Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Family

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Modern Family

Modern Family is a comedy sitcom that airs Wednesdays on ABC. It is currently in it's very first season, and I must say, it's pretty damn hilarious. It is a mockumentary about the structure of families today all linked together (golddigging couple, gay couple, etc).

It has already been nominated for several emmys, golden globes, and SAG awards, and it's suprising that a first season show could rack up so much.

Anyone else a fan of the show?

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Ratchet

Status

Re: Modern Family

It's starting to grow on me, all three families are funny in their own way which makes it very entertaining.

Plus the columbian golddigger is pretty hot so i'm biased >,>

Your mom's boyfriend

Status

As of last week I've started watching this show and finding past episodes online to watch. This show is really funny!

I have to say the funniest character on the show is the dad of the 3 little kids. He thinks he's so cool, when in reality he's a total nerd. Ed O'Neill as Jay is also a hilarious couple.

I recommend to anyone that hasn't seen this show to check out an episode or two.

Heel Champion

Status

It's a great show, Phil is my favourite character but I like them all tbf.

HIPSTER MOD

Status

Ya. Phil (Ty Buress) is probably their best character on the show. My favorite since episode one.

"WTF means why the face"

-------
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    -------
    Nicky was right.

Heel Champion

Status

Yeah me to ever since I saw him sing the HSM song, I could not stop laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUNRWJg0P8
    Last edited by Peyton Manning; 02-11-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Mrs. Giant

Status
    one girl, i drove through 3 states wearing her head as a hat

The show cracks me up everytime. Everyone is great and dad Phil is hysterical.

Stud Muffin

Status

I absolutely love this show. I find myself rolling constantly. Julie Bowen and that Spanish chick are smoking too, so its an added bonus.

There are tons of good characters on it, but the best are Phil, Manny and Cam.

HIPSTER MOD

Status

Ya. Manny is such a great character, because kids these days do try to act older than they do.

-------
    -------
    Nicky was right.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

/hugebump

I began watching the show the other day and I'm hooked already (praise be to downloads, the show's only just started over here), and it's without a doubt one of the funniest things I've seen on television. The writing is perfect for the mockumentary style the creators are going for, and Gloria, Phil, Mitchell and Cameron are some of the best characters in my eyes, although admittedly Luke is quite brilliant as well, I had a laughing fit after this:

How's season two been so far? I intend on watching the first episode later on today, but I imagine it has hard shoes to fill given how mind-blowingly hilarious the first season was.

DD Touches my privates

Status

It's a decent show, but it hasn't kept my attention. I love the characters as they are all interesting, but the stories have been kind of boring. I'm going to keep watching just for the wide array of characters and hope the stories pick up. Last weeks was pretty good, and hopefully all are around that quality and better.

God

Status

Phil is awesome but Haley is fast becoming my favourite in this show. "Because we feel sorry for you because books are your friends." Hard to believe she is nearly 20, she looks so much younger.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Dat ass....

Status

I watched nothing of the first season of this show, we randomly started watching the new season a few weeks ago and I'm totally hooked. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time, hysterical. In fact, my wife hardly laughs at anything (no funny bone ftl), and she loves this show.

Pretty much the only show I've actually wanted to go back and rewatch old episodes for, such a good show.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Stud Muffin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    /hugebump

I began watching the show the other day and I'm hooked already (praise be to downloads, the show's only just started over here), and it's without a doubt one of the funniest things I've seen on television. The writing is perfect for the mockumentary style the creators are going for, and Gloria, Phil, Mitchell and Cameron are some of the best characters in my eyes, although admittedly Luke is quite brilliant as well, I had a laughing fit after this:

How's season two been so far? I intend on watching the first episode later on today, but I imagine it has hard shoes to fill given how mind-blowingly hilarious the first season was.

I actually think this season is just as good if not better than last years.

Lukie is hilarious. I almost pissed myself when I saw this scene. Love the parents reaction.

Phil is my favorite character on the show because he reminds me of me in a few years.

Quick line from Wednesdays episode it starts off with the mom and two daughters yelling at each other. Phil walks around the corner "Whoah Whoah, What's the hot topic on "The View" today?"

haha

One thing that does bother me is the people that get up in arms that Cam and Mitchell aren't "gay" enough and that they don't kiss and shit on tv. What people fail to realize is that is totally NOT what the show is about. Those same people don't complain that Phil and Claire don't get it on. Stupid. Not to mention neither actor is gay in real life........It's a comedy people. F'n relax.

Dat ass....

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I actually think this season is just as good if not better than last years.

Lukie is hilarious. I almost pissed myself when I saw this scene. Love the parents reaction.

Phil is my favorite character on the show because he reminds me of me in a few years.

Quick line from Wednesdays episode it starts off with the mom and two daughters yelling at each other. Phil walks around the corner "Whoah Whoah, What's the hot topic on "The View" today?"

haha

One thing that does bother me is the people that get up in arms that Cam and Mitchell aren't "gay" enough and that they don't kiss and shit on tv. What people fail to realize is that is totally NOT what the show is about. Those same people don't complain that Phil and Claire don't get it on. Stupid. Not to mention neither actor is gay in real life........It's a comedy people. F'n relax.
    Mitchell is gay irl <_<

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

God

Status

I dont mean this to sound bad, but if I were told one of Mitch or Cam were gay irl, I'd have said Cam. Guess it shows he's a really good actor.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Stud Muffin

Status

I just looked it up and whoops. GD was right. Mitchell is indeed gay as a songbird. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

On Vacation

Status

I love Modern Family. Its one of my new favourite shows

My favourite character is Cam. I just loved it when Mitchell was telling the story about him crying because they couldn't see Billy Eliott

"All he wanted to do was dance"

Internet Favorite

Status

Sofia Vergara, not the Spanish chick or the Colombian golddiger.

Chill

Status

It airs on Channel 10 here. I've tuned in to the past few episodes and found it to be alright.

I like the episode where the 2 gay guys(I don't know their names) switch roles and the Big guy goes to work and the Red- head takes care of the baby and says in (the video confession thing that they have) that he's plotting the death of Dora the Explorer. That cracked me up.

Thread Information