Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC's 2010 PPV of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread ‎

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

WC's 2010 PPV of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread ‎

A new award for 2010, discuss what you feel have been the better PPV's of the year

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Re: WC's 2010 PPV of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread ‎

ROH's The Big Bang was great aside from the no show that caused the awful lucha tag to go last. Glory by Honor IX was solid at best with two awesome matches in KOW/WGTT and the chain match. Main event was terrible, though. Extreme Rules was pretty good, as was Night of Champions.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Fire and blood

Status

I really really liked the Royal Rumble.

Good match between Christian/Zeke; decent match between Sheamus and Orton that is marred by the finish; awesome Rey/Taker match; a divas match that didn't take up too much time; a very very fun Royal Rumble match. Nothing really to dislike about it that I can remember.

Don't know if it will win, but I really liked it. Will have to rewatch Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules, and catch Big Bang/GBH IV (although the two matches I saw on that were excellent).

For Extreme Rules, I remember Rey/Punk being very good, and loving Sheamus/HHH, and the main event was also very good. Swagger/Orton was alright, but can't remember much else about it. Wrestlemania had the epic main event, the very good Batista/Cena match, but not a whole lot else.
    Last edited by Shock; 11-26-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Probably either The Big Bang or Death Before Dishonor VIII.

The Big Bang had great matches in Davey/King, Steenorino vs Generico/Cabana, KOW/Briscoes and Tyler/Aries/Strong, as well as one of my genuine MTFO moments when Generico finally attacked Steen.

Death Before Dishonor VIII had a great main event (though very overrated, I'd say) in Tyler/Davey, as well as the first ever Steen vs Generico match in ROH (also a very awesome match) and one of my tag MOTYCs, KOW vs Briscoes No DQ.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #4. Brutal Burgers vs. RD Evans & Moose - Field Of Honor
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fire and blood

Status

Oh crap, I got DBD and Big Bang mixed up. It's DBD that I've seen two matches for that I really loved, so I think I'll watch the rest of that and Big Bang.

We are not really here

Status

Fatal-4-Way was an awesome PPV. That and Money in the Bank were two of my favourites from 2010. Some very good matches, but some bad matches as well that might take a bit of a vote

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

GMT Admin

Status

Agreed, I thought Money in the Bank was an enjoyable ppv

Evil Admin.

Status

I'm sure if I watched them, I'd choose either of the ROH iPPV's. Hell, even the last DGUSA iPPV or PPV could be better than any of the mainstream PPV's.

Without seeing them, the only one that has a good amount to offer was Wrestlemania. The MOTY with Michaels vs Taker, really good matches in Sheamus/Hunter, Mysterio/Punk and Batista/Cena. Even the first few matches that barely got any time was at least fun.

kiss the ring

Status

I think the ROH iPPVs are really overated.

Extreme Rules was probably the best all round show this year. Two of the best WWE matches of the year from two of the best feuds of the year (Rey vs Punk and Cena vs Batista), rock solid undercard, good Swagger/Orton match and just generally overall a well-booked show.

HIPSTER MOD

Status

^ DBD VIII was overrated, and GBH IX had a few highlights, but I thought the Big Bang was great. The only big flaw was a scheduling issue not on the part of an ROH contracted talent.

-------
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    -------
    Nicky was right.

SICK BEATS

Status

I've watched a grand total of 4 PPVs this year (the WWE big four), so I'm not in the best position to judge this or the worst PPV category, but of the ones I've seen, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania were both pretty good. 'Mania just abit better.

Evil Admin.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I think the ROH iPPVs are really overated.

Extreme Rules was probably the best all round show this year. Two of the best WWE matches of the year from two of the best feuds of the year (Rey vs Punk and Cena vs Batista), rock solid undercard, good Swagger/Orton match and just generally overall a well-booked show.
    Extreme Rules was good, but it felt like everything besides Mysterio/Punk was a step down from Wrestlemania. Swagger vs Orton, Miz/Show matches, Shad/JTG and McCool/Beth (Admittedly fun Wrestlecrap) was all trash though.

kiss the ring

Status

How were they trash? Swagger vs Orton was rock solid and made both guys look good, the tag match was meh but it was fine for storyline purposes, Shad/JTG was like 5 minutes and pretty decent for what it was. I also prefered Cena/Batista to their WM match, but I guess thats just me.

Evil Admin.

Status

Swagger/Orton was dull as shit before the babyface comeback. Despite it being an Extreme Rules match, it didn't even come close to doing anything hardcore. The finish made Orton look like a joke losing so cleanly to a midcard heel who wasn't even going to be in the main event much longer. The tag match deal should have been done on Raw the week before. Why would anyone want to pay to see a series of number 1 contender matches with the title change happening the next night on Raw? Shad vs JTG was lifeless. Just a paint by numbers strap match for a match that no one cared about. After the show, Shad was removed from TV and JTG just became a lowcarder.

I forgot to mention, but Edge/Jericho was just as bad as their Wrestlemania match. Such a lame feud resulting in two pathetic PPV matches.

Batista/Cena was really good though. However, having to work a last man standing match is already making it hard to enjoy it. It's becoming my least favorite match type. Being just a normal match, I was able to enjoy their Mania match more.

God

Status

I didnt watch the Lucha tag so my vote goes to the Big Bang as a result since everything else on the card was pretty great. HardCORE Justice had such low expectations and yet has probably been the best TNA PPV of the year. For WWE, I think it's really only Wrestlemania that can be considered, everything else had something pretty awful on it and not enough good to cancel it out.

Do PWG count or is it strictly a PPV only deal? If it's only PPV's then their should really be a show of the year award aswell.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

ಠ_ಠ

Status

NJPW Destruction PPV and by landslide I say. Last Five matches are some of the best this year and are just great. I am uploading the last five right now but this would be it for me. I haven't even checked the undercard yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

kiss the ring

Status

Nah there were plenty of WWE PPVs this year better.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Outside of Mania, I can't think of anyone of them. Had a great Makabe match(And I dislike the guy), Nakamura vs. Goto was really really good, Shiozaki & Aoki vs. Nagata & Kanemoto is probably my favorite match this year, Tanahashi & Naito had a great great match, and Omega & Ibushi vs. Apollo 55 was awesome. As I have said, I haven't watched the lower card but that is already more than half the ppv. I don't see how it couldn't win this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Covered in Blood

Status

I would say Final Battle or Extreme Rules. If the second half of TLC hadn't completely fell off the face of the earth I would have nominated that as well.

HIPSTER MOD

Status

I'm in Final Battle right now. The opener was surprisingly great, so we are off to a good start so far.

-------
    -------
    Nicky was right.

Thread Information