Release Date: TBA
    Studio: Hammer Films
    Director: James Watkins
    Screenwriter: Jane Goldman
    Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Ciaran Hinds, Janet McTeer
    Genre: Supernatural Thriller
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: Not Available

Plot Summary: To be directed by James Watkins ("Eden Lake") and written by Jane Goldman ("Kick-Ass," "The Debt"), "The Woman in Black" follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), who is ordered to travel to a remote corner of the UK and sort out a recently deceased client's papers. As he works alone in an old and isolated house, Kipps begins to uncover its tragic secrets, and his unease grows when he discovers that the local village is held hostage by the ghost of a scorned woman set on vengeance.

Deadline reports that Ciaran Hinds And Janet McTeer are joining "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe in the James Watkins-directed supernatural thriller The Woman in B/lack. Hinds and Radcliffe just starred together in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

According to the site, "Hinds will play the local landowner who counsels Daniel Radcliffe as he investigates this Victorian mystery... McTeer will play Hinds' on-screen wife, Mrs Daily."

Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass) adapted the novel, which follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), who is ordered to travel to a remote corner of the UK and sort out a recently deceased client's papers. As he works alone in an old and isolated house, Kipps begins to uncover its tragic secrets, and his unease grows when he discovers that the local village is held hostage by the ghost of a scorned woman set on vengeance.

First Look:

Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vptC-iqNY&
    Last edited by Roxy; 04-11-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Teaser added

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Re: The Woman in Black (2012)

Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9vptC-iqNY&

I'm digging the creepiness of the trailer, while I'm not an ample fan of Radcliffe, all I could think about when watching the teaser was USE YOUR WAND HARRY, I just can't imagine him in any other role that isn't Harry Potter.

People's Champion

Status

I"m with you Roxy on him...it'll be weird to see him after 8 movies, doing something else.

Hell, it'll be weird to see ANY of the main child cast do anything else(the older actors I'm used to seeing in other places, lol).

BUT, I'm a real big fan of Ciaran Hinds, who isn't as well known as he should be IMO.
    2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

12 and 0hio!

Status

At the same time that its going to be weird its going to be awesome seeing him in another role having watched him grow up as Harry Potter.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

New poster:

The trailer looks pretty decent and this poster is fairly creepy looking as well. As a horror fan I'm naturally looking forward to this, but as I've mentioned previously in the thread, it's going to be weird as hell watching Harry Potter in the main role.

DD Touches my privates

Status

I guess I am different, I don't see him as just Harry Potter. It will be refreshing to see him in a new role though. I can't wait for this to hit DVD so I can check it out.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I guess I am different, I don't see him as just Harry Potter. It will be refreshing to see him in a new role though. I can't wait for this to hit DVD so I can check it out.
    I'm capable of looking past his role as Potter as well. I've never been one to typecast actors though, so maybe that's why.

Manhunter

Ask Fuji | 2014 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 1998~!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes
    i tried saying you only got paid 35 cents a month but they wouldnt listen

Rick

Status

Re: Horror Movie Discussion

The Woman In Black has to be one of the most boring horror films I have watched in years. I don't understand why so many people are raving on about the movie when all it contains is a few jump moments and a somewhat ominous atmosphere, the rest was weak, predictable and disappointing. If this is what horror fans are calling "great" nowadays then may god have mercy on the genre and its unsightly future.

Evil Admin.

Status

Aww, it sucks? I've mostly only heard bad or average reviews, but I was looking forward to seeing it.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    The Woman In Black has to be one of the most boring horror films I have watched in years. I don't understand why so many people are raving on about the movie when all it contains is a few jump moments and a somewhat ominous atmosphere, the rest was weak, predictable and disappointing. If this is what horror fans are calling "great" nowadays then may god have mercy on the genre and its unsightly future.
    Oddly enough I just started watching it, so that doesn't inspire any confidence. Thanks a lot. Whichever way I feel about it the review will be up on Thursday.

Manhunter

Ask Fuji | 2014 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 1998~!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes
    i tried saying you only got paid 35 cents a month but they wouldnt listen

Rick

Status

Well don't let my thoughts stop/affect you watching it, different strokes for different folks and all that, it just wasn't my cup of tea. The film bored me to death though, its only saving grace was the cute little dog.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

I wasn't expecting great things out of it just because... I mean... its Harry Potter. How is Harry Potter suppposed to scurred of some ghost?

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

Evil Admin.

Status

This movie suffers from two major problems.

A) Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter

Spoiler:

Typecasting can be a bitch for an actor. However, it's just as bad for the viewer when they're unable to be sucked into the story because they can't believe the main character exists, even in those hour and a half. It's tough enough trying to believe a new character of Radcliffe, but it's even harder when there's so many things that reminds me of Harry Potter. Radcliffe's character is still down in the dumps after his wife passed away a few years ago. That's pretty similar to Harry's issues with his deceased parents. Kipps' son never knew his own mother, pretty similar to Harry as well. Early on, Har...err Kipps must go on a train trip to go where he needs to go. That's just like Harry Potter as well. Once there, he has to go to an old house in the middle of nowhere. Once again, similar to Hogwarts. Going up the steps in that large house, he's surrounded by paintings of all sizes. Just like at Hogwarts. There's even a point where Kipps runs into a trio of kids - 2 boys (One redheaded) and a girl. Well ****. I mean hell, Kipps' closest friend in the movie played Aberforth Dumbledore! Throw in a bunch of little mysteries and ghosts that will remind of a lot of Dementors and it becomes really difficult seeing Radcliffe as someone other than Harry. Without being able to believe in Kipps for 90 minutes, you don't care about his character or the entire movie.

While this has nothing to do with Radcliff's past as Harry Potter, but he's too young for the role of Kipps. Granted, Kipps is supposed to be young, but I don't believe he has a four year old son. Shave all that little five o'clock shadow and Radcliff still looks like a teen. Someone older would have been a better choice, not to mention you wouldn't have the Harry Potter problem.

B) So very dull

Spoiler:

I feel there's two reasons why it was dull. For one, Radcliff's character of Kipps is alone most of the movie. As a result, we're left without any dialogue. There's many ways to make such a movie exciting, but that leads into the other problem. They took a script that is best for an episode of the Twilight Zone or some sort of short and stretched it into ninety minutes. Everything was so slow moving and dull that it became a chore just sitting through this. The script was also a little confusing. Who was the Woman in Black? The child's birth mother or her sister/adopted mother?

Thread Information