Page 1 of 33 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SuperStars Discussion Thread

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Superstar The Official SuperStars Discussion Thread

Every Thursday evening WWE presents us with SuperStars. While the show itself is not jam-packed with names from the top of the card; rarely featuring a current Main Eventer, it does offer quality in-ring action week in, week out. Often providing some of (if not) the best matches on WWE TV week to week, it's mainstays in Curt Hawkins, Chris Masters, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Goldust, and many more often pull out some fantastic moments of wrestling gold, purely for the sake of delivering intense action for the fans.

Watch it. Love it. Talk about it in here.

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Re: The Official SuperStars Discussion Thread

Ladies Night
    Two former Divas Champions will face off on Thursday night when the gorgeous Eve takes on the vicious Alicia Fox. Which sexy, smart and powerful Diva will reign supreme on "WWE Superstars"?

Settling The Score
    The arrogant Curt Hawkins and his talented rival Trent Barreta have traded victories on "WWE Superstars" in the past few weeks. But which Superstar will come out on top in the heated, third bout on Thursday night?

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Brands Battle
    Yoshi Tatsu returned to WWE Superstars to take on the menacing Drew McIntyre, who comes off a loss to WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov. Could The Cardiac Kid wow the WWE Universe with a win, or did the "Chosen One" prevail?

Redwood Original

Status

That could be a pretty good match. I'm not a big WWE guy, and I'm even less of a McIntyre fan, but Yoshi actually entertains me. He's so into it when he's in the ring that he really makes you care, and mixing that with the seemingly doesn't care at all McIntyre and you have an interesting bit of programming in my most humble of opinions. Is this the only match scheduled, or is there to be another one upcoming sir?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    simple logic is sometimes the hardest thing for smart people

In Defense of Capitalism.
    The Lesson Of the Pencil
    Economics of Liberty
    The Real Che
    The real Che would not like your t-shit, or Jay Z singing about him... he'd kill you for it.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    ~Thomas Jefferson"
    Spoiler:

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I agree with HH3 that this could be a very interesting pairing - it's certainly not one that I would have dreamt up, but therein lies the charm of Superstars. I quite like Tatsu's verve and enthusiastic performances too; with luck, he won't just be fed to McIntyre.

There's one other match that's happening but hasn't been announced on the site, as far as I'm aware. I'll spoiler tag it for those interested:

Spoiler:

Darren Young vs. Zack Ryder

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

The only match announced for this week's Superstars is the following:

Beth Phoenix teams with Kelly Kelly to take on Lay-Cool in tag team action. Which sexy, smart and powerful Diva duo will reign supreme on "WWE Superstars"?

However, there are set to be two other matches on the card -

David Hart Smith faces off against Long Island's favourite son, Zack Ryder - and the unusual tag team of Yoshi Tatsu and Darren Young are up against the Usos.

Will you be looking forward to any of the three bouts on offer tonight?

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HH3 View Post
    That could be a pretty good match. I'm not a big WWE guy, and I'm even less of a McIntyre fan, but Yoshi actually entertains me. He's so into it when he's in the ring that he really makes you care, and mixing that with the seemingly doesn't care at all McIntyre and you have an interesting bit of programming in my most humble of opinions. Is this the only match scheduled, or is there to be another one upcoming sir?
    It was certainly an enjoyable match I thought, and I have very similar feelings on the pair as you do. Drew seems uninterested and bored and I dislike him, not for his heelish ways, but for his apparent lack of motivation to do anything. Meanwhile, Tatsu is like the ball in a a pinball machine 24/7 and a joy to watch.

That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    The only match announced for this week's Superstars is the following:

Beth Phoenix teams with Kelly Kelly to take on Lay-Cool in tag team action. Which sexy, smart and powerful Diva duo will reign supreme on "WWE Superstars"?

However, there are set to be two other matches on the card -

David Hart Smith faces off against Long Island's favourite son, Zack Ryder - and the unusual tag team of Yoshi Tatsu and Darren Young are up against the Usos.

Will you be looking forward to any of the three bouts on offer tonight?
    I really feel like Superstars is getting spanked by WWE for daring to offer a wrestling product superior to anything being offered up elsewhere in the company. Like, how dare that little show be entertaining?

kiss the ring

Status

The show has just really gone downhill since Masters stopped being a regular.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

You may be glad to hear that he's on this week's episode, Steve:

PECS VS. REKS

Pure strength meets raw aggression when Chris Masters takes on X-factor Tyler Reks on "WWE Superstars."

Other matches on the card are:

- Yoshi Tatsu & Darren Young vs. The Usos.

- David Hart Smith vs. William Regal.

People's Champion

Status

That actually looks like a little damn entertaining show.

Always been a fan of Superstars, and up till recently, they consistently put on a good, wrestling centric, program.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

People's Champion

Status

The Regal/DH Smith match was really good last night.

I really like the way that Regal just attacked, and focused on DH Smith's left knee, and DH really sold it, even collapsing on a pin playing it like his knee gave out.

Really fun match to watch, as I expect from Regal these days.
    Last edited by Drew; 12-31-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Evil Admin.

Status

Regal vs Smith was really good. Smith's selling of the left leg went beyond just grabbing it a few times throughout the match. Instead, it actually affected his strategy. First, it was being unable to keep the bridge after the Northern Lights Suplex then he failed to keep Regal on his shoulders for the running body slam. Due to those failures, he failed to notice Regal's knee trembler to lose the match. That's just great booking for a match that barely anyone even saw.

It's a shame Regal hasn't done much since ECW's demise. He's had one of the best forgotten matches of the year against Christian on Superstars way back in January. Yet, the guy is lucky to get 5 minutes on Raw.

No Aunt Bethany...

Status

I marked the f*** out when Regal won. I didn't read the spoilers this week, and I knew DH beat Ryder last week. So when I saw the match, I was like,"Well this should be pretty good, even though it will just end with Regal putting over Smith." Then he hit the knee and pinned him and I flipped out. I still can't believe it. I wish they would let him win with the Regal Stretch instead, but a win is a win for him, and he doesn't get many these days.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah guys, it was pretty cool, and it was much better than the other matches, and probably should have Main Evented IMO.

Like I and Jim both said, DH Smith really sold the leg, much better than I thought he could, and it just made the finish that much better for me.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Evil Admin.

Status

Despite the great selling, I'm fully expecting Smith to be released next. Being buried on Raw, not wrestling on Raw in weeks and losing to Regal on Superstars? I wouldn't be putting any down payments on a house anytime soon if I was Smith.

No Aunt Bethany...

Status

Yeah, at first when he started selling the leg(at the time I was expecting him to just come back and win), I didn't think much of it. But then when he kept selling it and the layout of the match began to revolve around that which lead to Regal capitalizing for the win, it really made me sit back and appreciate what I had just witnessed. But I agree with Jim on DH being one of the next people to be let go.

People's Champion

Status

Well that sucks, I thought he was the better wrestler out of him and Tyson Kidd(or at least showed that way when they wrestled each other).

I can't say that I disagree with you guys because of the way they've handled him...but I'm not sure why.

Do ya'll have any insight, like is he lacking in the Mic/Personality department, or am I seeing something in the ring that's not really there or what?
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Evil Admin.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Do ya'll have any insight, like is he lacking in the Mic/Personality department, or am I seeing something in the ring that's not really there or what?
    Tyson was the better worker and talker, but Smith was fine in the ring. The WWE gave Smith a chance and because he failed to get huge support with mediocre booking, they're ready to move on to someone else. This happens all the time.

Backyarder

Status

I'm getting a bit bored with Darren Young now, he won a match, and he always faces the same people. Regal or The Usos.

I noticed that Regal has won most of his recent matches, and ashamed of WWE with the way they book him. DH vs Regal was good, the selling as mentioned took the cheese for me.

I'll Write Your Name

Status

a rare thing happened this morning. I caught a bit of Superstars.

Young is slowly improving, and the Uso's are damn good for two people with less than two years experience under them. I feel bad for Yoshi, the end of ECW really halted all his momentum.

Regal/Smith was good, Smith really isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I know people like Regal, but this is what he's good at, schooling the younger members of the roster in ring.

Thread Information