Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Countdown begins here...

WAKE UP

Status

Re: The Countdown begins here...

No worries, my bad. You had their 2 '06 matches next to each other and I must have missed one of them. I'll edit it in a bit.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    us=United States

This has been a fun read thus far. I wish more people had participated though. I was expecting many more than ten participants.

I'm happy to see so many matches I almost voted for end up making the countdown. I could easily have done a top 150 or maybe even a top 200. Of course, there are a few head scratchers to me as well, and a few I either hadn't seen, or have no recollection of.

Some surprises to me so far too. I was expecting more support for the two Angle-Rey matches I voted for, as they are my two favorite Angle vs. Rey matches and both guys have their fans. I also expected others to have the Angle-Benoit Raw cage match and 2000 10 Man Tag on their ballots.

But the biggest shocker thus far has to be resident Shawn Michaels hater, King Steventon, placing a Shawn vs. Masters match at #49. That's one of the matches I think I've seen, but have no memory of whatsoever.

Re: Evolution vs. Rock n Sock- I had that match on my ballot because it was one of the most fun matches I've seen this decade. I watched the match with a big goofy grin on my face the entire time. Rock+Foley+Flair in the same match=win.

RE: Angle vs. Brock Summerslam- It was the only Angle vs. Brock match I voted for. Didn't like WM 19 at all. Ironman would make a top 150. I voted for it because I liked Angle being the super babyface having to overcome the odds. About 1/3 of the maches I voted for are there because I was emotionally invested in them. This is one such case. I wanted to see Angle get his revenge on that rat bastard Lesnar, and he did. Plus, I like suplexes.

Tommy Got Hacked

On Vacation

Status

IMO this list is outrageous

WAKE UP

Status

Masters rules and you know it.

Sweet Meat

Status

I really hope Christian/Swagger is high.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On Vacation

Status

i think i saw benoit/angle cage match ahead of benoit/regal

WAKE UP

Status

Not my vote but you can't please everyone.

Sweet Meat

Status

I expected a much higher rating for it too but people didn't vote. Your fault if you don't vote.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

WAKE UP

Status

#120. Edge vs Randy Orton - RAW 4/30/2007 (56 points)
    Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Voted for by: ryden (#65), Tommy Platinum (#85), By-Tor (#97)

#119. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels [Hell In A Cell] - Bad Blood 2004 (59 points)
    Daily Motion
    ERROR: If you can see this, then Dailymotion is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#42)

#118. Chris Benoit vs Kane - Bad Blood 2004 (59 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#65), King Steventon (#78)

#117. The Undertaker vs Randy Orton [Hell In A Cell] - Armageddon 2005 (59 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Wake Up Dead (#17), KenTheKiller (#56), ryden (#96)

#116. Triple H vs Jeff Hardy - No Mercy 2008 (60 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: ryden (#63), By-Tor (#79)

#115. Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton - Smackdown 4/7/2006 (61 points)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI36cCjIqb
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#70), ryden (#71)

#114. Kurt Angle vs The Rock - No Way Out 2001 (63 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Tommy Platinum (#47), King Steventon (#94), By-Tor (#99)

#113. Rated RKO vs D-X - New Year's Revolution 2007 (64 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#64), Tommy Platinum (#74)

#112. Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs Triple H vs The Undertaker vs The Big Show vs Vladimir Kozlov [Elimination Chamber] - No Way Out 2009 (64 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: ryden (#39), Strong Machine (#49)

#111. Dean Malenko vs Scotty 2 Hotty - Backlash 2000
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Strong Machine (#14), Crocker (#46), King Steventon (#79)

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status

#110. Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero - The Great American Bash 2004 (66 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#35)

#109. Edge vs Ric Flair [Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match] - RAW 1/16/2006 (66 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: By-Tor (#50), Tommy Platinum (#86)

#
    108. Finlay vs Chris Benoit - Smackdown 5/5/2006 (69 points)
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#37), Tommy Platinum (#96)

#
    107. Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels - RAW 2/16/2004 (70 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: ryden (#64), KenTheKiller (#68)

#
    106. Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley & Shelton Benjamin vs Evolution - RAW 4/12/2004 (71 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#61), By-Tor (#70)

#105. Randy Orton vs Edge - Vengeance 2004 (72 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: ryden (#29)

#104. The Rock vs Kurt Angle [No DQ Match] - No Mercy 2000 (72 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Strong Machine (#5), By-Tor (#75)

#103. Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show [Stretcher Match] - Judgement Day 2003 (73 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#28)

#102. The Undertaker vs Triple H - Wrestlemania X-Seven (76 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Strong Machine (#43), Tommy Platinum (#66), By-Tor (#68)

#101. Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels - Survivor Series 2007 (77 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: The Postman (10), ryden (43), By-Tor (98)

WAKE UP

Status

I know I know, I overated the stretcher match but it's still awesome and I'd sill put it above a lot of other matches.

Also, Finlay/Benoit was the first match so far I havent been able to find a video for, dissapointingly.

Sweet Meat

Status

I had thought you upped them yourself.

Can't believe I forgot HHH/Taker.

Spoiler:

Backyarder

Status

I voted for HHH vs. Jeff because I liked Hunter wrestling a more heelish match. It worked in this face vs. face match. Made the fans, and myself, get behind Jeff even more. I thought Trips not respecting the handshake at the outset and dickishingly walking away, Samoa Joe style, to escape Jeff's dive to the floor were great bits. I liked Jeff's selling as usual. His 'walk around in pain' stuff makes him a sympathetic figure. I alo liked the way the first move wouldn't usually work, but the 2nd one would. It had some good nearfalls as well. If Jeff wins, I'd probably bump this up quite a few spots.

I'm kicking myself for only rating HBK vs. Orton (Survivor Series) at #98. I should have put that much higher. Loved HBK, trying to find something that works with his bread and butter Superkick banned, resorting to submission moves that had worked against him and Orton in the past. The finish where HBK's instinct to Superkick takes over, hesitates, and gets nailed with the RKO was brilliant I thought. If I had to do it over again, I'd put that match like 40-50 spots higher. Unfortunately, it's not the only placement I wish I could do over. *sigh*

I didn't like that Rey vs. Orton match at all. In fact, that match made me turn on Orton for a while. In that match, I went from seeing him as the one guy in wrestling who made the chinlock look like a painful hold, to the guy who overused chinlocks the way the SAT overused brutal moves for two counts.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Also, Finlay/Benoit was the first match so far I havent been able to find a video for, dissapointingly.
    Why not just use your megavideo link?

*Edit* Hmm, looks like this forum doesn't allow megavideo embedded videos anymore.
    Last edited by Jim; 01-18-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status

#100. Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels - RAW 5/3/2004 (78 points)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKLALQzkyQ
    Voted for by: By-Tor (#57), ryden (#67)

#99. CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy [Loser Leaves Town, Steel Cage Match] - Smackdown 8/28/2009 (79 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#75), King Steventon (#75), By-Tor (#85), Tommy Platinum (#90)

#98. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho vs Rob Van Dam vs Booker T vs Kane [Elimination Chamber] - Survivor Series 2002 (79 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: The Postman (#17), Wake Up Dead (#24), Tommy Platinum (#62), KenTheKiller (#72)

#97. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs William Regal & Dave Taylor vs The Hardyz vs MNM [Ladder Match] - Armageddon 2006 (79 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: Strong Machine (#8), Crocker (#17), By-Tor (#100), Tommy Platinum (#100)

#96. The Undertaker vs Ric Flair [No DQ Match] - Wrestlemania 18 (81 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#54), By-Tor (#67)

#95. The Undertaker vs Randy Orton - Wrestlemania 21 (81 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: KenTheKiller (#49), Tommy Platinum (#72)

#94. Edge vs Kurt Angle [Hair vs Hair Match] - Judgement Day 2002 (83 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: By-Tor (#59), ryden (#60)

#93. Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero - Smackdown 6/21/2005 (92 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: King Steventon (#9)

#92. John Cena vs Triple H - Wrestlemania 22 (92 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: The Postman (#21), KenTheKiller (#52), Tommy Platinum (#72), By-Tor (#94)

#91. Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, Booker T & The Dudleyz vs Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Christian, Mark Henry & Scott Steiner [Elimination Match] - Survivor Series 2003 (94 points)
    Daily Motion
    Voted for by: The Postman (#16), By-Tor (#48), ryden (#70)

WAKE UP

Status

I overated Show/Lesnar but I stand by Eddie/Rey. A real epic no one ever talks about.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information