Page 211 of 216 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4320

Thread: Currently Playing

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Currently Playing

Overwatch might be one of my favorite games ever. I never truly vibed with it on PC or wanted to play it but I got it on console at the urging of my friend and I've really dug it. I thought it was something I'd only play when I had friends to play with but I'm still having a lot of fun solo. I enjoy just about every tank now (except roadhog, I never play him lol) and this week is particularly fun since Rein is banned so I don't feel an obligation to play him. I love most of the supports too but I've been playing a lot of Baptiste lately and I'm loving him. I underappreciated his healing potential before but hes great.

I'd still love to get good with dps but I've never had great aiming. I know I should practice though. I'm still able to get a decent amount of kills with a Baptiste so I feel like my aiming is progressively improving.

Anyways. Overwatch is great. Sorry for sleeping on it so hard.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Been playing the Outer Wilds over the weekend for the first time. Loving it so far. I'm learning a lot about the world and it's mysteries, but I feel like I'm nowhere near piecing it all together. Managed to fall into a black hole while following the frequency for the banjo player.

Awesome game, very creative. No idea what's going on though

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Been playing the Outer Wilds over the weekend for the first time. Loving it so far. I'm learning a lot about the world and it's mysteries, but I feel like I'm nowhere near piecing it all together. Managed to fall into a black hole while following the frequency for the banjo player.

Awesome game, very creative. No idea what's going on though
    I was playing this pretty consistently until the new MLB the show came out. Now I’m stuck on that.

I’m pretty sure I heard Outer Worlds was made by some of the people who made Fallout New Vegas. If that’s true, it makes a lot of sense. Not that it’s a bad thing, I love FNV, and I’ve really enjoyed OW so far.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Tried to get back into the first Red Dead Redemption and while it's great the game is just really slow. Besides the missions there's not much to do that interests me. the land is pretty barren so I decided to install GTA5 again and I've been replaying that.

I really forgot how great the characters are in GTA. Very memorable compared to most games. Even years after completing the game I remember a lot of the dialog vividly.

WC without Duke is like McDonalds without the Big Mac. - DD

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post
    I was playing this pretty consistently until the new MLB the show came out. Now I’m stuck on that.

I’m pretty sure I heard Outer Worlds was made by some of the people who made Fallout New Vegas. If that’s true, it makes a lot of sense. Not that it’s a bad thing, I love FNV, and I’ve really enjoyed OW so far.
    Outer Wilds and Outer Worlds are two different games.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

With the strict as hell quarantine rules over here I got myself a PS Now subscription and was thrilled they had Metal Gear 2-4 and also Peace Walker. I'm currently replaying through the old ones (my older consoles are back home, alas) and have loved the nostalgia. It's been a while. Raiden's a whiney shit for six or seven hours but once you get more into his past I don't mind him so much as a character. I also love Dead Cell and the 'You've Been Playing Too Long...' sections of the finale. I'm about six hours into Snake Eater (which surely has the best game opening credits of all time?) and am just about the face The Fear. I'm looking forward to The End, such a great, simple boss battle.

I've never played Peace Walker so I'm really looking forward to getting to that one. 4 is my favourite, I think, so that should be a blast too. It's just a shame that Metal Gear Solid isn't included in the subscription. I watched about an hour of cutscenes from that today to try and plug the gap... I'm not sure if I should be admitting that.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    With the strict as hell quarantine rules over here I got myself a PS Now subscription and was thrilled they had Metal Gear 2-4 and also Peace Walker. I'm currently replaying through the old ones (my older consoles are back home, alas) and have loved the nostalgia. It's been a while. Raiden's a whiney shit for six or seven hours but once you get more into his past I don't mind him so much as a character. I also love Dead Cell and the 'You've Been Playing Too Long...' sections of the finale. I'm about six hours into Snake Eater (which surely has the best game opening credits of all time?) and am just about the face The Fear. I'm looking forward to The End, such a great, simple boss battle.

I've never played Peace Walker so I'm really looking forward to getting to that one. 4 is my favourite, I think, so that should be a blast too. It's just a shame that Metal Gear Solid isn't included in the subscription. I watched about an hour of cutscenes from that today to try and plug the gap... I'm not sure if I should be admitting that.

Peace Walker is a departure from how the others play so be prepared. It's fucking tough at times. All I can say is focus on the Mother Base shit as much as possible early on.

MGS is one of my favourite game series and I'v come to really appreciate each entry on its own different merits. I think Raiden is understandable as a character because, in reality, he symbolises you, the player, playing an attempt of a Shadow Moses recreation in place of Snake. That's why you can put your name on the Dog Tags at the start.

Snake Eater is a goddamn masterpiece and will stick with me forever.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

MGS is a great series but I still really don't like MGS 2.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    MGS is a great series but I still really don't like MGS 2.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    It's a really polarising game but I really enjoy alot of the characters in it even if Raiden's not at the top of the list as a favourite character (until MGS4)

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

I've heard that Peace Walker is very different, but I've mainly heard about the cutscenes being hand-drawn which sounds very cool. How is the gameplay different? I know the basic plot outline and what is re-visited in V but I don't want to read too much about it because of spoilers.

Snake Eater is a masterpiece from start to finish. The Cobra Squad are awesome. But I think I prefer Dead Cell.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    I've heard that Peace Walker is very different, but I've mainly heard about the cutscenes being hand-drawn which sounds very cool. How is the gameplay different? I know the basic plot outline and what is re-visited in V but I don't want to read too much about it because of spoilers.

Snake Eater is a masterpiece from start to finish. The Cobra Squad are awesome. But I think I prefer Dead Cell.

Nah, I prefer the Foxhound unit from MGS1, imagine a remake of that.

The gameplay is a little different because it's a PSP game so it's a lot of loading and going from A to B on map doing mini missions. You also have to call in ammo drops alot. It becomes easier but you gotta focus on developing alot of shit. You'll either find it intuitive and easy or you'll wonder how fucking difficult this game's gonna be when you suck ass at the first few missions. The AI can be inconsistent. Also a lot of the key story takes place in comic panel like cutscenes.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Okay. I think I understand what you mean. I'll let you know how I find it.

Fox Hound are definitely the best of the boss squadrons, but I'd have Dead Cell a close second. Fatman is so much fun.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Been playing World of Final Fantasy all weekend. I'm very impressed. It's got the charm of something like Theatrhythm. I love the battle system and because it's a bit of a goofy game, they were able to do something different with the stack system. All the mirages make it feel like Pokemon, and it's great to try out different combinations. There's almost too many mirages that I want to use. It is like XIII-2, but with more accessible gameplay.

My only complaint so far is the game is very easy, at least early on. Hopefully that changes up shortly.

It's the best FF related game I've played in some time.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Outer Wilds and Outer Worlds are two different games.
    I had no idea.

I recently started Doom Eternal. Seems in line with the previous game with one exception. You have to use glory kills and the chainsaw pretty constantly or you’ll run out of health and ammo. Especially on the harder difficulties.

All About That Ace

Status

I had no idea.

I recently started Doom Eternal. Seems in line with the previous game with one exception. You have to use glory kills and the chainsaw pretty constantly or you’ll run out of health and ammo. Especially on the harder difficulties.
    No worries. They came out around the same time. Are both set in space. Well received. Easy to confuse.

-

Been playing a mixed bag of games:

Overwatch - Im in love with Zenyetta and feel like I can carry with "him". Also love the hero pools this week, eased up the DPS queue quite a bit.
    Animal Crossing - First Animal Crossing game. I enjoy that I dont feel like I need to play this for hrs. I can do my tasks and call it a day. Its chill.
    NBA 2K20 - Playing as a Leonard/Antetokounmpo hybrid at PF. Focusing on building up my rebounding & defense then gonna turn him into a monster driving in. Im not a big fan of how 2K20 makes builds. Its too restricting and even then the game is so badly balanced you end up overpowered anyways. They just need to actually work on the game beyond finding out ways to make more money. But thats the case for like 90% of sports games.
    Witcher 3 - Still trying to catch up to where I was sadly.

Think Im giving up on Yakuza 0 officially tbh. Cant vibe with that game. Curious about One Step From Eden (Mega Man Battle Network style Roguelite with Slay the Spire style card mechanics) and Bannerlord. Ive got the money saved from eating out & gas ready to go

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Picked up a Switch Lite since I'm home bored and got Animal Crossing. Forgot just how much of a time sink this game is.

Like Todd said it's a fun game where you can just do a little or a lot in one sitting. as much as you really want. some days I have a ton to do and others I might just go forage for a few minutes and be done. Great game on the go.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Picked back up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order over the last couple of days.

Though the back and forth, along with the 'map' system really frustrates me at times, the game is pretty fun.

The battles with the bosses are tough, but enjoyable as well. Plus I'm now wielding two light-sabre's like a total bad ass! Yeah boy!

Status

There’s one planet in fallen order where navigating back and fourth through the level is a real pain in the ass. Some kind of fast travel would have made it way more enjoyable.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

There’s one planet in fallen order where navigating back and fourth through the level is a real pain in the ass. Some kind of fast travel would have made it way more enjoyable.
    Right?! It really would have.

At one point, I spent like 20 minutes just going around in circles trying to navigate the map

It's one real negative of the game, definitely

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Put in about 2 hours of Resident Evil 3's remake last night. I was actually really impressed with it so far.
    It's not very long and there's already full playthroughs of it on YouTube but when/if they release the infinite ammo DLC it will be a ton of fun to mess around in.

Page 211 of 216 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast

Thread Information