Page 195 of 206 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4103

Thread: Currently Playing

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Currently Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Finished the second Uncharted yesterday. Great game, really enjoyable. So much better then the first one in so many ways.

Nathan Drake might already be one of my favourite gaming characters of all time. Also playing these games has kind of shown me just how much the new Tomb Raiders have kind of ripped off the Uncharted series in many ways.

Will probably start the 3rd one at some point today and get them done ASAP as I'm itching to buy and play Red Dead Redemption 2.
    They get better as they go on, which is pretty amazing because even the first one was great. But the 4th is probably my favorite because it has a big Pirate treasure theme and I love Pirate shit.

3rd has some memorable moments too. The 2nd might be my least favorite, but it was very good too.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Just had to come back and say that I was going to play the games I listed before, but then I found Suikoden 1-4 on the PS3 PS store so I got sidetracked by that, 5 isn't on there and neither is Suikoden Tactics but playing through the other four should be fun
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lisette View Post
    Just had to come back and say that I was going to play the games I listed before, but then I found Suikoden 1-4 on the PS3 PS store so I got sidetracked by that, 5 isn't on there and neither is Suikoden Tactics but playing through the other four should be fun
    Suikoden 1 is my favorite RPG of all the times. I've actually never played 2 but I hear it's even better.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Started playing Final Fantasy XV. First Final Fantasy game I've actually played. Enjoying it so far. Just finished Chapter 1. Some of the higher level hunts with multiple enemies are hard to keep up with. Best part of the game is chilling in the car while Ignis drives lengthy distances.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Jon View Post
    Started playing Final Fantasy XV. First Final Fantasy game I've actually played. Enjoying it so far. Just finished Chapter 1. Some of the higher level hunts with multiple enemies are hard to keep up with. Best part of the game is chilling in the car while Ignis drives lengthy distances.
    A lot of people didn't like the game but I loved it. Make sure to buy all of the soundtracks from past games for your car.

I liked that you stayed with the same 4 guys for the majority of the story and didn't keep switching people out. probably my favorite FF since the ps1 days.

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    A lot of people didn't like the game but I loved it. Make sure to buy all of the soundtracks from past games for your car.

I liked that you stayed with the same 4 guys for the majority of the story and didn't keep switching people out. probably my favorite FF since the ps1 days.
    I remember seeing you guys talk about buying soundtracks so I've been making sure to do that on my playthrough. Are there ever good enough guns to warrant that being a main weapon for Noctis?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I used them when i had low health and wanted to stay away but honestly i just stuck to his main broadsword type deal. I'd always buy two of each weapon. one of the character it goes for and one for noctis if i wanted to use it but i rarely switched from the broadsword unless it was an enemy that was weak to a certain item and even tho i usually just did that for bosses.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Nah, Noctis is best with a lance or a sword. Without spoiling anything you get given weapons through the story that Noctis can use that will see you through the whole game.

It's good to have variety though as different enemies are weak/strong against different things, so a gun isn't the worst thing in the world. The game doesn't punish you a lot for your choice of weapons so just experiment with them.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No One

Status

I used them when i had low health and wanted to stay away but honestly i just stuck to his main broadsword type deal. I'd always buy two of each weapon. one of the character it goes for and one for noctis if i wanted to use it but i rarely switched from the broadsword unless it was an enemy that was weak to a certain item and even tho i usually just did that for bosses.
    I've been buying two of each weapon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Nah, Noctis is best with a lance or a sword. Without spoiling anything you get given weapons through the story that Noctis can use that will see you through the whole game.

It's good to have variety though as different enemies are weak/strong against different things, so a gun isn't the worst thing in the world. The game doesn't punish you a lot for your choice of weapons so just experiment with them.
    Good to know. I liked the gun for missions where I was under-level and facing big groups of enemies but the early ones do so little damage, its somewhat pointless. Mainly stuck to the broadsword and the great sword so far.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

For 90% of the game I usually set up my weapon wheel with a lance, great sword, regular sword and some sort of magic nuke for desperate times.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Suikoden 1 is my favorite RPG of all the times. I've actually never played 2 but I hear it's even better.
    Suikoden 2 is my favourite RPG of all time ^^. As a cohesive narrative 1 might be more consistent, in that you chase the same goal for the entire game. Keeping Soul Eater away from Windy and all of that plus overthrowing an Emperor.

Suikoden 2 charges along, but stalls at one specific point in the main story, where you get stuck scoping out a specific location for a few days. This sole moment here effects the pacing a little, as it slows down some, but it picks right back up again afterwards. What Suikoden 2 does do well and excels at, is it's character's, the game also contains one of the most memorable villains of all time. Which will make complete sense when you see him. Returning side stories and characters from 1 also show up in 2. If you have saved data from the first game and upload it into 2 at the beginning of your game, characters who have met before in 1, will respond to each other like they are familiar and know each other from fighting together, so that is an additional touch that I appreciated.

I will say that although the flow of the story in 2 is disrupted temporarily, the themes, villains, overall tone, music, and most important the dual story following specific characters, and the way that they choose to shape destiny, make it narratively superior to the first game in almost every way for me, except in pacing of course ^^

If I haven't sold you already know that Suikoden's 1, 2, 3, 5, and Tactics which takes place after 4 where you can recruit characters from 4, are all exceptional games. 4 is the only hit and miss in the entire series, and even that one can be fun andenjoyable to a degree despite its flaws. I honestly had so much hype for the punishment rune, as the whole concept of the rune is awesome, and the more stern looking character portrait for Lazlo made me think it might be darker than the previous games. I was expecting so much more than what we got. It also felt like you had barely collected the strategist before the end of the game came around so the pacing felt weird, I enjoyed the naval battles. Even 4 has some great characters, like Kika for example, Lino, Remada, Eleanor, Cray, Snowe, and Troy in particular are all strong additions to the suikoden list of good characters. The game is worth giving a shot, I honestly didn’t mind the sailing so much. You might hate it for the sailing mechanic like a lot of people, or the overall lax in execution.

I really just wish the punishment rune had been dealt with more believably in the game, people should be freaking out way more then they are. Any time you were forced to use it should have felt dire and like a life or death choice for everybody. Not that nonsense pulled with the deserted island. I also liked the mermaids. Also the confessional box amuses me to no end, on the ship, and so does stealing a certain King’s royal clothing before his big cutscene and speech so that he’s forced to wear his normal getup. There’s also a ghost ship that comes up in chapter 4 that you should really see for reasons I cannot spoil.

Alternatively if you would rather skip the skip the game, there are some great Let's Plays for all of the Suikoden games 1-5, therefore maybe give one of those a watch or read, if you don't have a ps3 or ps1/ps2 (3,4 and 5 are ps2 games).

I also really like Suikoden 1 as well, and was deeply touched by certain elements in 1, such as Odessa's wish for the country and Mathiu's giving his everything he had, in order to fulfil it.Viktor and Flik's progression, Futch's loss, the 4 Generals coming to terms with the man that their Emperor had now become. Yet the Emperor himself wasn’t an evil man. Also Leknaat was a lot pivotal to the plot of 1 as well. Anyway I'll stop now as I could go on foreverrrr about Suikoden as a series.

Also this is a bit spoilerrrry (non-story related though because I'm not an asshole ^^) load data from 1 then get all 108 stars-in 2, and you can find an 'extra special someone' to add to your party from the first game, who may just possess a super powerful rune ^^.
    Last edited by Lisette; 11-02-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: added commentary, plus spelling errors
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Cardcaptor

Status

4 is hit or miss, but it deserves massive accolade for the character development of Snowe Vingerhut. Arguably one of the best fleshed out character developments for an RPG on PS1.

Speaking of RPG, replaying two myself:

Vampire The Masquerade : Bloodlines and Planescape: Torment.

My personal two favorite RPGs of all time, bar none.

(I'd say Ultima IV and Dragon Wars are good runners up.)
    Everything will surely be alright.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vayne View Post
    4 is hit or miss, but it deserves massive accolade for the character development of Snowe Vingerhut. Arguably one of the best fleshed out character developments for an RPG on PS1.

Speaking of RPG, replaying two myself:

Vampire The Masquerade : Bloodlines and Planescape: Torment.

My personal two favorite RPGs of all time, bar none.

(I'd say Ultima IV and Dragon Wars are good runners up.)
    I agree with you on Snowe being a well written character, and I think we’ve had this discussion before ^^ I prefer Jowy to Snowe, but thought both are extremely well written, having played a similar type of role towards your main character, while they didn’t ever feel like carbon copies of one another, but distinctly different people with vastly different motivations and goals they were willing to sacrifice everything to accomplish. That is particularly commendable, Snowe’s character growth and development stems from a different place and different feelings to Jowy. Therefore both of them feel fresh and like their own character.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Darkest Dungeon, trying to do another proper playthrough.

Aaaaand Metal Gear Solid 3. Best game in the series and one day I'll do a review of it (if I ever get around to making another one ).

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Barrows View Post
    Darkest Dungeon, trying to do another proper playthrough.

Aaaaand Metal Gear Solid 3. Best game in the series and one day I'll do a review of it (if I ever get around to making another one ).
    I 100% agree MGS3 is best game in the series no question. Though I always enjoy Metal Gear regardless of which game I’m playing and 4 is full of references, callbacks and paying homage to the previous games particular Metal Gear Solid, and Two is wacky and MGS was my entry to the series and thus I have strong nostalgia regarding it, 3 narratively and just as an overall experience cannot be beat.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Lisette View Post
    I 100% agree MGS3 is best game in the series no question. Though I always enjoy Metal Gear regardless of which game I’m playing and 4 is full of references, callbacks and paying homage to the previous games particular Metal Gear Solid, and Two is wacky and MGS was my entry to the series and thus I have strong nostalgia regarding it, 3 narratively and just as an overall experience cannot be beat.
    MGS4 is just so awful though.

It's 2 but loaded on cutscene crack. Walk through a hallway and you get 4 bloody cut scenes. It also ruins most of the other games by making several main characters (who by all accounts are goofballs and idiots) the antagonists of the series. I'm still pissed that Para-medic is supposed to be the villain, because it just doesn't make sense from a character perspective. Not only that, there's few interesting conversations that the other games have, and the gameplay is just... well... boring.

A good close look at MGS4 can be found here:

Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

Honestly, I feel like the game peaked with 3. And all the games prior to it where great (Even VR Missions was quite fun), and each one better than the last up until 4.

Since then, it's gotten worse. And now with Hideo gone, it's just abysmal.

Playing some Jill Of The Jungle, since they added it for free on GoG.

Haven't played this since around 95 ish.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Let’s see:

Sniper Elite 4
    Friday the 13th
    Mega Man VII
    Stardew Valley
    Fallout 76 (beta)

Looking to add RDR2 to the mix soon.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    They get better as they go on, which is pretty amazing because even the first one was great. But the 4th is probably my favorite because it has a big Pirate treasure theme and I love Pirate shit.

3rd has some memorable moments too. The 2nd might be my least favorite, but it was very good too.
    Ah that's great! Sounds good to me, Sully.

I need to get back to playing this and starting the 3rd one. Not had a chance to game for a little while.

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

Not playing anything - but I am watching RadBrad play Spiderman!

Page 195 of 206 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast

Thread Information