Thread: WC's 2010 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

WC's 2010 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss who you feel have been the better wrestlers in 2010

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: WC's 2010 Wrestler of the Year Ongoing Discussion Thread

Chris Hero. He's excelled in singles and tag matches and is one of the most charismatic and best promo-cutters in wrestling today. He's had great matches with Tyler, Generico, Ikuto Hidaka and Bobby Fish, as well as other reportedly great ones I plan on seeing soon, and in KOW against WGTT, The Briscoes, MCMG. Even in his midcard matches, he puts on good enough performances.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #4. Brutal Burgers vs. RD Evans & Moose - Field Of Honor
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

http://wrestlingclique.com/general-p...-new-year.html

That pretty much sums it up. While I think Richards has a chance at beating Chris Hero for it, Hero all the freaking way. He finally figured out himself and everything is now easily coming together for him in matches. Some people have overrated some of his stuff but even then, you can't deny this guy for the award(Well I hope).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Basic B*tches

Status

Daniel Bryan. He hasn't had a bad match all year and he's worked a variety of different opponents and styles. He's put on 3 or 4 very good PPV matches as well.

kiss the ring

Status

I think Bryan is slightly ahead of Hero right now, but it's certainly a two horse race between them for me.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

How so, Steve? Excluding the stellar Dragon Gate Matches Danielson has done that haven't seen the light of day yet, I think he has been very silent this year outside of his return to the WWE. He didn't comeback until August to tear it up and Hero has been solid(Understatement) all year.
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

kiss the ring

Status

Danielson has been pretty much excellent in everything he's done wether it was short matches with greenhorns on NXT or main event epics. The combination of his initial WWE run (carrying the show), his awesome stuff on the indy scene (wXw shoot-style matches, the Kingston match, the Fish match, etc) and his current streak of awesome PPV matches against a variety of different styled opponents is pretty impressive. I'm a big Hero supporter, but his best work doesn't have the variety of Danielson's this year. That and Hero in ROH is only so-so to me.

Covered in Blood

Status

Hero, Danielson, Claudio. If Christian hadn't gotten injured I'd give him a nomination. While I agree that Hero's ROH work hasn't been as good as his work in PWG or Evolve, for example, his KOW work with Claudio was excellent. While Danielson is the bright, shining beacon in the WWE right now, he hasn't been terrific all the time, though that's not entirely his fault. Also, I didn't care for any of his Indy return matches outside of the Bobby Fish match.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Got to agree with Crest Fall to a extent. Don't agree on Claudio being a contender for this but Danielson's whole NXT run wasn't anything super special outside of his promos(That was about three episodes) and his match with Jericho. Can't comment on the WxW but while he had some fun matches, they weren't anything to write about. Until the 8th of this year, Danielson had done pretty much nothing to note. I agree that his second run was is pretty amazing but I wouldn't consider him in horse race with Hero or Richards for that matter.

I'll make u famous again

Status

for pure entertainment and what he has been able to accomplish for me it's The Miz

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

It's got to be Dragon for me, who's excelled no matter who his opponents are across all the year. Excellent selling, varied match styles at which he's all performed well, and engagement with the crowds made this a great year for him.

Miz for best wrestler in terms of entertaining and progress as well as promos (though it's be good to have a separate award for some of these).

SICK BEATS

Status

Rey Mysterio, has consistantly brought it all year. AmDrag is a close second.

God

Status

Chris Hero by a long shot. Danielson has had good matches with the likes of Ziggler and Miz but also pretty dull matches with the likes of Fish and diBiase whereas the only time Hero hasent been at least really good was against a pretty awful wrestler in Ego. Everything else I've seen has ranged from good to great.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

#PardewOut

Status

It's Miz or Bryan from me.

But I don't know indy.

Fantrax Team: Keys of Ketamine
    Fantasy Basketball: Men Lie Women Lie Buckets Dnt
    Fantasy NFL Team: Everybody In The NFL Is On Roids

Spoiler:

Their is no excuse for taking one's opinions and thought and claiming them as your own.You know in my real life I was always thinking in the back of my head not to become a thug, a thug who is on the street corner selling Drugs and drinking Alcohol but this mistake is just as bad in my opinion.My Mother always told me when I was in School your not just representing yourself but you are representing me.She was say that to me every morning as I walked to the Bus Stop and right now those words are going to haunt me.Now from now one my posts in Wrestling Sections will be clearly be moderated and I don't blame DD or Jim in the future.I truely disappointed in myself and I'm truely sorry to DD especially since he purchased the VIP account for me, because I was bummed on the Divas Section being for only VIP.Crying like a little baby I was and I treated the VIP great until yesterday.I let you down...you told me to stay outta trouble and I made a mistake damnit! Now I'm ready for my fate and I will not contest banning of the Shoutbox..the Site or anything you two guys come up with.Hopefully I can get passed this mistake in time and truely make a positive mark on this forum.

Sincerly,

Jose Miguel DeJesus

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Chris Hero. Hero has delivered full on and has been one of the most consistant guys in the industry today. Has made is opponents work and made adjustment to take advantage of given work. Responsible for nearly a majority of my MOTYC's.

Daniel Bryan comes in second for his performances that have ruled the second half of the year. However, aside from the wXw stuff Steve showed me and his match with Sawa I have not seen, his indy return didn't really carry anything work praising.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Fire and blood

Status

I'm actually going to disagree with Bryan as second place here. Rey Mysterio would rank above Bryan, still. One look in the WWE Match of the Week posts shows Rey Mysterio there 13 times, which is much higher than the next best (Christian). In 41 weeks that MOTW has been recorded for this year, that gives Rey nearly a one in three chance of being in the best match of the week. That sort of consistency across the year is one major reason for it.

Plus, he's had some excellent PPV matches, as many good ones as Bryan has had at least - his matches with Undertaker and Punk (Extreme Rules and OTL) are particular highlights, and his match with Swagger was also good if unspectacular.

Bryan is sensational, no doubt, but Rey shouldn't be overlooked because his consistency across the whole year has been once again very good.

I do know that WOTW isn't the best evidence to use, as it doesn't account for slow weeks with not much good wrestling, but I think it does show how consistent Rey has been.
    Last edited by Shock; 11-28-2010 at 08:27 PM.

ALWAYS BELIEVE

Status

I don't know how it couldn't be either Randy Orton or John Cena honestly. Sure there are better "wrestlers" than them, but as total packages no one has been on their level. You could argue Jericho as well, lets not forget all the work he put in, how great he's been, and how many guys he put over this year. As long as he was there, you have to consider him too.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I would love to hear the argument for Jericho as wrestler of the year in 2010.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

kiss the ring

Status

I'd like to hear the arguement for Jericho being the 100th best wrestler this year.

And yeah, there are other guys who are just as much "the total package" as Cena and Orton. Maybe not as far as drawing ability, but really fuck that. People are shouting Hero's name in this, and he is as good of a promo as Cena and Orton and better in the ring.

Fire and blood

Status

Like I said in the TLC discussion, I regret not nominating Sheamus for this. He shouldn't win, but I feel like he deserves at least a mention. Great on the mic, brought out the best in HHH, Orton, Morrison (all questionable guys in the ring), and generally really consistent.

Thread Information