Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Wrestling Stories

Underdog

Status

Crazy Wrestling Stories

Iv heard alot of good things from several wrestling books like ring of hell, death of wcw, but always suspicious how true the storys are

what are some of the most crazy/mean/surreal/etc whatever stories you heard from wrestling history in books or anything else, and ones that have a legit source or that seem real

here's a couple i heard, not sure if there real

-hogan praised benoit backstage after match 6 or 7 with booker tv on nitro, then procedded to go back with nash in the dressing room and put him down, benoit overheard but said nothing

-the first nitro was in a mall because hogan was opening a store there and never wanted to travel, so wcw lost alot of money on ticket sales

-austin refused to put over hhh at summerslam 99, mankind was put into the match, won, then hhh beat mankind the following night so austin never jobbed

Fire and blood

Status

Re: Crazy Wrestling Stories

Reading Bret Hart and Shawn Michael's book over the Christmas holidays (read them back to back, it's fantastic) I've heard quite a few stories. Some of my favourites were the way Bret tried to keep the illusion of wrestling being very real, such as with his match against Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 8. At the time, blading was not allowed in the WWF, but he and Piper knew that they needed blood to really put the match over the edge (and they were right). So he had to make it look accidental and managed to convince everyone backstage that he got busted open hard way.

Interesting, later that night Flair would try the same trick and get caught and fined for blading.

A WINNER IS ME

Status

I heard that Triple H didn't want to put over Booker T at WM 19 because Triple H didn't feel he was "ready" enough to take the title from him.

I also heard in Eric Bishoff's book that he thought of DX as a watered down version of NWO.

Edit: In an interview with Chris Jericho, I heard him and Goldberg got into a fight. Here is a video about it,

YouTube - Chris Jericho talks about the real Fight against Goldberg
    Last edited by WWTNA; 01-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Underdog

Status

well dx was kind of a rip off of nwo, think about it

and doesn't surprise me about hhh, i was reading bret harts book and hhh was clearly a prick, did you know him and shawn put "turds" in sunny's dinner bag once, they were clearly playing politics and were jealous of anyone who was over

A WINNER IS ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    well dx was kind of a rip off of nwo, think about it

and doesn't surprise me about hhh, i was reading bret harts book and hhh was clearly a prick, did you know him and shawn put "turds" in sunny's dinner bag once, they were clearly playing politics and were jealous of anyone who was over
    The Kliq always ribbed somebody backstage. Nothing new. I also heard that Xpac took a dump in Sable's bag. Nothing like a surprise in your bag with shit in it!

People's Champion

Status

Actually, no, I don't think DX was an nWo knockoff myself, they just came out after...and were the best faction outside of the nWo IMO.

nWo had the MONSTER heel turn of Hogan, and two bigger guys who were outsiders coming into the company.

DX went at it a different way with established stars, that took it to the man(Vince). DX never really "took over" the WWE like nWo did either IMO.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Basic B*tches

Status

are there going to be sources posted in here or is this just fantasy fiction? I'd just like to know where the stories are coming from.

- W * G * M -

Underdog

Status

just stories from wrestling books or shoots, or whatever, just don't post something thats so bizarre and stupid that no way in hell it could be true

Underdog

Status

i think the idea of dx did come from hall/nash in wcw, think about it, 2 members of the cliq turn "cool bad guy", then the other 2 members in wwe do the same thing

yes they were different in a way, but i think the idea did come from wcw, same goes for bischoff, vince made himself a character after bischoff did, vince did steal alot of stuff from wcw/ecw that made the attitude era work for him, not that there's anything wrong with it, i just think he has trouble admitting it and do wwe fanboys

hey wcw stole from ecw also, thats business, but atleast admit it, and vince is not the genuis that people make him out to be, if anybody is its heyman

Intercontinental Champion

Status

nWo was a stable. DX was a stable. DX came after nWo, but it does not mean that DX ripped off the nWo. DX was far edgier, did not try to take over the WWE and was kept small.

Anyway, the craziest rumours I have heard are from the wrestling urban legends. I am sure a few of you have read them on here. None of them have been proven true, but they are hilarious. My favourite was that one wrestler hired a prostitute to shit on a glass table while he laid underneath. The Rock n' Roll Express walked in. One walked out in disgust. The other stayed and watched.

Google "Wrestling Urban Legends" to find them all.

A WINNER IS ME

Status

i think the idea of dx did come from hall/nash in wcw, think about it, 2 members of the cliq turn "cool bad guy", then the other 2 members in wwe do the same thing

yes they were different in a way, but i think the idea did come from wcw, same goes for bischoff, vince made himself a character after bischoff did, vince did steal alot of stuff from wcw/ecw that made the attitude era work for him, not that there's anything wrong with it, i just think he has trouble admitting it and do wwe fanboys

hey wcw stole from ecw also, thats business, but atleast admit it, and vince is not the genuis that people make him out to be, if anybody is its heyman
    I believe Vince stole alot of ideas from WCW. People say he didn't even pay attention to WCW Nitro at the time but thats bullshit. WCW was big at the time, bigger than WWE/F so Vince had to be worried a little by them.

As for Paul Heyman being a genius, he is in some ways. I don't agree with the way he ran ECW, but he seems like he can run TNA the "right" way if Dixie gives him a chance.

YouTube - Paul Heyman Shoots on TNA and Threatens TNA Legends!

People's Champion

Status

Noone said Vince was a genius, or that nWo and WCW didn't precipitate the move to a ton of factions in the WWE...but I still won't say that DX was the nWo in the WWE.

Two different concepts IMO.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Underdog

Status

advocate are u assuming dx was better than the nwo, nwo was the major reason wcw overtook the monster for 2 years, yes it did get stupid, but the first 18 months was one of the best if not the best storyline of all time

it was edgy, they were doing things nobody saw before, taking over announce table, spraypainting, they changed wrestling forever and sparked the monday night wars, looking at the impact nwo was far more better than dx

dx was just a normal stable that was edgy, nwo had the epic hogan heel turn and was much more than a small stable, they came to kill wcw, it was genuis stuff fueding with sting leading up to starrcade

Intercontinental Champion

Status

advocate are u assuming dx was better than the nwo, nwo was the major reason wcw overtook the monster for 2 years, yes it did get stupid, but the first 18 months was one of the best if not the best storyline of all time

it was edgy, they were doing things nobody saw before, taking over announce table, spraypainting, they changed wrestling forever and sparked the monday night wars, looking at the impact nwo was far more better than dx

dx was just a normal stable that was edgy, nwo had the epic hogan heel turn and was much more than a small stable, they came to kill wcw, it was genuis stuff fueding with sting leading up to starrcade
    Where did I assume that DX was better than the nWo?

Yes, the nWo was edgy, but it was still PG.

You are arguing to me why nWo was better. But you have not shown how DX was a rip off. Two completely different things.

People's Champion

Status

I did in my first post.

No MONSTER heel turn. No "outsiders" or Bigs in DX.

I don't know how it's the same, except for a couple of big stars in DX, and Six-Pac/X-Pac being in both.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A WINNER IS ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Where did I assume that DX was better than the nWo?

Yes, the nWo was edgy, but it was still PG.

You are arguing to me why nWo was better. But you have not shown how DX was a rip off. Two completely different things.
    IDK how you assumed DX was better than the NWO. You are right about DX and NWO being different. DX never took over a company nor did they establish there group as a second company so I see no comparison between them. If thats the case, The Hart Foundation in 1997 was a rip-off of The Four Horseman which is laughably untrue.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WWTNA View Post
    IDK how you assumed DX was better than the NWO. You are right about DX and NWO being different. DX never took over a company nor did they establish there group as a second company so I see no comparison between them. If thats the case, The Hart Foundation in 1997 was a rip-off of The Four Horseman which is laughably untrue.
    No, I didn't say you said DX was better than nWo, you said noone had said how they were different, and that's why I said I did in my first post.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A WINNER IS ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    No, I didn't say you said DX was better than nWo, you said noone had said how they were different, and that's why I said I did in my first post.
    Nah man, I was talking about Chucky when he said that Advacade said DX was better than NWO. IDK how when he said DX and NWO were different.

aka badguy

Status

DX and nWo were two different groups. Yes DX and nWo had members from the Clique in them, that created the two, but in no way shape or form was DX and nWo the same or one the rip-off of the other.

nWo was more about taking over WCW, that was nWo's aim, to take over the company and at times you might as well say they did. nWo also had 40+ members in the group, each week to a month a new member would join the nWo... nWo in its own way was another promotion type group, especially when they split into two groups (Hollywood and Wolfpac).

DX was more about rebelling against the company, not trying to take over it, DX was about two guys (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) who weren't happy with how the company was run and how they seemingly always got in trouble with authority, they had enough and started rebelling against the then-WWF commisioners and Vince McMahon. DX was also a faction, not like nWo, they pretty much stuck with the same core group of people throughout its history. From October 1997 until Michaels left on March 29, 1998, DX was Michaels, Hunter and Chyna (with Rick Rude being apart of it up until the Screwjob), then when Michaels left, Hunter took charge and changed the group into somewhat of a DX Army, recruiting long-time friend X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws, that DX stayed the same until May 1999, when Gunn I think got hurt, leaving it to X-Pac and Road Dogg. But DX always stayed with the same core group of guys, never did they go out and recruit new members (ok only Tori), but they unlike nWo didn't change there line-up.

nWo was always changing, DX stayed the same. nWo went from June 1996 until April 2000 with so many change ups, DX stuck with only a few from September 1997 until August of 2000. nWo in a way was the cancer to WCW, as so many put it. DX, was the saviour alongside Stone Cold and The Rock in turning WWE around and making it defeat WCW.

There are a few comparisons between the two groups, but DX and nWo are two different factions in there own right. NWO was all about taking over WCW, DX was about causing controversy and trying to rebel against the authority that was Vince and his Corporation.

As for X-Pac being the only wrestler to be apart of both, Rick Rude is the other, as he was apart of DX at the beginning until he left a week after the Montreal incident in disgust with how it was portrayed. (And Shawn Michaels would be apart of WWE's nWo in 2002).

Thanks to Troy.

^ this and the avatar thanks to BenWah

Underdog

Status

they might be two different groups, but i think the nwo is what sparked the attitude era, it forced vince to go more edgy, so he did dx among other things, without the nwo there would be no attitude era, we probably would not have seen the whole dx thing if not for wcw taking over the ratings

so while they are different nwo did have an impact starting dx

Thread Information