• SummerSlam 2013

7 24.14%
Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: General WWE Discussion

Users with bad / fake email accounts

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Re: General WWE Discussion

What is everyone's thoughts on the Alberto del Rio video packages over the last few weeks?
    I like Alberto Del Rio , Vignettes is the best way to introduce a new face from Razor Ramon to Carlito , They all worked very well . Aberto's first vignette was very interesting , I was intrigued by his character but later on in each vignette he used to explain a good quality of his character & at times he went into very unnecessary detail which bored me and I just skipped through it . Nonetheless , He has a very interesting character and I thank God that he won't be playing a Stereo-Type mexican . Hopefully Stereotypes will be dead in the WWE from The Samoan Usos & now Alberto Del Rio . I'm looking forward to him performing in the ring . WWE needs to come up with more fresh characters like this one .

On another topic, does Husky Harris remind anyone of Dusty Rhodes? They both have the same physique and in ring styles.
    Well since I did not see Dusty Rhodes wrestle , I would compare Husky Harris to a toned down slim version of Umaga . He is one of my favourite NXT Rookie , This class of NXT is really full of interesting characters , It will be hard to get rid of some guys . They should have introduced somebody like Percy Watson,Ryan O'Rielly or Joe Henig through a weekly video package rather than introducing them through a show which most don't bother watching and it only makes those people look weak when they are labeled 'Rookies' .

Does anyone else find the new ring announcer for NXT to be terribly grating? It's not only her voice, but also her tone - half the time, she sounds like she's talking to her dog. I half expected her to follow up with her weird 'and he is the world's strongest man, Mark Henry' with 'yes he is! yes he is, isn't he?' Little things get to me, like, when announcing two people coming to the ring at the same time, saying 'X and he is the __ champion, Y'. The 'he is' is pretty redundant. Maybe it's just me being pedantic.
    Female ring announcers suck except for Lillian but she was a singer . Choosing random women and handing them a job when they have no experience or skill is going to produce bad results no matter what the case maybe . Maybe It's just me because most loud female voices are just painful rather than pleasant unless you are a singer .
    Last edited by Fan; 07-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
    Well since I did not see Dusty Rhodes wrestle , I would compare Husky Harris to a toned down slim version of Umaga . He is one of my favourite NXT Rookie , This class of NXT is really full of interesting characters , It will be hard to get rid of some guys . They should have introduced somebody like Percy Watson,Ryan O'Rielly or Joe Henig through a weekly video package rather than introducing them through a show which most don't bother watching and it only makes those people look weak when they are labeled 'Rookies'.
    I haven't seen much of Husky Harris but he doesn't strike me as an Umaga kind of guy... he seems more like a fun guy instead of a wild man.

I agree with RaiZ-R, the new girl replaced Savanah so she's made an enemy in me!

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
    Well since I did not see Dusty Rhodes wrestle , I would compare Husky Harris to a toned down slim version of Umaga .
    I'd have to look at the two men again, but to me (from memory) Husky is much wider and flabbier than Umaga was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    I agree with RaiZ-R, the new girl replaced Savanah so she's made an enemy in me!
    Damn straight brother. Future endeavouring hot broads for the lose.

On The Radio Or Twitter..

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

That Battle Royal Actually Made Sense...

Unlike every other single battle royal in recent WWE history, The battle royal that took place on the 13/7 NXT actually made sense and wasn't the typical battle royal that we always see. The usual battle royals consist of 20 men just throwing people around whereas this weeks match actually had some storyline behind it. I liked how the NXT rookies and pros tried to fight off the Nexus before turning to eachother. I thought that this was an enjoyable NXT episode and it was much better than the normal stupid keg carrying contests that occur. I applaud WWE for actually giving us a good battle royal.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Re: That Battle Royal Actually Made Sense...

I don't know, John; I personally was not too keen on it. With the exception of the occasional royal rumble, I'm not a fan of battle royales in general, and this one was particularly turgid. It seemed to go on far too long without much to sustain my interest, and I found both the NXT2ers' marginal role in it, Percy's heelish initiation of it, and 6 people winning a form of match that is supposed to be each-for-himself to be somewhat laughable. In all the time they spent on it, we could have had a decent match or two, showcasing the guys that NXT2 is supposed to be about.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    I don't know, John; I personally was not too keen on it. With the exception of the occasional royal rumble, I'm not a fan of battle royales in general, and this one was particularly turgid. It seemed to go on far too long without much to sustain my interest, and I found both the NXT2ers' marginal role in it, Percy's heelish initiation of it, and 6 people winning a form of match that is supposed to be each-for-himself to be somewhat laughable. In all the time they spent on it, we could have had a decent match or two, showcasing the guys that NXT2 is supposed to be about.
    I agree for the most part. Percy seemingly turning heel for no better reason than, just cos, was awful. There was a million better ways to pull off the initiation of the Battle Royal, but lazy and uncreative booking led them down a path that now means the most over man on NXT is in a position that doesn't suit him and looks to lose credibility either way you cut it.

I also disliked the finish, it made very little sense to announce the winner as six men when the whole concept (as was established before the match started, by Wade Barrett nonetheless) is every man for himself. Surely it could have just ended with The Nexus refusing to eliminate each other and standing tall at the end of the show with a not contest call?

As for the swift elimination of the NXT2 rookies... Don't get me started.

But, for a Battle Royal with all that against it, it was still incredibly enjoyable and had a real, tangible story to it that added a whole lot to the quality of the match itself. I wouldn't say it "made sense" as John has, but it certainly gave me something fresh from the concept that I hadn't seen myself before.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Yea, but the win made no f***ing sense at all. Remember when they said it was every man for themselves? Are The Nexus one person? No, I didn't think so. It was the six of them. Now that's some bullshit, I wanted to see them fight, because if you remember it said EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

Indy Talent

Status

Pick 5 Guys on any roster you would like to push to main event?

If you could which superstar on any brand would you like to push to main event status?

Seeing as RAW or Smackdown could use new main eventers.

I would pick the following

1 - John Morrison - Why? He gets a good crowd reaction, he is a good technical wrestler, and a great high flyer.

2 - Chavo Guerrero - He is one of best technical wrestlers in the entire company. He has been in the jobbing scene for far too long and he would make great heel.

3 - Ted DiBiase Jr. - He has the looks, and a talent to match Randy Orton. He also makes a great heel character. I think he is ready to main event.

4 - Christian - He always gets a good crowd reaction. He is the perfect face for the company. While in ECW he held the show despite the bad ratings and reviews week in and week out. He has a fantastic set of wrestling moves.

5 - Drew McIntyre - As much as I hate his character I think he has proved himself as a main eventer. He can be quite irritating to watch which makes the fans wanna boo him more. I personally think his hard hitting moves and selling it works well for him.

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Re: Pick 5 Guys on any roster you would like to push to main event?

1. Dolph Ziggler. Right now, the hottest looking upcoming heel in WWE. His potential is limitless

2. Vance Archer. This guys American Psycho gimmick has potential. He looks good in the ring as well..

3. Christian. This doesn't really need an explanation. He's just the most deserving guy on the roster.

That's pretty much the only people I'd push.
    Wrestlers Kalashnikov likes right now.
    CM Punk, Kevin Steen, Dolph Ziggler, Christopher Daniels, Christian, Tyson Kidd, Chris Jericho, Mistico, Dos Caras Jr, Volador, Tiger Mask IV, Chuck Taylor, Kenny King, Rhett Titus, Chris Hero, Claudio Castragnoli, Alex Shelley, Roderick Strong, Carlito, Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson, Kaval, Husky Harris, The Miz, Mr Anderson, Luke Gallows, Chris Masters, Jimmy Jacobs, Chris Sabin, William Regal, Dr Wagner, Alex Koslov, Hernandez, Juventud, Rob Terry, La Parka, KENTA, Extreme Tiger, El Generico, Sonjay Dutt and more.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Re: Pick 5 Guys on any roster you would like to push to main event?

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Kalashnikov View Post
    1. Dolph Ziggler. Right now, the hottest looking upcoming heel in WWE. His potential is limitless

2. Vance Archer. This guys American Psycho gimmick has potential. He looks good in the ring as well..

3. Christian. This doesn't really need an explanation. He's just the most deserving guy on the roster.

That's pretty much the only people I'd push.
    Pretty much this, although I'd add The Miz, and eventually, Zack Ryder. Drew was terrible even as a secondary title holder, and whereas he's been in some decent matches recently, he's nowhere near being up to main event status, and a lot of his heat is of the 'go away' variety (at least I perceive it thus.) Morrison needs to turn before I'd consider him in the main event, either that or prove that he's a decent speaker when hampered with the restrictions of a natural heel being a face. Ted di Biase is way behind Cody in my estimations.

On Vacation

Status

The Miz and Drew McIntyre are getting there, and they will make it. Drew McIntyre is going to win the MITB, and so is The Miz. Somehow, I have a feeling that the winner of the MITB matches tonight will cash in tonight. If so, The Miz walks out with the WWE Championship, and Drew McIntyre walks out with the WHC. Then, we can actually have a decent Miz vs. Cena feud, if Cena wins the cage match.

I'm back.

Status

I can't see both Miz and McIntyre winning. I can see them both winning their MITB's, but I can't see them both winning on the same night.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by VOWrestling View Post
    Yea, but the win made no f***ing sense at all. Remember when they said it was every man for themselves? Are The Nexus one person? No, I didn't think so. It was the six of them. Now that's some bullshit, I wanted to see them fight, because if you remember it said EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNaU1DJOPw

WAKE UP

Status

You really think they are going to do the same idea twice on the same show? Really?

Miz or Drew as main eventers at this pojnt would just be terrible.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Thank you Mr. Funny Guy!

So guys, what are the best wrestling spots that you have seen?

1. HBK/Shelton - That superkick was just goddamn priceless, and Shelton sold that very well.
    2. Orton/Mysterio - I don't which edition of SmackDown this was, but is was pretty epic.
    3. Orton/Foley - I laughed at orton when he did this. He went for the RKO and landed on some nice, soft, TACKS!

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by VOWrestling View Post
    Thank you Mr. Funny Guy!

So guys, what are the best wrestling spots that you have seen?

1. HBK/Shelton - That superkick was just goddamn priceless, and Shelton sold that very well.
    2. Orton/Mysterio - I don't which edition of SmackDown this was, but is was pretty epic.
    3. Orton/Foley - I laughed at orton when he did this. He went for the RKO and landed on some nice, soft, TACKS!
    Best wrestling spots:

1. Foley off the Cell by Undertaker. The mother of all great spots ever taken and probably the most iconic image of wrestling for me.

2. Skipper walking the cage against AMW.

3. Benoit's headbutts during MITB 1.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

WAKE UP

Status

Was going to make a thread for this, but I guess I'll just post it here and make one of it gets enough replies.

The top 10 worst guys currently in the WWE (in no order):

- David Hart Smith
    - Chris Jericho
    - The Uso's
    - Edge
    - John Morrison
    - Drew McIntyre
    - Kane
    - Kofi Kingston
    - Vance Archer
    Last edited by King Steventon; 07-19-2010 at 09:40 AM.

I'm back.

Status

What's the point in listing the guys you don't like? At least put why so we all understand your opinion.

WAKE UP

Status

DH Smith - Bland vanilla guy who isn't particularly good at anything and is too rest-holdy.

Jericho - Shitty indy level execution and in general just a bore to watch. Can't remember the last time he did anything in match that was really worth praising. He's quickly becoming the next Edge. Spends too much time in chinlocks and is really sloppy.

Uso's - Boring tag team who aren't good at tag team wrestling. Terrible promos too. Can't think of many Samoan wrestlers worse than them.

Edge - Again, awful execution and just generally boring as fuck in the ring and isn't good at anything.

Morrison - Vanilla gymnast who often looks like he has no idea what to do next in his matches.

Drew - Actually seems to be improving but still is quite boring to watch in the ring and spends most of his times in restholds.

Kane - Is this really not obvious in 2010? Crappy big man who doesn't wrestle like a big man because he does stuff like weak top rope clotheslines and sliding dropkicks. Can't forget is hilarious method acting either.

Kofi - Another vanilla spot machine who's spots are often sloppy

Archer - Weak big man wrestler who is like the worst possible Test immitator

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

I pretty much agree with most of that list. Out of interest, who would you say were the inverse, the ten best, and why?

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information