Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4124

Thread: Currently Playing

Status

Re: Currently Playing

Putting more time into Subnautica than I expected.

So I don't think I've explained the premise / story. Basically, you crash land on a water planet. You are on a big ship called the Aurora. the game starts when you in a survival module, alone. You have pretty much nothing. You swim around and find resources, using a crafting mechanism in the life pod. You build bigger and better equipment, etc. And you find plans for stuff that you can build, like the Seamoth and habitat, etc.

I'm still not able to go very deep, which is the "intent" of the game. I have the first depth module for the Seamoth, which allows it to go down to 300m. I can dive deeper than that, but free diving is slow and your oxygen goes faster as you go deeper.

Still grinding mats. A lot of the stuff I need is in deeper (200 meters and down) caves, so its a bit of a trek to go out and get them, load up, and come back. But that's way easier with the Seamoth. And one of the mods adds a storage compartment, so that helps. I also managed to craft the cutting torch, so I can access stuff in areas I couldn't before. Pieces of the wreck, and the Aurora itself.

I went into the ship for the first time the other day. I could only get a few areas, so I went back after I got the cutting torch and got the rest. You have to fix the radiation leak in the ship's engine, which is helpful because the leaking radiation means you have to wear a radiation suit rather than a rebreather. The rebreather mask lets you go deeper without an oxygen usage penalty.

In the Aurora, I got the plans for the Prawn suit, which is basically an exo-suit. But I had to grind to get the mats. Finally got to build it last night. Didn't have time to fuck around in it, but it looks pretty slick. Especially with some of the tools you can add on. Again, need to find the blueprints for those.

I am one blueprint away from having the completed plans for the Cyclops, which is an actual submarine. I think I have most of the materials already, so that helps. That helps. And you can add tons to it, so it really does become a mobile home base.

The habitat I've built is kinda slick. The process isn't that different from habitat building in other games I've seen. You have to worry about power and structural integrity. You can add glass panels to everything and build glass connectors, but that reduces structural integrity. You can add reinforcing panels, but those require a material that isn't that easy to find. The main habitat structures are round rooms, which can be stacked, and connector tunnels. You can build base platforms (they add structural integrity). So my build is a bit haphazard. I built just off the edge of the safe shallows, on a descending plane. But I'm a bit too close to a rock column, that blocks off building in one direction. We are two modules deep, three wide, and three modules high, with one module having four stacked so I could elevate the observation bubble a bit. I'm trying to add in windows to almost all of the modules, and everything is built on platforms (but with a gap cuz I didn't line hit up quite right) and all of the connecting hallways are solid (rather than glassed) so I can add reinforcements to each of them. I have a moon pool at either end, where you can park the Seamoth or Prawn suit. I made the mistake of looking at some base builds on Youtube and holy fuck can you do some cool looking stuff with great locations. So I fucked up all the way around. Its easy enough to do a new base, which I will somewhere down the road.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

I finished that game Judgement today on PS4. A couple of little things could have been done better but honestly I thought this was a very good game with a great story. Can't say enough good things about it!

Status

Played more Subnautica over the weekend than I expected. Which I guess makes sense, since the map opened up quite a bit for me.

The map on Subnautica is vertical as much as it horizontal. The goal of the game is to get into the deeper parts of the world, but that's not really possible early. You can build modules for the Seamoth and Prawn suit that allow you to go deeper.... but it requires materials you can really only find deeper. Once I built the Cyclops sub, I could go deeper!

I ventured forth... and started to realize the main downside to going deeper, which is some big ass, Leviathan-class creatures that roam the deep. I figured I would share a bit....

Spoiler:

Reaper Leviathan

The scariest fucker of the bunch. Looks like pure nightmare fuel and has a roar to match. Will and does attack your sub, which is loads of fun.

Ghost Leviathan

Not quite as scary, but tends to be in the pure darkness, which adds another layer of "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT"-ness to proceedings.

There some other as well, like the giant swimming worms that have electricity so you just see the glow in the dark. That's fun too

So going deeper means running into some of these fun-makers. Basically, you try to hide or you run. the game isn't about fighting, although there are ways to kill them.

Despite their presence and some damage to the sub when they got a bit frisky, I was able to get down deep enough to grab some materials I needed. That allowed me to craft some mods, one of which allows the Seamoth to go as deep as 900m. Also added additional storage to the Seamoth, which is nice. The sub has a lot of storage I've built, so I can forage materials for quite awhile with either. And the Cyclops sub allows me to carry either the Seamoth or the Prawn suit, so that's pretty sweet

I went for a Seamoth jaunt after adding the depth module, and managed to find the underwater river, which is a pretty cool cave biome. One of the coolest biomes in terms of pure visuals, as well as what it contains. One of the sweetest base builds I've seen was built down there, and its honestly quite tempting to emulate it at some point.

Need to finish my actual first habitat first. Main thing I'm waiting on is enough glass to do what I want to do. Glass is crafted out of two samples of Quartz. Quartz is pretty fucking abundant and can be found in almost every biome. But.... I need a whole lot glass panels. I want to finish the glass walls for the base modules - I have about 3 or 4 of them left. And then I want to craft a glass hallway that will run in a circle above the top of the base. One, it will be cool for the views. And two, it will provide as close to a "docking station" for the sub as you can create. The one real downside to going on foraging missions with the sub is that getting everything from the sub to the habitat is a pain. its a pain even with the seamoth, but that holds less and at least it can be docked within the station with the moonpool. I've tried parking the sub as close as I can and just having a short swim. It works, but having it where I can almost go direct would be even nicer. Just gotta grind the quartz.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Been playing The Outer Worlds on Game Pass. Only just started but this game feels like the real deal. Ironic after Bethesda has completely shredded what little good will they still had with their fans, Obsidian have come out with a game that fills that desperate need for a Fallout-style game. It's like a Fallout/Mass Effect/Borderlands hybrid with great writing, dialogue, voice acting, and fine gameplay. I'm really enjoying it so far, very reminiscent of Fallout New Vegas which is one of my favourites.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Been playing The Outer Worlds on Game Pass. Only just started but this game feels like the real deal. Ironic after Bethesda has completely shredded what little good will they still had with their fans, Obsidian have come out with a game that fills that desperate need for a Fallout-style game. It's like a Fallout/Mass Effect/Borderlands hybrid with great writing, dialogue, voice acting, and fine gameplay. I'm really enjoying it so far, very reminiscent of Fallout New Vegas which is one of my favourites.
    Yup yup! I'm playing on Supernova mode and this game is pretty hard. I put all my points into dialogue (in hindsight, I did it because I thought itd be funny but theres so many people going down that route, Im also tempted to restart and go straight for either melee or pistol because having either a Jedi or Space John Wick sounds fun as heck). Still, right now my focus is dialogue + companion bonuses, I'll save those for other playthroughs.

Only thing that bothers me is that I wish these dumb fucking space games would let me play a dumb fucking alien otherwise just leave me on far future earth ffs

Status

sounds sweet, Jon. Well, not the part about not being able to play as aliens. that's sucky.

Did some Subnautica this weekend. Still grinding away at building the giant-ass glass walkabout above it. Just taking a ton of glass, which I have to scrounge for.

I lost my Seamoth. Was grinding materials over by an area which has a Reaper Leviathan. I got out the Seamoth and fucking thing got smashed by the reaper. it grabbed it and swam away. I presume it got chewed and blew up but I didn't hear it. I did go back and search a bunch for the wreckage but found nothing. So that sucked. I was annoyed as fuck because I figured that might mean grinding a lot of the materials. But I honestly had most of them already so... wasn't much to worry about.

Now that I have the Prawn suit with the drill arm, the fastest way to get any building material is find a node and drill it. The problem is locating a node for the material you want / need.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Been playing Ark: Suvival Evolved a lot recently and it's a fun game!

Playing on a private map with family members so I'm able to avoid the idiots online who are trying to raid your base and destroy eveything all the time.

"LET ME IN.."

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Played more of the Outer Worlds this weekend and I'm still loving it. The characters are terrific. I think it's probably my favourite game I've played this year.

One little thing I have really enjoyed is the "flaws" system. It's a small thing, but it's so refreshing and helps the role playing aspect of the game. It makes everything feel organic, and I'd compare it to the nemesis system in the Shadow of Mordor games. From a gameplay perspective it ramps up the difficulty (since it's an easy game) and from an immersion standpoint it makes the game much better.
    Last edited by Shock; 11-02-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Shock Reviews Archive

No One

Status

Im at about level 12 in Outer Worlds but it didnt really hook me. People around me are enjoying the game a lot more than I am tho. I found the companions pretty bland, and the world mostly vanilla. Theres interesting stuff about the world for sure (late stage capitalism, corporate-owned/sponsored everything), but its not presented in any way that really hooked me. I made a dialog exclusive characters but it doesnt really feel like being able to intimidate/lie/persuade actually matters in a real substantial way aside from avoiding fights. The game just doesnt feel special to me.

It's a perfectly fine 7/10, solid B for me. I imagine Ill finish it at some point because the game isnt long but I dont think its a game Ill think much about, nor is it a game Im at work thinking much about (as opposed to say FE3H or MHW which were on my mind all day and hard to resist playing).

It did make me want to play Mass Effect quite a bit so I may hop back to it at some point this year or the next.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Played more of the Outer Worlds this weekend and I'm still loving it. The characters are terrific. I think it's probably my favourite game I've played this year.

One little thing I have really enjoyed is the "flaws" system. It's a small thing, but it's so refreshing and helps the role playing aspect of the game. It makes everything feel organic, and I'd compare it to the nemesis system in the Shadow of Mordor games. From a gameplay perspective it ramps up the difficulty (since it's an easy game) and from an immersion standpoint it makes the game much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Im at about level 12 in Outer Worlds but it didnt really hook me. People around me are enjoying the game a lot more than I am tho. I found the companions pretty bland, and the world mostly vanilla. Theres interesting stuff about the world for sure (late stage capitalism, corporate-owned/sponsored everything), but its not presented in any way that really hooked me. I made a dialog exclusive characters but it doesnt really feel like being able to intimidate/lie/persuade actually matters in a real substantial way aside from avoiding fights. The game just doesnt feel special to me.

It's a perfectly fine 7/10, solid B for me. I imagine Ill finish it at some point because the game isnt long but I dont think its a game Ill think much about, nor is it a game Im at work thinking much about (as opposed to say FE3H or MHW which were on my mind all day and hard to resist playing).

It did make me want to play Mass Effect quite a bit so I may hop back to it at some point this year or the next.
    I'm enjoying The Outer Worlds immensely so far. I'm in between on the characters. Sometimes I find them absolutely fascinating and listen to every second of dialogue but others I'm spacing through because I don't want to hear them drone on.

I think I'm around level 12 or so and probably as many hours in but overall I've really enjoyed the game. The combat is enjoyable enough and I LOVE the companion powers. Having the Vicar use his shotgun blast and cut his little promo before doing it absolutely entertains the shit out of me. And sending Felix in to dropkick giant Primal monsters just feels right.

I enjoy that it's an open world game that isn't gigantic. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and don't know what to do. I feel like TOW has the perfect balance and size to the worlds so far.

I also find the writing to be very good, even when I'm skipping through dialogue. The world they created and the overarching story is a lot of fun.

Once I have my new gaming room setup I'll probably try to stream it which I never wanna do with single player games. Its just fun as fuck and I wanna play it nonstop but I have to balance it between other shit lmao

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I'm enjoying The Outer Worlds immensely so far. I'm in between on the characters. Sometimes I find them absolutely fascinating and listen to every second of dialogue but others I'm spacing through because I don't want to hear them drone on.

I think I'm around level 12 or so and probably as many hours in but overall I've really enjoyed the game. The combat is enjoyable enough and I LOVE the companion powers. Having the Vicar use his shotgun blast and cut his little promo before doing it absolutely entertains the shit out of me. And sending Felix in to dropkick giant Primal monsters just feels right.

I enjoy that it's an open world game that isn't gigantic. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and don't know what to do. I feel like TOW has the perfect balance and size to the worlds so far.

I also find the writing to be very good, even when I'm skipping through dialogue. The world they created and the overarching story is a lot of fun.

Once I have my new gaming room setup I'll probably try to stream it which I never wanna do with single player games. Its just fun as fuck and I wanna play it nonstop but I have to balance it between other shit lmao
    Its only approximately 30hrs so its definitely a game you can beat relatively quickly (idk, in the age of games as service, 30hrs doesnt seem too ambitious). Everyone around me loves this game way more than I do. I think I just wanted more sci fi/alien weirdness out of it and this was relatively conservative.

Out of curiosity, which difficulty are you guys playing it on?

EDIT: I should add that yesterday I got drunk and did a new file going full melee on hard. It was fun. Combat was 99X easier (idk if its because I had points in combat or because it was hard and not supernova). But I was killing everyone without care for missions and quickly realized that I was not leveling up nearly fast enough so I was running myself into a dead end difficulty wise Think Ill abandon that run, restart, and do all the missions before I murder everyone.

God's Gift to God

Status

I'm on normal even though all reviews talked about how easy it was. It seemed like a game I could easily do new runs through so my plan was to play through and enjoy the story and then make a more focused character on a harder difficulty.

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I'm on normal even though all reviews talked about how easy it was. It seemed like a game I could easily do new runs through so my plan was to play through and enjoy the story and then make a more focused character on a harder difficulty.
    I will say that its pretty easy on all difficulties. I was playing on Supernova and while combat was hard at first (I was all dialogue), I imagine it would be much easier now that I know what enemies to target first. The survival mechanisms can be more annoying than challenging. You'll be getting enough food/water for it to be completely trivial. The saving is just annoying because the only way to saves are auto saves (usually by traveling through different areas of the map you can troll the autosave so for example, kill a couple guys in a tough part of the map, go back to town, return, etc.) or going back to your ship. You can only sleep inside your ship so that was somewhat annoying as well.

I'm wondering when the day will come when I realize I dont need to play things on hardest difficulties and I can just play them on normal Usually I dont feel very rewarded playing on lower difficulties though which is why I dont do it.

One thing that somewhat bothered me is that being high in lie/intimidate/persuade can feel... pointless when being dumb (below average intelligence) can net you the exact same replies and progress in the story... but you get the bonus of also being op in combat so its not that balanced :/

God's Gift to God

Status

I usually don't play on the hardest difficulties so I can focus on story. There's only a handful of games I've ever attempted on the hardest difficulty and I HATE survival mechanics so I guess I'll never be playing Supernova.

I just obtained the NavKey and I think I'm around 15 hours now. If I'm halfway done then it looks like the story will come to a somewhat sudden end? I'll be buying any and all DLC they release for this which is ok but I'm curious how the pacing feels from here on out.

Red Dead 2 PC comes out tomorrow so I fucked up not getting this done before that launches

Deprimido

Status

Picked up the new Norman Reedus / Hideo Kojima game Death Stranding Today.

Poured a few hours in so far.

Weird, beautiful, and oddly addicting. Reviews seem to be either really negative or really positive.

Liking it so far.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post

I'm starting to feel like this a bit more now that I've played on. I still really like the game, solid 8/10 for me, but I think I wanted just a little bit more from the quests and the story. I still love the characters, particularly Parvarti who is probably my favourite video game character since Garrus. It's difficult not to compare the game to Mass Effect and FO:NV, and I think it lacks the depth and quality of quests of those games, particularly New Vegas.

That said, I definitely agree with Cox about the size and length of the game. It's so nice to have a game which doesn't feel obnoxiously big for the sake of it, or dragging out for 100 hours when 90 of them are doing lame quests (looking at you Final Fantasy XV). It's exactly as big as it needs to be and I appreciate that.

To me this is like Mass Effect 1 or Uncharted 1. It's a great foundation for a game that with a bit of tweaking and learning from the little issues could lead to an incredible future instalment.

Need to finish it before Friday before Pokemon comes out.

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

Just finished Outer Worlds and once I hit hour 20 the game slowed down for me. I was so overleveled that combat was more of an annoyance than a thrill (except the final boss fight) and overall I just breezed through it.

But I think I did what I always do and waited too long to progress the main story. It feels like you're "supposed" to visit Byzantine fairly early in the game. Some of the side quests there are fetch or travel missions that have you going to the other planets and back. Having explored everything early on before doing the main mission it was a backtrack fest for me as opposed to discovering anything new.

But overall I really enjoyed the game and look forward to whatever DLC comes out and any further games in the franchise. If this was a base for Obsidian's new "fallout" then goddamn will we be in for a good time.

I have like zero interest in Starfield now. Bethesda burned up so much goodwill that I'm not entirely sure how interested I am in their space RPG now. They REALLY need to deliver now or that game is gonna tank hard.

I'm not sure when I'll revisit Outer Worlds but I definitely will. My new stream setup is finished so I'm gonna start streaming again with MLB The Show and some other stuff. But I can see myself revisiting Outer Worlds with an extreme gimmick character. I always play balanced and with the way this game was designed I was advanced in nearly every essential skill so nothing was a challenge.

Maybe a pure melee character or even doing like a diabolical run where I just go nuts and kill everyone or something. After finishing everything the game had to offer I wonder what the game would be like if I just exterminated everyone.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Yeah I'm way way overlevelled. I hit Byzantine at level 20 due to doing side quests and I don't think I struggled with a fight since I was level 10. Definitely a game that needs to be played on a harder difficulty, even for someone like me that prefers to keep games on standard difficulties

Shock Reviews Archive

God's Gift to God

Status

Yeah usually on normal I can still struggle if I'm not paying attention. But this was probably the easiest game I've ever played. And when I mention the final boss battle it was only challenging because I didn't have any weapons with the right ammo type and didn't see a workbench in the last couple areas.

I was obsessing over plasma ammo because once I leveled myself up I just spent all my points on long gun and dialogue basically and used all my bits to upgrade my guns and they did absurd amounts of damage.

That's another thing: there's SO much loot. I never DIDN'T have enough mag picks or bypass shunts. I mean that shit is EVERYWHERE. I had over 300 inhalers or whatever we use for health. There was zero reason to spend time or money on resources.

Maybe the ideal way is Supernova. Idk. Maybe I'll try it eventually.

TUFF

Status

For all the hate Modern Warfare gets, it's still a really good game. Campaign has been fantastic. The weapon mechanics have been awesome as well. They just need to nerf some weapons and do some fine tuning to others as well as give us smaller maps and this game could be the best Call of Duty game of all time.

However, Pokemon should be keeping me busy for a long time. Who knows how long I'll be occupied with that.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207 LastLast

Thread Information