Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HWL: Part Two

dxanman

HWL: Part Two

In the fall of 2009, a little known promotion called the Horizon Wrestling League (HWL), after not being able to sustain the fan base or profit margin that was expected, closed it's doors.

In the ensuing months, offers came from all over the world, from millionares as far east as India, to purchase the rights to the HWL in the hopes of re-starting the franchise. Finally, in the early part of 2010, an English businessman named Peter Bradshaw, bought the rights to the HWL and announced that in the Spring, he would bring the company back to the States.

[hr]

January 15, 2010 - London, England
    Peter Bradshaw and Randall Baker made a joint press conference where it was announced that the newly formed HWL will be holding their first televised event in over six months, in the former hometown of the company: Nashville, Tennessee. The date was set for April 5, 2010. Bradshaw also made a point to mention that he - like Baker in the beginning - had secured the contracts of wrestlers from all over the U.S. In the coming weeks, he said, a handful of names will be released to the public.

dxanman

Re: HWL: Part Two

February 5, 2010
    London, England - HWL owner Peter Bradshaw released a statement announcing that he had made contact with his first two acquisitions: Yoshi Tatsu and Zack Ryder. "You better believe I'm looking forward to joining the HWL," Ryder said after the announcement was made. "It's clear that Bradshaw has high hopes for me. Why else would he announce me as one of the first signings?"

February 12, 2010
    Nashville, Tennessee - Peter Bradshaw held a small press conference outside the Bridgestone Arena, today, to announce that tickets for the April 5th debut of "Chaos" would go on-sale February 20th. The press conference was also used as a platform to announce the signing of The Hart Dynasty as David Hart, Tyson Kidd and Nattie Neidhart were all in attendance.

It was also announced that the HWL's first pay-per-view - Rebellion - would be held on April 25th, from the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. Tickets for the event would go on-sale on February 27th.

February 19, 2010
    Nashville, Tennessee - In a written statement released by The Tennesseean, Bradshaw announced that five big signings had taken place during the week: Mickie James, Frankie Kazarian (Kaz), Evan Bourne and Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed) were joining the HWL!

February 21, 2010
    On the official HWL website, it was announced that tickets for the April 5th show at the Bridgestone Arena had been moving at a decent pace: 6,500 tickets had been sold in 36 hours. "Considering the circumstances surround the roster and the ticket release date," Peter Bradshaw said from his office in Nashville, "I'm very pleased with how things are looking. But, I can promise you, things are only going to get better."

February 26, 2010
    "The HWL Sweeps Clean the Knockouts" read the headline on the HWL's main page today as it was announced that Angelina Love, Daffney and Velvet Sky had all signed contracts and would be in Nashville on April 5th.

February 27, 2010
    Tickets for the April 25th pay-per-view - Rebellion - went on-sale today across the country. "Sales were slow," Peter Bradshaw said, "but, that's to be expected right now. We're all thinking that we'll see those numbers rise in a matter of days."

dxanman

March 5, 2010
    "Huge Names Sign with Upstart Promotion" read the headline on Pro Wrestling Illustrated's website today. The story announced that Ken Anderson, Rhino, and Shelton Benjamin had all signed contracts with the Horizon Wrestling League.

"I was there when the ECW was getting bigger. I helped put that company on the map and keep it there. I brought the "extreme" to TNA when they needed it, and this is just another chance to do the same thing." - Rhino

"You know, it's about time that someone gave me the credit I rightfully deserved. Mr. Bradshaw has good taste in talent as the HWL has now become the "Gold Standard" in professional wrestling." - Shelton Benjamin

"Mr. Anderson will be coming to the HWL very soon. And, when I get there, you better believe that it won't be long before that Heavyweight Title is around my waist." - Ken Anderson.

March 12, 2010
    AJ Styles, D'Angelo Dinero, Desmond Wolfe and Maria Kanellis are announced as having signed contracts with the HWL, via the HWL website.

March 19, 2010
    The Legacy (Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes), Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin), and Montel Vontavious Porter sign with the HWL.

March 26, 2010
    CM Punk, Kane, Kurt Angle, Matt Morgan and Randy Orton are all announced to have signed contracts with the HWL, just a week before the company's debut episode of "Chaos".

On Vacation

Status

This is cool. I'll be following.

dxanman

Thanks. I'm hoping I can do something with this. It's my first attempt at actually writing out a BTB. I used a match simulator for my last circuit. So, we'll see where things go.

Killing It.

Status

Nice concept bringing in some guys every week. Your roster is shaping up nicely!
    With it being called "part two" I was confused coming in, but i get it now. Maybe "The New HWL" would have been better? Lol

dxanman

Monday Night Chaos
    04/05/2010 Preview

A New Era Begins:
    The Horizon Wrestling League debuts this Monday night in Nashville, with a the first round in the Heavyweight Title tournament. Peter Bradshaw has announced that the tournament rankings will be based on career Heavyweight Title reigns.

Also, this Monday night, the X-Division will be showcased in an eight-man tag team, elimination match.

The Vixen's Title will be on the line in the debut edition of "Chaos" in a six-Vixen Battle Royal, with the winner being awarded the first championship in the HWL!

And, finally, the tag team division will see action this Monday night in a Fatal Four Way match to determine the placement in the Tag Team Title Tournament scheduled for later this month.

People's Champion

Status

This looks really good. I will try to keep up with it my friend.
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

On Vacation

Status

This is, like I said earlier, cool and it seems to be very interesting. The first show looks like it's going to be awesome and I can't wait for it.

People's Champion

Status

When are you going to post your full roster?
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

dxanman

Horizon Wrestling League Roster

AJ Styles - Heel
    CM Punk - Heel
    D'Angleo Dinero - Face
    Desmond Wolfe - Heel
    Evan Bourne - Face
    Kane - Face
    Frankie Kazarian - Face
    Kurt Angle - Face
    Matt Morgan - Face

Montel Vontavious Porter - Heel
    Ken Anderson - Heel
    Randy Orton - Face
    Rhino - Heel
    Yoshi Tatsu - Face

Angelina Love - Face
    Daffney - Heel
    Gail Kim - Face
    Natayla - Heel
    Nikki Bella - Face
    Velvet Sky - Heel

Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) - Face
    Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed) - Face
    The Legacy (Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes) - Heel
    The Hart Dynasty (David Hart & Tyson Kidd) - Heel

as of 04/19/2010:
    HWL Heavyweight Champion: vacant
    HWL X-Division Champion: vacant
    HWL Tag Team Champions: vacant
    HWL Women's Champion: Natalya (d. Velvet Sky 04/19/10)
    Last edited by dxanman; 02-19-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Sole Survivor

roster looks pretty good, this has a cool backstory and such as kakarot i was confused with the thread title but now it is making sense, i cant wait for the first show and i say good luck to you with this thread

dxanman

Well, I know that I haven't been on here in a very, VERY long time... but, I haven been writing for this BTB since I posted the beginning parts of it almost two years ago. I am going to start posting my shows, and am hoping to be a contributor for this website for the foreseeable future.

Again, I apologize for my very lengthy delay in posting, but hope you guys enjoy the Horzion Wrestling League...

dxanman

Monday Night Anarchy
    April 5, 2010
    Bridgestone Arena
    Nashville, Tennessee
    ==================

Josh Daniels and Scott Michaels stand in the center of the ring and welcome everyone in the viewing audience to the “rebirth” of the Horzion Wrestling League. They inform the audience that it has been nearly six months since the HWL was last on television and that there is only one man who was able to make it possible, Peter Bradshaw. Bradshaw appears on-stage, to a tremendous roar of applause from the crowd, and makes his way to the ring where he shakes his commentators’ hands. Getting a microphone, Bradshaw, in a very thick British accent, says that he saw promise in the HWL at the end of 2009 that he couldn’t let the company disappear. In January, he spoke with Randal Baker about buying out the HWL and making sure that what happened in November never took place again. Bradshaw announces that, in the coming weeks, a new training facility will be up and running in the United Kingdom, strictly for the purpose of developing the “new breed” of HWL stars. Also, because of the training facility, Bradshaw announces that the HWL will be during a summer tour in the UK to show the English fans what this product is all about. But, he says that those things will wait until the come arrives.

Bradshaw then announces that there will be four singles matches tonight, as the first round of a tournament to crown the new HWL Heavyweight Champion. He also announces that, tonight, the Women’s Championship will be awarded to the winner of a six-women Battle Royal. He then thanks the crowd, Daniels and Michaels before leaving the ring.

-- Commercial Break --

HWL Heavyweight Title Tournament - Round One:
    CM Punk (w/Luke Gallows & Serena) vs. Kane

A good match to begin the “new era” of the HWL! On paper, Kane should’ve had the upper hand against Punk, tonight, but the “Straight-edge Superstar” evened the score by bringing LUKE GALLOWS and SERENA with him. Serena wasted no time, tripping Kane just minutes into the match, barely costing Punk his chance at moving on to the second round. Soon afterward, Kane and Punk found their way outside the ring, where they brawled in front of the crowd. And, yet again, Serena came to Punk’s aide by punching Kane in the back. However, this time Kane wasn’t as nice, as he connected with a vicious right hand, knocking Serena to the floor! Punk was able to capitalize, hitting a knee lift that busted “The Big Red Machine” open. Back in the ring, Punk took the fight to Kane. But, tasting his own blood, Kane caught Punk with a big boot to the face. He followed that up with the Chokeslam From Hell for the pin-fall, moving himself into the second round.

Kane pinned CM Punk with the Choke Slam From Hell in 8:59.
    Rating: ** ½
    [Serena interfered against Kane.]

-- Commercial Break --

ORTON COMMENTS ON HIS OPPONENT
    As “Anarchy” returns from commercials, backstage interviewer, Alisha Hicks, catches up with Randy Orton and asks for a comment about his opponent later tonight: Mr. Anderson.

Orton says that he and Mr. Anderson have a lot of history together from their days in the WWE. Orton says that he’s done nothing but work out and stay in shape since November, and that he watched Mr. Anderson go back to TNA and make a little something out of himself, but that he’s back in the HWL where none of that past means anything. Orton says that Mr. Anderson picked the short end of the straw and that he may not be prepared for what Orton has in store. Orton says that it’s been a long time since he’s been back inside a wrestling ring, but that he can’t wait for later tonight.

Six-Woman Battle Royal (HWL Women’s Title Match)

Brie Bella and Gail Kim joined the current HWL Women: Angelina Love, Daffney, Natalya and Velvet Sky, as they all vied for the chance to be the new Women’s Champion. Brie and Angelina start off the match with two minutes of basic women’s wrestling. DAFFNEY is the next to enter the ring as she goes straight for Angelina, who appeared to be expecting it, as she attempted the Lights Out. But, Daffney escaped the hold and went after Brie. After nearly throwing Brie out of the ring, Daffney is blindsided as Angelina gets back to her feet. Brie uses this opportunity to catch her breath. After composing herself, Brie grabs Daffney by surprise and throws her over the top rope for the first elimination! Angelina and Brie go after each other again, but only for a moment, as Brie uses Angelina’s own momentum to toss her out of the ring as well! VELVET SKY is next into the ring. GAIL KIM enters the ring at the six-minute mark. NATALYA enters the ring at the eight-minute mark. After a long battle with Velvet, Gail Kim is eliminated as Velvet connects with a baseball slide kick, forcing Kim to release her hold of the top rope for the third elimination. Natalya, Velvet and Brie continue to battle in the ring with various near-miss eliminations. Natalya is the fourth elimination as she is thrown over the top rope by Velvet Sky. As both women show signs of exhaustion, Brie Bella is able to connect with a spinning head scissors, disorienting Velvet. Brie takes advantage and throws Velvet over the top rope for the final elimination… and the HWL Women’s Title! As Brie celebrates with the title, Velvet lets out a horrendous scream of anger and marches her way backstage.

Brie Bella won the six-woman Battle Royal after elimination Velvet Sky in 14:36.
    Rating: ** ¾
    (Brie Bella wins the HWL Women’s Title.)

-- Commercial Break --

ANNOUNCEMENT
    A brief commercial is shown, announcing the return of HWL to pay-per-view, on April 25th! HWL REBELLION will take place from the Verizon Center in Washington, DC.

AJ STYLES MAKES A PROMISE
    After the announcement, AJ Styles confronts Alisha Hicks backstage, and demands the microphone. Standing in front of the camera, Styles says that he was the last HWL Heavyweight Champion when the company stopped last year. He says that he was never able to show how dominate of a champion he could be in the HWL, but that that will all change on April 25th, when he goes into REBELLION and wins back the Heavyweight Title. Styles then says that, later tonight, Matt Morgan will be his first example.

TAG TEAM FATAL FOURWAY MATCH:
    The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Lethal Consequences vs. The Legacy vs. The Hart Dynasty

All four of these teams were gunning to get the number one seed heading into the Tag Team Title Tournament that begins next week. This match had loads of back-and-forth action, with all four teams resisting to give up and ground to the other, but ultimately that had to be a winner; but the Nashville crowd was not expecting to see it go down like it did. With only two teams showing dominant ability, it was only natural that they would be the last two teams remaining at the end. The Motor City Machine Guns and The Legacy battled for the final few minutes of the match, but it seems as if the pressure had gotten to Ted DiBiase, Jr., as he pushed referee TONY SMITH to the ground - out of frustration - and cost his teams’ chance at the #1 seed. CHRIS SABIN and ALEX SHELLY celebrated their questionable victory as the crowd looked on in shock.

The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin) defeated Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed), The Legacy (Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase), and The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd):
    X C. Sabin beat Lethal via the Cradle Shock in 22:42.
    X DiBiase beat D.H. Smith via the Dream Street in 26:26.
    X C. Sabin beat DiBiase via disqualification in 27:32.
    Rating: **

-- Commercial Break --

KANE IS SILENT
    A promotional commercial is shown for next week’s edition of “Anarchy”, begging the question of who will continue to advance in the Heavyweight Title tournament. Also, what teams will come out victorious, on their way to the Tag Team Title match at REBELLION?

After the ad, Alisha Hicks tries to get a comment from Kane, who defeated CM Punk earlier tonight. Kane, however, shrugs off her question and walks away from Alisha, saying absolutely nothing. Scott and Josh agree that Kane may be too focused on getting another championship around his waist.

Heavyweight Title Tournament - Round One:
    Randy Orton vs. Mr. Anderson

Randy Orton had some very strong words to say about Mr. Anderson leading up to this match, but was unable to back them up as Mr. Anderson got the victory after a somersault slam. The crowd was not too happy with the outcome of this match and they voiced their dislike as Anderson made his way to the back. Inside the ring, Orton slapped the mat in outrage.

Mr. Anderson pinned Randy Orton after a somersault slam in 11:31.
    Rating: ** ¼

-- Commercial Break --

AJ Styles (w/Ric Flair) vs. Desmond Wolfe (w/Chelsea)

Earlier tonight, AJ Styles promised the HWL audience that he would walk away from REBELLION as the Heavyweight Champion. Unfortunately, for Styles, Desmond Wolfe had other plans. This was a back and forth match, as both men went after each other with everything they had, but it was Wolfe who came out on top. He picked up the pin-fall victory with the Jawbreaker Lariat, sending himself into next week’s second round, and moving AJ onto other things.

Desmond Wolfe pinned AJ Styles with the Jawbreaker Lariat in 12:19.
    Rating: *** ¼

-- Commercial Break --

BRIE BELLA CELEBRATES
    As Anarchy returns from the break, Brie Bella is seen talking on the phone, wearing the HWL Women’s Title around her waist. She gets off the phone as Alisha Hicks approaches, and congratulates her on the victory. Brie says that she couldn’t be happier, and that she would’ve never expected to win the Women’s Title just a week ago, when she was offered a contract. Then, out of nowhere, VELVET SKY attacks Brie from behind, knocking Brie down to the concrete. Velvet lands some vicious kicks to Brie’s ribs, and says that Mr. Bradshaw made a huge mistake by offering her a contract. Velvet walks off, confident, as Alisha looks for help.

Six-Man Tag Team Match:
    D’Angelo Dinero/Evan Bourne/Kaz vs. Montel Vontavious Porter/Rhino/Yoshi Tatsu

The HWL’s X-Division was shown off in this six-man match that saw the team of Dinero, Bourne and Kaz pick up the victory as Kaz hit Rhino with the Wave of the Future for the victory. This victory looks good for Kaz as the tournament for the X-Division begins next week.

D’Angelo Dinero, Evan Bourne and Kaz defeated Montel Vontavious Porter, Rhino and Yoshi Tatsu when Kaz pinned Rhino with the Wave of the Future in 10:42.

-- Commercial Break --

Matt Morgan vs. Kurt Angle

The final match of the evening saw two men eager - and willing - to stop at nothing to get the final spot in the Heavyweight Title tournament. Angle and Morgan brawled from pillar to post, in- and outside of the ring; and referee Ryan Tran even bumped at the end of the match, just before Angle locked in the Ankle Lock. As Tran slowly got back to his feet, he couldn’t help but see Morgan tapping from the pain, and he called for the bell! After the match, Angle celebrated with the fans as Morgan struggled to get back to his feet.

Kurt Angle made Matt Morgan submit to the Ankle Lock in 16:47.

Card Rating: ***

dxanman

Monday Night Anarchy
    April 12, 2010
    Thompson-Boiling Arena
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    ==================

MR. BRADSHAW MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT
    HWL Owner, Peter Bradshaw, started off the show this week by coming to the ring with the HWL Women’s Title draped over his shoulder. Bradshaw says that, over the weekend, he was contacted by BRIE BELLA, who informed him that she would be leaving the HWL. Citing family issues with her sister as her reasoning, Brie effectively dropped the HWL Women’s Title. Bradshaw says that he will make an announcement, later in the show, as to the future of the Women’s Title.

Commercial Break

X-Division Title Tournament - Quarter Finals:
    Evan Bourne vs. Montel Vontavious Porter

This match was a classic battle of speed vs. power as both men were hoping to advance to the semi-finals next week. MVP used his strength to gain the upper hand over the high-flying Bourne, but was unable to keep the youngster down for the three-count. However, MVP didn’t need a pin-fall tonight, as he was able to move out of the way of a baseball slide by Bourne, sending Bourne crashing onto the concrete floor at ringside. Seeing his chance, MVP slid back into the ring and watched as Bourne was counted out! With the win, MVP will move on to face Kaz in the semis.

Montel Vontavious Porter defeated Evan Bourne by countout in 6:12.
    Rating: * ¾

Commercial Break

Backstage, Alisha Hicks catches up with Kaz as he enters the arena to a tremendous cheer from the fans watching at ringside. Kaz says that he is excited to see where he can go in the X-Division tournament, and says that he feels like the man to beat, citing his pin-fall over Rhino in last week’s six-man tag match. Then, out of nowhere, Rhino goars Kaz on the concrete floor, must to the fans’ dislike! Rhino stands over Kaz and says that, if Kaz can make it through next week, his destiny will be met at Rebellion. Rhino walks away, leaving Kaz squirming on the ground…

Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi-Finals:
    Mr. Anderson vs. Desmond Wolfe (w/Chelsea)

Two men with reputations for being very cocky faced-off in the first semi-final round match of the evening. Mr. Anderson was coming off a victory over Randy Orton, and was hoping to do the same to Wolfe before the Englishman could run his mouth, but Wolfe wasn’t willing to go down the same way Orton had. Desmond took the fight to Mr. Anderson and, in the process, began to hear some fades cheers for his actions. Anderson did whatever he could to fight back, but he was no match for the Jawbreaker Lariat, as Desmond Wolfe picked up the victory and supplanted himself in the Heavyweight Title Match at Rebellion on April 25th!

Desmond Wolfe pinned Mr. Anderson with the Jawbreaker Lariat in 7:27.

Commercial Break

The Motor City Machine Guns come out to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd. They play to the Knoxville crowd, getting them to boo them louder, as ALEX SHELLEY grabs the microphone. Shelley says that he and Chris Sabin have been around the world for this business. Shelley says that they have spent time in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom, and have been champions everywhere they’ve gone. Sabin then gets on the mic and reminds everyone that they were the final Tag Team Champions in the PEW at the end of 2009. Sabin says that he and Shelley have made the step up to the HWL roster, and that there is nothing stopping them from winning the Tag Team Titles at Rebellion. Shelley takes the mic back and states that it doesn’t matter to them who they have to face at Rebellion, but that their goal is to never let go of the HWL Tag Team Titles.

Commercial Break

Rankings Match:
    Lethal Consequences vs. The Hart Dynasty (w/Natalya)

The new “Rankings” System implemented by Peter Bradshaw saw it’s debut tonight as Lethal Consequences tried to move closer to a Tag Team title match, and The Hart Dynasty tried to keep their space secure for their own possible run. However, neither team was able to defeat the other as they battled to a time limit draw. After the match, all four men brawled in the center of the ring, until HWL officials rushed down and separated them.

The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd) and Lethal Consequences (Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed) battled to a draw in 20:00.
    Rating: * ¼

Commercial Break

Coming back from the break, Peter Bradshaw is seen sitting behind his desk, the Women’s Title propped on the corner. Bradshaw says that, since the title has been vacated only a week after it was won, he has no choice but to award it to a willing owner. He goes on to say that, next week, the Women’s Title will be on the line in a match between the top two ranked women in the HWL: Velvet Sky and Natalya.

X-Division Title Tournament - Quarter Finals:
    D’Angelo Dinero vs. Yoshi Tatsu

Yoshi Tatsu picks up a very impressive victory tonight, using the Northern Lights suplex to move on to the semis.

Yoshi Tatsu pinned D’Angelo Dinero after a Northern Lights suplex in 9:26.
    Rating: *
    ½**

Commercial Break

Heavyweight Title Tournament - Semi Finals:
    Kurt Angle vs. Kane

Kurt Angle came into this match hoping to duplicate his fortunes from last week, by defeating another “big man” of the HWL, but “The Big Red Monster” had other plans for the “Olympic Gold Medalist”. The two, multi-time World Champions, fought each other tooth-and-nail tonight, taking each other to the limit… much to the fans delight. On multiple occasions, Angle attempted the Olympic Slam, but Kane was much heavy. Eventually, Angle’s back appeared to have been injured as they brawled outside the ring, and Kane had found his opening. With time winding down, and with a chance to go into Rebellion and challenge for the Heavyweight Title, Kane connected with the Choke Slam From Hell for the victory!

Kane pinned Kurt Angle with the Choke Slam From Hell in 17:54.
    ½**

Card Rating: ***

dxanman

Monday Night Anarchy
    April 19, 2010
    Roanoke Civic Center
    Roanoke, Virginia

A CHALLENGE ISSUED
    Just six days away from Rebellion, Kaz comes out to start the show in his street clothes, and says he has something to get off his chest. He says that, last week, Rhino attacked him while his back was turned, because he knows it was the only time Rhino could take advantage of him. Kaz says that he’s never backed down from a fight, and calls out Rhino to finish things, once and for all. After a few tense moments, RHINO appears on-stage and makes his way down the ramp. Rhino slides into the ring as he and Kaz get into a shoving match, much to the fans’ enjoyment. However, both men stop at the sound of Mr. Bradshaw’s voice, as the HWL Owner appears on-stage. Bradshaw says that the two men will fight each other, but that it will not be tonight. Bradshaw says that, at the earliest, the two men could take their aggression out on Sunday night, at Rebellion. But, there are only two ways to make that happen. Bradshaw says that both men either lose their matches tonight and face either in six days, or they both win their matches, and face each other for the HWL X-Division Title in six days. Bradshaw leaves the stage as Rhino and Kaz stare at each other.

Commercial Break

HWL Women’s Title Match:
    Velvet Sky vs. Natalya

Velvet Sky was hoping to change her luck against Natalya tonight, taking part in her second Women’s Title match in three weeks, but the Hart Dynasty member was more of a challenge then she was hoping for. Using her strength advantage over Velvet, Natalya held control for most of the match, even locking in the Sharpshooter for 34 seconds! Velvet showed a lot of resolve by not tapping out to the move, but it visibly weakened her. Natalya took advantage of this and hit the Michinoku Driver for the victory to become the second HWL Women’s Champion!
    Natalya pinned Velvet Sky after the Michinoku Driver in 10:41.
    Rating: **
    (Natalya won the HWL Women’s Title.)

Commercial Break

MVP ISSUES A WARNING
    Alisha Hicks is with Montel Vontavious Porter when Anarchy returns. Porter says that he saw the confrontation between Kaz and Rhino earlier in the evening. Porter says he wants to warn Kaz of something that Kaz may not be aware of. Porter says that, Kaz can spend all night long worrying about when and where he’s going to face Rhino, but that that is just going to make it easier for Porter to take Kaz’s spot in the X-Division Title Match on Sunday night at Rebellion.

AJ Styles (w/Ric Flair) vs. Randy Orton

AJ Styles picked up an impressive victory of Randy Orton tonight, hitting the Styles Clash for the win. With the win, Styles moves up one spot in the Heavyweight Title rankings.

AJ Styles pinned Randy Orton with the Styles Clash in 6:39.
    ¼**

Commercial Break

WOLFE COMMENTS ON REBELLION
    Desmond Wolfe and Chelsea come out to the ring as Anarchy comes back from commercials. The fans are a mix of cheers and boos as Wolfe begins to speak about his plans for Rebellion. Wolfe says that he knows people aren’t going to give him a chance against Kane on Sunday night. Wolfe admits that Kane is a much bigger opponent than he has faced in the tournament, but that Kane’s size advantage doesn’t concern him. Wolfe says that he has fought much bigger, and much stronger, men during his years in England. Wolfe says that he hasn’t seen anything from Kane to make him worry about losing the Heavyweight Title, and that every “big man” like Kane has a weakness…

Wolfe gets cut off as the lights in the Civic Center go off; the crowd cheering with delight. When the lights come back on, Kane appears behind Wolfe as the crowd goes crazy! Chelsea screams, and leaves the ring, causing Wolfe to turn around. When he does, Kane grabs him by the throat and hit’s the Choke Slam From Hell in the center of the ring! Kane stands over Wolfe and smiles as Chelsea begs him to stop from ringside.

Commercial Break

Legacy vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

In what is the quickest match in the history of the HWL, to date, the Machine Guns “stole” a victory tonight as Alex Shelley countered a Cody Rhodes body slam into an inside cradle. Holding the tights, out of the referee’s line of sight, Shelley was awarded the pin-fall! After the match, the Machine Guns quickly left the ring and celebrated their victory as the crowd voiced their distaste.

The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) defeated The Legacy (Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase, Jr.) when A. Shelley pinned C. Rhodes after an inside cradle in 0:41.
    Rating: * **

Commercial Break

MR. BRADSHAW MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT
    Backstage, after the commercials, PETER BRADSHAW is seen with Alisha Hicks. Bradshaw says that, with Natalya winning the Women’s Title tonight, that there must be a new number one contender. At Rebellion, he says, a second Battle Royal will be held to name the new challenger for Natalya and to finalize the standings in the Women’s Title rankings.

X-Division Title Tournament - Semi-Final:
    Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Kaz

Kaz came into this match wanting to make sure that he was taking part in the X-Division Title match at Rebellion, and the only person he had to go through was MVP. However, MVP appeared to have been a fortune teller as Kaz was unable to keep his mind on the match at hand, when Rhino appeared on-stage, distracting him. MVP used this opportunity to hit the Playmaker for the victory. After the match, Rhino looked on with pleasure as Kaz slowly got to his feet.

Montel Vontavious Porter pinned Kaz with the Playmaker in 14:43.

Commercial Break

X-Division Title Tournament - Semi-Final:
    Yoshi Tatsu vs. Rhino

The final tournament match of the week pitted “The War Machine”, who seemed to have the pressure lifted off his shoulders, having helped MVP defeat Kaz earlier in the evening, against the younger Tatsu, who was hoping to complete the task of taking out the biggest names in the tournament. Tatsu was taking all that Rhino could give him, but Rhino’s pressure was alleviated once again, when D’ANGELO DINERO came to the ring and attacked Tatsu with a chair! Rhino then hit the Gore for the victory! After the match, as Dinero was making his way up the ramp, KAZ jumped the barricade and attacked Rhino as the crowd went crazy! HWL officials rushed down to the ring and separated the two.

Rhino pinned Yoshi Tatsu with the Gore in 7:55.
    Rating: ** ¼
    [D’Angelo Dinero interfered against Yoshi Tatsu.]

Card rating: ** 1/4

dxanman

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - Nashville, TN

In just five days, the Horizon Wrestling League (HWL), will hold their first pay-per-view event in the Nation's capital - Washington, DC! This will be the company's first PPV since returning from it's hiatus, and will be featuring seven huge matches throughout the evening. Here is the final line-up for Sunday's REBELLION event:
    HWL Heavyweight Title Match
    Desmond Wolfe vs. Kane

HWL X-Division Title Match
    Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Rhino

HWL Tag Team Title Match
    Legacy vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

Vixen's #1 Contender Battle Royal
    Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle
    Lethal Consequences vs. The Hart Dynasty
    Yoshi Tatsu vs. Kaz

Predictions are welcome.

Sir. I Did A Cougar

Status

the first post excited me; but with the roster being just WWE/TNA you could have just made it a mainstream TNA or WWE booker.
    MILLAR HAS RETURNED TO BE THE BOOKER!

dxanman

HWL REBELLION
    April 25, 2010
    Verizon Center
    Washington, DC
    ===============

Dark Matches

Evan Bourne defeated AJ Styles by countout in 9:42.
    Rating: * ¼

Matt Morgan defeated CM Punk by disqualification in 0:39.

Live Show

Five-Woman Battle Royal

The night started off with the battle royal to determine the new challenger for Natalya’s Women’s Title. ANGELINA LOVE started things off against someone the crowd in D.C. was very surprised to see: NIKKI BELLA! After a quick back-and-forth beginning, Bella threw Angelina over the top rope for the first elimination. GAIL KIM entered at the two-minute mark. DAFFNEY entered at the 4:00 mark and directly went after Gail Kim. VELVET SKY entered at the 6:00 mark and also attacked Gail Kim! But, after fending off both Daffney and Velvet, Gail Kim was able to get away and clotheslined Sky over the top rope for the second elimination. Daffney tried to take advantage of it, and charged in at Kim, but Kim ducked underneath and hit a perfect dropkick to the back that sent Daffney over the top rope! Now down to the final two, and Gail Kim and Nikki Bella bring out all the stops. They brawl all over the ring with various elimination attempts getting the crowd excited. In the end, Nikki Bella is able to clothesline Gail Kim over the top rope for the final elimination! Just like her sister, Nikki Bella came out of nowhere to become the new #1 Contender for the Women’s Title!

Nikki Bella won a 5-Woman Battle Royal by eliminating Gail Kim in 12:09.

ANGLE IS DETERMINED
    Backstage, Alisha Hicks is seen with Kurt Angle. “The Olympic Gold Medalist” says that he has been one of the best wrestlers over the past decade, and that all his title reigns should speak volumes. Angle says that he isn’t pleased with the way he performed during the Heavyweight Title tournament, and that he’s looking forward to seeing the match between DESMOND WOLFE and KANE later tonight. But, Angle says that he’s not going to sit by and watch other people in the HWL get shots at either one of them. Angle says that tonight, against MR. ANDERSON, he’s going to start making his case that he should be the next challenger for the Heavyweight Title.

THE LEGACY GETS A SECOND CHANCE
    Also backstage, Tim Hanson is seen with CODY RHODES and TED DIBIASE, JR. Rhodes says that last Monday night, he and DiBiase stepped into the ring with The Motor City Machine Guns to see who could be the better team, but the match ended up in a draw. Now, Rhodes says, the stakes are even higher as the Tag Team Title are on the line. DiBiase says that The Legacy have been handed a second chance at proving that they are the better team… the “best” team in the HWL. And, DiBiase says, that nothing proves that point better then walking out of Rebellion as the Tag Team Champions.

Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle

The crowd was looking forward to this match, and they were definitely not disappointed! Angle and Anderson’s history has been well known, stemming back to the encounters they shared in TNA over the end of ‘09 and into the beginning of ‘10. Tonight, they rekindled that rivalry, and by the end of the match, it appeared that it won’t be ending any time soon. Angle and Anderson battled in and out of the ring throughout the match, and a pair of brass knuckles were used by Mr. Anderson, but referee Ryan Tran was unaware of their existence. Angle fought back, but was clearly weakened by the use of the weapon, and Anderson hit the Mic Check to pick up the victory.

Mr. Anderson pinned Kurt Angle with the Mic Check in 18:10.
    Rating: *** ½

THE GUNS COMMENT
    Backstage, Tim Hanson is seen with ALEX SHELLEY and CHRIS SABIN. Told of what The Legacy had to say a few minutes ago, Shelley responded by saying that the better team will walk away with the Tag Team Titles tonight, but that no matter what, everyone will know that the “best” time is from the great state of Michigan! The fans don’t respond well, booing Shelley from the ring area. Sabin then says that the only reason The Legacy is getting a second chance is because he and Shelley were finding weaknesses in their abilities; and now that they’ve found them, there’s no way the Guns won’t leave with the Tag Team Titles around their waist.

CONSEQUENCES CREED WANTS SHOT
    Also backstage, Alisha Hicks confronts Lethal Consequences as they get ready for their match. Creed takes a moment to comment, saying that, for the second time in as many weeks, he and Jay Lethal will be facing off against The Hart Dynasty. Creed says that tonight is going to be a lot different because there is a lot more riding on this match then the first one. Creed says that he and Lethal are going to stop at nothing to make sure they are the new #1 Contenders when Rebellion comes to a close.

Tag Team Title Match:
    The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Legacy

What a way to crown a new pair of Tag Team Champions! The Guns and Legacy put it all on the line tonight, as both teams wanted to back up their words from earlier, but it came down to one team getting the upper hand late in the match… as the match closed in on being a second draw in a row. These four young athletes put their bodies on the line, using high risk moves and speed to get the better of each other. And, in the end. Chris Sabin connected with a top-rope Frankensteiner for the victory! The crowd was not too happy to hear the Guns crowned the HWL Tag Team Champions.

The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Legacy when C. Sabin pinned DiBiase after a top-rope Frankensteiner in 18:12.
    (The Motor City Machine Guns won the HWL Tag Team Titles. )

HART DYNASTY HAS A GOAL
    Backstage, Alisha Hicks catches up with David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, and Natalya, who proudly carries the Women’s Title over her shoulder. Smith says that he and Natalya have been bred for this business, and that they’ve grown up watching their family become superstars. Smith says that Tyson Kidd, who he treats like a brother, has been trained by the very best: the Hart Family. Smith says that he and Kidd have goals of winning every title possible in the HWL, and that the Dynasty is just beginning with Natalya’s win on Monday night. Smith says that tonight, after beating Lethal Consequences, he and Kidd will set their sights on winning the Tag Team Titles… making the Dynasty complete for the time being.

At ringside, Josh Daniels and Scott Michaels announce that, on May 30, 2010, the HWL will be in Hartford, Connecticut for their up-coming pay-per-view: Fully Loaded. They announce that the event will take place at the XL Center and that tickets go on-sale Saturday, May 1st.

Lethal Consequences vs. The Hart Dynasty (w/Natalya)

After tonight, it appears that the Hart Dynasty will have a little longer to wait until they can claim hold of more than one tight, thanks to the Women’s Champion. Natalya had interfered earlier in the match, trying to get inside the minds of Lethal Consequences, but they battled through and stayed even with the bigger team. Natalya’s first attempt was noticed by the referee, and he made a point to keep an eye outside the ring for the duration of the match. When Natalya tripped Jay Lethal again, the referee wasted no time in calling for the bell. Lethal and Creed quickly left the ring as Smith and Kidd looked on in shock.

Lethal Consequences defeated The Hart Dynasty when Lethal defeated T. Kidd by disqualification in 15:09.

KAZ COMMENTS
    Backstage, Tim Hanson is seen with Kaz, who seems quite ready for tonight’s match-up. Kaz said that he knows Rhino doesn’t want to face him in the ring, one on one. Kaz said that Rhino knows that Kaz can pin him, because he did it three weeks ago at the debut of Anarchy. Kaz said that Rhino should be happy - and lucky - that he doesn’t have to face Kaz for the X-Division Title. Kaz finished off by saying that last Monday night was just a bump in the road, and that he will stop at nothing to get back at Rhino for costing him a chance at the X-Division Title.

MVP RECALLS ANARCHY
    Also backstage, Alisha Hicks is seen with Montel Vontavious Porter. Porter said that today is the day that the “Playmaker” shines in the HWL. Porter said that, sooner or later, everyone in the HWL will believe what he says, and that no one has to look any further than Kaz. Porter said that he warned Kaz, Monday night, about getting distracted in their match. He said that, if Kaz was serious about winning the X-Division Title, he would’ve kept his mind at the match at hand. But, because Kaz didn’t, Porter said that he has to watch the Most Valuable Player of the HWL walk out of Rebellion with the X-Division Title. Before walking away, Porter said that the same warning had now been issued to Rhino… because he didn’t want Rhino complaining after tonight.

Yoshi Tatsu vs. Kaz

Kaz made good on his pre-match promise, and made short work of Yoshi Tatsu, hitting the Wave of the Future to pick up the victory.

Kaz pinned Yoshi Tatsu with the Wave of the Future in 9:52.
    Rating: ***

RHINO RESPONDS
    Backstage, with Alisha Hicks, “The War Machine” said that he couldn’t help but laugh at what both Kaz and MVP had to say earlier tonight. He said that he’s not worried about Kaz’s threat, and that Kaz shouldn’t consider his win over Tatsu a huge accomplishment. Rhino said that he’s ready, where and whenever Kaz wants to go, but that unlike Kaz, he can keep his mind focused. Rhino then says that he appreciates MVP’s warning, but that Porter is the one that needs to be worried. Rhino says that he’s only got his mind on one thing… the X-Division Title, and there’s only one person standing in his way of getting it.

WOLFE COMMENTS
    Also backstage, Desmond Wolfe and Chelsea are seen with Tim Hanson. The male portion of the crowd cheers for Chelsea as a mixed reaction is given to Wolfe. Wolfe says that he’s a bit sore from the attack from Kane on Monday night, but that it’s not going to stop him from fighting “The Big Red Monster” for the Heavyweight Title. Wolfe says that Kane appears to be insecure of his abilities, and that’s the reason he attacked Wolfe at Anarchy. Wolfe says that he’s a bigger man than Kane, and doesn’t need to attack people to prove his dominance. He says that tonight, he will get his revenge on Kane, and walk away as the new Heavyweight Champion.

X-Division Title Match:
    Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Rhino

MVP had sent a warning to Rhino earlier in the evening, but “The War Machine” appeared to not need any advice, as he quickly defeated “The Playmaker” after hitting the Gore to win the X-Division Title.

Rhino pinned Montel Vontavious Porter with the Gore in 7:16.
    (Rhino won the HWL X-Division Title.)

KANE COMMENTS
    Backstage, Tim Hanson is seen with Kane as gets ready for the main event. Kane said that Desmond Wolfe is lucky to be able to challenge him for the Heavyweight Title. Kane said that, if he wanted to, he could’ve ended Wolfe’s career on Monday night, but that he wanted to see if Wolfe had the strength to pull through and show up tonight. Kane said that Wolfe may not need to attack people to show his dominance, but that Kane will dominate by walking out with the Heavyweight Title.

At ringside, again, Josh Daniels and Scott Michaels announce that the next HWL pay-per-view will be “Fully Loaded”. They announce that the event will take place from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut on May 30, 2010. They say that tickets go on sale May 1, 2010. They then speculate as to who will be the Heavyweight Champion heading into Fully Loaded.

Heavyweight Title Match:
    Desmond Wolfe (w/Chelsea) vs. Kane

The Verizon Center was rocking as this match got underway. Wolfe went on the attack first, and was able to hit the Jawbreaker Lariat very early in the match, but Kane kicked out. Kane was able to reverse another lariat, into a power slam, and then hit the Choke Slam From Hell. But, this time, Wolfe found a way to kick out before the three. Wolfe had Kane on his heels for most of the match, getting close calls on countless occasions. Kane’s only defense was to take the match outside the ring, where he could use the ringside area to his advantage. But, Kane wasn’t able to capitalize on the opportunity, as Wolfe wouldn’t go down. Frustrated, and a little shook up from earlier in the match, Kane was susceptible to another Jawbreaker Lariat from Wolfe. This time, Wolfe was able to cover Kane for the victory, and become the new HWL Heavyweight Champion! After the match, Wolfe and Chelsea celebrated in the center of the ring as the crowd slowly began to cheer.

Desmond Wolfe pinned Kane with the Jawbreaker Lariat in 14:00.
    (Desmond Wolfe won the HWL Heavyweight Title.)

Card Rating: ** 1/2

dxanman

MONDAY NIGHT ANARCHY PREVIEW
    (04/26/10)

Twenty-four hours after up-ending "The Big Red Monster" at Rebellion, what will new HWL Heavyweight Champion, Desmond Wolfe have to say about taking the top spot in the company? And, who stake their claim to the number one contendership?

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles has said that he and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will have an announcement this Monday night. What will the former Heavyweight Champion have to say?

Scheduled Matches

Non-Title Match
    Angelia Love vs. (c) Natalya

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
    Non-Title Match
    Lethal Consequences vs. (c) The Motor City Machine Guns

D'Angelo Dinero vs. Kaz

Kurt Angle vs. Kane

Thread Information