Place of Birth:
    Allegedly Dayton, OH

Currently Billed From:
    The Long and Winding Road

Height:
    6 ft 2 in

Weight: 235 pounds

Gimmick:
    From upstart rookie to now seasoned veteran in the Clique Wrestling Alliance, Cyrus continues to hold a fierce protectiveness over the CWA. He still seeks to once again rise and become World Heavyweight Champion, but his focus is now squarely on being the measuring stick of CWA, the guy any would-be "kings" test their mettle against to prove whether they're phony tough or the real deal. All he does, he does under the principles of the Long and Winding Road, a philosophy that forsakes the easy path for the one of great resistance...the one that proves one's resolve and grit.

Disposition: Cyrus Is

Wrestling Style: American-based mat technician with puroresu and hardcore wrestling influences

Wrestling Abilities:

1) Charisma
    2) Technical
    3) Brawling
    4) Speed
    5) Power

Signature Taunts/Poses:
    Quick throat slash before the match begins, directed at his opponent
    Sits on top turnbuckle during opponent's entrance, pretending not to care (does this with anyone who hasn’t earned his respect or if he’s facing someone for the first time)

Catchphrases:
    "See you on the Long and Winding Road"
    "Don't say I didn't warn you."
    "I wage war."

Entrance theme: "This Means War" by Avenged Sevenfold

Basic Moves:

Enzugiri
    Dropkick
    Multiple DDT Variants
    *Inverted
    *Springboard
    *Tornado
    Arm drag
    Armbar
    Rear chinlock (with a knee in the spine)
    Hip toss
    Uppercut
    Knife-edge chop
    Suicide dive through the ropes to an opponent outside of the ring
    Snap swinging neckbreaker

Signature Moves:

First Five Steps: Five rapid stomps to an opponent’s head, driving them into the turnbuckle
    Broken Path: Stomp to the back of the knee of an standing opponent, then a running big boot to the skull while the opponent is kneeling
    Descent Into Shadow: Reverse Death Valley Driver
    Nail in the Coffin: Top rope moonsault flip into a foot stomp
    Exile's Edge: Argentina backbreaker into neckbreaker
    Shattered Pride: Inverted atomic drop into a belly-to-belly suplex
    Swift Vengeance: Fireman’s carry into a single-knee gutbuster
    Delusion Crusher: Fisherman driver
    Madman's Detour: Dropkick using an opponent's knee for leverage
    Storming the Gate: Hammerlock Guillotine DDT
    Screw Your Destiny: Top rope senton flip into a legdrop
    Boulevard of Misery: Leaping splash to an opponent in the corner, followed by a reverse STO

Signature Submission Moves
    :
    The Long Road to Nowhere: Crucifix Neck Crank
    Testing One’s Resolve: High-angle sharpshooter with a knee to the opponent’s spine
    Where Is Your Bravado Now?!: Inverted facelock with a body scissors

Regular Finishing Move:

Journey’s End: Fireman's Carry into a Sit-Out Belly-To-Belly Piledriver

Previous Experience: Been RPing for close to a year, mainly on WWEU before it shut down. Also did CT and GM for a somewhat successful, small-scale e-fed in the past.

Injury History: Nothing major that resulted in time away from the ring

Name of character representative: CM Punk
    Picture:

Manager: No

And now, for the promo…

There’s a light fog covering what looks to be a long forgotten dirt road in the middle of nowhere. It’s just a few minutes before total sunset, so there’s still a bit of light out piercing through the haze. Standing on the side of the road is a man wearing a black overcoat with his hood up, his face obscured. The man starts walking down the road towards the west, and as he’s walking he begins to speak.

Man: In the world of professional wrestling, there is some debate as to what makes a man a star, and in turn what makes that star a legend. Some would argue one’s skills in the ring, some would insist that it’s that wrestler’s ability to speak and engage the crowd, and others still would say that it’s the connections that wrestler makes with management and how well they play the political game. For me, what separates the good from the great and the great from the legendary is one’s resolve. You see, resolve is what makes a man go above and beyond what is expected of him and pushed him to surpass his own limitations. Resolve is what allows a mortal man to become something more, giving him the strength to overcome staggering odds and seemingly-unbreakable obstacles. It is that belief that drives my philosophy…that of the Long and Winding Road.

The man lowers his hood, revealing his face to the world.

Cyrus Truth: My name is Cyrus Truth. I have been called “The Exile,” and my path has led me to CWA. I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the smartest wrestler that's ever graced a CWA ring. But what I am is the most determined…and it is my resolve that will allow me to overcome anyone who steps in that ring to challenge me. CWA stars, prepare yourselves…things are about to get a whole lot more difficult for you very soon. See you on the Long and Winding Road…

Cyrus flashes a confident smirk as he pulls his hood up and heads down the road, disappearing into the fog…
    Last edited by Cyrus T; 04-18-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

God

Status

Re: Cyrus Truth

Punk is already taken. Two months ago you would have gotten him but he's been brought back as lower card filler since.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

NEWB MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Punk is already taken. Two months ago you would have gotten him but he's been brought back as lower card filler since.
    Darn, and I've always used Punk...oh well. What about Tanahashi?

God

Status

He's fine.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

NEWB MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    He's fine.
    Cool.

So what's next?

On Vacation

Status

LOL The fact you took my suggestion for Tanahashi is lulz. Cyrus suddenly turns Asian with no explanation...

NEWB MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CAPS LOCK View Post
    LOL The fact you took my suggestion for Tanahashi is lulz. Cyrus suddenly turns Asian with no explanation...
    Eh, new site, new fed, new Cyrus. Same amount of awesome though.

God

Status

The Real Rock N' Rolla

NEWB MOD

Status

Modified Finisher Description and Added a Video.

NEWB MOD

Status

Promo from High Voltage, May 17th (Trenton, NJ)

The lights go dim in the arena as the fans murmur amongst themselves. Seconds later, a powerful bass riff starts to play. For those who know their metal, they recognize it as the opening riff of “Cry of the Banshee” by Brocas Helm. The bass riff continues to play, soon joined by a background drum beat. Lights are turned on near the stage as man wearing a sleeveless, hooded overcoat stands at the top of the ramp, not moving an inch. It’s when the opening lyrics are spoken that the man lowers his hood…

Lovers of the dark, step into the light…

…and with that, Cyrus Truth makes his first appearance on a High Voltage show. The Exile is smiling like the cat that ate the canary as he makes his way down the ramp, the crowd getting into the music and the entrance a bit. There are a few hardcore marks who are losing their minds, but they’re in the minority for the moment as many fans of CWA are getting their first look at Cyrus. Cyrus slides into the ring and immediately ascends a turnbuckle, looking out into the crowd with a determined, confident expression on his face. He nods and smiles at his new surroundings as Brocas Helm dies down and he has a seat on the turnbuckle and asks for a microphone.

Cyrus Truth: Ladies and gentlemen, fans and wrestlers of Clique Wrestling Alliance…Cyrus Truth has finally made it! And I must say, it feels damn good to be in this ring as a member of the High Voltage roster. I’ve heard stories about this company…how only the very best of the best can climb to the top, how only the finest athletes and most charismatic individuals could ever hope to be given the opportunity to challenge for some of the most prestigious titles in professional wrestling today. And if the stories I’ve heard are true…then this place is perfect for this Exile. This is where I will build my own legacy and prove to the world that Cyrus Truth is indeed the best wrestler in the business today.

The crowd pops at that, and many of them start a “C-W-A!” chant. Cyrus, smiling, lets them finish their chant before continuing.

Cyrus Truth: Now, it may seem bold of me to say that I’m the best in the world, but the Truth is that I fully believe it with every fiber of my being. You see, unlike a lot of other men in this business, I don’t get my opportunities and my title shots by playing backstage politics or taking shortcuts…oh, no. I get my opportunities by adhering to the principles of the Long and Winding Road. You see, what a good number of my peers don’t realize is that, in this business of ours, it’s not the men who kiss the most asses that are remembered by the fans and their fellow wrestlers. Instead, it’s the men who continuously compete in this ring, take on their opponents and overcome them, and use those victories to catapult themselves to the top of the wrestling company and the business itself. Title shots, main events, 5-star matches…this is what moments in our industry are made of. And those who earn those moments through fighting like true champions and giving their blood, sweat, and tears are the ones who become legends.

Cyrus’s words seem to resonate with the audience as they cheer him a little. Cyrus closes his eyes and listens to the cheers for a bit before continuing.

Cyrus Truth: So what can you expect from me, you may be asking yourselves? Well, at least I hope you are, because if you’re not then I feel really sorry for you. Well, in any event, the answer is simple. Every night, when I have a match, I’m going to walk down to this ring. I’m going to sit on this turnbuckle while my sorry excuse for an opponent saunters down the ramp to whatever pathetic track he’s decided to use for his entrance theme, thinking he’s better than all the rest…that somehow some deity with a sense of humor made sure he was born to be superior to everyone and everything. He’ll step in this ring and make the same mistake that everyone else has made when they stood face-to-face with me and think that his self-perceived greatness will overcome my resolve. And then, once that bell rings and the match starts, I’ll shatter his delusions of grandeur and leave him a broken, mangled wreck alongside the Road. The thing is, I generally don’t harbor any ill will against any of my opponents. But if they decide to step in the ring against me, then they’ve made the choice to stand between me and what I desire. And if they stand against me, then they’ll fall before me. It’s nothing personal…it’s just what I do. I do it for the roar of the crowds like the gladiators of eras long ago. I tear apart my opponents because I love the thrill of a good fight. And I’ll gladly leave a man broken at my feet if it means that I can take another step towards my rewards at Journey’s End. To put it bluntly…what you can expect from me is the most determined, most skilled wrestler to grace a CWA ring in ages, and I will take High Voltage by storm as I become the legend I so desperately desire to be.

Cyrus chuckles to himself as some of the people in the stands try to start up a “Cyrus Truth!” chant. Cyrus looks to the source of the chants and waves at them.

Cyrus Truth: I appreciate that, guys. Hopefully I’ll earn enough respect to where the whole crowd joins in. Now, tonight, I have my debut match on High Voltage. Thing is, instead of it being a straight-up one-on-one match, I’m actually in a tag match with what I can only assume is another newcomer in Mike Carnage. Well, maybe it won’t be so bad. After all, with a name like Carnage, he has to be pretty brutal, you know? It’s not like he’d pick a name like that just to hide his forbidden love of flowers, ballet, and chick flicks, right? Right?

Cyrus pretends to look for a sign of acknowledgement from the audience, the expression on his face eliciting a chuckle from the crowd. Cyrus shrugs and sighs.

Cyrus Truth: Look, Truth be told, I have no earthly idea who Mike Carnage is. I’ve never met him in any other promotion and from what research I’ve done, his claim to fame is smashing beer cans on his forehead and hitting people with light tubes. But seeing as I am the Messiah of Hardcore and have bridged the gap between the ultraviolent and the pure, technical aspects of this sport, I’m willing to overlook his sole reliance on hardcore brutality and work with him in this match. So long as he handles his business, I won’t have any problems with him and we’ll come out victorious. Then again, our opponents are The Cobra’s Army…so even if Mike can’t carry his weight, I’ll still find a way to get the win. There’s no way in hell that I’m going to lose my first match here in CWA, especially to a couple of rejects like The Cobra’s Army. Seriously, what kind of name is that? Don’t you silly bastards know what happens to The Cobra Army at the end of every episode of “GI Joe?” They get pulverized, and their vaunted Cobra Commander runs away with his tail between his legs. Well, while I’m not GI Joe and I’m sure no real American hero, I am the Exile and I’m going devenomize your pitiful little coalition of serpents and skin you alive so that I can make belts to whip your sorry hides with. So Mike Carnage, let’s have some fun tonight. You and me…we’re going up against the Garden Snake Militia, and I plan on starting out my journey in CWA the right way…with a W in the record books and a couple of bodies left alongside the Road.

This illicits a “Cobra Sucks!” chant as Cyrus looks up at the ramp, awaiting his tag team partner and his opponents for the evening.

Cyrus Black: To be honest, I can’t decide whether I should feel sorry for my opponents or congratulate them. One the one hand, whichever members of the Worm Squad ends up competing in this tag match, whether it’s Jason “The Gearbox” Blair or those two nitwits Jay Walters and Hade McKenzie, they’re going to be beaten and battered in a brutal fashion that would normally be reserved for Mel Gibson motion pictures. On the other hand, they’ll be remembered forever in CWA history as the first obstacles broken through on The Exile’s path to wrestling immortality, and you really can’t buy that kind of honor. In any event, I’m itching for a fight, and I’m tired of waiting. Mike, let’s get our CWA careers started out right. As for you Cobra rejects…it’s time to face your fate at Journey’s End. So bring whatever fight you can muster, bring what rage and rancor you can dredge up from the depths of your souls. Because when you face Cyrus Truth, your best may not be good enough to overcome my resolve. Play time’s over, gentlemen. It’s time to take the first steps on the Long and Winding Road…

NEWB MOD

Status

Mike Carnage, wearing his Carnage Time T-shirt is backstage looking for Cyrus Truth, presumably to discuss their upcoming tag team match against FTK. Mike finally finds Cyrus in the arena's weight room, practicing his strikes and kicks on a punching bag while Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home" is blaring on a nearby stereo. Cyrus looks focused as Mike taps him on the shoulder to get his attention, his fists already taped and ready for a brawl.

Mike Carnage: Hey Cyrus. Looks like you’re working hard. Ready for our match against FTK tonight?

Cyrus ignores Mike as he continues working the bag over. Mike sighs as he puts his hand on Cyrus’s shoulder.

Mike Carnage: Listen man, despite what happened against Walters and McKenzie, I think we made a pretty good team. Combining your technical approach to hardcore wrestling with my powerhouse and brawling approach makes a pretty formidable duo. At the next broadcast, we've got a chance to get back on track when we take on FTK, so we’ve got to give it our all and give these fans one hell of a show. Plus, with Hostile Takeover on the horizion, we got to do our best to win now, so what do you say?

Cyrus doesn’t look away from the bag as he keeps landing strikes, increasing the intensity with every blow.

Cyrus Truth: Whatever.

Mike Carnage: Oh, come on. Look, I know you’re still hot about losing to The New Chapters, especially since that big goon Jason Blair interfered and cost us the match, but you can’t keep dwelling on that and expect to…

Cyrus Truth: You lost.

Mike Carnage: Say what now?

Cyrus turns and faces Mike, sweat on his forehead. He grabs a nearby towel and wipes it off. There’s a scowl on The Exile’s face, almost twisted in a look of disgust.

Cyrus Truth: You lost. As I recall, I wasn’t the one who got pinned in Trenton, and I damn sure didn’t tap out. That was you, Mikey. So what happened last High Voltage was that you lost, and I simply didn’t win. But now that you’re here, I might as well take this opportunity to get a few things straight first. While I appreciate your respect for my technical wrestling ability, don't think that means that you and I are friends or anything like that. I have no idea why Maxwell decided to have us team up two shows in a row considering that we're not even a legit tag team, but obviously he finds it entertaining. I don't see how, but if that's what the general manager wants then I don't really have a choice. But understand that right now I'm pissed off on several different levels, namely that pea-brained, musclebound peon Jason Blair sticking his nose into my business and assisting The New Chapters in getting the pin on you, thereby robbing me of my first win in CWA. And as if to add insult to injury, that slow-witted garden snake actually has an opportunity to earn contendership for the X-Fly Championship! I don't know what Maxwell has been huffing, but I can't wrap my brain around that one. How do you reward a guy who interfered in a match he wasn’t even scheduled to compete it, much less give him a shot to become a champion? Combine that with the fact that I have to tag once more with a guy I know nothing about, much less trust...well, forgive me if I'm not overjoyed.

Mike looks at Cyrus, directly in the eye.

Mike: Listen Cyrus, first things first. You’re acting like it was my fault that we got beat, but the fact is that we both lost. It was a tag team match, and we’re equally at fault for what happened. Secondly, the reason that Maxwell booked us as a team together for the second time, is because we're both hardcore fighters at heart. I started wrestling at the age of 15, in a little town in the Gold Coast, Australia, called Southport. My siblings are all wrestlers. And for me, my goal was to entertain the fans and show them that I will do anything to send them home happy, even if it meant putting my body on the line for the fans through excruciating amount of pain. After 7 years, I wanted to make the next move in my career, and continue my wrestling dream, by moving to America. Now I'm here and finally living the dream that I've always imagined. And I believe you have the same story. It's your dream and passion, and finally you've made it to the biggest promotion of them all…CWA. Now I know we're not the ideal tag team out there, but we have a match to wrestle. A match is a match, and a victory is a victory. So what do you think about that?

Cyrus looks uninterested as he shakes his head.

Cyrus Truth: I'm sorry, did I ask for your life story? Listen, maybe I'm not making myself very clear, so let me spell this out for you so that your swimming-in-alcohol brain can understand this.

Cyrus gets in Mike's face as he says very slowly:

Cyrus Truth: I. Don't. Like. You.

Cyrus backs up a couple of feet as he leans up against the nearby wall.

Cyrus Truth: Let me make myself very clear...the only thing you and I have in common is that we're both angry at getting screwed out of a win last week. You keep calling me a hardcore wrestler, and that is quite frankly insulting. I'm not called "The Messiah of Hardcore" just because I roll around in thumbtacks and barbed wire like I'm sure you're used to doing. I earned that moniker because I helped bring wrestling...pure, technical wrestling back to the hardcore style. Do you realize how insulting it is for me to be labeled just another "hardcore wrestler" after all the work, all the long hours spent training and honing my craft, all the challenges that I've had to overcome on the Long and Winding Road to get to this point? But I suspect you can't understand that, since you probably were hanging out one night at a bar somewhere in Australia, drunk off your sorry ass on Foster's when you got into a fight with another patron. You likely grabbed a bar stool or a pool cue or whatever was handy at the time and cracked him in the head with it, got a cheer from the other drunks, and thought to yourself, "Hey, that was easy! I can make a living just clubbing people with various objects! I'm going to be a professional wrestler!"

Cyrus groans and shakes his head as a smirk forms on his face.

Cyrus Truth: You are a garbage wrestler gifted with enough power and endurance to overcome your obvious and pronounced wrestling inabilities, nothing more or less. You bash people with chairs, cookie sheets, and light tubes and look to the crowd for support. And while they give it to you, it's not respect they're showing you. It's much like a two year old who's finally been potty trained and is so proud of going to the bathroom like a big boy. He'll show his parents and they'll pat him on the head, making him feel better. But in the end, all that praise is for a bunch of crap. If I gain the support of the crowd, I'll do it my way...by going to that ring, busting my ass, and putting on wrestling clinics night in and night out. Whether they boo me or cheer me, I will earn their respect. And their shouts will resonate, giving me a...a surge of adrenaline that will allow me to do what I need to do to accomplish my goals on High Voltage. If that means breaking a few men along the way, then so be it. And guess what, Mr. Has-To-Name-Himself-Something-Intimidating-To-Compensate-For-His Inadequacies? That includes you.

Mike, obviously insulted, grabs Cyrus by the scruff of his shirt and glares at him, while The Exile simply smirks back.

Cyrus Truth: Oh, I’m sorry…did I touch a nerve? It’s clear that something I said is now rattling around in that walnut-sized brain of yours.

Mike Carnage: Who the hell do you think you are, insult my wrestling ability? Yeah, I might not be as technical as you, but I busted my ass for years learning this trade. You talk about overcoming challenges like you’re the only one who’s had to do it. Hell, I’ve bled more times than I can remember in the rings back home in Australia, and you have the gall to say that what I do is crap?

Cyrus Truth: Oh yes, I’m sure that “wrestling school” you trained at for however long it took you to figure out that you could just as easily cop out by swinging random objects at guys for cheap pops was really top-notch. Did the ring actually have ropes or did you have to pretend that it did? Listen, guys like you are real easy for me to read, and right now I can sense that the alcohol that’s worming its way through your system is giving you a lot of false bravado and is starting to convince you that you want to deck me, right here and now. Well, hopefully that last brain cell of yours is still somewhat reasonable, because hitting me right now is career suicide. What will Maxwell think if you lay me out, hmm? And even if he didn’t do anything about it, the fact is that you haven’t got a chance tonight against FTK by yourself. Like it or not, you need me…and from the looks of things, you need me a whole lot more than I need you. So why don’t you do us both a favor and let me go before I decide to do something about it myself?

Mike doesn’t let go for a good couple of seconds, so Cyrus simply breaks the hold he has on his shirt himself. Cyrus then chuckles.

Cyrus Black: I can see that you’re angry. Good. Considering you can’t wrestle worth a damn, the best thing you can do is get mad. Channel that aggression, and maybe this time you won’t get blindsided and cost us the match like you did last time. Now, allow me to explain how tonight is going to work: you and I are going to walk down to the ring. When that bell sounds, I’m going to take that so-called “hero to women everywhere” underdog Nero James and beat him so senseless that his tag partner and his two lady friends feel it in the morning. And if Victor Thompson decides that he wants to do something about it and stop me, then I’ll treat him to an evisceration that make the Rated X Thrill Effect look like he just suffered an R-Rated gangland-style beatdown. In short, I plan on bringing the MDK...that's "Murder, Death, Kill" if you're too slow to follow...to the FTK. I’ll show that wannabe ladies man and that pseudo-tough guy just what happens when you face a man who’s willing to endure the Road and show the fans that their faith in The Exile is well-founded and why I am every bit as good as I say I am. And if and when I need to make a tag, you’ll stand in the corner like a good boy and have your hand ready to be slapped. Oh, and this time, try not to lose, okay?

Carnage looks at Cyrus, noticeably still angry. Still, Mike realizes that he and Cyrus still have a match to compete in, and decides to be the bigger man.

Mike Carnage: Fine…I'm sorry Cyrus. I shouldn't have said that. And I realize that you don't like me, and frankly I never said I liked you Truth. But I do have respect for you. But if respect is everything for you, then you're going to have to learn to respect me as well. I've trained technically for years before going to the hardcore style, so don't call me a drunken Australian who gets hit in the head with cookie sheets. FTK are going down, and we will win in spite of our differences. Good luck Truth, I'll see you out there tonight.

With that said, Carnage pats Truth on the shoulder, and walked out of the training room. Truth looks out to Carnage, with an expression on his face, like he has no idea what the hell Mike just said. He shakes his head in disbelief at just how easily he backed off as he growls and starts talking to himself.

Cyrus Truth: This is going to be one exhausting night if he can't carry his weight again. Honestly, this guy's name is Carnage? Still, a true Exile stays true to the Road in times of hardship. If this is the path that I need to take to get to where I want to be, then so be it. I'll walk it and overcome.

Cyrus's expression turns to one of musing.

Cyrus Truth: Hmm…it feels a bit chilly in here tonight. I think I’ll go find a Canadian Cobra flag to torch. I'll bet they burn real good.

Cyrus chuckles to himself as he grabs his ring gear and heads out, presumably to the merch booth to grab a Cobra Army flag and start a little fire…

Written by: Cyrus T and Starrcade111
    Edited by: Cyrus T

NEWB MOD

Status

A High Voltage camera crew has caught up with Cyrus Truth the night before Hostile Takeover in Rome. The Exile is wearing his signature sleeveless hooded trenchcoat over a High Voltage T-shirt from CWA.com. Cyrus is standing outside of the Roman Colosseum, the ancient amphitheater illuminated, shining bright in contrast to the night sky. Cyrus has a rather calm grin on his face as he walks up to the stone wall, placing his hand on it.

Cyrus Truth: The Colosseum…an ancient architectural wonder. Construction started in 70 AD and was completed ten years later, and it was said that the opening ceremonies to celebrate its completion lasted 100 days, and thousands of animals were slain in the first gladiatorial bouts. For hundreds of years, man and beast alike engaged in mortal combat, brutally maiming and killing one another for the sole amusement of the bloodthirsty plebian mobs. The Roman emperors used this to their advantage to keep the crowds distracted from the real problems plaguing the empire, and many of them were none the wiser. This structure endured earthquakes, fire, and wars with barbarian hordes…and today stands as one of the most iconic structures in the history of the world. And though it now falls under the protection of the Vatican, I can still almost hear the roars of the mob, the cries of the gladiators, the sound of metal striking metal in a dangerous dance of death, the bellows of the wild animals that stalked many a man that stood in the center of this arena…and I can faintly smell the blood that stained the sands of this structure.

Cyrus chuckles and sighs, almost sounding nostalgic as he turns and leans against the wall. Cyrus crosses his arms and looks directly into the camera.

Cyrus Truth: If you think about it, the gladiatorial games were really the distant ancestors of modern-day professional wrestling. I mean, think about it: both the clashes in the Colosseum and wrestling events are all about the spectacle, the atmosphere, and the competition. Crowds for both gladiator fights and pro wrestling matches would have their favorites and the competitors that they loved to hate. And in both the Colosseum mobs and the crowd packing the arena for a High Voltage show, the people would come and hope to see something they’ve never seen before…a moment that makes the entire event one that they will never forget. And just like there are many different types of professional wrestlers, there were many types of gladiators that competed in the Colosseum. Some fought on horseback, others on foot. Different gladiators used different weapons, different tactics…all to entertain the crowds and give them a variety of different shows and battles to sate their desires for bloodshed and slaughter. But there are two distinct groups of people who competed in these gladiatorial battles. One group was the professional gladiators, the competitors who, through gaining favor with the crowd or the emperor, fought for fame, glory, money, and women. These men were hardened by battle, trained to be fighters and killers, and cut swaths through anything and anyone that couldn’t match them blow for blow. But the second group…the second group were the slaves, the criminals...the lowest order of humanity, the noxii. These rejects and cast-offs were not trained to fight…no, they were trained to die. Their only task was to serve as lambs for the slaughter, to bleed and be ripped to shreds by the gladiators that the emperor paid handsomely for their ability to murder. The noxii…these forsaken men knew that they would not survive their bouts in the arena for very long, and no amount of support from the mob could change their fate. Do you know what the noxii said to the emperor before they met their ends?

Cyrus takes a deep breath and, while looking into the sky, says in a somber tone:

Cyrus Truth: “Ave Cesare, morituri te salutant…”

Cyrus then looks back in the camera and says in a forceful tone:

Cyrus Truth: “Hail Caesar, We who are about to die salute you.”

Cyrus’s smirk finds its way back to his face as he continues to talk.

Cyrus Truth: How accepting those men were…knowing that they were condemned to die for the glory of the spectacle. I wonder at times if those men were truly ready to accept such a destiny, or if they thought there was no other recourse. Truth knows that the mobs never expected them to do anything except die and stain the sands crimson with their own blood. You know…in a way, this eight-man elimination tag match we have tonight is much like a confrontation between the established gladiators of eras past and the damned noxii. Granted, unlike the gladiators and the noxii, the talent level and skills of either team is a match for the other, but much like the gladiators The Cobra Army are an established fixture on High Voltage, a force to be reckoned with and supported by a man who would be emperor…the Cobra Commander, Kyle Crosby. As for JT Saxton, he’s the man who wishes to become the next great gladiator, and he’s willing to do whatever it takes and use whatever he has at his disposal to curry favor with management, the crowd and the rules be damned. He’s cocky, arrogant, and way too confident in his abilities. I imagine as we speak, Kyle Crosby is giving out orders to his Cobra compatriots, while Jay Walters and Hade McKenzie are spouting off Crosby’s rhetoric as if it were gospel. Blair, the ever-thoughtless automaton, is standing at attention, looking to redeem himself in the eyes of Crosby after I cost him his shot at the X-Fly Championship. Saxton, on the other hand, is probably downplaying his loss to Newman in Olympia as a fluke on Newman’s part and continuing to inflate his already massive ego, thinking that he’s going to “rock our worlds” like the rock star he believes himself to be. As for me and my team…well, much like the noxii, the odds makers aren’t giving us much of a chance to win. And on the surface, you can see what they’re talking about. After all, we’ve got two newcomers who are making their pay-per-view debut, another relatively fresh face who’s wrestling in only his second pay-per-view, and a man in Joey Johnson who is perceived as solely a tag team specialist with his brother…and his brother’s not in this match. When you look at this situation from a distance, with just a glance, you’d think that Johnson, Carnage, Newman, and myself couldn’t possibly hope to combat the team chemistry and tactics of the Cobra Army and Saxton. Like the noxii, there are many who think that Blair, Walters, McKenzie, and Saxton will simply plow through us, leaving us to rot like the fallen in the Colosseum…

Cyrus closes his eyes and starts to laugh…a low chuckle at first, but it soon grows into a raucous laugh that echoes in the streets.

Cyrus Truth: But the thing about a gladiator battle or a wrestling match, it’s that you should always expect the unexpected. Think about this for a minute…what would happen if the noxii banded together, their bond forged in the name of survival or the greater cause of victory? What would the gladiators think if the men who were simply fodder for the battle to be waged actually fought back, with great rage and fervor? What if the noxii, instead of accepting what fate had planned for them, struck back against that very faith and laid waste to the gladiators, showing the crowd that even the forsaken can rise up and become legends? Given no chance to survive, let alone compete with, what would the people think if the men condemned to die for their amusement instead struck down the gladiators who attempted to take their lives in a grand spectacle? This time, the noxii, the men slated for execution will become the executioners. At Hostile Takeover…Joey Johnson, Mike Carnage, Newman…

Cyrus points to himself, a sinister look in his eyes.

Cyrus Truth: …and yours truly go into battle, with the odds against us. But instead of accepting the destiny that many believe we are fated to meet, we will rise above our challengers and bring down fire upon them like no other! We take the old guard of CWA, the Stars who stand between us and the rewards that await men like us at Journey’s End and crush them beneath our heels! Past grudges, petty differences, egos…all of those will be tossed out the windows of the coliseum we will do battle in. This is Hostile Takeover! This is the first ever High Voltage-exclusive pay-per-view, and this is the time to choose between annihilation or resounding victory! This is the time for the minority, the newcomers to shake the very foundations of the old order and show that CWA’s present and future are now in the hands of men like Newman, men like Johnson and Carnage…and especially men like me. Cobras, Saxton…the age of the gladiators is dead and gone. Hell comes to Rome at Hostile Takeover, and I for one will take great pleasure in seeing each and every last one of my opposition fall before our team’s collective might. The tag team experience of Joey Johnson…the resilience of Mike Carnage…the tenacity of The Unstoppable Newman…and the resolve of The Exile. United in a common cause against enemies that we want…no, NEED to crush and leave buried beneath the Road, our determination will take the solidarity that our opponents take so much comfort in and shatter it like their delusions of grandeur.

Cyrus gets back to his feet, off the Colosseum wall. He runs his left hand through his hair as he points to the camera. Cyrus has a rather intense look on his face.

Cyrus Truth: Oh, there’s a Hostile Takeover that’s about to take place…but it’s not by invading Visigoths or Huns or any of the barbarian hordes that once laid siege to this fair city and the empire that this city was the seat of. No, this is a hostile takeover of CWA by myself and my tag team partners, when we take the grand Cobra Army and the would-be megastar and charge through them like cavalry through a weakened, frightened line of mere foot soldiers. We…I will do whatever it takes to unseat our four enemies from their perches and show High Voltage, CWA…the entire world that I not only deserve to be here in the Clique Wrestling Alliance and that I’ve earned my spot, but that I deserve to be considered as an elite competitor on High Voltage. And I know that my teammates feel the same as I do. So at Hostile Takeover, the forgotten will be remembered. At Hostile Takeover, the forsaken find redemption. At Hostile Takeover…the would-be condemned strike back and slay the gladiators who would deny us our chance to become something more than noxii…something more than just another quartet of wrestlers.

Cyrus’s expression changes from intensity to his usual calm confidence as he crosses his arms in front of his chest. He chuckles a bit.

Cyrus Truth: “Hail Caesar…we who are about to die salute you.” Yeah, I think not. Instead, after my team and I run roughshod over the Cobra Army and Saxton, I believe I will say something else entirely…

Cyrus looks over his shoulder, taking one last glance at the Colosseum while saying:

Cyrus Truth: “Veni, vidi, vici…”

Cyrus turns back to the camera, a wicked smile on his face as he gets in close.

Cyrus Truth: “…I came, I saw, I conquered.” See you on the Long and Winding Road…

Cyrus chuckles as he walks down the street, away from the Colosseum. Cyrus’s laughs can still be heard as the camera takes one last shot of the Colosseum before fading to black…

NEWB MOD

Status

High Voltage’s resident interviewer Katie Shields, dressed in a low-cut, red tank-top and a black skirt, is standing in front of the camera backstage in front of a poster with the CWA logo, flashing a smile as she’s holding a microphone.

Katie Shields: Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time is one of the challengers for the AMLL Television Championship…“The Exile,” Cyrus Truth!

The camera and Katie’s line of vision shift to her right as you’d expect Cyrus to walk in. Instead, after a couple of seconds of not seeing him walk up, the camera pans down to see Cyrus sitting on the floor, resting his arms on his knees. Cyrus looks up and sees the camera, snickers, and finally stands up, using a Singapore cane to accomplish that. He’s wearing his brand new “Winding Road” T-Shirt available at CWA.com under his trademark sleeveless hooded trenchcoat. He looks very smug as both he and Katie are now in the picture.

Katie Shields: Cyrus, you’ve been on a hot streak since coming to the Clique Wrestling Alliance. And to this date you’ve yet to be pinned or submitted.

Cyrus Truth: That is correct. It’s good to know you do your homework.

Cyrus, very arrogantly, is holding his Singapore cane crucifix-style on his shoulders. Katie’s a bit miffed at Cyrus’s facetious attitude but presses on.

Katie Shields: However, there have been a lot of rumblings from the locker room and management about your attitude, especially considering that you’ve only been here for a couple of months. And I think it’s safe to say that you’ve not been making a whole lot of friends with the High Voltage roster.

Cyrus’s cocky smirk vanishes as he looks a bit twerked by Katie’s statement.

Cyrus Truth: I’m sorry, I must’ve been mistaken. I was under the impression that this was an interview. You know, an interview? Where you ask me questions and I answer them? And I might be losing my hearing, but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a question in there.

Katie looks a bit taken aback at Cyrus’s indignation.

Katie Shields: Well, I was wondering why you seem so hell-bent on making everyone angry around you. Why are you so antagonistic? I mean, your attitude isn’t exactly endearing yourself to a lot of people these days.

Cyrus rolls his eyes and sighs.

Cyrus Truth: You know, when I told Surge that you were interviewing me, he warned me that you asked a lot of stupid questions. But knowing Surge, I just thought he was exaggerating. But it’s true! You are incredibly annoying.

Katie Shields: Excuse me? What gives you the right to stand there and say that? After all, you agreed to this interview, Cyrus!

Cyrus Truth: True, but I was under the impression that you were going to ask me questions about things that mattered...the fact that I’ve yet to be beaten, the fact that I’m THE fastest rising star on High Voltage, the fact that I’m one-half of the Patron Saints of Murder, the duo who’s going to run roughshod over the entire tag team division…or maybe I was holding out hope that you’d actually ask me about my big title match against Koran! But noooooo…you just have to talk about the fact that I might be ruffling a few feathers and not showing “proper respect” to the rest of my peers.

Katie Shields: Well, I…

Cyrus Truth: Shut it. Since you feel it’s so important to ask such a stupid question, I’ll be a professional and answer it. The reason why I act the way I act, say the things I say, and do the things I do is all about respect.

Katie looks a bit confused. Cyrus either doesn’t notice it or sees the look on Katie’s face and doesn’t care. Either way, Cyrus continues to speak:

Cyrus Truth: Since day one, I’ve been driven by one thing and one thing alone…earning respect. That’s all I’ve ever wanted everywhere I’ve gone. From the decrepit rings in barely-standing pool halls to the stadiums holding thousands of screaming fans, up and down the Long and Winding Road, all I’ve asked is that I be given the chance to earn the respect of my peers and the professional wrestling fans. Beating top-notch competition, winning titles…all of that was for the respect that I know I deserve. But the thing is…respect is a two-way street. If I have to earn my respect, then everybody that steps into a ring with me has to earn mine. And when I come to CWA, what do I get? I get a garbage wrestler thrust upon me that I get forced to tag with in my first two matches, I get labeled as just another hardcore wrestler who doesn’t know the difference between a wristlock and a wristwatch, and I get the entire locker room looking at me like I’m some sort of joke!

Katie looks unsettled by Cyrus’s fervor.

Katie Shields: Cyrus, the entire locker room doesn’t…

Cyrus holds his hand up, silencing Katie.

Cyrus Truth: Don’t even try to tell me that they don’t. Despite the fact that I’ve had to jump through hoop after hoop and I’ve proven myself to be a legitimate threat to anybody on the roster, you don’t hear them talking about how great a competitor that Cyrus Truth is. And in spite of the fact that I exposed Mike Carnage as the true joke, the crowd still cheers him like he’s the second coming of Wrestling Jesus! Him?! He hasn’t EARNED any respect!

Cyrus’s voice starts to raise a bit…but he takes a breath and calms down.

Cyrus Truth: I make no apologies for who and what I am. Good guy, bad guy…it doesn’t matter to me. It’s all perception. The only thing that matters is who I’m facing next, what I’m facing them for, and whether or not I break through them. So if anybody on the roster or in the crowd expects me to simply just cater to their every whim and kiss their asses for cheers, then you’re going to be left waiting for an eternity or two. Instead, I’ll continue to do as I’ve been doing and just keep winning matches. I don’t need to make any friends…hell, the only friend I need is my fellow Saint Surge. That’s my way…the path of an Exile. I don’t care how I am perceived…but one way or another, I will earn the respect that I deserve. And if you want my respect, then I suggest you stop taking me so lightly and force me to respect you. Until then, you might as well get used to me pissing you off.

Katie, although still a bit shaken up, seems to have regained her composure and almost looks on admirably at Cyrus’s ability to speak.

Katie Shields: Well, tonight you certainly have the opportunity to earn that respect as you face Koran of the Sunshine State’s Finest for the vacant AMLL TV Title Match. Now, there have been a lot of rumors floating around that you and Koran had agreed to an alliance last week. I just wanted to give you a chance to answer those rumors.

Cyrus’s expression changes back to cool confidence as he smirks.

Cyrus Truth: Well, those rumors you heard about are true…yes, Koran and I did have an arrangement to, shall we say…“eliminate” the potential threats to both our goals of becoming a champion. I met with Koran to discuss weeding out Saxton and Conti and eliminating both Clint and Tigre to better our chances. And he agreed. Now granted, the match didn’t work out nearly as well as I was hoping, but in the end…I had it. I had Tigre locked in a figure-four leglock…a move that I normally wouldn’t use, but still I had him! And just as he was about to tap out…here comes Koran, flying in with a leg drop! And instead of trying to take me out, he just sits there and scores a bogus pin! I wouldn’t be so angry if he had simply gotten up and booted me in the face and THEN pinned Tigre, but no…he has to take an easier path. And it’s clear as day that if Koran hadn’t been such a coward in the end that I would already be standing here the new AMLL TV Champion!

Cyrus shakes his head as he pinches the bridge of his nose, letting slip a humorless chuckle.

Cyrus Truth: Did Koran pin Tigre? According to referee Shaun Quinn, who by the way wasn’t even originally scheduled for that match, yes. But I made Tigre tap out! I made the champion tap out to a submission move that I rarely ever use, which in my mind supersedes any pinfall that Koran may have gotten. But you know what? That’s fine…I know full well that a referee’s decision, no matter how wrong it may be, can’t be reversed and if nothing else, I at least applaud Orlando Maxwell for booking this match in light of that. In the end, all this means is that I have yet another hoop to jump through to get what I want…and what I want is the AMLL TV Championship.

Katie Shields: This is definitely a huge match for the both of you…both of you have yet to wear championship gold here in the CWA, and tonight that changes for one of you. What is your strategy going into this match, considering that Koran outweighs you by almost a hundred pounds?

Cyrus shoots an incredulous look at Katie, almost as if he’s offended by Katie’s question.

Cyrus Truth: What exactly is the answer you’re expecting, Katie?

Cyrus fakes a scared tone as he speaks:

Cyrus Truth: “Oh no! He’s a monster! He’s going to kill me! And I can’t possibly do anything to stop him from eating me!”

Cyrus resumes his normal tone.

Cyrus Truth: Was that the answer you were hoping for? Or wait, maybe it’s…

Cyrus now speaks in a very monotone, stereotypical “good guy” manner. He stands rigid with his Singapore cane resting on his shoulder like a soldier standing at attention as he looks like a emotionless statue.

Cyrus Truth: “Koran is a very capable competitor, and he’s definitely got the edge in power. I’m just looking forward to meeting the challenge and putting on a good show.”

Cyrus again resumes his normal tone and stance.

Cyrus Truth: Or perhaps the answer you were expecting is a loud, obnoxious rant about how unfair it is that I have to win a title that I’ve already won and that Koran doesn’t even deserve to be in this match. And then I pretend that I’m in my own little movie, prance around in bleached blond hair, and hope to the Truth that people don’t realize that my first name is actually Francis!

Katie, despite being annoyed with Cyrus throughout the interview, can’t help but snicker under her breath at that last joke. Cyrus shakes his head as he looks into the camera, Katie holding the mic up to his mouth.

Cyrus Truth: The thing is, I don’t have anything against Koran. He is a pretty decent competitor and I can’t say he doesn’t deserve to wear championship gold. But the thing is…he doesn’t deserve this match. And he certainly doesn’t deserve to win the AMLL TV Title at my expense. Koran, I know you’re probably talking with your little buddy Dave right now about how twisted and sick that I am and how you’re going to put an end to my madness and claim the TV Title for your own. Hell, I imagine you’re telling that to everyone you come in contact with. And I bet, in your attempts to be perceived as the hero in all of this, you’re apologizing for letting the villainous Cyrus Truth worm his way into your head, tricking you into conspiring against Tigre, Clint, and our own partners in our last match. But like I said earlier…I don’t believe in good and evil. And just like I told you that night at Andiamo’s, you may be the “good guy” in everyone’s eyes, but I see you for what you truly are. You’re still a scoundrel…still that same guy who not so long ago relished the hatred of the crowd and was vilified just as much as I am right now. This little redemption run you’re on? Just a mirage, nothing more. You continue to deny your true nature, but that night at Andiamo’s I caught a glimpse of the real Koran. And to be honest…it’s rather sad. For a man with as much power and ability as you possess, you’re little more than a charlatan trying to convince the fans, the boys in the back, your tag team partner, and yourself that you’re their new hero!

Katie looks almost entranced by Cyrus’s candor as he continues looking into the camera.

Cyrus Truth: Koran, you’re bigger and stronger than I am. But wars aren’t won solely on might alone. Oftentimes, as taught to us by the Long and Winding Road, a man’s words are just as dangerous a weapon as a gun or knife. As much as you want to deny that I’m still in your head, the fact is that I’m still renting space inside your skull. Everything I’ve said that night has been rattling around in that head of yours and now, whether you want to admit it or not, you’re starting to wonder what else is going on in that sick and twisted mind of mine. When no one’s around and you’re all alone, you’re sweating bullets knowing that this madman’s newest target is you. And no matter what you do, no matter what you say, you can’t shake that feeling of dread knowing that I will cripple you if that’s what it takes to become champion. Don’t feel too bad about it, though…you’re not the first to believe a scorpion when he tells you that he won’t sting you and then subsequently feel its venom course through your veins when he does anyway, and you certainly won’t be the last. What I find humorous is the fact that I told you what I was…what I am. I am a scorpion…and I told you everything you wanted to hear and a few things you didn’t. But the one thing that I didn’t tell you was just how twisted my mind is…how sick I’m willing to be…how deep my resolve runs and how comfortable I am in doing terrible, inhumane things to my fellow man all in the name of advancing to the next bend in the Road.

There’s a definite sinister look in the eyes of Cyrus Truth as he glares at the camera, his smirk turning into a disturbing grin.

Cyrus Truth: They say I’m the underdog in this match…what a load of crap. But you know the Truth, Koran…the fact is, you can’t beat me. Not tonight…not for the AMLL TV Championship. Deep down, you know full well that your strength can’t match my speed, your height will be cut down by my technical prowess, and your desire to overcome the demon that still haunts your psyche cannot even compare to my resolve to become a champion. And once I do rightfully claim the AMLL TV Title as my own, who knows what I’ll do? Maybe I’ll grace the rings of AMLL with my presence and give them a much-needed champion to be proud of. Hell, AMLL hasn’t had a major show since Senor Los Trios, so I know I can at least help them out in that regard! Or maybe I ignore our supposed sister company and instead sever all ties AMLL has to this title and rechristen it the CWA World Television Title…yeah, that has a nice ring to it. But the thing is, no matter what fate befalls that title once I’m the champion, the fact is that I will be the champion and Koran will forever go down in history as the man who wasn’t good enough to take that championship dream away from Cyrus Truth.

Cyrus leans back against the wall, taking the Singapore cane resting on his shoulders and resting its tip on the ground, his hands folded on its hilt. Katie continues to watch as she holds the microphone.

Cyrus Truth: I’m not your father’s villain or your children’s hero. What I am is the slayer of renegades and paragons alike. Who I am is Cyrus Truth, and what I will soon be is AMLL TV Champion. And with the Ruler of the Ring standing beside me, the AMLL TV Title is just the beginning. Soon, the Patron Saints of Murder will bring about a reign of pure, unadulterated terror as we bring our own special brand of violence to the tag team division. Teams like The Johnsons, Jackson Sonik and Axl Storm, any of Adrenaline Rush’s pathetic excuses for tag teams…and even Koran and his little buddy, the Sunshine State’s Finest will fall before us until we get our shots at the CWA Tag Team Championships, currently held by that gambling geriatric Peter Jacobs and that fist-pumping, jacked-up tool Frankie Enzo. And there’s rumblings that Surge is next in line to get a shot at Clint Shepard and the X-Fly Championship…and Clint, I would like to say that you really should’ve considered getting pinned on the last show, because if Surge is getting a shot at you, the only chance you have at surviving with your dwindling career intact is by falling on your knees and declaring Dr. Slaughter your new master and ruler. And even then, I don’t like your chances. But on the plus side, Clint, we’ll finally get to see if your Patriotic Foundation can truly stand without a title belt to hold its walls together. And don’t worry…both Tigre’s former AMLL TV Title and your soon-to-be former X-Fly Championship will be in good hands with the Patron Saints of Murder.

Cyrus turns and looks Katie directly in the eye, his intense stare met with one of trepidation from the lovely High Voltage interviewer.

Cyrus Truth: Tonight, it all begins. Because you see, Katie…it’s not a matter of if or even when. The battle that happens in the ring tonight is just a formality. The true battle’s been waged and won by yours truly. No matter what Koran tells you, his little buddy Dave, or the rest of the world, he knows that I’ve already won.

Cyrus looks back at the camera as Katie stands there, looking almost in as if she’s in a trance (or perhaps she’s frozen out of fear)

Cyrus Truth: I’m in your head, big man…and whatever advantages you, the fans, the boys in the back, or the announcers think you have are irrelevant and ridiculous. This isn’t a tag match that you’ve gotten far too comfortable competing in, Koran…you don’t have that scrawny little peon to rely upon. It’s just you and me, and believe me when I tell you that your first mistake out there will be your last. This match is mine…that title is mine. And Koran, know with absolute certainty and with every fiber of your mind and being that I will tear you apart to take that title and fasten it around my waist. But as a gesture of good will after I annihilate you, from a Saint to a soon-to-be fallen warrior…I’ll be sure to put a pair of coins in your eyes so that you can pay the ferryman to deliver you from the Hell that awaits you at Journey’s End.

Cyrus gets closer to the camera as he glares at it with pure, murderous intent and a sinister smirk…

Cyrus Truth: The Road is stretched out in front of you, Koran, and you don’t know what’s around that next bend. But you’ll soon learn that sometimes, the things you should be afraid of are the fiends that are staring you right in the face. Tonight, the fiend they call Cyrus Truth ends you. And deep down, you not only know it…but you’ll welcome it as deliverance from your suffering. See you on the Long and Winding Road…

Cyrus pushes the cameraman down as the now grounded, lopsided camera catches him walking away. Katie walks into the frame as she seemingly tries to help the cameraman up as the picture fades to black, Cyrus’s laugh echoing through the halls…

NEWB MOD

Status

The crowd, eagerly anticipating the next match of the night, is understandably confused when they hear a rather powerful bass riff over the loudspeakers:

“Lovers of the dark, step into the light…”

Doc Adams: Well, we know this theme…it’s the ever-brazen Cyrus Truth.

Jim Taylor: What the heck is he doing out here? He’s not scheduled to be here!

As “Cry of the Banshee” by Brocas Helm blares, out comes Cyrus Truth from behind the curtain onto the stage. Half the crowd boos because they were expecting the next match to start while the other half cheers the rather cavalier wrestler, but Cyrus pays them no mind as he calmly saunters out to the ring, microphone in hand. He’s wearing his sleeveless hooded trenchcoat and a pair of dark slacks, along with his “Winding Road” T-shirt available at pridenhonor.com. Cyrus’s theme music dies down as he has a seat on one of the corner top turnbuckles, a rather cocky smirk on his face.

Cyrus Truth: I imagine some of you aren’t very happy that I’m out here instead of your next match-up, right?

Half the crowd boos to tell him “yes.” The others try to drown out their cheers with a “Cyrus Truth!” chant much to The Exile’s amusement.

Cyrus Truth: Well, fear not…I’m not out here to waste any more time than I have to. Seeing as I wasn’t booked in a match and I was back there bored, I decided that I should take a little time to work a few things out-loud, if I may.

Cyrus chuckles as he facetiously works out some kinks in his neck, as if he were prepping himself for a match.

Cyrus Truth: I find myself in a rather…unique position thanks in no small part to the formation of this new company…Pride N’ Honor. I’m not sure what prompted Jimmy Van to distance himself from that other federation, nor do I care. As it stands, I work on High Voltage, I compete on High Voltage shows and pay-per-views, and the checks still clear and I still get to do what I love to do more than anything and break men’s bones and their delusions of grandeur, so the change really didn’t affect me all that much…well, except for one thing.

Cyrus glances at his right shoulder, then his left, then down at his waist.

Cyrus Truth: As you may have noticed, there’s no title belt on either of my shoulders or my waist. And if you go to my locker room, you won’t find a title belt with my name on it anywhere. Now, the more observant of you will note that this seems rather strange, since I clearly won a title on the last episode of High Voltage. Well, without naming any names of other promotions, let’s just say that Jimmy Van’s decision to split from that other wrestling conglomerate voided any relationships with other companies. And since my title was with a sister company that PNH does not recognize, I am now what you would call a “shadow champion.” Basically, I’m still a champion, but not recognized as such by PNH. But you all saw me win that title, so it really doesn’t make sense to not recognize me as such.

Doc Adams
    : Cyrus is referring to the match he had with Koran in Phoenix.

Jim Taylor
    : That was a title match? He’s obviously nuts. A guy like him, winning a title? Not to say anything about that big lug Koran. Please!

Cyrus Truth
    : But fortunately…there’s a rather easy solution to this problem. In fact, it’s so simple even that tool Jimmy at the commentary desk could figure it out!

Cyrus looks over and waves at Jim Taylor, who looks rather pissed. Doc, however, is trying very hard to suppress his laughter. Cyrus turns his attention back to the cameraman in the ring as he simply states:

Cyrus Truth: I just need to win another title.

Thanks in large part to his pot-shot at Taylor, a majority of the crowd is now cheering him. Cyrus chuckles, showing no preference one way or the other.

Cyrus Truth: The problem I have is that, as it stands, I’m nowhere near contention for any of the championships. Myself and my partner Surge are barely getting any consideration for the tag team championships, especially with the new champs, the "Super Lucky Walking Talking Corpses To Be Eviserated By The Patron Saints of Murder," Jackson Sonik and Axl Storm having challengers in the form of the previous champions, Worm Crap or something like that. And of course, the guy I pinned to win the title that I “didn’t win” Koran and his little buddy Dave won the ladder match at Vendetta and became the number one contenders. So yeah…apparently it’s a long line for the new PNH World Tag Team Championships.

Cyrus scratches the back of his neck before continuing.

Cyrus Truth: Now my partner Surge…well, let’s face it. He’s basically in control of the direction of High Voltage for all intents and purposes. At last count, he was the number one contender for Clint Shepard’s X-F…er, I mean, International Title. And I was also under the impression that as the Ruler of the Ring, he was entitled to a future World Title shot. Which actually makes things a lot more confusing…after all, Clint Shepard won the right to challenge Francis tonight for the World Title by fluking his way into a win in the Battle Royale at Vendetta, and tonight we have a number one contendership match between Rich Stone and NovaKain...anybody see where I’m going with this? Why are there so many matches to determine a new challenger for the World Title when my best friend and partner in mass murder Surge is still waiting for his shot at the gold…BOTH titles nonetheless. But knowing Surge better than most, I doubt very much that Francis or Old Man Shepard can keep ignoring Surge for very long. Eventually Surge will get his matches, and when that happens…well, let me put it like this. Invest in stocks in medical facilities and health care providers. Seriously, they’ll be booming once Surge gets to kill-dozing.

This elicits a “King Surge!” chant from the very vocal supporters of the masked member of the Patron Saints of Murder. Cyrus motions for them to get louder still as it starts a dueling chant for Surge and Clint Shepard

Cyrus Truth: Now, with Surge busy with murdering champions and with a long line between us and the tag titles, where does that leave your new favorite wrestler? As it stands right now, I have no direction or a target that I can strike. Well, like any disciple of the Long and Winding Road, I hate being directionless. So here’s what I’m going to do…I’m going to give somebody an opportunity to do what no man walking the planet has ever done before. I’m going to give somebody a chance to shut me up. To put it in terms that some of the less-intelligent members of our vaunted locker room can better understand…I want a fight. I want to face someone who'll not only give me a challenge, but give me an opportunity to prove why I am one of the best wrestlers walking the planet today. And as an act of rare benevolence, I’m allowing my would-be victim a chance to take the first shot. So, which one of you will it be, hmm?

Cyrus points to the entrance as the crowd waits in anticipation for somebody to come out and accept his challenge. Both The Exile and the fans wait for a minute or two before it becomes obvious that nobody’s coming out. The crowd boos as Cyrus shrugs.

Cyrus Truth: Nobody, huh? Well, can’t say I didn’t offer. At any rate, if nobody wants to give me the challenge I’m looking for, then I suppose I’ll just have to go find it myself. But that’s the thing about a scorpion…you never can tell where they’ll show up or when they strike. In fact, to be quite blunt…a scorpion tends to strike when it’s most…

Cyrus’s lip curl into a sinister smirk.

Cyrus Truth: Inconvenient. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Cyrus drops the mic as his theme starts to play again. The crowd is buzzing as to who Cyrus might be referring to or when he plans to throw down the proverbial gauntlet. Cyrus simply chuckles all the way up the ramp before disappearing behind the curtain.

Jim Taylor: What a blowhard. All that just to throw out an open challenge?

Doc Adams
    : Love him or hate him, Cyrus Truth wants to compete. And it seems he doesn’t care who it is, so long as it’s a challenge.

Jim Taylor
    : So what? Why should anybody waste their time on a guy like that? He’s low-rent! He’s a nobody!

Doc Adams
    : He’s determined and hungry…and that can take a man a long way in this business. Anyway, folks, when we come back, we’ll have (insert name of next match)!

NEWB MOD

Status

A new video uploaded to pridenhonor.com shows what looks like an abandoned junkyard somewhere on the outskirts of some major metropolis. It’s the dead of night, and the junkyard is illuminated by a series of dim, dingy pole lights. Indeed, as you look around, you see piles of derelict appliances, broken black-and-white TVs, tattered clothes and busted toys, and long-forgotten wrecked automobiles. One in particular stands out…a long rusted-out, mangled wreck of a 1959 Cadillac Sedan de Ville that sits on blocks in the center of these heaps of trash and refuse. Sitting on top of the de Ville’s hood is none other than The Exile, Cyrus Truth. As usual, he’s wearing his sleeveless overcoat and a pair of dark slacks. His T-shirt isn’t his “Winding Road” shirt that you can purchase on pridenhonor.com…rather, it’s a plain black T-shirt with the phrase “To Hell With Complacency.” Cyrus sits on that hood cross-legged with his arms resting on his knees, almost meditative as the camera zooms in.

Cyrus Truth: It’s been a long time since I’ve come back to this place.

As the camera gets in close, you can see Cyrus’s face. His eyes are almost alight with a burning inner fire and his lips are curled into a confident, if somewhat twisted, smirk. Cyrus then takes his right hand and starts tapping on the hood of the Cadillac.

Cyrus Truth: This old reliquary of long obsolete scrap…feels like coming home again. I imagine it’d seem strange for someone to find comfort among rusted cars and broken toaster ovens, but there’s a reason for why I do. Being here, it reminds me of the need to always be moving forward. Dwelling in the past is futile…only when one looks forward can they advance to the next bend in the Long and Winding Road. For example, I could dwell on the fact that I am a shadow champion within Pride N’ Honor, shouting at the top of my lungs like most men would that having my title win stricken from the record books is unfair to me and that I should be compensated for it in some way, shape, or form. But I don’t. Because I understand that opportunities merely handed to you without having earned them don’t determine how talented you truly are. If you gain opportunities, it should be because you were better than the men you fought and defeated on your way to getting them. And like any good Exile…if there’s an obstacle standing between you and what you want, you break it down to prove you’re worthy of what you desire. What you’ve done in the past is irrelevant…it’s much like the scrap that litters this junkyard. At one time, those accomplishments were worth something…but eventually they become meaningless when faced with new challenges and new opponents.

Cyrus chuckles to himself as he scratches beneath his chin.

Cyrus Truth: So when I see guys like Willis, Showtime, NovaKain, and Shepard get their opportunities without having to prove themselves against a man like Surge, who’s done nothing but obliterate any and all opposition standing in his path, I get a bit twerked. Hell, I’ve yet to be pinned or made to submit since coming to High Voltage myself, and I don’t see any of these so-called “top guys” giving me any credit whatsoever. I’ve come to realize that, whether it’s PNH or that other federation, they’re scared to death of somebody like me or Surge ascending to the top. Now me, I have no real claim to any of the championships, despite being a champion. But Surge…like I’ve said before, he is the one who truly is in control of the direction of High Voltage, whether Van or Maxwell wants to admit it or not. He’s proven himself to be among the best by becoming the Ruler of the Ring, which means that Francis should be defending his World Title against my partner instead of that pretend nutjob NovaKain. On top of that, why is Jackson Sonik, a man who Surge brutally eviscerated, getting a shot at Old Man Shepard’s International Title while Surge is battling the Fully-Stoppable Newman? Either way, it matters not. Surge is not one to be denied for very long. So, until Surge gets his shot, I have a new goal in mind. I will personally make sure that no one else jumps the line in front of Surge towards either championship. And while I’m doing that, I will show each and every PNH fan that I too am more than capable enough of being recognized as a champion. In other words, that’s bad news for pretty much everyone on the roster. Don’t take it personally…after all, when I crush you, you wouldn’t have been the first and neither will you be the last.

Cyrus slides off the hood of the Cadillac and starts to walk around it, running his hand across the body of the rusted-out junker.

Cyrus Truth: Which brings me to my first target…Rich Stone. I can’t begin to tell you how often I hear from my fellow wrestlers, fans, people on the street…I hear them telling me that I’m practically a dead man walking. They all tell me about the terrible, horrible things that Rich Stone is going to do to me when he and I face off live on High Voltage. I’m reminded constantly that Rich Stone is a two-time World Champion, a master of mental warfare, and a brutal MMA-style submission specialist. They say he’s the standard bearer of High Voltage and that it’s just a matter of time before he reclaims his throne and wins his third World Title, and that I’m far from ready to face a man like him.

Cyrus stops in front of the driver side window. He pauses for a moment before kicking the window, shattering it. He then starts laying into the car with kicks at a feverish pace. Finally, after several seconds, he turns and faces the camera with a crazed look in his eyes.

Cyrus Truth: Do these people think I need to be afraid of Rich Stone?! That I should simply lie down because I have no chance of beating a man like him? Oh yes, I’ve seen what Stone can do in the ring since coming to High Voltage…I’ve watched the tapes and seen him rise to the top of professional wrestling and lay claim to the title of World Champion. I’ve seen him lead men in his vaunted Submission Coalition and bring about a reign of terror…and I’m still not impressed! These people telling me that I can’t beat Rich Stone…they’re the same kind of people I’ve beaten week after week since I’ve arrived to High Voltage. They talk about Rich Stone like he’s Wrestling Jesus…but the way I see it, the only reason he ever won a World Title in the first place is because I wasn’t around to stop him!

Cyrus takes a deep breath and exhales slowly. That familiar smirk crosses his lips as he speaks.

Cyrus Truth: Yes, I said it…if I was around when Stone was going for his first World Title, I would’ve been that one obstacle that would’ve stopped him dead in his tracks. Rich, while I may respect what you’ve been able to accomplish, I don’t hold it with the same reverence as some members of our locker room. I’ve said it on so many different occasions: I don’t show respect to those who don’t respect me and who haven’t proven they’re worthy of it. And Rich…guys like you have not shown any respect to me. Guys like you sit in their ivory towers and laugh at guys like me. However, unbeknownst to guys like you, guys like me with the resolve to prove why we are the truly deserving come armed with dynamite to knock you off those towers you erect for yourself. And trust me, Rich…I’ve demolished a lot of towers on my journey up and down the Long and Winding Road.

Cyrus takes a look at the wrecked Cadillac and points to it with his outstretched hand.

Cyrus Truth: You know, Rich…you remind me a lot of this Cadillac. Back in its day, it was a thing of beauty…one of the most spectacular vehicles to ever roll off the assembly line. The style, the capability, it was all fantastic. But now, as you can see, this once-proud vehicle is a shell of its former glory. Now you…you’ve had a great run. You’ve won two world titles in less than two years…an accomplishment that any man would be proud of. But I’m going to let you in on a little secret…those world titles you won? You didn’t win them in Pride N’ Honor, did you? You may have won them as a member of High Voltage, but that era is long gone. This is a new day…a new start for the High Voltage brand. This is Pride N’ Honor, and as far as I’m concerned, everything goes back to square one. That includes you. The way I see things, you’re just like this Cadillac...and just like it, you’re a relic of an old era. And what bothers me the most is that everyone looks at you and sees a perennial contender, whereas I see a man who’s little more than a rusted out, shell of himself. And the Truth is, you have to earn the right to call yourself contender. And last time you were given a chance to become the #1 Contender again without earning that right, you got beaten by a man who has made everybody believe that he’s insane. But I would argue that you should’ve never been given that chance in the first place, especially with a roster of men who’ve more than proven their worth when compared to you. Men like me bust their asses to get noticed, and you come back and get thrust right back into the main event scene. A busted Cadillac from an age long past like you has to prove that you’re still relevant, and you have to prove that you’re more worthy than I.

Cyrus runs his fingers through his hair as he slams his fist on the roof of the car.

Cyrus Truth: I’ve been on High Voltage for months now. And ever since I’ve gotten here, I’ve had to wait…and wait…and wait for a real chance to prove myself. I’ve had to claw and scrape for every opportunity that I’ve been given, and that’s not been many. But you return after losing your World Title on the biggest PPV of the year from an extended leave and you don’t have to prove anything? You just up and get back your spot at the top of the card without having to start at the bottom again? That is an insult to me…and it should be an insult to everybody on this roster who still waits for his chance to shine. So what this boils down to this, Rich…I’m going to remind you and everyone like you who believes they are entitled to be on the top just how dangerous those delusions of yours are. After all, if you don’t look out behind you and are only focused on what’s ahead, then a scorpion like me can just sneak up and sting you, leaving you a dead man.

Cyrus takes his fist and glances at it, noticing that he’s starting to bleed a little after slamming it into the car hood. Obviously he must’ve caught it on a sharp corner of metal. Surprisingly, The Exile starts to laugh.

Cyrus Truth: You see this, Rich? That’s blood on my hands. There’s been an awful lot of blood on these hands of mine…sometimes, my own. Other times, it’s my opponents’ blood. It’s a rather strange thing for a lot of people, seeing their hands bloodied. Me, it stirs something inside of me. It starts to get me thinking about battles fought in the past and wars yet to come. And the strangest thing of all…it gets me excited. It gets me anxious. It fuels my anticipation for my next fight. And trust me, Rich…I am so looking forward to this match of ours. I can’t wait to see the look on your face when I strike you with forearm shot after forearm shot. I can’t begin to express the sheer joy I’ll feel when I feel your shoulder pop out of its socket as you fall to your knees in pain. I can just imagine what the sound of your ribs cracking will be like as I take off from the top turnbuckle and hit the Nail in the Coffin right on your chest. And above all else, I can only imagine how sweet victory will taste as I lock you in the gory special and drive your head into the mat with Journey’s End for the one-two-three…or perhaps I go one better? Maybe instead I lock in the Long Road to Nowhere and make you submit amidst your screams of agony? Oh, Rich…you’ve no idea how badly I need this match, no idea how badly I need to face and defeat you! And not just you…everyone else who thinks they deserve a shot at championship gold without having to earn it, without having to sweat and bleed for it. I will not rest until these so-called “contenders” are nothing more than broken, mangled corpses alongside the Road, useful for nothing save as food for vultures.

Cyrus holds up his fist to the camera, the blood starting to trickle down.

Cyrus Truth: Tonight, the blood on my fist is my own. The next time there’s blood on these hands of mine, it will be yours, Rich Stone.

Cyrus lowers his fist as he leans against the wrecked Cadillac.

Cyrus Truth: And I’m sure that, as we speak, you’re completely disregarding me in every way, shape, and form. Instead, you’re probably sitting with that lovely wife of yours, complaining about being screwed out of the number one contendership. You’re probably insisting that you’re still the man in professional wrestling and how egregious it is that the great Rich Stone has to earn a championship opportunity in the first place. Lovely Victoria sits there at your side, nodding and smiling that beautiful smile of hers that probably stole your heart the first time you saw it. You’ll make some off-hand remark that you will dispose of me like yesterday’s garbage and go back to the main event where you believe with all your heart you belong. Hehehehe…you’ll ignore me, downplay how much of a threat I am, and try to convince yourself that you’re still the best in the world. And that lovely wife of yours will just sit there and agree with everything you say. Well…will she still agree with you after I tear you apart, limb from limb? Will she still stand by your claims of greatness when I leave you a bloodied wreck in the center of the ring? And most of all, will she flash that beautiful smile of hers when she hears the screams of “Mercy! Mercy!” come bellowing out of your lungs? If nothing else, Rich…I’d recommend keeping your wife at home instead of bringing her to ringside for our match. After all, nothing ruins an angelic face more than a look of pure, unadulterated terror at the sight of the man she loves being decimated by a man like me.

Cyrus stands up as he picks up what looks to be a rock from the ground.

Cyrus Truth: Socrates once said, “Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.” When we face each other, Rich…you’ll fully appreciate just how much Truth is in what Socrates said. On High Voltage, I’m going to hurt you. I’m going to break you. I’m going to subject you to pain unimaginable to the point where you will be begging for death’s sweet release. Not because I hold any personal grudges against you…I merely despise what you represent. I despise your attitude, your elitism, and your delusions of grandeur. And thus, I will be the one who crushes those delusions and force you to see the Truth with open eyes. You will be humbled…you will be made to see your own limitations right before I judge you. And though I am with sin myself, I will condemn you…and cast the first of many stones aimed to strike you and all those like you down into a sea of flames…

Cyrus turns and tosses the stone at one of the pole lights. The rock smashes the bulb into a cascade of sparks. All the other lights start to flicker as Cyrus stares daggers into the camera, his smirk looking even more insidious.

Cyrus Truth: The end is swiftly approaching for you, Rich…no, no…it’s far worse than that. The end is here. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

The lights in the junkyard suddenly go dark, enveloping the entire yard in complete darkness. The only thing that’s heard before the camera fades to static is the sound of Cyrus’s laugh, echoing throughout the piles of scraps and refuse

NEWB MOD

Status

Updated application.

Thread Information