Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World Wrestling Entertainment - 2011

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

World Wrestling Entertainment - 2011

World Wrestling Entertainment 2011 is a BTB that I started up in November 2010 just as a little project to occupy some time whilst I was out of work, I didn’t think it would ever become as big as it is today. It is the 2nd highest viewed BTB in WC history and only two BTBs have ever received more posts, it has also won BTB of the month five times. Originally my long term aim was to reach and book Wrestlemania 27, an aim that was achieved in June 2011. Now the short term aim is to reach Summerslam 2011, with the longer term goal of reaching Wrestlemania 28, and hopefully in the process, build up the future superstars of the WWE.

Acknowledgements: Some thanks to people who have helped me out in some way, shape or form in the last year.

Diablo – My BTB mentor, in the early months of this BTB, Diablo was pretty much the only guy reviewing my work; he kept my spirits up and gave excellent advice, as he did to many others. The leap in quality from January’s shows to February’ shows and beyond are partly down to his input.

Big Papa – His original WCW Empire BTB was the first thread I ever read on Wrestling Clique in the days before I was a member here. I was so hooked by his writing and project that it inspired me to write my own work, and judging by the comments Big Papa was receiving at the time, Wrestling Clique looked like a great place to join and share my BTB with others. I later joined WC in November 2010, and the rest as they say is history. Great to see him return to the section to kick ass with his 2nd WCW project.

The Natural – In my opinion, Natty’s TNA – The Natural Approach is the standard bearer for BTB’s, in particular, his awesome presentation and creative writing, both in storylines and promos. His work was and still is a great inspiration to me, and if you compare my first post to his, you can see how heavily influenced I was by him (i.e. I stole his first page )

God – Before DD and Jim saw sense and made me the BTB mod shifty, God did a great job of looking after the section as part of his Super Moderator duties, so props to him for doing that. God created the BTB of the month thread, an award I’ve won five times, and I believe the challenge of winning the award pushes me on to write quality shows and to strive to improve wherever possible. He’s also a great booker to boot and needs to return IMO.

Iamthedestroyer – Pretty much taught me how to make BTB match graphics, pointed me in the right direction for software and renders.

Regular readers and reviewers – I’m talking about guys like Ruben Jay, Austerio, Kakarot, The EC, Greenchad1, Shockmaster, GOAT, Looking Glass amongst others, who support this BTB with comments and reviews. I always say that when it comes to writing BTB’s, you should be writing for yourself first and foremost, you should write because you enjoy it, rather than because you want to impress people and get reviewed. However I am very appreciative on any comments or reviews I receive for my shows and take most criticism on board. Without a doubt, it’s always a nice boost to know people are reading your work and are willing to take some time to post about it. I feel lucky to receive the amount of feedback I do get these days, because in the early months of this BTB I didn’t receive much. FYI I never hold anyone to ‘a review for review’ policy, although if someone is kind enough to review a show for me I generally do return the favour.

The silent readers
    – As of November 2011, this BTB has been viewed over 34,000 times, so it’s pretty clear to me that there’s a lot of people who read my work and don’t comment on it. That’s not a complaint, I understand people don’t have time to comment, and/or it’s not their thing to give reviews, I’m just appreciative that there are a lot of people reading my work.

Hi, I’ve felt like I wanted to do a Be The Booker for some time, and attending the recent WWE UK tour has got my juices flowing. This will be a WWE BTB using the current roster (Nov 10) with an emphasis on keeping it semi real to how I think WWE would book things, for example I’m not going to bring in 10 TNA guys in the first months or turn John Cena into a jobber as that’s not very realistic. Something that interests me in doing a BTB this way is discovering whether something I book on here ends up on WWE programming in a few months time, sort of predicting the future but still having the ability to push guys I think are underused. It might be worth noting that as I’m new to this website, there will be very little in the way of graphics in the early stages of this BTB. Also this BTB is NOT done in conjuncture with EWR or TEW.

As the title suggests the start date of the BTB will be the first week in January 2011, but before I get into doing full shows (Raw and Smackdown only), I’ll do a brief summary on the final 2 months of 2010.

November 2010
    Spoiler:

Survivor Series 2010 Card

Daniel Bryan defeats John Morrison
    Alberto Del Rio defeats Rey Mysterio
    Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater defeat Kofi Kingston and The Big Show
    M.V.P. defeats Dolph Ziggler to become the NEW IC Champion
    Sheamus defeats The Miz
    Laycool defeat Natalya
    Kane defeats Edge
    Wade Barrett defeats Randy Orton to become the NEW WWE Champion

Going into Survivor Series the main storyline on Raw was the seemingly inevitable crowning of Wade Barrett as the new WWE Champion. With the odds heavily stacked in his favour in Miami, the born heavyweight walked out of survivor series with the WWE championship around his waist. John Cena, special guest referee for the main event who would be fired if Randy Orton retained the belt, kept true to his word of calling the match down the middle, not showing any bias toward champion Orton or his nemesis Barrett. The conclusion of the match saw David Otunga, who position in nexus was under jeopardy, distract Cena as Barrett hit Orton in the skull with the WWE Championship. With Orton apparently knocked out cold, Barrett applied a simple sleeper hold and with the champion unable to answer a three count, Cena declared Barrett to be the winner and the new WWE champion, a result that should seal John Cenas freedom from nexus.

Daniel Bryan continued his unbeaten p.p.v. record when he defended his United States Championship against John Morrison. In a match that lasted 15minutes, Bryan scored a victory when his feared LeBell Lock proved too much for the spirited Morrison who congratulated on his win. There is little doubt that Daniel Bryan has a big future in the making.

The fallout from Bragging Rights spilled into Survivor Series where The Miz, captain of team raw, blaimed their loss on his team mates, claiming they unwilling to put their jealousy of the money in the bank winner to one side for the greater good of raw. The Miz beat santino in 1 on 1 action on raw, then verbally abused an injured and inactive CM Punk on the following week. But the Miz seemed to have bite off more than he could chew when the celtic warrior Sheamus took exception to The Miz’s claims and challenged him to a match at Survivor Series with the Irishman coming away with the win following a Celtic Cross.

Over on Smackdown it looked like there would be no end to Kane’s reign of terror as World Heavyweight champion when he defeated Edge….with a little bit of help from a frustrated Mexican. As the semi main event came to its conclusion, edge was ready to pounce with a spear, but Alberto Del Rio rushed down to the ring and held the leg of edge long enough for Kane to recover and finish the match with a chokeslam. After the match Del Rio shook the hand off Paul Bearer, indicating a possible alliance between the Big Red Machine and Del Rio.

Speaking of Del Rio, his feud with Rey Mysterio was reignited on route to Survivor Series with constant run ins of each others matches, Mysterio then made the challenge to Del Rio to fight one last time at Survivor series with Del Rio agreeing to the match, quoting the need to move on to bigger things than ‘fighting little Rey Mysterio’. After some back and forth action for nearly 15 minutes, Alberto picked up the win with his rolling cross armbar, which is quickly becoming one of the most effective finishing moves in the WWE.

M.V.P. finally got his WWE back on track by winning his 3rd United States Championship in his rematch with Dolph Ziggler. 2 weeks prior to Survivor Series, MVP fought Ziggler on smackdown for the title, but the ref failed to see MVP leg on the rope as ziggler retained his championship. Smackdown general manager Teddy Long announced a rematch for the p.p.v. and it was MVP to get the win with the playmaker.

The WWE’s minuscule tag team division was there for the whole universe to see when nexus members Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater defended their Tag Team Championship against another thrown together team consisting of fan favourites Kofi Kingston and The Big Show. To the surprise of the crowd, Gabriel and Slater managed to pull off the victory with Gabriel hitting the 450 Splash on Kofi. The Big Show was merely an spectator in the match as the Nexus used good tactics to isolated kofi on their side of the ring, not allowing the Ghanaian to make the hot tag. As impressive as the nexus was, there is no doubt that the WWE need to refocus their tag team division and create some credible challengers to the tag champions.

In the Divas title match, the 2-1 advantage sealed the victory for laycool as they proved too much for Natalya in a rather forgettable match.

But as November came to a close, the main talking point was the dominance of Nexus over Raw. As the nexus have control of the Tag Team Championship and now the WWE Championship, who could possibly stop them as the WWE enters the final month of 2010.

December 2010
    Spoiler:

<="">

TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2010 Card

Daniel Bryan defeats Ted Dibiase w/ Maryse
    The Hart Dynasty w/ Natalya defeats Nexus via disqualification
    M.V.P. defeats Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena defeats Nexus (Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga)
    Michelle McCool defeats Melina

Wade Barrett defeats Randy Orton
    Edge defeats Kane and Alberto to become the NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

As 2010 came to an end, the nexus were certainly making their presence felt on WWE RAW, leader Wade Barrett was the WWE Champion whilst Gabriel and Slater held the Tag Team titles. However with the WWE title changing hands, the nexus were expected to release John Cena from the stable as agreed before Survivor Series. With this in mind, John Cena came to the ring on Raw the next day and challenged Wade Barrett to a title match at TLC claiming there was nothing he could do to hold cena back, or so he thought. Wade Barrett revealed to Cena that he’d have to turn down Cena’s challenge as unfortunately the Nexus have changed their made and WOULD NOT grant John Cena’s release from the group. An enraged Cena then attacked the new champion, a decision that many thought would see the fans favourite fired for his actions. But in a shocking move, the raw general manager, still unidentified, sympathised with John Cena saying he would grant Cena his freedom……….providing he won a ladder match at TLC against David Otunga………and Husky Harris………..and Michael McGillicutty. Also Wade Barrett was ordered by the Raw GM to defend his title in a rematch against Randy Orton in a No Disqualification match.

Earlier in the evening Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater were scheduled to defend there tag team titles. The challengers would be a rejuvenated Hart Dynasty, who a couple of weeks prior to TLC were given some sound advice by Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart (on raw as guest host) who told them splitting up would be a mistake as the competition for singles gold was very high whilst the tag team division was there for the taking. The Hart Dynasty took the advice and quickly became number 1 contenders for the belts, beating the Uso’s in a confident manner. When it came to the title match at TLC, the Harts continued to look impressive and thought they had the match won when they hit the Hart Attack on Heath Slater, but Justin Gabriel came to the rescue and hit Tyson and David Hart with steel chair shots. The referee had no choice but to disqualify the Nexus, giving the Hart Dynasty the win, but nexus still hold onto the tag team championship. The Hart Dynasty were back with a vengeance, and they have their eyes set on tag team dominance.

The Nexus were having a terrible night in Houston, Gabriel and Slater held onto the tag team titles by the skin of their teeth, and they had lost John Cena from their ranks. With doubts about the strength of Nexus, leader Wade Barrett stepped up to the plate and defeated Randy Orton in a back and forth match with no interference from the nexus, the wasteland was enough to defeat the viper. But after the match, a free John Cena appeared on stage and signalled that he would be to next challenger to the WWE Champion.

Over on Smackdown, it was revealed that the interference of Alberto Del Rio in the World Heavyweight title match between Kane and Edge at Survivor Series was because Paul Bearer had agreed that Alberto would be selected as the number 1 contender and would face Kane at TLC for the title. Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long disagreed with the set up, declaring that he is the only one who can select the number 1 contender. With that said Teddy Long announced that Alberto would face Edge on smackdown with the winner facing Kane at TLC, but when Kane interrupted the match and destroyed both competitors, Teddy Long had no choice but to make the World Heavyweight title match a triple threat match…..to be fought under TLC rules.

Edge won his tenth world championship in what was a memorable main event at TLC. Highlights of the match included Kane getting speared halfway up the ladder by Edge, Alberto hitting Edge with his rolling cross armbar off the ladder and locking it in upon landing on the mat and Kane chokeslamming Edge through the announcers table. The conclusion of the match saw Kane and Alberto trading punches on top of the ladder, when the ultimate opportunist Edge crawled back into the ring and pushed the ladder over knocking Alberto and Kane into a pile of tables set up outside the ring earlier in the match. Edge took his time as he climbed the ladder, unhooked the World title and celebrated on top of the ladder as TLC came to a close.

Also on TLC there were three successful title defences; Daniel Bryan extended his p.p.v. winning streak to 6-0 after beating Ted Dibiase in a tables match by hitting a belly to back superplex through a table. M.V.P. defended his newly won U.S. title against Dolph Ziggler in a rematch from survivor series, M.V.P.’s play of the day enough to beat Ziggler while Michelle McCool beat Melina to retain Laycool’s Co-Divas Championship.

Away from TLC, season 3 of NXT came to an end with where A.J. was crowned the winner and as a result, gets a WWE Divas Championship match with Laycool at Royal Rumble on the 30th January 2011. This would mark the end of NXT as a WWE show, for now at least. Overall the show was seen as a successful way of bridging FCW talent into the WWE

RAW EPISODES

Episode 01: January 3rd 2011
    Episode 02: January 10th 2011
    Episode 03: January 17th 2011
    Episode 04: January 24th 2011
    Episode 05: January 31st 2011
    Episode 06: February 7th 2011
    Episode 07: February 14th 2011
    Episode 08: February 21st 2011
    Episode 09: February 28th 2011
    Episode 10: March 7th 2011
    Episode 11: March 14th 2011
    Episode 12: March 21st 2011
    Episode 13: March 28th 2011
    Episode 14: April 4th 2011
    Episode 15; April 11th 2011
    Episode 16: April 18th 2011
    Episode 17: April 25th 2011

SMACKDOWN
    EPISODES

Episode 01: January 7th 2011
    Episode 02: January 14th 2011
    Episode 03: January 21st 2011
    Episode 04: January 28th 2011
    Episode 05: February 4th 2011
    Episode 06: February 11th 2011
    Episode 07: February 18th 2011
    Episode 08: February 25th 2011
    Episode 09: March 4th 2011
    Episode 10: March 11th 2011
    Episode 11: March 18th 2011
    Episode 12: March 25th 2011
    Episode 13: April 1st 2011
    Episode 14: April 8th 2011
    Episode 15: April 15th 2011
    Episode 16: April 22nd 2011
    Episode 17: April 29th 2011

PAY-PER-VIEW SHOWS

Royal Rumble Preview
    Royal Rumble 2011

Elimination Chamber Preview
    Elimination Chamber 2011
    Wrestlemania XXVII Preview
    Wrestlemania XXVII
    Extreme Rules Preview

EPILOGUE

Extreme Rules
    The Nexus Storyline
    WWE Championship Timeline
    World Heavyweight Championship Timeline
    Miscellaneous Plans
    Wrestlemania 28

16ks5ft.jpg

RAW SUPERSTARS

Alex Riley - inactive
    CM Punk

Daniel Bryan
    David Hart Smith
    David Otunga
    Evan Bourne
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Goldust
    Heath Slater
    Husky Harris
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    John Cena
    John Morrison
    Justin Gabriel
    Mark Henry
    Michael McGillicutty
    The Miz
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Randy Orton
    Santino Marella
    Sheamas
    Skip Sheffield - inactive
    Ted DiBiase, Jr.
    Triple H

Tyson Kidd
    The Undertaker
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Wade Barrett
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Zack Ryder

RAW DIVAS

AJ Lee
    Brie Bella
    Eve
    Gail Kim
    Maryse
    Melina
    Natalya
    Nikki Bella
    Tamina

RAW ON-AIR TALENT

Jerry Lawler - colour commentator
    Justin Roberts - ring announcer
    Kevin Nash - general manager
    Michael Cole - play by play commentator

SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS

Alberto Del Rio
    Big Show
    Caylen Croft
    Charlie Haas
    Chavo Guerrero
    Chris Masters
    Christian

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes
    Curt Hawkins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger
    Joey Mercury inactive
    JTG
    Kane
    Kaval
    Kofi Kingston
    Luke Gallows
    MVP
    Rey Mysterio
    Shelton Benjamin
    Trent Baretta
    Tyler Reks

SMACKDOWN DIVAS
    Beth Phoenix
    Kelly Kelly
    Layla
    Michelle McCool
    Tiffany McIntyre

SMACKDOWN ON-AIR TALENT

Josh Matthews - play by play commentator
    Matt Striker - color commentator
    Ricardo Rogriguez - personal ring announcer of Alberto Del Rio
    Theodore Long - general manager
    Todd Grisham - backstage reporter
    Tony Chimel - ring announcer
    Vickie Guerrero - official consultant and manager of Dolph Ziggler

TAG TEAMS

Big Show & Kaval
    The Dudebusters - Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft
    The Hart Dynasty - David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd w/ Natalya
    Koztino - Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov
    Nexus - Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater
    The Uso's - Jimmy & Jey Uso
    The World's Greatest Tag Team
    - Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

STABLES
    The Alberto Administration - Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero and Ricardo Rodriguez
    The Nexus
    - Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris

WWE Champion - The Miz
    Previous Champion - John Cena
    Previous Champion - Wade Barrett

WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Christian
    Previous Champion - Edge

WWE United States Champion - Daniel Bryan

WWE Intercontinental Champion - Jack Swagger
    Previous Champion - MVP
    Previous Champion - Dolph Ziggler

WWE Tag Team Champions - The World's Greatest Tag Team
    Previous Champions - The Hart Dynasty
    Previous Champions - Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater

WWE Divas Champions - Laycool

Spoiler:

WWE Champion – The Miz
    Champion since 03/04/11 – 0 defences made

The Miz defeated John Cena and Randy Orton to win the championship at Wrestlemania 27 03/04/11

World Heavyweight Champion - Christian
    Champion since 03/04/11 – 0 successful defences

Christian defeated Edge to win the championship at Wrestlemania 27 03/04/11

WWE United States Champion – Daniel Bryan
    Champion since 19/09/10 – 5 successful defences

Daniel Bryan defeated The Miz to win the championship at Night of Champions 19/09/10

Daniel Bryan retained against The Miz and John Morrison at Hell in a Cell 03/10/10
    Daniel Bryan retained against John Morrison at Survivor Series 21/11/10
    Daniel Bryan retained against Ted DiBiase at TLC 19/12/10
    Daniel Bryan retained against William Regal at Elimination Chamber 20/02/11
    Daniel Bryan retained against Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania 27 03/04/11

WWE Intercontinental Champion – Jack Swagger
    Champion since 20/02/11 – 3 defences made

Jack Swagger defeated M.V.P. to win the championship at Elimination Chamber 20/02/11

Jack Swagger retained against JTG at Smackdown 04/03/11
    Jack Swagger retained against Trent Barreta at Smackdown 11/03/11
    Jack Swagger retained against M.V.P. at Wrestlemania 27 03/04/11

WWE Tag Team Champions – The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)
    Champions since 03/04/11 – 0 defences made

Haas and Benjamin defeated The Hart Dynasty, The Nexus and Big Show & Kaval to win the championship at Wrestlemania 03/04/11

WWE Divas Championship – LayCool (Michelle McCool and Layla)
    Champions since 19/09/10 – 6 successful defences

Michelle McCool defeated Melina to win the championship at Night of Champions 19/09/10

Michelle McCool retained against Natalya via DQ at Hell in a Cell 03/10/10
    Layla retained against Natalya at Bragging Rights 24/10/10
    Michelle and Layla retained against Natalya at Survivor Series 21/11/10
    Michelle McCool retained against Melina at TLC 19/12/10
    Michelle McCool retained against AJ Lee at Royal Rumble 30/01/11
    Layla retained against Beth Phoenix at Elimination Chamber 20/02/11

Royal Rumble - TD Garden, Boston; Massachusetts 30/01/11
    Elimination Chamber - Oracle Arena, Oakland; California 20/02/11
    Wrestlemania XXVII - Georgia Dome, Atlanta; Georgia 03/04/11
    Extreme Rules – St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa; Florida 01/05/11
    Over The Limit – KeyArena, Seattle; Washington 22/05/11
    Cyber Sunday – Verizon Center, Washington D.C. 19/06/11
    King of the Ring – Allstate Arena, Rosemont; Illinois 17/07/11
    Summerslam – Staples Center; Los Angeles, California 14/08/11
    Bragging Rights – AT&T Center, San Antonio; Texas 18/09/11
    Night of Champions – HSBC Arena, Buffalo; New York 23/10/11
    Survivor Series – Madison Square Garden, New York; New York 20/11/11
    TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs – Wells Fargo Center; Philadelphia; Pennsylvania 18/12/11

NEXT PPV - EXTREME RULES
    MAY 1ST 2011

WWE Championship
    Loser Leaves Raw
    The Miz (c) vs John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship and Intercontinental Championship
    2 out of 3 falls
    Singles, Submission and Ladder Match

Christian (c) vs Jack Swagger (c)

Hell In A Cell
    Sheamus vs Triple H

Biker Chain Match
    The Undertaker vs Wade Barrett

I Quit Match

Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio

Tag Team Championship
    Gauntlet Match

The World's Greatest Tag Team vs Every other Tag Team in the WWE

Divas Championship
    Triple Threat Lumberjill Match
    Michelle McCool (c) vs Layla (c) vs Beth Phoenix

Falls Count Anywhere
    Drew McIntyre vs 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed; 07-17-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Status
    Vcash

Re: World Wrestling Entertainment - 2011

It says November 2010 but then it says Survivor Series 2011. I'm confused.

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
    It says November 2010 but then it says Survivor Series 2011. I'm confused.
    damn typos, yeah its meant to be survivor series 2010, sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by Ed; 03-30-2011 at 04:04 PM.

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

reserved for content

Last edited by Ed; 03-20-2011 at 02:49 PM.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

This looks interesting. It really does. How realistic are you going to be keeping this? I hope you make some major, fanatic, changes.
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

Status
    Vcash

Did you copy and paste this from somewhere else? I only ask cause there are a TON of smilies in your posts. This is like the fourth time it's happened. Other that, this looks good and I'll be keeping up with it. Good luck.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- XX The AntiChrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hall View Post
    Did you copy and paste this from somewhere else? I only ask cause there are a TON of smilies in your posts. This is like the fourth time it's happened. Other that, this looks good and I'll be keeping up with it. Good luck.
    I dont see any...

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

It happened with me too Ruben.

I couldn't see any smilies, but everyone kept saying there were smilies...what you have to do is copy it from Word, or whatever you using, and paste it in a Notepad, make it very generic, then copy it agian and poste it over here, then you can make any changes.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It happened with me too Ruben.

I couldn't see any smilies, but everyone kept saying there were smilies...what you have to do is copy it from Word, or whatever you using, and paste it in a Notepad, make it very generic, then copy it agian and poste it over here, then you can make any changes.
    i don t even see that.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Jay View Post
    i don t even see that.
    I know man...that's what I'm saying.

I couldn't see them either, my first BTB post someone copied and pasted my post, and asked me to repost it.

The only way to take the smilies off if when he does it, just like me, is to copy it, paste it in a Notepad, then copy and paste it in here.

I have NO idea why other people see smilies(as I don't see them either)...but when people complain about smilies all over the place, that's the only way to fix it.

Maybe they're using another Internet brand(firefox, chrome, ect...) or something.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I know man...that's what I'm saying.

I couldn't see them either, my first BTB post someone copied and pasted my post, and asked me to repost it.

The only way to take the smilies off if when he does it, just like me, is to copy it, paste it in a Notepad, then copy and paste it in here.

I have NO idea why other people see smilies(as I don't see them either)...but when people complain about smilies all over the place, that's the only way to fix it.

Maybe they're using another Internet brand(firefox, chrome, ect...) or something.
    This.

I am using Firefox.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- XX The AntiChrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

I am using Chrome.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Then it's probably just Firefox users that see it...I use IE, and if you're using Chrome and don't see them.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Jay View Post
    This looks interesting. It really does. How realistic are you going to be keeping this? I hope you make some major, fanatic, changes.
    There will be changes along the way, i.e. a couple of wrestlers/non wrestlers coming in who probably wouldn't move to the WWE in reality, programmes between wrestlers that you wouldn't expect to see, a slight change to ppv structure and because i'm a fan of tag team wrestling, the tag division is going to get slowly rebuilt.

What I wanted to avoid is doing a BTB where by the more talented members of TNAs roster jump ship to the WWE in the first month, or visa versa so you end up with a very talent mix of WWE and TNA. I've noticed a few BTB that do that, and I haven't got a problem with that - who wouldn't want the best roster possible. I just thought I'd go down this route of sticking to WWE current roster to make my BTB different.

As for the smilie problem, I do write my shows on word and then copy them staight to here, I noticed that sometimes this would bring up some confusing code on my previews, but I deleted it thinking it would solve the problem - for the record I can't see them either. I'll either try your tip of copying to notepad first or just type straight to BTB without using word first. But thanks for bring this problem to my attention.

Roster, champions and 2011 ppv structure up in a few hours

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Male wrestlers

Alex Riley
    CM Punk
    Daniel Bryan
    Darren Young
    David Hart Smith
    David Otunga
    Evan Bourne
    Ezekiel Jackson
    Goldust
    Great Khali
    Heath Slater
    Husky Harris
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    John Cena
    John Morrison
    Justin Gabriel
    Mark Henry
    Michael McGillicutty
    Michael Tarver
    The Miz
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Randy Orton
    Santino Marella
    Sheamas
    Skip Sheffield
    Ted Debiase
    Triple H
    Tyson Kidd
    Vladimir Koslov
    Wade Barrett
    William Regal
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Zack Ryder

Female Wrestlers

AJ
    Alicia Fox
    Brie Bella
    Eve Torres
    Gail Kim
    Maryse
    Melina
    Natalya
    Nikki Bella
    Tamina

Non-Wrestlers

Justin Roberts
    Bret Hart (Occasional Apperances)
    Ranjin Singh

Male Wrestlers

Alberto Del Rio
    The Big Show
    Caylen Croft
    Chavo Guerrero
    Chris Masters
    Christian
    Cody Rhodes
    Curt Hawkins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Drew McIntyre
    Edge
    Jack Swagger
    Joey Mercury
    JTG
    Kane
    Kaval
    Kofi Kingston
    Luke Gallows
    MVP
    Rey Mysterio
    Shad
    Trent Barreta
    Tyler Reks
    The Undertaker
    Vance Archer

Female Wrestlers

Beth Phoenix
    Kelly Kelly
    Layla
    Michelle McCool
    Rosa Mendes
    Tiffany

Non- Wrestlers

Hornswoggle
    Paul Bearer
    Ricardo Rodriguez
    Teddy Long
    Tony Chimel
    Vicky Guerrero

Annoucers

RAW - Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler
    Smackdown - Todd Grisham and Matt Striker

Tag Teams

The Dudebusters - Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta
    The Hart Dynasty - David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd
    The Nexus - Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel
    Santino Marella and Vladimir Koslov
    The Usos - Jimmy and Jey Uso

* Red font indicates that the wrestler inactive either due to injury or suspension

WWE Championships

WWE Championship - Wade Barrett
    World Heavyweight Championship - Edge
    WWE United States Championship - Daniel Bryan
    WWE Intercontinental Championship - M.V.P.
    WWE Tag Team Championship - The Nexus
    WWE Divas Championship - Laycool

WWE Pay-Per-Views 2011

January - Royal Rumble
    February - Elimination Chamber
    March/Early April - Wrestlemania 27
    Late April - Extreme Rules
    May - Over The Limit
    June - Fatal Four Way
    July - King Of The Ring
    August - Summerslam
    September - Bragging Rights
    October - Night of Champions
    November - Survivor Series
    December - TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs
    Last edited by Ed; 12-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.

God

Status
    Vcash

I dont see the smilies either but to save you from the notepad step, click the A/A button in the top right of the text field before you paste. That will remove all formatting.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

To explain the changes to the ppv structure, WWE now has 13 a year, but i've gone back to the traditional 12 a year, 1 every month structure. The one i've dropped was Hell in a Cell as this year it only had 2 weeks build up, and this way it allows me to book a HIAC match when its preferable, rather than only in october.

The other major change is that King of the Ring is back as I used to love this ppv and its an easy way to push someone stuck in the midcard to main event level e.g. Edge, Brock, Austin. It has replaced Money in the Bank because I knew I wanted to keep a MITB match at Wrestlemania and I think having three different MITB matches and winners would devalue the concept.

I'll try and get the 1st Raw written within 24 hours
    Last edited by Ed; 11-13-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typos

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

I can't believe I never thought of this sooner, but I changed the coding for the smilie. So it should never happen again.

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

WWE Raw - Monday 3rd January 2011
    Madison Square Garden – New York

Opening Segment:
    New Beginings

NO CHANCE IN HELL

Vince McMahon music blares out as the WWE chairman kicks off the first Raw of the new year, strutting down to the ring in his unmistakable style. Vince grabs a microphone:

“Well WWE Universe, happy new year, and welcome to the first edition of the year of WWE Raw. You’ll probably be wondering why I’m here tonight, well I’m here for two items of business. Firstly, the start of a new year is always a special time here at world wrestling entertainment as we begin our long and arduous road to wrestlemania 27”

Camera pans to show a wrestlemania 27 logo high in the area

“Now of course the first stop on our journey to Wrestlemania is the Royal Rumble where thirty men will fight for over one hour and the last man standing will be awarded a World title shot at Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta, Georgia. Qualification for the rumble match will begin next week, the match will involve 15 of Raws best superstars, 15 of Smackdowns best superstars, and how those men qualify will be down to the general managers of Raw and Smackdown…..which brings me to my second item of business for tonight…..Michael Cole please enter the ring”

Camera shows a stunned Michael Cole enter the ring sheepishly, resembling a kid at school in trouble with the principle. He shakes the hand of the WWE Chairman

“Now Michael, I’ve had a lot of my time taken up by certain career choices of a member of the McMahon family, but now that particular ordeal is over I’ve been able to focus more on my business, I can see how I can improve the WWE. I’ve been watching WWE Raw lately and I can see that the fans are not happy with your performance…….as the official spokesman of the anonymous general manager, I don’t think the fans enjoy you being the voice of authority here on raw, and I like to think my fans what they want to see. So I’ve taken the action to end the reign of the anonymous general manager and next week I will be announcing a new general manager of raw…….it might be the anonymous general manager, its might not be, the only thing I can tell you is….it’ll be one hell of a surprise. As for you Michael Cole, get back to your announcers table and do the only job I pay you to do, announce WWE Raw”

The crowd cheers for Vince, putting Michael Cole in his place, Cole walks dejectedly back to the announcers table

“For tonight I’ll be temporary general manager for one night only, and I expect it to be a busy night. Ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the show”

Segment 2
    Sheamus defeats Michael McGillicutty w/Husky Harris

McGillicutty put up a good showing in the opening match of 2011, but after a strong clothesline on four minutes, the match swung in Sheamus’ favour, putting the McGillicutty away with the Celtic Cross. After the match Husky Harris got in Sheamus’ face and shoved the Irishman, Sheamus retaliated with a Brogue Kick and then picked up a microphone.

“A friendly piece of advice for da new general manager of raw, I fully intend on entering and WINNING my first royal rumble and going onto win the doubla doubla e championship at Wrestlemania. So fella, you better select me as one of your fifteen men, cause If not, theres gunna be trouble”

As Sheamus drops the mic, McGillicutty is back up, but Sheamus sends him straight back down with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus is definitely sending a message to the new general manager…whoever he or she may be.

Segment 3
    AJ Lee defeats Alicia Fox

AJ Lee making her first appearance since winning series 3 of NXT, picks up the win against Alicia Fox with the Wheelbarrow Bulldog. AJ Lee will fight one member of Laycool at Royal Rumble for the WWE Divas championship as a prize for winning for NXT.

Segment 4
    Whos the number one contender?

MY TIME IS NOW

John Cena comes to the ring, getting a good reception from the crowd, he looks back to his old self as the pressure of being a reluctant member of Nexus is lifted from his shoulders, he has a mic.

“I can't describe in words how it feels to be able to do this”

Cena takes of his Nexus armband and throws it into the ring with some force

“I am a free man, I take orders from no one and there’s not a man on the planet who can stop me from destroying Nexus now. For starters, I’m going to challenge Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble, and I’m going to end the reign of Wade Barrett as WWE Champion”

I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD

Randy Orton, who lost his rematch to Wade Barrett at TLC, slowly walks down to the ring, he’s got something on his mind.

“Well Cena I don’t really care about your problems with the Nexus, I only care about one thing, the WWE Championship. I lost my WWE Championship 2 months ago when you didn’t see Barrett hit me in the head with the title. If you were doing your job properly as special guest referee, I’d still be WWE Champion. So if you want to challenge for the WWE Championship…..get in line, because I’m the number one contender

NO CHANCE IN HELL

General Manager for the night Vince McMahon is here

“John, Randy, let me see if I can sort out your problems. John you hate the Nexus and want to challenge Wade Barrett for the WWE title and Randy you also hate the Nexus and you also want to challenge for the WWE title. Well as far as I can see, neither of you deserve to challenge Wade for the title……yet. What I’m going to do tonight is make a tag team match, John Cena, Randy Orton, your going to team up together to take on Wade Barrett and David Otunga. If you lose, neither of you will be challenging Wade Barrett for the title, if you win, whoever gets the winning pin will be named the number one contender – best of luck gentleman”

John Cena and Randy Orton stare at each other as Raw enters a break.

Segment 5
    Daniel Bryan defeats Zack Ryder

Nothing special in a confident win for Bryan, putting away Ryder with the LeBell Lock after 5 minutes.

Segment 6
    Locker Room conversations

Camera cuts to the Nexus locker room, Harris and McGillicutty both have ice packs held to their head, selling the damage done to them by Sheamus. WWE Champion Wade Barrett enters the room, throws Harris’ ice pack on the floor and tells his men he’s not happy. Last night, Otunga, Harris and McGillicutty dropped the ball in the match against John Cena and Gabriel and Slater came very close to losing the Tag Team titles. Tonight he wants Nexus to earn their redemption, Otunga needs to bring his A-game against Cena and Orton to ensure no one gets to challenge Barrett for the title. As for Gabriel and Slater, Barrett reveals he’s arranged it with Vince McMahon to let the tag champions take on R-Truth and Mark Henry, the men who helped Cena to freedom last night, and they need to get ready, because the match is next.

Meanwhile The Miz and Alex Riley are talking in the male locker room, Alex seems very excited. Apparently The Miz and Riley have been granted the night off from competing in action and Alex is brainstorming ways to spend the evening. Alex suggests bowling, ice-skating, karaoke, cinema, comedy club or hitting the nightclub with his favourite wingman. The Miz says enough, there not going anywhere because The Miz has a plan of action.

Segment 7
    The Nexus (Gabriel and Slater) defeat Mark Henry and R-Truth

Gabriel and Slater without question took on Wade Barrett’s advice and produced a confident display of tag team wrestling. Mark Henry spent most of the match on the ring apron trying to get a tag to R-truth, but the tag champions wisely kept truth away from the worlds strongest man, and won this matchup with a jumping neckbreaker from slater and then the 450 Splash seconds later from Gabriel.

Segment 8
    Ezekiel Jackson defeats John Morrison

Good back and forth match here from Jackson and Morrison, with Jackson coming off the stronger. The turning point came when John Morrison went for the starship pain but missed, Ezekiel picked up Morrison and gave him the ‘book of Ezekiel’ to end it.

Main Event
    John Cena and Randy Orton vs Wade Barett and David Otunga

All four men make their entrances and wait for the referee to start the match when….

AWESOME!!!!

The Miz, accompanied by Alex Riley and his money in the bank briefcase, makes his way down to the announcers table where he joins Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler for commentary of our main event.

In the main event match which lasted about 12 minutes, Cena and Orton worked remarkable well together……….. until the end of the match. Wade Barrett would only fight Randy Orton and when Cena was tagged in he would order Otunga to fight instead, showing signs that the british champion feared Cena. Barrett managed to hit the wastelands on Randy Orton, but the viper was saved by John Cena who broke up the pin. As the match reached its climax, Randy Orton hit a backbreaker on David Otunga and fell to the floor, pumping his fists and readying the RKO. Outside the ring, The Miz left the announcers table and hit Barrett with the briefcase, before quickly fleeing the scene with Riley. Back in the ring Otunga was up, RKO by Orton, but John Cena tags in and hits the Attitude Adjustment on Randy Orton and pins David Otunga, 1, 2, 3 and Cena becomes the number 1 contender.

After the match John Cena celebrates, and motions that the WWE Championship will soon be around his waist. Raw fades with John Cena celebrating with his fans, he is free from the Nexus and is the number one contender to Wade Barretts Title.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I can't believe I never thought of this sooner, but I changed the coding for the smilie. So it should never happen again.
    You sir are a saint upon men!

• Thread Information