Thread: What next for Cena? (Extreme Rules spoilers)

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

What next for Cena? (Extreme Rules spoilers)

By now, most of you will know that Cena won the world championship back off The Miz in a three-way match at Extreme Rules. What I'd like to know in this thread is the following: where do you think the WWE will go from here in terms of the length of his title reign, and the people against whom he will feud? In the last few days, I've heard everything from people thinking that he will just be a transitional champion to thoughts about him potentially holding the belt until next year's Wrestlemania - what do you feel the WWE really plan?

Secondly, what do you think should happen? What would you like WWE's next steps to be with this reign?

Backyarder

Status

Re: What next for Cena? (Extreme Rules spoilers)

I assume that he's going to hold the WWE title until WM28 (This is going to be a long year!). Which means every heel is going to job to him any way. So does his fueds really matter? I take it he will fued with Del Rio next, then CM Punk.
    Last edited by TheDarkPrince; 05-03-2011 at 01:03 PM.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

I'm a believer of the "hold the title until WM" plan.

He's still got a couple more matches with Miz left. Then he's got Del Rio in the summer, and potentially R-Truth, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, and Dolph Ziggler from there onwards. The draft seemed to stack Raw with heels for this exact purpose: Keep Cena busy.

Mr. Wrestlemania

Status
      Country                    Canada

He'll hold it until the new year, I can see the Rock costing him the title. Their match wont be for the title.

God

Status

After Raw I really wouldnt be surprised if he held the title until Wrestlemania, or if he doesnt, he'll win it back fairly quickly. I'm expecting him to hold the title for the majority of the year either way.

I have no problem with the top guy holding the title, either. It's much better than having a midcarder hold it and trying to make them a main eventer which is what the IC and US titles should be for. Saying that, the fued with Rock doesnt need the title involved, it's already big enough and unless 'taker faces someone like Sting it'll be the biggest match on the card by far.

For fued's, I dont think he'll be having anything major like he had with Nexus. It'll mostly be short two month feuds with everyone at the top of the card to keep things fresh until Rock comes back in full time to build the match for Wrestlemania.

One thing I am curious about however is if Cena does hold the title to Mania and someone like the Miz wins the Rumble, will he go to Smackdown or get his match at Elimination Chamber instead?
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Jobber

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I don't know, but if he holds the title until Wrestlemania this year is gonna suck. I was hoping the Miz would win it yesterday. And he did, until the stupid Ref reversed the decision. I thought that a Ref's call was final in WWE.

God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalShards View Post
    I don't know, but if he holds the title until Wrestlemania this year is gonna suck. I was hoping the Miz would win it yesterday. And he did, until the stupid Ref reversed the decision. I thought that a Ref's call was final in WWE.
    A referee can reverse his decision but no-one else other than Vince McMahon can. Of course, thats only taken into account if it helps the storyline.

Besides, you should be blaming Miz for being stupid enough to keep the title belt beside him instead of using common sense and throwing it out of the ring.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    By now, most of you will know that Cena won the world championship back off The Miz in a three-way match at Extreme Rules. What I'd like to know in this thread is the following: where do you think the WWE will go from here in terms of the length of his title reign, and the people against whom he will feud? In the last few days, I've heard everything from people thinking that he will just be a transitional champion to thoughts about him potentially holding the belt until next year's Wrestlemania - what do you feel the WWE really plan?

Secondly, what do you think should happen? What would you like WWE's next steps to be with this reign?
    The WWE only has one option, that is to keep the belt on Cena until WM28. It has led up to that with Cena telling Rock that he will face him for the WWE title. This is, I believe, the second time he has said it.

I see him feuding with Del Rio, Miz and possibly CM Punk for the next 9 or 10 months. Obviously neither of them are going to take it off of him. If they do, it will be short lived.

I pretty much want the way I said it to happen. I would prefer he hang onto the belt until he faces The Rock next spring. It's only logical in my mind. I know a lot of people will hate it, but to me, they have no other choice.

One Mean Mammajamma

Status

I'm doubtful that Cena will hold the title for eleven months, but I think he'll at least have it for a few more. I agree with those that say The Rock will show up now and then and ensure that he keeps it, but I think he will lose it eventually. Of course, I'm certain he will win it back before Mania next year and thus losing to Rocky. I just can't see Cena holding onto it for almost a year. It's happened to other wrestlers before, but this is a different time.

Who should Cena feud with? Maybe Punk or Del Rio, and I wouldn't mind to see either.
    "We have no sympathy for the lost souls. We've chosen the path of disgrace.
    We give this life to our children and teach them to hate this place.
    Life burns!"

Status

I'm hoping that Cena is a transitional champion for Del Rio. I don't think Cena needs the belt at this point, and Cena/Rock at WM 28 definitely doesn't need the championship on the line either. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE decides to put the belt on ADR, either at Summerslam or RR.

Curtain Jerker

Status

i think another ppv with th miz then maybe punk till summerslam and then del rio till tlc and then maybe r truth just for rumble an then he go in to the chamber but i fink he will drop it an regain it before wm 28

Indy Talent

Status

I think he will hold on to it until the rumble when the Rock costs him the belt giving them more of a heated rivalry. I dont look forward to it though/

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

If Cena does hold the title til Mania, this is going to be one long, long year!
    I can see him holding til at least the Rumble though, but the thought of that doesn't exactly fill me with hope either.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Riley Randy Riley JIMMY

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Any of the following would be okay to move to if the Miz feud is finishing -

Alberto Del Rio - Have to admit I'd like to hold off on this. Del Rio needs some wins now he's on Raw following several failures to gain the World Championship. A feud with Cena at this stage would just lead to yet more dissapointment, and likely not particularly great matches

Dolph Ziggler/ Jack Swagger - Either of these would give him some decent matches (indeed Dolph's against Cena on Raw some time ago was the best Cena match I'd seen in ages) however neither have been pushed anywhere near that level and there would be zero believability in them beating him

R Truth - Just a personal thing. I think I could be pretty entertained by a feud between them, if not in the ring, at least on the mic and maybe Cena would give us another rap!! When I say I'd be entertained, that's not necessarily a good thing

Rey Rey - I'd enjoy this. I think they could pull of one of those face-v-face feuds for Summerslam. It'd be a fresh match up/feud and they could even do their usual thing of having them start as tag buds then have Rey win a No.1 contender match and have them start unravelling as a team. Just don't put the tag belts on them, or try and do this a week before SSlam, let it build a while.
    A throne is just a bench wrapped in velvet

Jobber

Status

Yeah I reckon Del Rio will beat Cena for the title next

Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

D.T.A

Status

Sadly, I gotta believe WWE is going to keep the title on him until Wrestlemania. Either that or have him lose it maybe once or twice, only to win it back shortly after.

Now what do I think should happen? I think they should have kept Miz as champion alot longer. He had ALOT of potential as champ and still does. WWE could have had some sort of thing going on after Extreme Rules like getting John Morrison and Cena to team up and become tag champs for a few months. Not only would that keep a championship around the waist of Cena and keep Miz as Champion of WWE, but it also would have helped out Morrison (who is slowly but surely gaining main event status).

Thread Information