Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2035

Thread: Managerial Comings & Goings

  1. #1981
    Sunny
    Man's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,585
    Rep Power
    1809044
      Country                    UK

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Benitez officially appointed Dalian Yifang manager. Can’t blame him for wanting an easy couple of years on ridiculous money.

  2. #1982
    People's Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    5,618
    Rep Power
    923644
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Derby bringing in Cocu for Lampard is an interesting one. Fair play for them going for a bigger name on the continent, lets see if they give him the time to build.
    I have a plan so cunning......

    #ShadeWinsLOL

  3. #1983
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,563
    Rep Power
    1145613

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    So Newcastle appoint Steve Bruce. As a Newcastle-supporting friend said yesterday after the appointment, at least they can look forward to winning a trophy within the next three years.... it will be the Championship, but still... silverware....
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  4. #1984
    Underdog
    epo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    43193
      Country                    France

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So Newcastle appoint Steve Bruce. As a Newcastle-supporting friend said yesterday after the appointment, at least they can look forward to winning a trophy within the next three years.... it will be the Championship, but still... silverware....
    It depends whether another club that potato face Bruce claims to have supported all his life comes in for him. No loyalty this fella.


  5. #1985
    People's Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    5,618
    Rep Power
    923644
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Let's be honest, there wouldn't be many people wanting that Newcastle job at the moment.
    I have a plan so cunning......

    #ShadeWinsLOL

  6. #1986
    Sunny
    Man's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,585
    Rep Power
    1809044
      Country                    UK

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Don’t even know what to say. Obviously not happy but might as well try and get behind him.

    Not a good sign where Sky Sports is reporting that he was the 11th choice for the job... and Sam Allardyce was ahead of him.

  7. #1987
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,923
    Rep Power
    3206366
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    If anyone wants free money, stick a bet on us getting relegated next season

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk







    The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon


    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  8. #1988
    People's Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    5,618
    Rep Power
    923644
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If anyone wants free money, stick a bet on us getting relegated next season

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Lowest scorers too??
    I have a plan so cunning......

    #ShadeWinsLOL

  9. #1989
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,565
    Rep Power
    4294128
      Country                    England

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If anyone wants free money, stick a bet on us getting relegated next season

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    As depressed as you are right now, I wouldn't say that's nailed on. Sheff Utd are no hopers, Brighton I think are going to be in trouble with their new manager, Saints will have the same relegation battle they always have, Norwich don't seem to have done much to improve themselves. You'll be in a relegation battle but I'm not convinced there isn't three worse teams than you.

    Bruce is a weird manager to judge. It's very easy to say he's shit, but in the Championship he's gotten promoted four times, got close with Villa 2 seasons ago and given enough time I think he would of got Wednesday going as well and unlike Warnock who has a similar lower league record like that, Bruce has managed to keep clubs up in his past and get them to a cup final and Europe. The man is experienced and has his qualities. The problem is it's a clear backwards step from having Rafa, and you know what you're going to get with Bruce, even with a 3 year deal you can't say it's a long term project, you're just signing up for 3 years of just surviving because the funds aren't there to aim for anything higher. There's also the Ex-Sunderland issue there which some fans will never get over.

  10. #1990
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,923
    Rep Power
    3206366
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    As depressed as you are right now, I wouldn't say that's nailed on. Sheff Utd are no hopers, Brighton I think are going to be in trouble with their new manager, Saints will have the same relegation battle they always have, Norwich don't seem to have done much to improve themselves. You'll be in a relegation battle but I'm not convinced there isn't three worse teams than you.

    Bruce is a weird manager to judge. It's very easy to say he's shit, but in the Championship he's gotten promoted four times, got close with Villa 2 seasons ago and given enough time I think he would of got Wednesday going as well and unlike Warnock who has a similar lower league record like that, Bruce has managed to keep clubs up in his past and get them to a cup final and Europe. The man is experienced and has his qualities. The problem is it's a clear backwards step from having Rafa, and you know what you're going to get with Bruce, even with a 3 year deal you can't say it's a long term project, you're just signing up for 3 years of just surviving because the funds aren't there to aim for anything higher. There's also the Ex-Sunderland issue there which some fans will never get over.
    Honestly mate, we're in for the sort of season Villa had when they went down. The squad has very little quality, and there's no goals in it whatsoever. Our strikers are Gayle, who isn't a premier league striker, and Muto, who played about three games last year. Almiron is good but can't score. And while we've been good defensively, I think a lot of that is because we had Rafa Benitez organising them. Rafa papered over a lot of cracks and the lack of investment and I don't trust Bruce, with a much weaker squad than last year, to produce similar results.







    The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon


    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  11. #1991
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,563
    Rep Power
    1145613

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Let's be honest, there wouldn't be many people wanting that Newcastle job at the moment.
    The one report was saying he was the 11th choice and the other 10 weren't interested. And also that he will be the lowest paid manager in the Prem. That says something about Newcastle's intent.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  12. #1992
    Tag Team Specialist
    Tommy Thunder's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    75941
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Appointing Bruce on a 3 year deal (I'll be amazed if he lasts that long) is almost as if they're already prepping for the championship. Newcastle won't attract top players this summer and the squad is already weaker than it was last season, where Rafa performed miracles with the rabble he had at his disposal.
    I'll honestly be flabbergasted if Newcastle don't get relegated this coming season.

  13. #1993
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,563
    Rep Power
    1145613

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Appointing Bruce on a 3 year deal (I'll be amazed if he lasts that long) is almost as if they're already prepping for the championship. Newcastle won't attract top players this summer and the squad is already weaker than it was last season, where Rafa performed miracles with the rabble he had at his disposal.
    I'll honestly be flabbergasted if Newcastle don't get relegated this coming season.
    That presumes there is any intent so spend money. That doesn't appear to be the case and very likely why someone like Bruce was the only manager they could get. Ashley is an absolute albatross of an owner.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



  14. #1994
    Tag Team Specialist
    Tommy Thunder's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    75941
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That presumes there is any intent so spend money. That doesn't appear to be the case and very likely why someone like Bruce was the only manager they could get. Ashley is an absolute albatross of an owner.
    Indeed. It's incredibly tells Ng that he was their 10th choice. I feel had for Bruce in some respects.

  15. #1995
    People's Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    5,618
    Rep Power
    923644
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Watford get rid of Gracia and bring back Flores...my word.
    I have a plan so cunning......

    #ShadeWinsLOL

  16. #1996
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,565
    Rep Power
    4294128
      Country                    England

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Just reading on the athletic that Watford are gonna sack their 2nd manager of the season before Christmas

  17. #1997
    Curtain Jerker

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    To think that there are now three open vacancies in the Premier League before Xmas.

    Arsenal

    Watford

    Everton


    Mental. And I wouldn't want to touch any of them with a greasy pole.

  18. #1998
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,565
    Rep Power
    4294128
      Country                    England

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Quote Originally Posted by MC93 View Post
    To think that there are now three open vacancies in the Premier League before Xmas.

    Arsenal

    Watford

    Everton


    Mental. And I wouldn't want to touch any of them with a greasy pole.
    I know a man who is waiting for his phone to ring for any of them...


  19. #1999
    creatively drained artist
    Hermes's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Izmir
    Posts
    602
    Rep Power
    226752
      Country                    Turkey

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    I kind of understand why Napoli would fire Ancelotti but hiring Gattuso as his replacement?

    Then again, Napoli is the club who paid a simpleton like Elmas 16M Euros, so I really am not surprised.
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

  20. #2000
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,563
    Rep Power
    1145613

    Re: Managerial Comings & Goings

    Gattuso lost his first with Napoli.... so perhaps it wasn't the manager....

    Looks like Everton are close to landing Ancelotti.

    Everything coming out from Arsenal indicate its Arteta.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.



Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •