually become a nuisance to keep clicking tags to read matches. I do however like the promos being centred, helps break that up from the rest of the show.

My highlight of Impact...........Molly Holly returning, I always thought she faded away from the wrestling scene too quickly, I have high hopes for her in your BTB

Oh and Eric Young was bringing the lols as usual, loved the 'don't fire eric' angle

Great start Carrot

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

I can see how that would get annoying, I believe I'll take your advice and get rid of the tags. You're right about Molly Holly, after she left the E she just seemed to be forgotten about, when I was looking to maybe set the groundwork for KO division she was the first woman I had to go to. Big things may come for EY, I mean dude, do you remember how over he was back then or even now? How could good things not come for him!?

Killing It.

Status
    Vcash

TNAWrestling.com

On the last Impact Director Of Authority Jim Cornette announced a new
    Television championship would be coming to TNA as soon as Against All Odds! Leading up to the one on one PPV match to crown the first champion there will be a series of triple threats, followed by two singles semi finals matches on Impact. The tournament will be starring:

AJ Styles

Tomko

Chris Sabin

Kip James

Alex Shelley

Devon

James Storm

Abyss

Kazarian

Rhino

B.G. James

And the final contestant announced for the tournament is a new comer to TNA. He has had great success on the independent scene, and is probably best known for working on MTV's short lived wrestling program "Wrestling Society X" where he was managed by Lizzy Valentine, who shall continue to manage him here in TNA:

Matt Sydal

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

There's a couple of guys I'd like to see win the TV title, AJ, Kaz, Rhino, Abyss, Storm, Tomko - for me it's all about giving people something to do, guys like Shelley and Sabin can go back to the X-Division or start to kick ass in the tag division, however a Tomko or Rhino just wouldn't fit in the X-Division (yeah I know no limits, but lets be realistic) so the TV title could be their big chance.

Matt Sydal, great addition. Imagine how well that guy could fit into the X-Division, its about this time where that started to lose it's appeal, bringing in fresh guys like Sydal would do wonders.

Oh and I forgot to mention how much I loved you bringing back Triple X, great little stable.

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

I predict Rhino to win the Television title, Matt sydal will come close but not win, maybe runner up.

The opening promo of your show with Christian was good, I havent watched TNA much but know that Christian was really a big deal there and his arrogance comes out in the promo. Lol, that Jimmy thing reminded me of R-Truth i dont know if Cornette is always referenced like that.

The main event was very good match, I was fully convinced Christian will win given that his problem solver will interfere. But Joe interfering on Angle's behalf was a shock. Angle vs Sting will be a great match for the title. And is Eric Angle supposed to be the Santino of TNA lol, I saw him doing funny things in one more BTB.

Status
    Vcash

Really fun show. A great blend of wrestling with storyline continuation. I actually dig the layout with the spoiler tags, but I do not mind if it is taken away. One thing I am not sure about is the centered promos. I liked when they were aligned left, but maybe that's just me. Sting/Angle should be great, and bringing in Matt Sydal is an awesome decision.

Go read my TNA BTB.

Thread Information