Page 1 of 73 123 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: General WWE Discussion

#pipebombshell

Status

WWE General WWE Discussion

Well, we've been getting a lot of topics of late that are more suited to casual observations than generating discussion and have been swiftly dropping from view without as much as a howdy do from the majority of members.

So this is where you put the stuff you wanna mention but you doubt will get much response.

Think Matt Hardy's fat? Hate The Miz? Wish Drew McIntyre would get fired already? If there's no topic for it already, stick it in here and let the world know.

Basically, discuss WWE stuff in here...
    Last edited by Jim; 01-01-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Re: General WWE Discussion

I'm glad that you've decided to make this, as, if people follow by it, it should help out a lot to have smaller discussions centralised here.

What is everyone's thoughts on the Alberto del Rio video packages over the last few weeks?

Team CoCo

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    I'm glad that you've decided to make this, as, if people follow by it, it should help out a lot to have smaller discussions centralised here.

What is everyone's thoughts on the Alberto del Rio video packages over the last few weeks?
    Thought it was a soap operah commercial at first, took me a while to realize who he was. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

On another topic, does Husky Harris remind anyone of Dusty Rhodes? They both have the same physique and in ring styles.

Killing It.

Status

Can we please ask the list questions in here? I hate seeing lists of "Pick your top 6 favorite WWE Superstars" and then another thread of "Pick your top 7..."

As for Alberto Del Rio, I like the video packages. Most of the time I don't pay much attention to what he's saying but I love when we see vignettes for new superstars!
    Is Alberto going to be doing something like O'Haire? That would be great!

People's Champion

Status

Jim Ross Being Edited Out of WWE Opener

I am not sure how many of you might have noticed it, but JR was edited out of the WWE Opener Video. Here is is comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ross, PWInsider
    "Too much has been made of me being edited off the WWE signature open. I was on it for a long time and it was time to update the piece. In a year or so it's likely that the open will be tweaked again and who knows who will be added or omitted?"
    How do you feel that the best boradcaster in the world is edited out of it?
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

Wade Barrett>ROH

Status

Re: Jim Ross Being Edited Out of WWE Opener

I read they took him off as punishment for appearing on camera at the UFC Pay Per View. I'm not a fan of the decision, since Ross' voice has been on so many memorable moments and Cole's voice is just annoying.

Watch Your Money!

Status

I couldn't care less. It's the intro to the show, so many people over-reacting to this.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    I read they took him off as punishment for appearing on camera at the UFC Pay Per View. I'm not a fan of the decision, since Ross' voice has been on so many memorable moments and Cole's voice is just annoying.
    I am actualy enjoying Michael Cole as of late. I mean, he has evolved in sooooo many ways since begining. I mean, now he is being used as more then just a commentator. Which is a good thing. .
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo Slice View Post
    Thought it was a soap operah commercial at first, took me a while to realize who he was. I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do.

On another topic, does Husky Harris remind anyone of Dusty Rhodes? They both have the same physique and in ring styles.
    You're very right, his packages do have a very telenovela feel to them. I look forward to seeing how he is developed.

Yes, Husky reminds me of Dusty in a way, but we'll have to see him more to see how similar their styles are. Either way, I loved T.A.D and Husky's one of my favourites in NXT2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Can we please ask the list questions in here? I hate seeing lists of "Pick your top 6 favorite WWE Superstars" and then another thread of "Pick your top 7..."

As for Alberto Del Rio, I like the video packages. Most of the time I don't pay much attention to what he's saying but I love when we see vignettes for new superstars!
    Is Alberto going to be doing something like O'Haire? That would be great!
    I totally agree with you, Kakarot, that would be great. Unless it's a lengthy thread with a well-thought out original post, most of these lists could well go down well here.

I'm so with you there, I love the vignettes for bringing guys in. I'm really intrigued as to what they'll do with Alberto, though I find it amusing already that he goes from being 'Dos Caras Jr' (Two Faces) to being 'un hombre honesto' (an honest man), though it must be said that in Spanish 'tener dos caras' is not exactly the equivalent of 'to have two faces'; the latter is about dishonesty, the former is about having two different personalities - tener doble cara is more an equivalent of two-faced here, so they may be riffing off an English mistranslation.

Either way, I'm intrigued. His gimmick seems to be the contrary of most Mexican stereotyping. He lives an aspirational lifestyle and is evidently rich. He extols honesty and educación superior (higher education). I think they are building him as a heel, but who knows - they've had him fight as a heel and a face in the time he's been with them. Here's his list of matches with the WWE, usually dark matches against faces. What's also interesting is that he had an MMA run and is trained in Græco-Roman wrestling, so he's more of a technical wrestler than the high-flyer most people expect from south of the border.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I really couldn't give a shit about an opener. But if they're punishing him, for God knows what reason, trying to drop him from current day WWE memory like you did with Flair and Hogan isn't the way to go. It's not like JR is basically bashing them or anything.

Dumb punishment

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

I ain't gonna beg

Status

I'm not certain it's really a punishment. Maybe, but Cole is the voice of WWE now like it or not.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On Vacation

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Jay View Post
    I am actualy enjoying Michael Cole as of late. I mean, he has evolved in sooooo many ways since begining. I mean, now he is being used as more then just a commentator. Which is a good thing. .
    I would rep you right now if I could.But I cant. Anyway, they are just modernising the outdated stuff, keeping it relevant to today. Like BInvader said, far too much has been made of this.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Welbek View Post
    I couldn't understand a single word of what he was saying. His voice was entirely monotone and I struggled to care that he was on my screen... I'm wondering if he'll enter the ring masked, but work promo's without it, in an almost Zorro type manner, where he fights without an identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo Slice View Post
    From what I've seen and heard from Husky so far, I'd say that was an insult to Dusty Rhodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    As Welbek said, as long as the opening post is well thought out and reasoned list threads can be quite entertaining, but yeah, they are a great contributing reason behind the creation of this thread, as many of them are very little more than spam really.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

I actually agree with Raiz. They bore me to tears.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Killing It.

Status

What exactly was Ross replaced by anyways?

RaiZ, I think he will wrestle without the mask. He did on tour and in FCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZSeQtgMEQ4

Welbek, I'd say managment was going for something ironic like that. I hope to hear commentators say "Alberto del Rio is no honest man, he's TWO FACED!" Maybe he could form a short friendship with someone and then attack them from behind or something... I think it would be funny.

I also agree, if they have great reason for making a list then make a thread for it but don't make a list just for the sake of making a thread.

Backyarder

Status
    Jim Ross IS wrestling ,period. WWE would be at a loss without him. Though he's a great fit for TNA.
    As for Michael Cole, Heidenriech butt slamming him on Smackdown says enough,lol

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I'm not certain it's really a punishment. Maybe, but Cole is the voice of WWE now like it or not.

I threw up a lil in my mouth reading that,lol.

Jerry Lawler,if anybody is. Michael Cole is & always will be a tv news guy transplanted.

Pro wrestling was not his first career choice. News was.

JR's heart & soul are in pro wrestling. Can't say the same for Cole.
    Last edited by RaiZ-R; 07-15-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Backyarder

Status

Thoughts on who will be revealed as the true leader of the Nexus?

Some sites have alluded to a top star, one put out the names John Cena or HHH.

I get the feeling it may be Vince,sort of like when he was revealed as the "Higher Power" during the attitude era.

Hopefully it won't be Michael Cole. Jim Ross however could work,as payback for years of WWE abuse,etc.

SAWFT

Status

Re: Thoughts on who will be revealed as the true leader of the Nexus?

I think it could be Triple H coming back as a heel

Stylin' and profilin'

Status

Does anyone else find the new ring announcer for NXT to be terribly grating? It's not only her voice, but also her tone - half the time, she sounds like she's talking to her dog. I half expected her to follow up with her weird 'and he is the world's strongest man, Mark Henry' with 'yes he is! yes he is, isn't he?' Little things get to me, like, when announcing two people coming to the ring at the same time, saying 'X and he is the __ champion, Y'. The 'he is' is pretty redundant. Maybe it's just me being pedantic.

#pipebombshell

Status

Savannah was fired and replaced with her... I obviously hate her.

Thread Information