Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The WC Record Collection

#pipebombshell

Status

The WC Record Collection

What are you listening to most recently? Much like a cross between our new “Juke Box” and the old “Last Album Bought/Downloaded” threads, but there’s a little more to it that. This isn’t just the stuff you’ve only just got hold of, this is what has got itself stuck in your CD player and is being repeated over and over, for whatever reason.

Give us the album title, the artist name and (if you want) the record label and release date for the record. Let us know why you’re listening to the album, how long you’ve had it. Review it and rate it if you wish, but let us know the best tracks in your opinion and let us know of other stuff we might want to check out in a similar vein.

Discussion is encouraged, and don't worry about being as detailed as me in your reviews. Just make sure we know who and what it is, your favourite tracks, a little bit about why you have/like it, and what it can be compared to.

Here's a couple of examples based on what I've recently downloaded and been listening to a lot lately:

“Punk & Poetry” – The King Blues
    (Transmission Recordings)

Release Date: 17 April 2011

The King Blues hail from London, England and the sound and vocals make that very obvious. While the band have some clear influences outside of the UK Punk scene of the 70’s the biggest influences on the groups sound are clearly The Clash and The Specials, as they play reggae tinged punk rock that is filled with politic statement and ideals.

“Punk & Poetry” is their third full length and it’s arguably their best release so far. The passion is palpable and it is immediately obvious. Opener “Last Of The Dreamers” is more an intro, but it makes its point completely clear; this album is for the rejects of society and those who desire to change both the worst parts within themselves and the world they live in. It’s a role call for the call to arms of “We Are Fucking Angry” that follows.

It’s not all political though. “I Want You” is a laundry list of things that don’t work without, or are infinitely better with a second component and it’s at the same time emotionally touching and uplifting, while also managing to be hilariously tongue in cheek. “Headbutt” is a love song for the new age. It outlines how love can come at you from all and any angles and what you originally think will be a fun little fling can turn into something far more meaningful.

In the end though, it’s final track “Everything Happens For A Reason” that really connects the dots. Lead singer and poet Jonny “Itch” Fox has recently become a father, and “Everything…” tells the story of how that happened. It’s the tale of a young man who falls in love and finds himself in the process. It’s a beautiful song, lyrically, thematically and musically, and it’s the perfect way to end a stunningly brilliant album.

I started listening to this album about a month ago in preparation for a gig I was going to and I've just not been able to stop listening. The album itself clocks in at around half an hour and it's simply impossible to get bored of because it's not long enough to bore you.

Stand out tracks: “Headbutt”, “Everything Happens For A Reason”, “Set The World On Fire”, “Five Different Bottles Of Shampoo”.

8.5/10

For fans of: The Clash, The Specials, Henry Rollins, Less Than Jake, Gogol Bordello, Frank Turner, Sonic Boom Six, The Skints, punk rock, poetry.

“England Keep My Bones” – Frank Turner
    (Xtra Mile Recordings/Epitaph Records)

Release Date: 6 June 2011

Frank Turner is probably my favourite artist on the planet right now. There’s no way to be unbiased in my opinions of his music. His song writing speaks to me in a way that very few others ever have, and to be honest, I cannot think of a single group, artist or song writer whose material has touched me in the way Frank’s stuff does. This being his brand new release, it's rarely left my ears.

I loved Million Dead, a thrash punk band that Frank fronted until 2005. Even then his lyrics astounded me, but with Million Dead it was far more political and visceral, now his songs hold far more personal themes and while he is still highly politically motivated and actively writing songs regarding those subjects, he is free to explore other areas of the human condition.

I’ve been waiting for “England Keep My Bones” since 2009 when “Poetry Of The Deed” was released and even the “Rock And Roll” EP could not sate my appetite for more. I’m very happy to say that it hasn’t disappointed. Filled to the brim with acoustic greatness and rock and roll anthems, Franks song writing remains poetic and poignant.

Any fan of Frank Turner is aware of his fantastic second album, “Love, Ire & Song”. I am yet to find a single Frank Turner fan that doesn’t hold that song up as his masterpiece. It is the closest he has come to perfection so far in his career, but “… Bones” comes very close to matching its timeless brilliance, and at times, with certain songs, may even top it. I would never say this album is better than “Love, Ire & Song”, but it’s easily argued that this album is on that same level of greatness.

“England Keep My Bones” shows how much patience pays off, and threatens to create an icon out of a man who has stated in the past that he wants nothing more than to play music to people that enjoy it. It also threatens to top his greatest achievements so far. It’s a critical time for Frank now, his next album could be his best, but with his meteoric rise beginning to increase speed at a frightening pace, it could also be his worse as more and more people begin to try and steer him in more profitable directions… But then, if that happens we can simply take heed to his message in “If I Ever Stray”; “If ever I stray from the path I follow, take me down to the English Channel, throw me in where the water is shallow, and then drag me on back to shore! Cos love is free and life is cheap, as long as I've got me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and some food to eat, I can't ask for anything more”.

Whatever happens, I just hope that we don’t have to wait so bloody long next time.

Stand out tracks: “I Still Believe”, “I Am Disappeared”, “One Foot Before The Other”, “Wessex Boy”, “Redemption”, “Glory Hallelujah”.

9/10

For fans of: Million Dead, Against Me, Billy Bragg, The Postal Service, Henry Rollins, punk rock, acoustic folk.

SICK BEATS

Status

Re: The WC Record Collection

Both albums I've listened to recently, P&P is my album of the year so far for pretty much all the reasons you've stated. There's punk, there's ska, there's even a little bit of electro in there too (We Are Fucking Angry), they've really evolved since "Save The World, Get The Girl", they understand how to balance political with heart felt songs, and not come across as sentimental. 5 Bottles of Shampoo is a great example of the passion that just excudes from this band.

England, Keep My Bones suffers from the problem you identified, that after Love, Ire & Song, the standard is so fucking high it's impossible to match, but Frank does an excellent job of attempting it. I Still Believe is anthemic, I Am Disappeared is LI&S standard, and Wessex Boy & Glory Hallelujah are particularly great.

Got a few albums on the go at the moment, I'll do it in quick form, I'm not good at writing music reviews.

Biffy Clyro, Revolutions//Live at Wembley

Live album from the best rock band in Britain today (fuck you Muse), a great advert for their live show which I hear is top notch. A good mix of well known mainstream material and some of their older stuff. Highlights are "57", "Bubbles", "Shock Shock", "Who's Got a Match", "Many of Horror", & "Mountains".

Eddie Vedder, Ukulele Songs
    Second album from the Pearl Jam front man, this time weilding a ukulele instead of an acoustic guitar. The songs don't stand out as well individually this time around, but at 35 minutes it's difficult to get bored with it. Try to find "Longing To Belong", "Goodnight", & "Can't Keep".

Black Stone Cherry, Between the Devil and the Great Blue Sea
    Another quality album from the southern rockers, almost hard to believe they're on album number 3 already. They refuse to settle into pattern, throwing a few groove tracks in as well as their tradition southern style. Best tracks are "White Trash Billionaire", "In My Blood", "Blame It On The Boom Boom", "Let Me See You Shake", & "All I'm Dreaming Off".

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Got a few albums on the go at the moment, I'll do it in quick form, I'm not good at writing music reviews.

Biffy Clyro, Revolutions//Live at Wembley

Live album from the best rock band in Britain today (fuck you Muse), a great advert for their live show which I hear is top notch. A good mix of well known mainstream material and some of their older stuff. Highlights are "57", "Bubbles", "Shock Shock", "Who's Got a Match", "Many of Horror", & "Mountains".
    Around the time between "Vertigo Of Bliss" and "Puzzle" Biffy toured almost constantly. I'm not sure how many times I saw them in that time, but I'm betting on double figures. They supported everyone and anyone. Utterly amazing live band.

SICK BEATS

Status

Alkaline Trio - Damnesia

I'm sure some of you are aware I'm a pretty big fan of this band. This is a special acoustic, rearranged album to celebrate 15 years of the band, so is pretty much aimed at current fans more than newbies.
    If I'm honest, very few of these have out done the originals, and some of the songs that have been done acoustically before (Mercy Me, Private Eye) haven't really changed at all. There are one or two highlights. This Could Be Love is delightfully dark, and new song Olde English 800 is classic AK3 sing along faire. But the stand out is easily The American Scream, now played on piano to hauntingly beautiful effect. If you must download one track, this is the one. Otherwise, hardcore AK3 fans only.
    Recommended: "Clavicle", "The American Scream", "This Could Be Love", "Olde English 800".

Theory of a Deadman - The Truth Is...

There's something very simple about ToaD that I really like. I think it's the fact they never come across as super serious, just a group of guys writing rock music. I like to think of them as a funner version of Nickelback.

The Truth Is... is another simple rock album from the band. There's no groundbreaking music here, just stuff that gets in your head. The lead single Lowlife is a celebration of the scum of the Earth, Gentlemen and Bitch Came Back are classic "women = problems" tracks that are catchy as hell. In fact, complaining about women troubles are a recurring theme here, but you can tell they aren't serious. Hell, half of them were co-written by Tyler Connerly (lead singer) and his wife!
    Fun rock, no more, no less. It isn't as great as their last album Scars & Souvenirs, but it's still good in its own right.
    Recommended: "Lowlife", "Hurricane", Love Is Hell", "Gentleman", "Head Above Water"

#pipebombshell

Status

As I've mentioned in the LIVE! thread, I've just got myself four Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music) solo albums... Having listened to six tracks in full off "Feast Or Famine", I'm already looking forward to work tomorrow so I can listen to the albums while I work. I'll let you know what I'm thinking of them once I've had a good listen.

At least it's stopped me listening to Frank Turner for the first time in over a month.

#pipebombshell

Status

I've been listening to a lot of Theory Of A Deadman this week cos I'm going to see them tomorrow night, and I have to admit, as fun as they are live... On record they suck. I went through all four albums last night and found only twenty songs (out of about seventy or eighty) that I thought worthy of keeping on my iPod. A couple of those were pity-picks too, just on there to make up the numbers because they weren't awful.

Still, they're fun live and that's what counts to me really, so I'm alright with it.

Plus it freed up room on my Shuffle for more mc chris and Hollywood Undead, which is kick-ass really. I've always had love for chris, but only recently been giving HU any time and as dumb as they are, they might be the most fun you can have with plastic in your ears.

#pipebombshell

Status

41BRYZRE88L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A - "Hi-Fi Serious"

British pop-punk band who take a lot of their cues from bands like The Clash, The Offspring, and oddly enough, Rush. People that remember "Nothing" and "Starbucks", will like this one. It's the album they're off and it's a lot more of the same and then some.

I've been going through my iTunes updating song titles and artwork (where necessary) and making sure that all the tracks have transferred correctly, without errors, and this album's stuck out so far and been stuck in my head. I spent this morning at work rocking out to it while I did the **** I needed to get done. Very enjoyable bouncy, sing-a-long punk.

Still prefer "A vs. Monkey Kong" though.

7/10

#pipebombshell

Status

Okay, I've decided to expand the parameters of this thread; it is no longer simply for discussing albums that your own and are listening to with regularity, it's also going to work along the same lines as the old "New Releases" thread, so anything coming up that's exciting you, let us know.

Here's one to get the ball rolling:-

Quote Originally Posted by BlabberMouth.net
    PENNYWISE To Release 'All Or Nothing' In May - Mar. 7, 2012
    Notorious Southern California punk rockers PENNYWISE are back in full force and swinging harder than ever. The band, which has inspired many throughout the world with their hard-charging songs of self-reliance and perseverance, proves itself once again with "All Or Nothing", one of its most powerful and heartfelt albums to date. The album will hit the streets on May 1 via longtime PENNYWISE allies Epitaph Records.

Fans can preview the album's title track, a blistering high-energy punk anthem, in the YouTube clip below (courtesy of KROQ.com).

"We knew we were up against a lot, and we needed to write the best record we've ever written," says PENNYWISE bassist Randy Bradbury. "And I think we may have just done that. That will be for the fans to decide but we are really proud with the way this record came out. I haven't felt this excited about a PENNYWISE album since 'Full Circle'."

"It felt like we got to go back to our roots in the songwriting process," adds guitarist Fletcher Dragge. "There was a lot of passionate discussion between everybody. In the old day that's how our best records got made, lot's of yelling and smashing ****. And as a result the music started sounding like an old-school PENNYWISE record. At the end of the day, this is just a loud hard fast aggressive punk rock record and that's what we do best."

"All Or Nothing" track listing:

01. All Or Nothing (2:29)
    02. Waste Another Day (2:22
    03. Revolution (3:25)
    04. Stand Strong (3:10)
    05. Let Us Hear Your Voice (3:43)
    06. Seeing Red (2:54)
    07. Songs Of Sorrow (3:35)
    08. X Generation (3:15)
    09. We Have It All (2:59)
    10. Tomorrow (3:17)
    11. All Along (3:09)
    12. United (2:49)

Formed in the South Bay of Los Angeles, a neighborhood with a rich punk rock history, PENNYWISE began in 1988. The band would go on to amass an international following through relentless touring and a melodic high energy sound merging melodic surf punk, blistering hardcore and the classic punk of their youth. The group has solidified their place in punk history with songs like the raging "**** Authority", "Alien" and the band's now-legendary ode to brotherhood and departed friends, "Bro Hymn".

"Our music has always been about persevering against all the odds," Dragge says. "We love doing this. There's nothing more important to us than being on stage in front of our fans and having them sing our lyrics back at us and feeling that energy."
    I desperately need to listen to more Pennywise, as they play exactly the type of music that I really love. I may make this new album the first buy of their stuff.

#pipebombshell

Status

New Soulfly coming...

SOULFLY: New Song Available For Streaming - Mar. 7, 2012
    "Gladiator", a brand new song from SOULFLY, can be streamed below. The track comes off the band's eighth album, "Enslaved", which is due on March 13 via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded at TallCat Studios in Phoenix, Arizona and was produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, the seasoned knob twiddler behind some of the most notable bands in metal today, such as SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, THE RED CHORD and more.

"Enslaved" standard CD features the following 11 tracks:

01. Resistance
    02. World Scum
    03. Intervention
    04. Gladiator
    05. Legions
    06. American Steel
    07. Redemption of Man By God
    08. Treachery
    09. Plata O Plomo
    10. Chains
    11. Revengeance

The digital-only edition includes the following three bonus tracks:

12. Slave
    13. Bastard
    14. Soulfly VIII

SOULFLY's video for the song "World Scum" can be seen below. The clip was conceptualized by SOULFLY mianman Max Cavalera and director Thomas Mignone (MUDVAYNE, SLIPKNOT, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, MORBID ANGEL) and produced through Mignone's production company Doom Incorporated. Mignone filmed the video in and around Los Angeles. Various scenes depicting humanity's perspectives of some of the world's significant historical — such as the attack on the Russian Czar by nihilists, the mass production of Zyklon B poisons, the Gulag prisons, the assassination of the president, and a final showdown between Jesus and the Anti-christ — are seen and reflected in the song's lyrics. The cinematography is by Peter Leininger; the special EFX makeup is by Maggie Hunter, the production design is by Hanna Dryland, and digital compositing and post-production is by editor/visual EFX artist Christopher Neil.

SOULFLY's current lineup features Max and guitar dynamo Marc Rizzo, with STATIC-X's Tony Campos taking up the bass. The lineup is rounded out by drummer David Kinkade (BORKNAGAR, ARSIS, MALEVOLENT CREATION), a new-school, extreme skinsman whose brutality behind the kit brings a new flavor to the band.
    The streaming track mentioned is in General Music Discussion and the video is in the Soulfly video thread.

#pipebombshell

Status

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS: 'Oceania' Cover Artwork, Track Listing Unveiled - Apr. 29, 2012
    THE SMASHING PUMPKINS will release their newalbum, "Oceania", on June 19 via EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution.

Produced by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS' frontman Billy Corgan, "Oceania" is an intense and dynamic offering that will appeal to new and existing fans of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS alike. "Oceania", the band's seventh studio record, is “an album within an album,” part of their 44-song work-in-progress "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope".

Peter Katsis, manager of SMASHING PUMPKINS for Prospect Park, stated: "THE SMASHING PUMPKINS created 'Oceania' as an album experience, and it is intended for the process of the release to follow a path of inclusion, so that best efforts are made for all the fans hear it at the same time as press or radio. We were excited to find partners in EMI Label Services that were equally passionate about the plan for the album release as well as being huge fans of the PUMPKINS."

EMI's relationship with THE SMASHING PUMPKINS dates back more than 20 years, to the release of "Gish" in 1991. That album was reissued this past November along with 1993's "Siamese Dream".

Said Mike Harris, EVP/GM EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution: "We are thrilled to extend the long-term partnership between THE SMASHING PUMPKINS and EMI with the release of 'Oceania'. Everybody at EMI Label Services is looking forward to working closely with Billy and the band to help them deliver their vision and their music to fans around the world."

"Oceania" track listing:

01. Quasar
    02. Panopticon
    03. The Celestials
    04. Violet Rays
    05. My Love Is Winter
    06. One Diamond, One Heart
    07. Pinwheels
    08. Oceania
    09. Pale Horse
    10. The Chimera
    11. Glissandra
    12. Inkless
    13. Wildflower

Fan-filmed video footage of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS performing various tracks from "Oceania" during their fall 2011 tour can be seen below.

New Pumpkins material is always worth checking out and this is no different. The plan itself sounds pretty freaking epic, so I'm very interested to see if they can pull it off.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Music-News.co.uk
    The Offspring announce new album release date

THE OFFSPRING have returned to the airwaves with the premiere of the brand new track 'Days Go By' on Los Angeles' KROQ Kevin and Bean show.

The song is now available to stream via an Instagram-powered interactive photo calendar at Offspring.com. DAYS GO BY is also the name of the band's new studio album, produced by Bob Rock and available 25th June (Columbia Records).

Singer and guitarist Dexter Holland talks about the album DAYS GO BY: "I don't know why but I felt sort of serious writing this record and when I finished I felt I needed to have a few playful songs too. Kind of both sides of the Offspring. Either way I think these songs are all going to be a lot of fun to play live."

THE OFFSPRING are Dexter Holland (vocals, guitar), Noodles (guitar), Greg K (bass) and Pete Parada (drums).

The first single to be released from the album will be 'Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)' on 24th June. The band are also due to play two UK shows at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th June.
    I think the track may have been posted elsewhere, but not sure about the release date for the album. Anyway, always happy for new 'Spring. I'll be checking this out. You can here the track here.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Music-News.com
    Amy Macdonald releases 'Slow It Down' video

Amy Macdonald returns this Summer with a brand new album 'Life In A Beautiful Light'.

The first single 'Slow It Down' goes to radio tomorrow across Europe and looks set to take her straight back to the top of the European charts.

'Life In A Beautiful Light' was recorded between 'State of the Ark' Studios in Richmond and Mayfield Studio in Surrey. Produced by long term collaborator and manager, Pete Wilkinson and mixed by the legendary Bob Clearmountain, 'Life In A Beautiful Light' is set for release on June 11th.

Through good old-fashioned gigging, word-of-mouth enthusiasm and constant, overwhelming radio play Amy Macdonald went from being an unknown teenage Scottish singer-songwriter to international star.
    You can see the video for "Slow It Down" in the video section here.

I'm a big fan of Amy and really enjoyed here first two albums. From the sound of "Slow It Down" this one is more of the same, and I'm very good with that being the case.

#pipebombshell

Status

AC/DC update...

Quote Originally Posted by NME.com
    May 14, 2012 14:44
    AC/DC: 'Our new album is a year or two away'
    Guitarist Malcolm Young says frontman Brian Johnson is being overly optimistic by saying their new LP could come out in 2013

AC/DC have said that their new studio album is at least "a year or two away".

The Australian stadium rockers released their 15th studio album 'Black Ice' in 2008 and their frontman Brian Johnson had previously said that they are keen to start work on the follow-up, even hinting it could be released in 2013.

However guitarist Malcolm Young has played down this suggestion and says that Johnson is ahead of himself with that prediction, reports Classic Rock Magazine.

Asked about when a new AC/DC album was likely to emerge, Young said: "You know what Brian's [Johnson] like. He just says things and then walks away. It’ll be a little while – a year or two anyway. I've been doing some jamming on some song ideas but I do that all the time, as do the rest of the band."

He continued: "We are still working. But we had a long rest between 'Stiff Upper Lip' and 'Black Ice', so I think we need a couple of years to recuperate and work on it a bit more."

AC/DC released a new live DVD 'AC/DC: Live At River Plate' last year.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PunkTastic.com
    No Such Noise stream new EP, ‘Life Goes On’

Some more new music for you this morning, this time with some good old fashioned ska-punk.
    Sicklerville, New Jersey based No Such Noise recently released ‘Life Goes On’, and you can check out the whole EP on bandcamp now.
    You can stream the EP (which I'm really liking so far) by clicking here.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punktastic.com
    Verse post new song online at AbsolutePunk

Verse have posted a new song online from their forthcoming full length ‘Bitter Clarity, Uncommon Grace’, out July 17th on Bridge Nine Records.

‘The Selfless of the Earth’ can be heard at AbsolutePunk.net
    You can hear the track at the following SoundCloud link; click here.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punktastic.com
    Perceptions post new track online for streaming

Perceptions have posted a new song called ‘Zeitgeist’ online.

It’s taken from their brand new album ‘Antagonizer’, which is out on the 22nd May (US).

And there's the track.

Internet Favorite

Status

For the past month or so I have really going back and forth between Against Me!'s White Crosses and As The Eternal Cowboy.

White Crosses - Against Me
    (Sire Records)

Release Date - June 8th 2010

Definitely the more listened to of the two albums. While it may not be my favorite album by Against Me! it definitely has some of my favorite songs by them including Spanish Moss and Because of the Shame. The songs and album has a whole deviate from the earlier sounds many fans probably recognize Against Me! for and the song I Was A Teenage Anarchist gives fans a look into some of the things Against Me! and leader singer Tom Gabel have dealt with, with some of the more hardcore punk scene fans. But while there are a few other good songs, the one that stands above them all has to be Spanish Moss. It's a simple song that just about everyone can relate to. It's about just getting away and leaving everything behind, having that one place you can go to and, as the song says "forget your name".

Against Me! as the Eternal Cowboys - Against Me!
    (Fat Wreck Chords)
    Release Date - November 3rd 2003

Probably the overall better album out of the two. I think my only real gripe with the album is the very thing that makes it really good, it's only like 25mins long. Making it short and sweet but it does pack quite the punch. Unlike White Crosses I enjoyed a more handful of the songs from this record, with songs like Sink, Florida, Sink, T.S.R, Cliche Guevara to the final track Cavalier Eternal, there is just more to enjoy here.

#pipebombshell

Status

"Because Of The Shame" is my favourite Against Me! track. Possibly due to the content of the lyrics and how I relate to it personally. It's a beautiful song about coping with (or not, as the case may be) unexpected grief and I utterly adore the way the lyrics almost perfectly explain the confusion of losing someone you were once inexplicably close to but have since lost touch with.

I almost view "White Crosses" as a concept album in the way it all fits together so well. It may be my personal favourite Against Me! album, but I definitely understand why others don't feel the same way.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AltPress.com
    Coheed And Cambria finish recording new album

(Photo Credit: Ryan Russell)

Coheed And Cambria have finished tracking their new album at Applehead Recording in Woodstock, NY. Read a tweet from the band below.

Coheed and Cambria ✔
    @Coheed
    Our final day @appleheadrecord. The team. @claudioPsanchez @Weerd_Science @TravStever @cjb110 @chonnye <-- my lady. pic.twitter.com/OqZKbc1q

Colour me incredibly excited for this release. Coheed's website is currently just a video of an acoustic session the band seem to be playing in some random room. Not sure how long it lasts, but it's fucking cool. If you haven't already, you should check it out; here.

Also, I'm not sure if people are aware, but I know that it's no secret, that their former bassist Mic Todd is currently fighting cancer. His luck at the minute seems to be at an all-time low with his issues with drugs, the law, and "leaving" the band he helped build as well as this. Hopefully, he'll be okay.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BlabberMouth.net
    STONE SOUR Taps SKID ROW's RACHEL BOLAN For New Album - June 2, 2012
    SKID ROW's Rachel Bolan has laid down the bass tracks on the forthcoming fourth studio album from STONE SOUR, tentatively due in October via Roadrunner Records. He has described the material on the record as "fucking fierce."

A photo of Bolan in the studio with STONE SOUR can be seen below.

STONE SOUR parted ways with bassist Shawn Economaki earlier in the year. The band's guitarist Jim Root stated about the split, "A lot has happened in the past year… We need to move forward and [there will] be more detail when the time is right. He's still a great friend and we're in touch."

Economaki left STONE SOUR in April 2011 in the middle of the "Avalanche Tour" to deal with "personal issues." He was temporarily replaced by Jason Christopher, who has since joined Sebastian Bach's touring band.

STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor recently spoke to Revolver magazine about the band's forthcoming CD. The project — which will likely end up becoming a double effort — will follow up 2010's "Audio Secrecy".

“Picture [PINK FLOYD's] 'The Wall' crossed with ALICE IN CHAINS' 'Dirt' with some good heavy blasts in there," Corey said. "The heaviest song is a total ass-kicker that sounds as if SLAYER and ANTHRAX had a baby. Then, there's a darker bluesy dirge that has the vibe of LED ZEPPELIN's 'In My Time Of Dying'. There's even a little industrial vibe. It's definitely going to blow people's fucking minds.

Taylor added that he came up with a very ambitious concept for the disc.

"The album is a morality play about a man who's standing at the crossroads of his life trying to figure out what to do next," he said. "He's going, 'Do I move foward and evolve? Do I become more responsible or do I run backwards and pilfer the basket of youth?' Sometimes it's romantic to live in the mistakes that you made when you were 20, and condemn yourself to perpetual adolescence."

The album is being recorded at Sound Farm Studios, just outside STONE SOUR's home base of Des Moines, Iowa, with producer David Bottrill (TOOL, MUSE, STAIND).

Guitarist Josh Rand recently said that the CD will be "another progression for the band," adding. "Musically, we have always challenged one another to push things to our limits, and this record is no exception."

Taylor and STONE SOUR guitarist Jim Root will also be busy this summer with SLIPKNOT as that band headlines the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival.

Stone Sour album news for the many Sour fans I know we have on the board.

Thread Information