Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The WC Juke Box

#pipebombshell

Status

The WC Juke Box

What are you listening to right now? Much like the old “Currently Listening” thread, that’s the point of this thread.

Name of the song and the artist (album name optional). No videos, but a link to Music Videos or YouTube is fine. Give us a description of the song and what it’s about or the band and what you like about them. What’s your favourite lyric, what sticks in your head? Rate it if you like, and tell us who would like it, or what we make like if we enjoy that song.

Be creative and give us more than just the song and the band. Educate and inform. Discovering new music is the best thing in the world, this thread is to aid that process. Also, feel free to offer opinions and suggestions to others based on their posts. This is for discussion as well as suggestion.

Here's a couple of example posts, the second is the bare minimum for a post in this thread:

“Choking Victim” – Fear And The Nervous System

It’s a “supergroup” made up of members of Korn, Faith No More, Bad Religion and more. It sounds very much like “Issues” era Korn with much of the shine scrapped off.

“Did we take these pennies for silver”

6/10

For fans of: Korn, Faith No More, Repeater, Bad Religion, Io Echo

------------------------------------

"Ultraviolet" - The Stiff Dylans

A group formed specifically for the film, "Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging" based on a book Rennison. It's a proper teen-chick-flick, but the soundtrack is all sorts of fun and I seriously wish TSD had stuck it out after the movie and released an album!!

For fans of: Fall Out Boy, A, The Automatic, pop-punk
    Last edited by RaiZ-R; 07-10-2011 at 11:43 AM.

oG $wank

Status

Re: The WC Juke Box

The Quiet Place
    In Flames

They're a nice Swedish death metal band. It's off their 2004 album "Sountrack To Your Escape" which I find to be their best album. If you were trying to get into this band it'd be a good place to start. It got 4 of 5 stars from Allmusic.

For fans of: At The Gates, Trivium, and DevilDriver

the song itself is a solid 7.5/10

The EC: Good for Business.

=======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Where I'm Going
    Down

They're a supergroup consisting of Pantera's Phil Anselmo, Corrosion of Conformity's Pepper Keenan, Crowbar's Kirk Windstein and Patrick Bruders and Eyehategod's Jimmy Bower. The lineup also used to include Rex Brown of Pantera fame.

"Hateful and deserved, Charlie Manson's eyes are looking through you back to myself."

For fans of: Pantera, Crowbar, Corrosion of Conformity and Eyehategod.

I'd give it a 9/10.
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 07-10-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    The Quiet Place
    In Flames
    What I've heard of In Flames is stunning stuff. Would "Soundtrack To Your Escape" be the best place to start with them or is there a better album to start with?

Like how "The Colour And The Shape" is the Foo's most critically acclaimed but "In Your Honor" is the perfect starter kit.

The Whole Fucking Brand

Status
    In a Hovel, underneath a rock............ in Narnia

Open Your Eyes - Alter Bridge

They're a group made of former Creed members, Mark, Brian & Scott. Their songs alternate between Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, and most people know them because Former WWE Superstar Edge's enterance theme is one of their biggest songs. I like them because they aren't your normal Hard Rock/Heavy Metal group, they have many heartfelt songs.

"When they open their eyes, and realise we are one"

8/10

For fans of: AC/DC, Guns 'N' Roses, Led Zeppelin

oG $wank

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What I've heard of In Flames is stunning stuff. Would "Soundtrack To Your Escape" be the best place to start with them or is there a better album to start with?

Like how "The Colour And The Shape" is the Foo's most critically acclaimed but "In Your Honor" is the perfect starter kit.
    It definitely is. It's their seventh album but it is the culmination of all the different properties they incorporated into their past albums, bundled into one. Plus it's their most commercially successful and critically acclaimed.

~~||*

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    It definitely is. It's their seventh album but it is the culmination of all the different properties they incorporated into their past albums, bundled into one. Plus it's their most commercially successful and critically acclaimed.
    Thanks man, I will definitely check it out.

------

"Starbucks" - A

British pop-punkers that are one of the most fun live bands I've seen. Defined by the shiny guitars, glossy backing vocals and the distinctive lead vocals.

"Don't want your job at Starbucks"

For fans of: The Clash, AFI, Motion City Soundtrack, Hundred Reasons, Jane's Addiction, So-Cal punk, British punk, pop punk.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status

"To Where the Skies Are Blue" - Deadlock

Deadlock is a melodic death metal band fronted by harsh vocalist Johannes Prem and clean vocalist Sabine Weniger.This is the last song off their "Wolves" album, and it's very different from the rest of the songs, as it's essentially a place for Sabine to show her pipes. This girl is an amazing singer and adds something that isn't often seen in metal.

​"And still the hardest things to say are the words that mean the most."

I'd say for fans of: Arch Enemy, Dethklok
    Last edited by Doot Lock; 07-10-2011 at 01:57 PM.

oG $wank

Status

Fire In The Pouring Rain (click)
    Bad City

Fucking vintage. these guys are like in their early 20's I believe but they embody 80's hair metal, and fuse in some modern elements to make them sound sick. This song is a great anthem. Like a Journey ballad really, which just plays on their strengths cause they sound great when they're singing from their hearts (which they usually do).

"I spent all my money buying love for you, but uh, now you're trying to sell it.. who knew..."

For fans of: Motley Crue, Poison, Bad Company, and Alter Bridge

8.5/10

~~||*

#pipebombshell

Status

"Morning Routine" - Rolfe Kent

It's the theme to the TV show, Dexter. I've heard it five times so far today, and I intend on hearing it twice more to finish Season 5 tonight in order to lend it to my friend who is also a big time Dexter fan. Unlike the other shows I watch in bulk (Family Guy, American Dad, The Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad to a lesser extent) I never skip the title sequence. Partially because the visuals themselves are so utterly captivating, but mostly because no matter how many times I hear it, it's still fresh and new and feels like waking up.

For fans of: Dexter, classical, film and TV scores, latin influenced music.

#pipebombshell

Status

The Thundercats Theme

Composed by Bernard Hoffer and James Lipton, I've not paid enough attention to the credits to figure out who performed it and Google has failed me in finding out. Even a quick scan of Wiki came up short. It was probably just session musicians and the composers, but it's still bugging me. I've been watching Thundercats Season 1 all day, while I'm home from work, sick. Fun times.

"Thundercats are loose!"

For fans of: Thundercats, 80's kid TV themes...

No

Status

Chiddy Bang -- Opposite of Adults (KIDS)

Chiddy Bang is an american hip hop duo from Philly, very much a college educated hip hop artist and he stays away from gangster type content. This song is no different, beat is a sample of MGMT's Kids and it's pretty sick. Only problem with lots of Chiddy's songs is that they are too focused on the present in terms of lyrical content. He talks about that I love College song by Roth when by now everyone has forgotten about that song. But it's a solid song that keeps your attention the whole way through with some nice rhymes and a sick beat.

7.5/10

If you like Lupe's older stuff or the Kanye stuff that isn't super serious/religious (think Good Life or Gold Digger) you'll like this.

Heel Champion

Status

Ace Hood Feat. Lil Wayne & Rick Ross - Hustle Hard (Remix)

Hustle Hard is the first official single off Ace Hood's third studio album "Blood, Sweat & Tears". It originally appeared on Ace Hood's preceding mixtape The Statement. It is produced by Lex Luger.

'Swagger just dumb, call it Kelly Bundy'

7/10

Alan Rickman

Status

The Answer
    Floorpunch
    Fast Times At The Jersey ShoreI'd give this song an 8/10. Floorpunch is a fantastic Straight Edge hardcore band. All their music is fast and actually has a positive message, which is something I enjoy out of every Straight Edge hardcore band.

MizDow

Status

We Fly High (Giants Remix)
    Jim Jones

Much like the original version of the song "We Fly High", was made during the Super Bowl that the Giants won in 2008. Although I am not a Giants fan it is still a good song to listen to for any Hip Hop fan.

Believe

Status

It'll Be OK
    Limp Bizkit

Off of their "Chocolate Starfish & The Hot Dog Flavored Water" album and may be my favorite track on the album. The instrumentals are fantastic (for a Limp Bizkit song). It goes slow at the beginning but then Fred Durst gets all "hardcore" on us with the hook and I love it. Although, Durst holding a tune isn't a very pretty......sight? Nonetheless, it's a great song.
    8/10

Limp Bizkit - It'll Be OK - YouTube

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Although, Durst holding a tune isn't a very pretty......sight? Nonetheless, it's a great song.
    Really?

I've always thought Durst had a really good singing voice for a guy whose bread is buttered with bad rapping.

Alan Rickman

Status

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
    Neutral Milk Hotel
    In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

I really enjoy this entire album and especially this song. It's extremely cliche that it's my favorite, which is funny, because this album is notorious for being popular with hipsters. I honestly can't pick a favorite lyric, I just love everything about this song. I'm giving it a 10/10 and I highly recommend downloading this album.

GSP! GSP! GSP!

Status

The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

A 'supergroup' of sorts. It's really only tthree guys, Alex Turner (lead singer of The Arctic Monkeys), Miles Kane (lead singer of Experimental Britpop band The Rascals) and producer James Ford. Really, it's just Kane and Turner singing in harmony with a fairly minimalist back-up of Ford's drumming, Turner's whammy-heavy guitar and, oh yeah, backing from the London Metropolitan Orchestra. The symphonics makes the song (and album) a really interesting ones and you won't find many other bands like this. This song is their most successful single and probably my favourite from them

8.5/10

For fans of: Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes, Britpop

#pipebombshell

Status

"Adelleda" - Alexisonfire

Alexis are one of my favourite bands on the whole planet, but the self-titled debut album is more miss than hit, with only ".44 Caliber Love Letter" standing out as a great song. Partially it's the production, partially it's the minimal vocal input from Dallas, but overall it's just a combination of those aspects and the bands own lack of evolution at that point in their career. "Wach Out!" that followed this album, was a massive leap forward in every single way and is still one of the best albums they've ever released, if not the best.

For fans of: Deftones, The Bled, Metallica, Rival Schools, City & Colour, post-hardcore, thrash punk.

Thread Information