Thread: 'New' Nexus

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Raw 'New' Nexus

So now that CM Punk has firmly taken control of the Nexus, what do you think is going to happen now? It clearly seems that there will be a Punk-Cena feud, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the group as a whole.
    What's going to happen with Barrett? Seems like he's headed to Smackdown, if what Big Show said on Raw is anything to go by.
    And also what does the future hold for Slater and Gabriel, seeing as how they didn't undertake Punk's New Nexus initiation?

Lots to ponder methinks!
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: 'New' Nexus

Raws Nexus vs.SDs Nexus would be awesome

A WINNER IS ME

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Raws Nexus vs.SDs Nexus would be awesome
    That would be great to see. Like NWO vs NWO Wolfpac.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I've been thinking about this myself ever since I heard that this was the coup. Two nexi, both of them heel as far as we know, but with CM Punk's version seeming even more mental and cultish than Wade's was, which is quite an achievement.

I get the feeling that they are likely to come to loggerheads, probably over the 'legacy' of the group and who has claim to it, though there's an outside chance that either Otunga will lead an attack on Smackdown again, or perhaps the Smackdown group will retaliate. The problem with a feud between the groups is that neither is particularly likable and both have done some awful things, so who do you back? I feel that they'll probably turn one group face, perhaps by someone from Raw or Smackdown going to the other brand's Nexus and trying to enlist their help. The thing is, who would? Both have a reputation for being ravenous and looking after their own (and Punk doesn't even really do the latter either).

Jobber

Status

Nexus vs Nexus I think would be sweet.... but Cena has to break away from it. If Nexus vs Nexus (with Cena gunning for Punk) then I think that would be dragging Cena on a bit.

I hope Cena starts fueding with The Miz, or Orton, or maybe the returning Triple H to lead up to Mania.

Vitamin A - I'm good 4 u!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    I feel that they'll probably turn one group face, perhaps by someone from Raw or Smackdown going to the other brand's Nexus and trying to enlist their help. The thing is, who would? Both have a reputation for being ravenous and looking after their own (and Punk doesn't even really do the latter either).
    If they do go down this route, I think it would be easier to turn the smackdown version face with the exception of Barrett (he's such a natural heel).

But can see this leading into some sort of survivor series matchup with both factions possibly gaining one or two more members.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

think it should be a heel vs. heel situation if they ever create a in ring rivalry between the two factions but that should be a long way off imo.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

What would be great, is if Slater/Angel/Jackson/Barrett came to a front with Otunga/Harris/Hennig/Punk, only to intersected by Danielson/Tarver/Young/Sheffield.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    What would be great, is if Slater/Angel/Jackson/Barrett came to a front with Otunga/Harris/Hennig/Punk, only to intersected by Danielson/Tarver/Young/Sheffield.
    Has a Triple Threat feud ever happened with factions/stables?

I have a few theories on where this can go, considering the events on SmackDown...

With Punk having pushed Barrett out of Nexus, he jumps to SmackDown attacks the biggest beast in the building and forms another, stronger (?) group to back him up and re-assert his dominance and prove to himself that he is indeed the leader he always assumed himself to be. Once he works through the issues caused by the betrayal of Nexus, he sees the error of his ways and realises that he's punishing all the wrong people, turns face, and sets his (and his new groups) sights on Punk and the betrayers.

Or...

Punk sent Barrett to SD to take over. He already mentioned that his sights are firmly set on the WWE as a whole, not just Raw, and given that was always Barrett's original plan a little backroom scheming isn't out of the question. Making it look like two separate groups lessens the response on the part of each shows roster, as they can't see the real danger that's headed their way.

Or...

It's all off the cuff and has no real direction at all and will fizzle out and a month or so.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I quite like your ideas, Rai. My thought is that they'll probably shoehorn Cena into this, but the thought of him helping out Punk or Barrett is anathaema to me at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    I'm really not sure that it would be great for Dragon to be put back with some of the worst scrubs going in the WWE when he's doing so well on his own.

Basic B*tches

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Has a Triple Threat feud ever happened with factions/stables
    Los Boricuas led by Savio Vega vs. The Disciples of Apocalypse led by Crush vs. Nation of Domination led by Faarooq. Vega and Crush were former Nation members.

I like Wade Barrett's crew a lot better right now.. Zeke is decent as the muscle and I always thought Gabriel and Slater made a decent team.

- W * G * M -

Sweet Meat

Status

Why do people think there's a feud on the horizon? Chances are, they will be two different entities with occasional digs at the other and maybe a brief stand off in the Rumble.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Los Boricuas led by Savio Vega vs. The Disciples of Apocalypse led by Crush vs. Nation of Domination led by Faarooq. Vega and Crush were former Nation members.
    Which was easily the worst feud of the year.

I don't mind there being two Nexus faction, but keep them apart. With only four men per group, each member has a better chance of standing out than in the previous full Nexus group. If you're not going to have the members stand out, you might as well release or sent them back to FCW.

Thread Information