Thread: WC's 2010 Babyface of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

WC's 2010 Babyface of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss who you feel are the better babyfaces in the world of wrestling

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: WC's 2010 Babyface of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Probably either El Generico for his betrayed underdog that needs to get fired up again deal, or Bryan Danielson for his quiet "Miz needs to stop fucking up his lines while telling me I have no personality" deal.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett - Wrestling's Finest
    #4. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

John Cena, Randy Orton, or Davey Richards. The fans have now fully embraced these guys and you can say that most of their fans have a "emotional connection" to them. Cena's proof is his recent loss or happenings over the last couple of months with the fans even starting a "Never Give Up" chant. Orton's absence from being a hero for nearly 5 years was meant with open arms and lead to months of the fans eating up whatever Orton did. Unlike Cena, I highly doubt he will lose it. Richards has become the sole golden boy of ROH and fans are nearly foaming at the mouth for a title win for him. Getting over by sheer workrate is pretty easy in the indies but staying on that level with the fans sheer glee at your name being on the card is hard to argue against. He repped(Sp?) The American Flag in Canada and still did not get booed for pete sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Basic B*tches

Status

Either John Cena or Daniel Bryan. Cena has had some of the best babyface promos in a long time.. and he's always solid in the ring.. Bryan has been a tremendous babyface wrestler this year and I would probably vote for him for wrestler of the year at this point.

Fire and blood

Status

For me, it has to be Cena. Everything, as far as storylines and emotion, that he's touched this year has turned to gold. His epic stuff with Batista (which was a lot to do with Batista's wonderful heel character), the Nexus storyline, his feud with Sheamus. He's been in some very emotionally compelling angles this year.

kiss the ring

Status

Cena is currently at Steamboat levels of babyface-ishness. No one else has had the fans as emotionally invested in them as him.

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status

Cena has been a terriffic face this year. He's had great feuds with Batista, Sheamus, and Nexus. He definitely played the role of the anti-Nexus well; if anything, the Nexus storyline may have raised his game.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

Covered in Blood

Status

Cena and Danielson are the only possible choices, in my opinion. Orton gets tons of cheers but hasn't really done anything outstandingly heroic, which is kind of the point of his character, but is also something that disqualifies him from this for me. Smackdown doesn't really have any really good baby faces which is one of their biggest problems IMO. If we're including Japan then Prince Devitt should be given a mention at least.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

The best thing about Orton is that he isn't insanely heroic or a cookie cutter face like a John Cena(Not a insult). He is fighting for himself and he is his own man. He does what he needs to do to survive or establish dominance whether that is Punting Jericho into a different country or trying to eliminate the one negative dynamic in his match in other beloved babyface John Cena. Austin wasn't heroic and that made his character freaking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Covered in Blood

Status

I definitely like that about Orton, I just wouldn't nominate him for this. His cold, neutral demeanor can also go from smooth and bad ass to monotonous, tiresome, and unfitting when he's given something poor to say.

Evil Admin.

Status

How can Cena be considered when he gets booed at nearly every arena? I don't care if he has a ton of fans cheering for him as well, but as long as he has the boos (Virtually the only thing a face shouldn't have) he can't be considered as the top face. Hardly a Steamboat-like face.

Without seeing much of Generico, I'd probably say Orton. Once he turned face, the guy was getting some great face reactions.

I've Still Got It!

Status

This goes to Orton for the insane crowd reactions he has gotten since he turned full face. Cena as Jim said gets a boatload of cheers but also a boatload of jeers, so he loses out to Orton in this.
    Get that trash out of here!

Redwood Original

Status

Kurt Angle. There are plenty of Angle haters around here, but he had a good year, and consistently got crowd reaction. And my problem with WWE is no faces stick out for me other than Cena, who as Jim has mentioned gets bood a hell of a lot to be the best face. Maybe the top draw, but not the best face. Angle gets cheered when they want him to be cheered, and bood when they want him to be bood... So that's my pick.

(Anderson did a hell of a job in my estimation of turning into a face in TNA. He gets the best reaction of any wrestler there right now too I think... maybe even as good as most reactions I see in the WWE. Pope also does well with reaction as a face, but i dunno.. I think he'd be a better heel.)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    simple logic is sometimes the hardest thing for smart people

In Defense of Capitalism.
    The Lesson Of the Pencil
    Economics of Liberty
    The Real Che
    The real Che would not like your t-shit, or Jay Z singing about him... he'd kill you for it.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    ~Thomas Jefferson"
    Spoiler:

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

In an arena where people cheer heels and boo faces, even if the heels are being utter cocks, Mr. Anderson is still cheered the most vociferously of most individuals I've seen. He's had a great face turn that has recently regained its meaning and intensity, but I'm not sure that I could nom him, since for at least a third of the year, he was a great heel instead.

I'm going to go for Cena. He's still got booers, but to hell with them, he's done more to engage crowds this year than many people have done in an age. He really stepped it up and went from some G-d-awful promos to really bringing the emotion and intensity.

SICK BEATS

Status

For pure consistancy, I'm going with Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton.

Fire and blood

Status

Rey would probably be my second choice come to think of it. Has been in some really good feuds this year again, and always gets the fans solidly behind him. His promo work also improved a lot in the early part of the year.

aka badguy

Status

Randy Orton... The guy is extremely over, the fans always seem to love his character and I have enjoyed what I have seen of Orton, so far Face of the Year more so than Mysterio (and yes I admit, most of that is due to the dislike of Mysterio lol).

Thanks to Troy.

^ this and the avatar thanks to BenWah

Is Awesome

Status

Rey is the only face that I can think of that couldn't ever go heel..it just wouldn't work so he gets my vote

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Three people in my consideration are Mysterio, Cena, and Generico. It's a toss up between them.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

HOF Thing Is Fucking BS

Status

No way! Gotta be Pope!
    REPRESENTING THE ARGENTINA SINCE 16/05/2014THOSE

King Of WrestlingClique 2013
    KOWC 2014 Coming to a forum near you very soon.... I think... Ask Nicky

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Maybe it's the generation gap I have with people on some forums probably not here, I say this site has a great value of intelligent members in every section of the forum but a little frustrated let me tell you the story. As you know I'm apart of a shit load of forums and one of them seems to be in chaos. You have a Owner who barely is on the site these days, and only made one Global Moderator for the forum. It seems the chaos has gotten so bad members mostly younger members are using racist and gay slurs to their answers in debate. Legit I saw three threads where members put f***** and that's it. Yesterday I rage over these members I basically told them to stop that, it gives no value to what you're saying in a post. No one will take you seriously if you using such words just to say it. Shoot even the sb is a jungle full of chaos with the same situation. I came to the G-Mod and said hey you're in charge of this forum, you let shit go under the rug why did I say that? Well last week a member came into my LD for Impact and spoiled the whole show for most people. I went in the sb for the forum and said hey man this guy is fucking up the experience for people in the sb can you do something. He pretty much knew this member and told me he's done this before so I'm thinking it took me to say something for you to act? Also a month ago I had a problem with a member named Nero where randomly out of no where he puts racist pics of Hispanic doing crimes, eating Tacos etc! I was like one I never talked about this guy the purpose of this. Again this G-Mod knew about his antics as well as Puls3 the Admin. A month before this I told the Admin he was a problem putting down new members left and right. Thank God I screencaped his actions and he hasn't been there since. Okay now back to the Global Mod I took it twitter and told the guy straight up you don't act because you love the slurping of your dick from members. He's doesn't want to mend fences pretty much and besides setting up a league for the forum for WWE 2k14 he does nothing for the forum. Now I want to talk to Puls3 personally because his rules are being broken left and right and his staff in charge is doing nothing by joining in the fun. I have a plan to get two or three other staff members who I think will be fair and firm when needed should I talk to him. I know I'm taking it seriously but I love this forum like I love this forum and I don't want it to be spoiled like Milk you feel me? Also on twitter and on the forum a bunch of little kids came to box with me when I was speaking my mind and I told them grow some hair on your chest before talking to me lol

Spoiler:

Thread Information