Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Reviews PWG (1.21 Gigawatts)

Evil Admin.

Status

Pwglogo Jim Reviews PWG (1.21 Gigawatts)

Last edited by Jim; 11-08-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Evil Admin.

Status

Pwglogo Jim Reviews PWG (Astonishing X-Mas)

I could of swore I had at least one PWG review. The Gentle Art of
    Making Enemies? Does anyone remember that? If you do, please tell me because I feel like I'm going crazy thinking I did one. Anyways, for as much as I've been saying PWG has been great this year, I haven't really reviewed much. This thread will be a lot like the CHIKARA one. Basically the reviews may not be as long as my single post ones, but I will be able to get out my feelings on them and be able to have a record of ratings.

Threemendous II
    July 31, 2009

The Cutler Brothers and Charles Mercury vs Johnny Goodtime, Jerome "LTP" Robinson and Brandon Gatson
    I don't know why, but I love the Cutlers. Both LTP and Gatson are in this year's BOLA. This is my first time seeing Gatson, but he looks like a late 80's/early 90's Wrestling Challenge jobber. Despite his size, the guy is amazingly agile and reminds me of Matt Cross with his gymnastic skills. LTP was insanely over, despite being in PWG for such a short amount of time. The guy is the second coming of 2 Cold Scorpio. Mercury hit a really weird, yet awesome knee drop where he bounced off of the bottom rope and as he fell, he used his other knee for the knee drop. Cutlers got in a few good tandem moves including one where the one shoots the opponent up in the air which spins him 180 degrees so his back is now facing the other Cutler (Who was standing next to his brother) who nailed a German suplex. A spike Tombstone by them gets the trio the win. A lot of near falls, which went overboard, but this was one of the better openers in PWG this year. Easily the best Cutler match since coming to PWG. Expect big things from LTP. 3 Stars.

Scott Lost vs Alex Shelley
    Shelley and Detroit gets some major heat in Cali. Lost ended up being the face of the match as a result. I don't know what it is about Lost, but I just don't like him. Just like in the Dragon match early this year, he can make any match boring. It seems as if PWG is pushing Lost hard as the next major star as it took Shelley two frog splashes to finally beat him. If Lost wins BOLA, I'm going to be so disappointed. 2 Stars.

Bryan Danielson vs Chris Sabin
    Once again, the Detroit hate makes Sabin the heel. The sad part was that there was one jackass in the crowd who chanted 'Boring' every time Sabin and Dragon locked up or a hold was put on. Eventually, the crowd got into enough to drown him out, but that was such a major downer. The fan was just trying to get himself over. The crowd seems to agree with me so they gave him a 'Shut the fuck up' chant. I don't know what it is about Sabin since he's joined up with Shelley, but he's just not as good. There was a lot of times he just waited for Dragon to hit him. It just doesn't come off as believable. Danielson can work wonders with nearly anyone though, so the match really picked up near the end. Cattle mutilation gets Dragon the win. It was enjoyable, but I enjoyed their ROH Showdown in Motown match a lot more. 3 1/2 Stars.

Colt Cabana vs Chuck Taylor
    I'm expecting a match full of lolz. What we got was a match full of lolz. At one point, Chuckie T brought out the invisible hand grenade, but the spot comes off as horrible as we never find out what really happened to it. It ended up being painful to watch as the commentators were trying to save the spot. A long segment of some homoerotic loving occurred involving Colt, Taylor and the referee. Taylor gets the win by holding the roles in a failed sunset flip by Colt. Eh, the crowd got into it. But it was mainly just comedy with little actual action. 2 stars.

Roderick Strong vs Davey Richards
    Holy shit. These two only had around 10-11 minutes to wrestle, but they packed so much action in the match. So many hard hits with Davey's kicks and Roderick's chops. Davey looked as if he was in his glory. This match had me marking out several times and cheering for Davey. Roddy wins after a Tiger Driver. I could of easily watched these two wrestle for another thirty minutes. It wasn't as good as the KENTA match, but change the venue and the commentators and it would of gave it a serious run for it's money. My favorite PWG match of the year. 4 1/2 Stars.

The Young Bucks vs 2 Skinny Black Guys
    2 Skinny Black Guys are El Generico and Human Tornado. This is Tornado's first PWG match since losing the belt over a year ago. Meanwhile, this is Tornado and Generico's first time teaming in PWG in years. Because of that, this is non-title. The Young Bucks have SERIOUS heat. They were getting some heat early in the year, but now it's as if they're heels. I don't remember the results of the shows since this, but they really need to turn them heels. A lot of great action here. 2SBG have some nice chemistry together and are pretty over. PWG's camera problems become apparent as they can show the entire ring, which causes them to miss some action. A lot of near falls in this for both teams. El Generico breaks up a pin attempt after More Bang for Your Buck. Supposedly the first time the move didn't get the three for the bucks in PWG. Top rope brainbuster gets 2SBG the win. After the match, The Young Bucks agreed to a rematch next month with the titles on the line. One Generico was alone, Chuck Taylor attacked him. Instead, next month he will face Generico. The winner gets his team (Chuck with Kenny Omega) a tag title shot. The crowd was VERY into this at the end. They ended up being right up against the ring banging on the mat. The crowd really made this match feel special. There were too many near falls for my liking, but once again the Young Bucks deliver. Outside of The American Wolves, they've been my favorite tag team this year.3 3/4 Stars.

Chris Hero (c) vs Joey Ryan - PWG Title - Guerrilla Warfare Match
    Guerrilla Warfare is basically just a hardcore match. Nice little set-up for this match with Joey Ryan trying to prevent Chris Hero from breaking his record of longest PWG champion. Simple, yet effective. This was a long Southern style brawl with weapons that made sense. Hero gets busted open early when Ryan sends him into a chair that was hanging off of the turn post. Ryan brings in a chain and uses it to work over Hero's arm. Hero is forced to rethink moves by using his other arm or his boot to stop Ryan. A chair shot busts Ryan open. Hero takes a brutal fall through a table when Ryan moves out of the way. Hero ends up using the chain that injured his arm to punish Ryan. Wrapping the chain around Ryan's neck and chokes him out with an STF. Ryan is forced to tap out. The fans throw garbage in the ring unhappy that Ryan didn't win the belt. Hero calls the fans 'Faggots' and claims he doesn't care if they love or hate him. Ryan cuts a face promo saying how Hero should respect the fans. The two shake hands, but Hero knocks Ryan out with a belt shot. Incredible match. Great storytelling for a very long match. I loved how everything Ryan used, ended up coming back to hurt him. I kind of have to wonder if someone from the WWE saw this match and told some people about it. I haven't seen it yet, but this finish sounds a lot like the finish to Cena/Orton at Breaking Point. Orton introduces the handcuffs (Which naturally has some chain), but it's that very thing that costs him the match when he's choked out by them. The Breaking Point match happened a couple months after this. Hmm. Hero looked great and made me believe he could be a World Champion. Meanwhile, I've never seen Ryan look so good before. 45 long minutes, but fuck I loved it. 4 Stars.

kiss the ring

Status

Re: Jim Reviews PWG

I dont recall the first review.

Glad you disliked Shelley/Lost, I had a feeling it would be the match people may swoon over because of all the MOVES and SPOTS! But it was garbage. I think 3 and a half is probably a fair rating for Danielson/Sabin, but you actually sound like you didn't enjoy it. >_> Sabin and Shelley are pretty much bland spot workers now and have been for a while, but I thought Danielson getting a good match out of Sabin based on STIFFNESS (hardly Sabin's best attribute) was impressive.

I didn't like Davey/Roddy as much. The length of the match helped, but I was still waiting for a move to be actually sold.

Hero/Ryan went 45? Damn, I know PWG matches usually go too long but damn. Ryan isn't a guy I usually try to watch, but I may have to give that a shot now.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I loved Davey/Roddy, but yeah, massive selling problem with that one. Nonetheless, it's probably their second best match I've seen between the two, behind their one in Japan at Battle of the Best.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett - Wrestling's Finest
    #4. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I think the title match, Bucks/2SBGs and Davey/Strong somewhat saved this from being an average to soMewhat subpar show. I'm puzzled by what you see in the Cutlers, but I'm with you on LTP. The fans are the reason he is in PWG. His ability is not dissapointing him. Also, if you watch the Bucks vs. Black Guys, you will see why Young Bucks are possibly tag team of the year. I'm glad Jim thinks the same way I do about them.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Evil Admin.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I think 3 and a half is probably a fair rating for Danielson/Sabin, but you actually sound like you didn't enjoy it. >_> Sabin and Shelley are pretty much bland spot workers now and have been for a while, but I thought Danielson getting a good match out of Sabin based on STIFFNESS (hardly Sabin's best attribute) was impressive.
    Eh, I was disappointed by it. From your commments earlier this months, I thought it was going to be fantastic. Instead, I had to deal with a drunk fan and Sabin not on his game. It wasn't horrible and like most Dragon matches, he did really well. But I suppose the bad outweighed the good.

kiss the ring

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    Chris Hero (c) vs Joey Ryan - PWG Title - Guerrilla Warfare Match
    Guerrilla Warfare is basically just a hardcore match. Nice little set-up for this match with Joey Ryan trying to prevent Chris Hero from breaking his record of longest PWG champion. Simple, yet effective. This was a long Southern style brawl with weapons that made sense. Hero gets busted open early when Ryan sends him into a chair that was hanging off of the turn post. Ryan brings in a chain and uses it to work over Hero's arm. Hero is forced to rethink moves by using his other arm or his boot to stop Ryan. A chair shot busts Ryan open. Hero takes a brutal fall through a table when Ryan moves out of the way. Hero ends up using the chain that injured his arm to punish Ryan. Wrapping the chain around Ryan's neck and chokes him out with an STF. Ryan is forced to tap out. The fans throw garbage in the ring unhappy that Ryan didn't win the belt. Hero calls the fans 'Faggots' and claims he doesn't care if they love or hate him. Ryan cuts a face promo saying how Hero should respect the fans. The two shake hands, but Hero knocks Ryan out with a belt shot. Incredible match. Great storytelling for a very long match. I loved how everything Ryan used, ended up coming back to hurt him. I kind of have to wonder if someone from the WWE saw this match and told some people about it. I haven't seen it yet, but this finish sounds a lot like the finish to Cena/Orton at Breaking Point. Orton introduces the handcuffs (Which naturally has some chain), but it's that very thing that costs him the match when he's choked out by them. The Breaking Point match happened a couple months after this. Hmm. Hero looked great and made me believe he could be a World Champion. Meanwhile, I've never seen Ryan look so good before. 45 long minutes, but fuck I loved it. 4 Stars.
    The fuck was that.

Off the bat we have a great big match atmosphere and Ryan is 100% seriousface. I'll be damned if this isn't the best he's ever looked. Dude throws a great worked punch and all the striking at the start was fucking great. Hero blading is something havent seen in ages and he sold the blood loss well. Really a great job of getting across the sense hate and brutality. Hero's has the best moveset in wrestling right now. Loved Ryan's strategy and the armwork and everything about it. Match sort of fell apart abit after 20 minutes with Ryan struggling to kill time with aimless stomping and walking about, but Hero's comeback with the kicks was epic as alllllll hell. Really went way too long and began to drag after 30 minutes (Ryan's sloppy Psycho Driver was also ass), but fuck was Hero awesome in this. Good finish too even though it should have been like 5-10 minutes earlier.

If you can sit through a 40 minute match, people should give this a look.

Evil Admin.

Status

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (The debut show)
    July 26, 2003

Supa Badd, Charles Mercury and Sara Del Rey vs Ryan Drago, Top Gun Talwar and Zokre
    The very first match in PWG history. I've never seen Supa Badd or Top Gun Talwar. Talwar is one of the original owners of PWG though. It's nice to see Ryan Drago, I was impressed with him at CHIKARA's King of Trios. Del Rey is just a couple years in the business and seems to have not made enough money to buy proper ring gear. For a six man tag, it ran fairly long clocking in around 18 or so minutes. The action left a lot to be desired, but they spent the entire time putting over the characters allowing the viewers to familiarize with the wrestlers. From the six, the heels of Drago, Talwar and Zokre (Who did the Kofi neck top rope bounce off) and face Sara Del Rey left the better impression. Del Rey spent most of the match playing the face-in-peril, but I like the fact that they made her seem like a real wrestler. There wasn't any of the treatment that she's a side show attraction or anything. Del Rey pins Ryan Drago with a German Suplex. So for you trivia buffs, Sara Del Rey holds the very first victory in PWG. Overall, I felt entertained enough to not stop the show. 1 1/2 Stars.

Excalibur vs Chris Bosh
    Before the match, Del Rey gets a nice sendoff as she's heading to Japan the following month. Team Chismo (Excalibur, Disco Machine and Super Dragon) heads out to the ring. Excalibur claims that he's tired from setting up all of the chairs and bows out of a tag match with Disco Machine. Instead, he invites any rookie to come out and face him. This brings out Chris Bosh. Your referee is Rick Knox, wow, that guy has been in PWG for a long time. The match was mostly a squash with Excalibur proving that Team Chismo are a threat to be reckon with in PWG. Bosh gets to the ropes to break up several submission holds and looks good in the process. Excalibur wins with a suplex variation. The match accomplished what it needed to, so it gets a thumbs up in my book despite not being very "Good". 1 Star.

The Ballard Brothers vs Aerial Express
    The Ballard Brothers are veteran Canadian wrestlers who resemble an early Jerry Lynn. Aerial Express are comprised of Scorpio Sky and Quicksilver. The Ballard Brothers impressed me especially with all of their solid team work. Excalibur, commentating, spends a good portion of the match telling racist jokes directed at the black Scorpio Sky. Why knew racism could be so funny? The Express (Choo choo) are able to get in a lot of spots without sacrificing the story too much. One of the Ballards ends up taking a double boots to the head/Piledriver combo to lose the match. The finish was simple, yet a pretty cool looking move. Despite losing, The Ballards earned some of my respect for being a solid tag team. As for Aerial Express, they quickly establish themselves as the face team in PWG. Right off the bat, I want to see Aerial Express vs Team Chismo. 2 1/2 Stars.

Super Dragon vs MDogg 20
    Matt Cross, now here's someone I wasn't expecting. He looks basically the same, just without proper tights and is smaller than he is currently. Super Dragon is very over. The pair tries to get in a lot of fancy spots, but end up botching several. I'm not sure what it is about Super Dragon, but while most fans seem to love him, I find him fairly boring. Dragon wins with a Phoenix Splash. The finisher seems too flippy for a character who's supposed to be a bad ass, but the fans seem to love it. Despite my issues with Super Dragon, he's quickly established as one of the top guys in PWG so the match at least had some purpose. 1 3/4Stars.

Taro vs Baby Slymm
    Holy shit, it's the guy from 101 Reasons NOT To be Pro Wrestler. Speaking of which, is 101 Reasons still well known to the IWC? At one time, it was the wrestling documentary. Baby Slymm is basically working a Cryme Tyme gimmick while being the size of Bubba Ray. Taro seems to have a giant complex which reminds me a lot of Hydra, only he can talk. Excalibur gets in some more racist jokes, much to my enjoyment. Baby Slymm just manhandles Taro during most of the match. Midway in, he brings in a chair, as if he's not punishing Taro enough. Slymm seems to be one of the only guys in history of wrestling who doesn't know how to lodge a chair between the two ropes. Taro moves out of the way and Slymm collides head first with the chair, knocking himself out. Without knowing this, Taro presses the button on his tights to become a giant~! Taro turns around to find Slymm on the mat, so he covers him. THE BUTTON WORKED~!!!!!!1! I found this surprisingly entertaining and one of the more productive matches on the show. Slymm looks like a monster while I already fell in love with Taro. 2 Stars.

Mr. Excitement and Disco Machine vs Hook Bomberry and Apollo Kahn
    It looks like Mr. Excitement is the replacement for Excalibur. This is my first chance seeing any of these guys. Kahn reminds me a bit of Slyk Wagner Brown. Early on, the team of Kahn and Bomberry works over the arm of Disco Machine for a long time. Kahn is actually fairly good with his Monty Brown-type gimmick. The super MMA-type wrestler of Bomberry keeps working in various submissions on Disco's arm. Eventually, Disco Machine is forced to tap out, giving Team Chismo their first loss. The match actually was built around the story of Disco's arm. I wouldn't shed any tears if I never saw Homberry or Mr. Excitement again, but Disco Machine and Apollo Kahn gets the thumbs up. 2 1/2 Stars.

Hardkore Inc. w/Crew vs X-Foundation
    Hardkore Inc. is comprised of Hardkore Kidd, Al Katrazz and Adam Pearce. The X-Foundation is Joey Ryan (In full Jamie Noble mode), Scott Lost (Hey, I had that haircut when I was 12) and Billy Kim (Who?). Just like the other members of the PWG 6, Joey Ryan is very over. The match was an all out brawl of clusterfuckinessity (Yay for making clusterfuck an even more clusterfuck of a word). X-Foundation are very Rockers like with Joey Ryan being easily the most talented member of his team. Al Katrazz and Hardkore Kidd reminds me of Hernendez, only Kidd is the good version and Al Katrazz is horrible. Despite being in the ring for only a few minutes, Adam Pearce shows that he's probably the smartest worker out of anyone on the card so far. Joey Ryan has the pin, but the HardKore's crew distracts the ref to allow Pearce to nail Ryan with a title from another promotion. Pearce covers and gets the win. This was a great way to showcase their main heel for early portion of PWG. Pearce comes off as a legitimate star of the promotion while Ryan is a huge fan favorite. I want to see more of Hardkore Kidd before I form a real opinion though. I enjoyed the match at least. 2 3/4 Stars.

AJ Styles vs Frankie Kazarian
    Your very first PWG main event. Styles is already one of the bigger indy stars of 2003 with his ROH and TNA status. Meanwhile, Kazarian had just recently debuted in TNA. In fact, these two just wrestled a few weeks before in TNA. Before the match, Samoa Joe comes out to apologize to the card for unable to perform due to injury (Supposedly due to his Paul London - Death Before Dishonor match). His replacement is Frankie Kazarian. Damn, AJ vs Joe would of been great. Within a few minutes, I give up on the commentary track and just turn it off. It's fine joking around for the undercard since it there's much importance, but this is the NWA Champion vs your future (heh) top face. Both guys are already showing that they know each other well enough to reverse a lot of moves. Frankie goes for either a bicycle kick or a step up hurricanrana, but AJ counters it into a nice power bomb. Frankie attempts several Wave of the Future's, but Styles prevents every one. They botch AJ turning a German Suplex like hold into a electric chair. They repeat the move with AJ reversing Kazarian's position so he's prepped for a power bomb. Styles Drops Frankie down right into Styles Clash position. Styles Clash gets Styles the win in the first ever PWG show. With two guys that had faced each other so many times (Eventually), these two could deliver. Although it wouldn't be too memorable in ROH, it's the easy standout of the night. Both wrestlers ended up looking good and giving PWG a much needed serious match. A little bit of sloppiness keeps it from being too much of a standout though. 3 1/4 Stars.

Frankie gets on the mic to thank the fans for supporting him and coming out. We get a brief mention of the PWG title to be decided at the next show.

Overall
    Like with any promotion starting off, you need to give them some leniency. If they'd put on this type of show in 2009, people would shit all over it. However, for their first show, it was good enough to make me want more. They did a good job at introducing their wrestlers to those who may not be familiar with them. A good portion of the roster can already be sized up for where they belong in the ladder of importance. Standouts of the night would include Sara Del Rey, Taro, Adam Pearce, Joey Ryan, Super Dragon, Excalibur, Disco Machine, Apollo Kahn, the Ballards and of course Styles and Kazarian.

If you think the commentating was horrible in 2009, it's nothing compared to this show. While I did generally enjoy the antics of Excalibur and Disco Machine, I can see many people finding it very annoying. Since the commentary is recorded in post-production, it has that DVD movie commentary sound to it. The live action has a lower volume to a studio-like sound for the actual commentary. If you want recent ROH, it's a lot like that. If I had the option, I'd rather turn the commentary off, especially for the important matches.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Styles vs. Frankie sounds like the worst main event ever on paper. I find AJ kinda there in Indy matches sometimes(As well as REALLY stiff outside of TNA) and Frankie to be a miss. Pretty sure there was a time in the match where both men said "******" though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

kiss the ring

Status

Kaz is useless. His match with Danielson from "An Inch Longer Than Average" is better but still nothing great. I was amused at Danielson stiffing Kaz all match and threatening to kill a fan at ringside.

Evil Admin.

Status

Express Written Consent
    February 21, 2009

Scorpio Sky vs Zokre
    Despite having issues with Zokre, I was glad to see him in a singles match. It'll be a better judge of how he performs. This is Scorpio's first PWG match since his injury. As I feared, Zokre is still overly spotty. However, the crowd seemed really into it and it helped my enjoyment out of the match. I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpio in some matches. He seems like he may have some talent. Zokre maestral cradles Scoprio, but Sky gets his foot in the ropes almost immediately. However, referee, Tony Romo never notices and counts to three. The fans are pissed off and starts a loud 'Bullshit' chant. Well, that's not a good way to start the show. Up until the fucked up finish, it was actually decent. With all of the spots, it quickly entertained the fans to open the show. One fuck up and all that was ruined. Eh, what can you do? 2 Stars.

B-Boy vs TJ Perkins
    like two ships passing in the night, this is B-Boy's first match back and Perkins last one before his move to Florida. Excalibur claims that these two met many times back at the start of the decade, so I suppose it's a nice way for Perkins to end his PWG career. Early on, Perkins works over B-Boy's arm while Human Tornado, commentating, believes that Perkins has went crazy based on the red hair dye job. B-Boy gets in some stiff shots while still selling his arm. At one point, instead of hitting a DVD, B-Boy somewhat launches Perkins into the corner so that he wouldn't need to use the arm. Tons of near falls while Perkins keeps trying to make B-Boy tap out. B-Boy surprises Perkins with a Samoa Joe like choke to get the win. I really need to see more of B-Boy. While he's not nearly as good as his trainer, Homicide, he exhibits many of the same qualities that Homicide possess. Thanks to the solid arm work, the match went over very well. I would have preferred they cut out some of the near falls, but with it being the first match on the show that did a lot, it wasn't too noticeable. 3 1/4 Stars.

El Generico vs Kenny Omega
    I believe Omega wasn't a full fledged heel yet. However, Excalibur brings up Omega's quest of trying to ruin Generico's orphanage dreams. Omega starts the match wearing a vintage Street Fighter shirt before Generico pulls it over his head and hockey fight punches him. Omega heels it up by going poking Generico's eyes. In fact, that's his main strategy. The comedy is taken out of the match as we get higher intensity moves such as the Beach Break. Kind of ironic to see one of Chuckie T's partners use one of Taylor's enemies moves. Omega shoves referee Rick Knox after thinking he got a three count. Knox ends up pushing Omega back, so Omega whips Knox to the ropes. Knox ducks a closeline and comes back off of the other ropes with a closeline of his own. Knox can't believe what he did. Top rope brainbuster scores Generico the victory. For a match that just seemed like it was going to be a comedy, they found some nice ways to being creative. Omega's eye poking strategy was damn near brilliant in it's simplicity. The Knox closeline was a great popping moment capped off with the rare top rope brainbuster. This was way better than I imagined it would have been. Despite losing in the first round of BOLA, I'd love to see Generico challenge Omega for the belt. 3 3/4 Stars.

Austin Aries vs Necro Butcher - No DQ Match
    Before the match, Aries tries to convince Necro to not let the match end up in a brawl, to show off his wrestling skills. Tons of stalling before the actual match began. The highlight was of Necro putting a fan in a hammerlock and headlock while Aries tries to do the same to the announcer, but he reverses it on Aries. Aries gets down for an amateur wrestling start. Necro imitates doggy style, including punching in between thrusts. The match finally begins and Necro even gets in some actual wrestling moves before the match breaks down into a brawl. Aries wraps a chain around his boot ala Joey Ryan at Threemendous II and delivers some stiff kicks including his punt. Some chair shots and a brainbuster on the chair allows Aries to pick up the win. Most of these Necro hardcore matches feels like the same. However, Aries (at the time) new character made it a bit more memorable. Aries managed to hit some great spots involving the chair and chain. For what it was, it was enjoyable. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it though. 2 Stars.

Chris Hero (c) w/Candice LeRae vs Human Tornado - PWG World Title
    This is Tornado's first match back after his knee injury that occurred against Hero. Despite technically being a heel, the fans are more behind Tornado than Hero. The pair locks up and Tornado ends up on the outside. Hero fakes a dive, but just flips back in the ring. From somewhere, a mysterious voice is on a mic. COLT CABANA~! "Fired on a Friday, in PWG on a Saturday." Cabana was offered an opening match on the show, but declined it, wanting a title shot. Hero and Tornado both agree and the match is now...

Chris Hero (c) w/Candice LaRae vs Human Tornado vs Colt Cabana - PWG World Title
    Early on, Hero and Cabana takes their turn against Tornado. Each time, Cabana is slyly walking behind Hero, teasing a turn. Tornado manages to duck causing Hero and Cabana to collide with each other. More accidental hits between Hero and Cabana. The match breaks down into nonstop action with each man getting in their moves. Hero knocks Tornado out with a roaring big boot. After the match, Tornado gets on mic and works up the courage to tell Hero and Candice the two words they deserve to hear from him..."My bad". And with that, Tornado hopes that they can forgive him. Hero refuses the handshake though. Once Tornado leaves, Hero offers Cabana an one-on-one title match in the future. Cabana accepts and the main event of One Hundred is now booked. Maybe it's because of all of the excitement of the crowd and Cabana's shocking return, but I loved this match. Every wrestler in the match has loads of charisma to make their matches a little bit more memorable. It served it's purpose of turning Tornado face, setting up the Hero/Cabana match and showing signs of the future Hero turn. Cabana's return is a underrated shock of 2009. Hell, Cabana may have had the two best returns of 2009. 3 3/4 Stars.

Paul London and The Young Bucks vs Joey Ryan, Scott Lost and Karl Anderson
    Besides wearing his infamous astronaut uniform, London is also wearing a WWF (World Wildlife Fund) tee. Early on in the match, London badly botches a hurricanrana. Excalibur quickly reminds the fans that London has barely wrestled in the past seven months. In reality, Excalibur is probably worried that London is going to be horrible and all of this would be for nothing. London takes a nasty fall on the outside thanks to Anderson holding the ropes open. This allows the Dynasty to work London over for some vintage face-in-peril action. Once Paul is able to tag out, Anderson hits a mean DDT on a Buck on the ring apron. The match breaks down to an exhibition of MOVEZ. The faces clear the ring to allow them to hit More Bang For Your Buck on Scott Lost. London follows up with a beautiful Shooting Star Press to give Team Orange the victory. Well, lets go over what I liked first. I believe this was my first time seeing Karl Anderson and I loved him. Much like CW Anderson, while they may not be official Andersons, they certainly show signs of the Anderson greatness. If he could bulk up some, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big 2 gives him a call. The Bucks and Joey Ryan continues to be some of my favorite parts of PWG shows. While London did botch pretty badly early on, he managed to save face some and recover. Ring rust is a safe bet for what he showed. I will say that his whole pothead "Character" (I'm guessing that's more of who Paul really is) makes him so much more entertaining as a character than in the WWE. All that being said, the match wasn't too interesting for me as the main event. It would have been a great opener or possibly semi-main event, but it just didn't have the quality that a main event should have. It was fairly enjoyable, but possibly PWG's least interesting main event of 2009. I may end up watching it again so I can figure out whether I'd put it under the good or just decent pile. 2 3/4 - 3 Stars.

Overall
    Despite how crazy some PWG fans were about the card (At the time), it wasn't the most interesting nor the best show of the year. To me, it feels like a B-Show. However, with all of the returns, final matches and debuts, I suppose it is very historic. It's a shame Bryan Danielson got hurt, I could have easily seen Dragon vs Perkins - 2 out of 3 falls being the best match of the show. All that being said, there was still three really good matches with one surprising me in it's quality. Come for the Omega/Generico and title match, stay for the rest.

Evil Admin.

Status

The Secret of Guerrilla Island
    June 28, 2009

Before the opening bout, Excalibur holds a ten bell salute to Mitsuharu Misawa.

Johnny Goodtime vs Charles Mercury
    This is Goodtime's PWG debut. He was originally booked against Human Tornado, but due to Bryan Danielson's staph infection, several matches had to be altered. Luckily for Goodtime, he's against The Chuck. Goodtime goes all out to impress the fans. Goodtime picks up the victory following his modified DDT. I guess he calls it the JTT? It's a standard DDT, only Goodtime tucks Mercury's knee against his stomach. Not much to say about the match other than Goodtime came off as very good. The fans in attendance seemed to be pretty into him. Mercury continues to come off as the guy who is just...there. Good enough start though. 2 Stars.

Chuck Taylor vs Human Tornado
    A match made thanks to Danielson's staph infection. I believe this was Taylor's first match after having his head shaven by The Colony. It's possible he worked some smaller show though. Early on, Taylor hides behind the ref before being forced to bust out some moves. Tornado busts out some even bigger moves with a huge dive on the outside, taking out several chairs. Taylor locks in an unique submission where he crisscrosses Tornado's hands, has a head scissors all while Tornado is in the seated position. Tornado hits TNG (?) which drops Taylor on his head. Chuckie T and Tornado battle it out to be hit either another TNG or the Awful Waffle. Taylor wins out and hits the Awful Waffle to score the victory. Quite the upset in my eyes. Maybe I was just underestimating Taylor, but I didn't think he had a chance in winning. Maybe Danielson's staph infection turned out good for Taylor. Nothing spectacular here, but it was entertaining nonetheless. It's more interesting to watch knowing that these two may be the next PWG tag champions than for the quality of the match. Still, the show is getting better as it goes on. 2 1/2 Stars.

Malachi Jackson and Jerome "LTP" Robinson vs The Cutler Brothers
    This is LTP's PWG debut. Excalibur openly admits that he has no idea what LTP even stands for. Basic story of the match is Jackson and LTP are the underdogs using their flashy spots against the bigger Cutlers. Neither Cutler is too concerned with their smaller opponents so they're not taking the match as seriously as they should. LTP ends up stealing the show with some of his spots. He reminds me so much of 2 Cold Scorpio. Despite coming close a few times, the faces fall to the Cutler's sick spike piledriver. The match served it's purpose with debuting LTP and Cutlers get a much needed victory. All four guys are ones to keep your eyes on in this new decade. 2 Stars.

Kenny Omega vs Roderick Strong
    This was originally going to be Omega and Taylor vs Strong and Bryan Danielson. But once again, the staph infection caused some change in booking. Joining Excalibur at the commentating table is Davey Richards. Acting as if he's a grizzly vet talking about wrestling Tully Blanchard, Dick the Bruiser and working in places such as Pensacola and Saskatoon while hating on everything new age. It's God damn hilarious, but at times distracts me from the quality match. First time around, I'd watch the match without the commentary just so you can concentrate on the match. However, be sure to then listen to the commentary because Davey is gold. This match starts with a lot of comedy, but builds towards an intense hard hitting match. A fun spot occurs when they're both on their back on the mat and they take turns laying one hand on the other, knocking it off and laying the hand on the other opponent. Up on the top rope, Strong superplexes Omega. Both men traps their legs together resulting in a double pin. The fans are chanting for 5 minutes and both men agrees to it. Before they can lock up, Omega just leaves for some good heat. Before Strong can leave, Omega comes back out to talk on the mic. Calling Excalibur "El Generico", Omega agrees to one extra minute, but Excalibur has to count on the mic. The match restarts with Excalibur having the single most inconsistent count around. There's a large amount of quick roll-ups. Strong hits a German Suplex on Omega, but gets the three at 61 seconds, resulting in a draw still. Omega tries to leave, but Excalibur tries to stop him by saying how everyone will think he's a coward. "He's yella!" - Davey. Omega heels it up and just leaves. This was such a bizarre match. Despite having the lame original draw, it was a draw after a pretty exciting match. With all of the weirdness after that fall, it's difficult to figure out what to make out of this thing. As far as I'm concerned, the actual match ended with the double pin and anything else was just post-match events. The combination of a quality match along with Davey Richards leaving me laughing during most of it left me very entertained. What this does accomplish is that it makes me want to see their BOLA match even more. Despite all of the wackiness, this is the best match thus far. 3 3/4 Stars.

El Generico vs Scott Lost
    Human Tornado is suppose to join the commentating station, but is nowhere to be found. After awhile, LTP comes out to make not only his PWG debut, but his PWG commentating debut all on the same night. Despite typically hating Scott Lost and anything Lost does, he actually impressed me. He had several really good spots into an unique 619 variation when he was chased around the ring by El Generico, only to swing around the ring post, come back under the bottom rope and nail the kick on Generico. Who knew Lost had it in him to impress me with such a cool looking spot? Lost nails the Superman Spear and runs back to the other corner only to be surprised with a vicious Ole Kick! Damn, that was a fun spot. Lost counters a half nelson suplex into the Big Fat Kill kick to pick up the surprise win. I'm not sure what surprised me more, Generico losing or Lost impressing me. Lost has a few rather good spots. As long as he can figure out a way to make the rest of his act entertaining, I may have to cross him off of my hate list. 3 1/4 Stars.

Davey Richards vs Nick Jackson
    Matt Jackson is away at a funeral, although I have to wonder why CK and Nick was here. This has some decent backstory as Nick Jackson pinned Richards back at Gentle Art of Making Enemies to retain the tag titles against Richards and Roderick Strong. Early on in the match, Davey heads to the back and returns with a shovel. I guess that's how they did it back in Pensacola in '72. Jackson botches a closeline by selling it despite not even touching Davey. DR driver. Jackson once again fucks up after Davey nails the shooting star press, but Jackson fails to kick out before the three so the ref is forced to stop it on his own. It's completely obvious that it's BS and the fans are reactions towards it. Richards locks in a Texas Cloverleaf and Jackson taps out. I'm not sure if it was supposed to happen or not, but the referee call at the end of the match was horrible if it was a botch. More than anything, this match can be a reality check for Nick Jackson. I love the Young Bucks and think that they're really getting good, but due to his lack of experience, Nick still needs a lot of work when it comes to singles matches. Take the closeline botch for example. Only Davey and Nick knows who really fucked up. However, even if Davey was the one who messed it up, if you don't get hit, don't sell. People will instantly forget about the opponent messing up when you're selling to the air. The match did have it's moments though. However for 2009, it's not one of Davey's best matches. Jackson's botches at the very end were the worst things possible for the match. Davey tried to pull something really good out of Nick, but Nick just wasn't ready for this. 2 3/4 Stars.

Joey Ryan vs Necro Butcher - No DQ Match
    Ryan is wearing jeans and a shirt to the match. If Ryan wins, Chris Hero may give him a future title shot. Early on, Joey brings back the chain that Aries used on Necro at Express Written Consent. They brawl to the outside where Necro pulls out a pair of scissors. Necro nails Joey with the pair and scrapes it across Joey's forehead. At which point, Necro licks the pair of bloody scissors. Holy. Shit. Joey Ryan is pulled to the various walls of the building and has his head scraped against them, leaving bloody markings everywhere he goes. Back in the ring, Ryan concentrates on Necro's leg getting in some great leg work. Necro can barely even stand on the bad leg. Back on the outside, Necro throws Rick Knox into some chairs just for shit and giggles. Necro Butcher sunset flips Ryan and has Joey down for several seconds. By time Knox is able to get back into the ring, Ryan kicks out before three. Necro ends up upset at Rick Knox which only makes Necro seem as intelligent as Jim Duggan. While Necro goes to pick up a chair, Joey Ryan kicks it up into his face. Superkick follows it up to give Ryan the main event win. After the match, Necro knocks Ryan out with a chair. While Necro is in pain in the middle of the ring, a man (The owner of the building I believe?) yells that Necro is banned from the building. This was a weird choice for the main event, however; there's the possibility that the original main event was the Hybrid Dolphins vs Omega and Taylor. For a Necro match, I really enjoyed it. Joey Ryan is quickly becoming one of my favorite west coast wrestlers. He has the charisma, character, mic skills and can deliver in the ring. The sick nature of the blood and Ryan ensuring a good match with the leg work leaves me happy. I should really check out some of Ryan's ROH work. 3 1/2 Stars.

Overall
    It wouldn't be PWG if they didn't have some issue with wrestlers not showing up for whatever reason. Losing Dragon for this show was a pretty big blow since they already wouldn't have Chris Hero (In Japan) and with Matt Jackson not here, that meant there wouldn't be any title matches. Despite all of the problems before the show even started, they ended up delivering a good C-show. We get the exciting debuts of Johnny Goodtime and LTP. Meanwhile, 3 matches ended up being 3 stars or higher. The biggest news of the event is Scott Lost finally impressing me. That alone made the show worth watching.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

The Secret of Guerilla Island was good in profiling their future stars. I see a lot of good things from LTP, who as you said, has that 2 Cold Scorpio mold on him. And from what I have seen from Johnny Goodtime, he doesn't hesitate to birng out any spot or manuever.

Also, I don't know why you hate Scott Lost because he does have a unique set of moves. My only problem is his tremendous lack of charisma.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Evil Admin.

Status

I'm going to keep these fairly brief while my thoughts are still fresh on my mind

PWG Sells Out

Disc 1

Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe - The Musical
    Incredible match to open up the disc set. Monster Joe with Dragon refusing to lose created an exciting story. The comedy was good in the beginning, but they were wise to cut it out before the mid part of the match. The ending of the time limit draw was met with a standing applause from the audience which really just sums up my feelings. From the PWG that I have seen, I'd probably rank this as the best match. 4 1/4-1/2 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian vs Adam Pearce (c) - PWG Steel Cage Title Match - Reason for the Season
    The culmination of the first major title feud in PWG. It's a huge step down from the previous match, but I wouldn't classify the match as bad. I appreciate the ending with Kaz beating Pearce with his own finisher - the Piledriver.

CM Punk vs Super Dragon - Reason for the Season
    I'm not high on Dragon and this is a good example of why. Despite having the gimmick of an ass kicker, he plays the underdog for most of the match. Meanwhile, CM Punk, despite only having one match on the set, shines with gaining heat. Minus the curb stomp in the corner, I'd even say that Punk was hitting better curb stomps than Dragon. Still, the finish is pretty great with Punk going for the second shinning wizard, but Dragon countering it into a Psycho Driver (2?). 3 1/2 Stars.

Christopher Daniels vs Jack Evans - Free Admission (Just Kidding)
    A lot of comedy early on that reminds me why I love Evans. His matches may not be great, but they're fun. Best part of the match was Daniels' twisting back breakers. Daniels would hit a normal backbreaker, twist Evans around so that he could hit another backbreaker with the other knee. He did this around six times. They built up to a hot finish and one of my favorite Evans matches. Way better than I expected this to be.

Samoa Joe vs Super Dragon (c) - PWG Title - All Nude Revue
    The first noticeable thing of this match is the crowd's reaction at the bell. They're really into it and making it feel like a big time encounter. It may not be at the level of Joe vs Kobashi, but still impressive. The old Gorilla Monsoon saying of "Irresistible force meets the immovable object" seemed perfect for this match. Once again, I wasn't too into how much Dragon was willing to let his opponent pound on him. The sight of Dragon hitting some of his moves on Joe was quite the sight especially since Dragon was only announced as being 200 lbs. I was enjoying the match until the end. The count out win for Dragon was cheap and like the crowd, I wasn't too happy. The post match events of Super Dragon 2 attacking Super Dragon was nice though. I'll still say it's a good match, but the hype it gets as being one of PWG's best matches is unjust. 3 1/4 Stars.

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe - All Star Weekend Night 1
    This is before they started wrestling each other a million times in TNA. With all of their matches against each other, this does have some importance since this was scheduled to the main event of the first ever PWG show. Unfortunately, having watched their two ROH matches the other month, this seemed to be just another copy of that same match complete with cut and paste spots. It's a good match, but one that doesn't impress me as much as their War of the Wire match.

AJ Styles vs James Gibson - PWG/NWA Title - Guitarmageddon
    Nice to see Gibson added to this set. I've been meaning to watch some of his non-ROH 2005 year. This match is a good example for why Styles has some clear problems that keeps him from being one of the best in the world. All of his flashy moves are nice...when he hits them properly. I can remember back around 2004/2005, watching Styles and almost betting whether or not he will actually hit his moonsault into a reverse DDT without a botch. Of course, he botches it here. Several of his kicks are also not close enough to connect. If he'd just slow down and work on hitting each move instead of going through the motions of his fun moves, Styles would have been nearly perfect. Meanwhile, Gibson is the typical greatness that he was in 2005. Despite Styles' bringing the match down some, it was still pretty good. 3 3/4 Stars.

Disc 2

Arrogance vs Aerial Xpress - PWG Tag Titles vs Masks - 2nd Anniversary Weekend Night 1
    Out of all of the matches on this set, I probably expected the least from this. I don't dislike Scorpio Sky or Quicksilver, but I haven't been overly impressed either. Meanwhile, my hatred of Lost, but love of Arrogance left a giant question mark on this. However, this turned into my second favorite match on the set thus far. Chris Bosh continues to be awesome while even Lost wasn't too bad. The last five or so minutes with Scorpio by himself against Arrogance is some great underdog booking. I knew that Scorpio was maskless these days, so his pin on Lost came as an unexpected surprise. The post-match events is some of the best moments of PWG I've seen. For a match I didn't expect anything, this blew my mind. 4 1/4 Stars.

El Generico, Jack Evans, Frankie Kazarian, & Super Dragon vs. Scott Lost, Ricky Reyes, Davey Richards, & Joey Ryan - BOLA 2006
    I've heard a lot of talk about how this is one of the best eight man tags ever. It was good and fun, however; I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. The end sequence with Richards getting his ass kicked was a great ending though. Maybe if I hadn't heard so much good, I would have enjoyed this more. 3 Stars.

Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen - Guerrilla Warfare Match - Astonishing X-Mas
    Being disappointed by Super Dragon in just about every match I've seen him in, I didn't expect much from this despite the high praise. Well, turns out I'm wrong. This is a perfect example of how a blood feud should end. You didn't see hammerlocks or any normal wrestling holds. Instead, it was all brawling or high intensity moves. The ending of the Psycho Driver (45...983...2...whichever number it is) on the thumbtacks was sick. Easily one of my favorite PWG matches ever. 4 1/2 Stars.

Super Dragon & Davey Richards (c) vs Jack Evans & Roderick Strong - PWG Tag Titles - Hollywood Globetrotters
    I was hoping to like this, despite the Dragon presence, but early on, I was bored. It's being very frustrating not enjoying Dragon as he's been wrestling some of my favorites. Now, the final 5-10 minutes was very entertaining and at least ended the match on a high note for me. Dragon/Richards finisher of the lung blower/power bomb combo is greatness. They really made me think that Evans could pull out the win, so credit goes to all four men for doing that.

Joey Ryan (c) vs B-Boy - PWG Steel Cage Title Match - Threemendous
    Similarly to the previous cage match, this turned out not to be as good as a cage match should be. I enjoy B-Boy, but the guy seriously needs to learn to sell. It's one thing not to sell in a normal match, but to not sell weapons is inexcusable. What's the point of even using weapons if you won't see them. This applies to the future Ryan match on the set, but the camera work is horrible. There's many times that the camera is fixed on one area and it misses whatever else is going on. The sad part is that most of the time, this happens with a cameraman instead of the fixed camera. All of the interference made the match more exciting. Candice LaRae continues to earn my respect with the sick bump she took. Joey Ryan pressed her up high and threw her against the cage. The ending with Ryan using chloroform to knock B-Boy unconscious is a bit cheesy, but it really puts over Ryan's "Will do anything to walk away as champion" gimmick. Much better than the first cage match, but nothing really special outside of the bump.

CIMA vs El Generico - BOLA 2006 Night 3
    The first half of the match bored me to not caring much. Switching on the commentary (I haven't been listening to it in the entire set) to wake up some. The final five minutes are great with all of the spots and the fans so into it. I'll probably try rewatching this again to see if my opinion improves some.

El Generico vs PAC - All Star Weekend 4 Night 2
    Really good spot match. The crowd was into it the entire time and extremely vocal near the end. I've seen a few PAC matches before this, but I wasn't overly impressed by him. However, after this, I'll classify myself as a fan. The guy has some great moves and chemistry with Generico. I had more mark out moments in this match than anything else thus far in this set. The only negative is that there wasn't much story. However, the difference between this and most current TNA X-Division matches is that these two took time to sell some. 3 1/2 Stars.

Disc 3 to come.

kiss the ring

Status

The countout finish to Joe/Dragon is a bit weak (though it didnt both me too much) but was done more to set-up rematches. I also thought the atmosphere and story was very similar to Joe/Kobashi with Dragon being the biggest asskicker in the fed but still being the underdog because it's Samoa freaking Joe.

I agree Joe/AJ wasn't as good as their TNA matches at the time or WOTW but I still liked it.

I actually DONT like the Steen/Dragon series despite liking both guys. Wouldn't say they suck, but they just didn't grab me. Steen in PWG comes off as a lame "cool heel" - his trash talk is amusing but he plays to the crowd too much, especially when he tries to get face reactions to certain spots. I also hated how long and bloated it was. Still better than the Dragon/Ryan nightmare though.

I thought the B-Boy/Ryan cage match was utter trash though I can't ever imagine "TLC Cage match" being something that excites me.

The Generico/PAC match is a total spotfest, but it's enjoyable as far as spotfests go just because the spots are actually pretty damn spectacular. I really hate PAC with a passion but that is probably his best match that didn't involve Danielson stretching him for 15 minutes.

I think you'll dig CIMA/Danielson more, though I can't say I was overly impressed with it. If you saw Danielson vs Doi... it's pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by King Steventon; 02-22-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Evil Admin.

Status

BOLA Night 1
    November 20, 2009

Cutler Brothers vs Malachi Jackson and Ryan Taylor
    The Cutlers head into the final PWG weekend of the year with yet another random tag match. Like most of their matches, it's good, but the lack of storyline makes it feel more like an exhibition than anything else. Ryan Taylor looked good in his debut though. Whether it's in a feud with Candice LaRae or some other team, hopefully the Cutlers add some more substance to their matches in '10.

Scott Lost vs LTP
    Before LTP even knows what's going on, Lost levels him with a super kick. Most of the match is just Lost bringing the pain on Robinson, while LTP can't really get anything going until the end. LTP has a lot of potential, but he still has some learning to do before he can move past the low card scene. My hatred of Lost continues to weaken as he's pretty damn awesome in this. No Superman Spear is disappointing, but I do love the Big Fat Kill. Lost really comes off as comfortable and I can understand why he was a favorite going into this. As for LTP, he got in enough offense to earn some respect which is about as much as he needed.

Human Tornado vs Matt Jackson
    A lot of great moments in this one. Jackson steals Tornado's own dance kicks in the corner, but the ball kick has no effect. Tornado delivers an absolutely SICK Death Valley Driver that is botched causing Jackson to land on his face with his body straight up in the air. Nick Jackson tries to interfere, as he's running to the ropes, referee Rick Knox hits a closeline to the delight of the crowd. It's a shame Tornado had to retire, this was a nice little way to continue the Bucks/2SBG feud with Tornado winning.

Colt Cabana vs Joey Ryan
    Ryan would be one of my top "Underrated talents of 2009", but even he can't make me enjoy a Cabana match these days. I love Colt, but unless he's just trying to go the comedy route, the match leaves much to the imagination. At least Ryan won though. This would be my least favorite match on night 1.

Roderick Strong vs Johnny Goodtime
    Strong fucking murders Goodtime for most of the match. Whether it's in the ring, on the apron or thrown against chairs in the fans, Goodtime is just brutalized. Goodtime doesn't get in much offense, but when he does, it's good. The story of Strong being the better man and not taking Goodtime serious until Goodtime comes back was great. I expect Sabin vs Strong to be good, but Goodtime replacing Sabin at the last minute is a good thing. Out of everyone on night 1, Strong looked destined to be the winner of the tournament. Take away a few botches and you would of had the best match on the show. Still, it's worth checking out if you love seeing Strong kick ass.

Brandon Gatson vs Nick Jackson
    Not sure why, but Matt Jackson is holding a balloon and flowers that belonged to Nick. Nick is great in tag matches, but he has a lot of work to do before he's ready to be a singles wrestler. Best moment of the match was when Matt was choking Gatson with the ribbon from the balloon and then Nick did several punches in the corner with the balloon. Despite the fans hating the Bucks in Reseda earlier in the year, their new attitude has changed the reactions of the crowd. Matt comes off as the better Buck with adding some more aggression to his style and not messing up as much, but Nick has the new Bucks gear while Matt was still rocking out the old ugly tie-dye look. So I suppose Nick wins with styles points. Gatson ended up looking good basically having to work a handicap match. At one point, Nick tagged in Matt, but Gatson kicked the middle rope low blowing Matt. This would end up being my least favorite out of the rookie vs PWG veteran matches.

Austin Aries vs Brian Kendrick
    Before the match, Aries gets on the mic to talk about how they're both assholes. He thinks about putting the ROH title on the line, but deems the crowd unworthy. Kendrick suggests that they just ditch the match and just go in the back and blaze up. Once checking to find out if they get paid if they don't wrestle (They wouldn't), he knows he needs the money to pay for his animal farm while Kendrick still has some fines to pay off. Ha. The match gets some boring chants and other negative things, but this was fucking awesome. Both guys were sleazy assholes performing mostly dirty tactics. The idea is that whoever can be the biggest dick would win. In the end, with the referee's back turned, Aries grabbed the ROH title while Kendrick pulled out some taped up brass knucks. Both men hits each other, but Kendrick's arm lays on Aries to get the pin. After the match, both men requests Rick Knox help them to the back ala Randy Orton at One Night Stand 2006. They reconsider and just head to the bar requesting some drinks. It seemed like the crowd was expecting some indy dream match, but instead, they got something even better. However, since it wasn't what they expected/wanted, they shit all over it. I found this to be the most enjoyable match of the night.

Kenny Omega vs Kevin Steen
    Before the match, Steen gets on the mic to talk about how he respects Omega. However, he takes exception to Omega calling himself a man of low moral fiber when Steen is the original man of low moral fiber. To prove his low standard, Omega admits that he still watches his mom change in the mother. Steen's reply? He still watches Omega's mom as well. They keep talking for awhile which is just some great stuff. Fairly good match between the two, but like Aries/Kendrick it's more character driven than trying to have a 5 star classic. Omega's surprise pinfall worked out perfect. Going into night 2, Omega probably has the biggest win beating a former PWG champion while Omega lost in the first round in '08.

El Generico vs Alex Shelley
    The main event of the night. Excalibur talks about how Sabin's injury allowed Goodtime to wrestle Strong before realizing that that no longer matters since Shelley doesn't have any connection to Goodtime. The two tried to work a main event caliber match and they succeed to some extent. It was certainly good, but compared to past main events in 2009 for PWG, it's not nearly as good. The final few minutes are quite good though with Generico's knee taking a lot of punishment earlier and Shelley hitting a multitude of big moves, but Generico keeps kicking out. The top rope Sliced Bread #2 is finally enough to finish Generico off. After the match, Shelley puts over Generico. He then mentions how Sabin is sorry that he couldn't be here, but the guy has been on a run of bad luck with a concussion, the swine flu and a pinch nerve in his neck all in the past month or so. Damn. That is some bad luck. Shelley keeps the idea of Sabin vs Strong open by the claim that the two had never wrestled in a singles match before, but PWG was going to do it. 3 3/4 Stars.

Overall
    The first round of most tournaments tends to not have much quality since everyone is saving up for the big matches. While there wasn't anything horrible on the show, there isn't anything great either. It's probably my pick for worst PWG show of 2009. But it did get BOLA going and set up for an impressive looking night 2.

Worth Checking Out
    Shelley vs Generico
    Aries vs Kendrick
    Goodtime vs Strong

Avoid
    Ryan vs Cabana

ಠ_ಠ

Status

I loved Aries/Kendrick. As far as I'm concerned, Aries was one of the best characters in 2009 and this line cements it: "I'm not falling for this crap! We're going to go over there, he's going to get the cheap shot, start doing jumping jacks, then everythings fine"/Fakes injury himself My word, Aries has earned it. This and his match with King against the Young Bucks were entertaining as fuck.

edit: That last scene you didn't put in the Aries/Kendrick match. You mind uploading that?
    Last edited by Capone; 03-03-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Evil Admin.

Status

From Parts Well Known
    June 24, 2006

Joey Ryan opens the show talking about his opponent tonight, Davey Richards. Davey eventually comes down and talks about how he and Super Dragon made the PWG tag titles mean something. Since he can't hold the tag titles, he wants the other title in PWG. The two fight before Chris Bosh and Scott Lost runs in and a 3-on-1 beat down on Davey follows. Ryan gives Richards a piledriver on a steel chair.

TJ Perkins vs Disco Machine
    TJ looks so young in this. The best way to describe Disco Machine in this match is that he saw one too many Hardy Boyz (Or Rockers, depending on when he started watching wrestling) matches and decided that "Hey, I can do that!" So he goes out and buys himself some tights and is now a professional wrestler after just watching some high flying matches. The problem is that is all he did was attempt flippy spots that were badly botched. He didn't really tell a story and really just showed how little he actually watched the Hardy Boyz. Spots isn't what makes a high flying match exciting, it's the drama behind setting those spots up. Then there's his selling. At one point he attempts an Asya Whisper in the Wind type move, but he somehow misses Perkins completely, despite the fact that he wasn't supposed to. He decides to sell it, which is fine. However, it's as if he counted to five in his head and then he jumped up and acted as if he wasn't hurt at all. What's the point of even selling if you're going to forget about it? I like Perkins, but he wasn't able to do much in the match, despite getting the surprise win with a la magistral cradle. They got through the match without completely stinking up the joint. So there's one thing that was done right. 1 3/4 Stars.

The Havana Pitbulls vs Ronin and Alex Koslov
    I believe this is my first time seeing Ronin. He looks like such a shitty wrestler, somehow out doing the "Fat kid in a cheap Halloween costume" that Super Dragon perfected. However, early on he proves that he's a fairly decent wrestler selling some of the holds by the Pitbulls, making me believe that they really hurt. The Pitbulls strategy in this match appears to be "Kick, repeat if necessarily". With my lack of knowledge of PWG from around this time, I'm not really sure who's a face and who's a heel. I'm under the impression that the Pitbulls are tweeners who's willing to kick anyone. Meanwhile, Ronin is the lovable big lug while Koslov is the asshole heel. If I'm right, Ronin and Koslov tells a pretty good story in this. Koslov is just a dick to Ronin in the entire match. At one point, Ronin is in Reyes' Dragon Clutch for a long time. Koslov's solution to help his partner is to splash on top of him. Sure, it hurts Reyes, but Ronin takes the punishment as well. A miscommunication results in Koslov super kicking Ronin. Pitbulls get the pin fall after the Demolition Knee Drop. After the match, Ronin closelines Koslov for super kicking him.This was surprisingly fairly good. I love the Pitbulls and Koslov, so there was a lot to offer from the start. However, what really made this match good was the story Ronin and Koslov was telling. It makes me want to see a Koslov vs Ronin match up. Anyways, a good match and it's always a treat to see Koslov in action. 3 Stars.

Frankie Kazarian vs Chris Bosh w/Jade Chung
    Before the match, Bosh offers Kazarian to just walk out of the ring and the two can enjoy some cocktails in the back. Kazarian isn't into the idea of sharing cocks with Bosh. Since I started to watch PWG, Bosh has been one of my favorites. His comedy can make me interested in even his bad matches. Kazarian is fairly decent in the match, but he still manages to botch a little to remind me that it's still Kazarian. Frankie hits a nice springboard hurricanrana from one side of the apron, over the ring post to Bosh who was standing on the other apron. In one of the big moments at the end of the match, Bosh is upside down in a tree of woe. Kazarian climbs up on the top rope on the opposite side (Longer side) to hit a RVD inspired drop kick. Kazarian comes up short...real short. Any drama they built up to that point is lost with Bosh still hanging upside down and Kazarian missing him by feet. They improvise with Bosh winning with a roll up. Luckily, the match they had before the huge botch was good and saves it some. However, the botch kept the match from being anything more than just good. Bosh was great though. 3 Stars.

B-Boy vs Scott Lost w/Jade Chung - Special Guest Ref: Human Tornado
    If B-Boy wins, he gets a title shot against Joey Ryan at the next show (Threemendous). Human Tornado is the guest referee to try and keep the Dynasty from interfering. They work in the angle of Tornado being the face referee and being bias against the heel. However, Lost maintains the advantage over most of the match. Sure, Jade Chung interferes a little, but B-Boy just looks like a much weaker wrestler. Jade interferes one too many times, so Tornado calls out Candice LaRae (Looking pretty damn hot in black) to run her off. Oddly, at the start of the match, Tornado counts fast for B-Boy covers and slow for Lost's covers. However, as the match goes on, he counts normally. It seems rather strange and that it should be the opposite way. Scott Lost continues to slowly turn me into a fan with his unique move set. He eventually gets defeated with the GTS. Even if a match has good action, bad booking and structure can really hurt it a lot. If you're going to have a face guest referee be bias, you really need to have the face wrestler in the match be an underdog while the heel is a much better wrestler. Something like Funaki vs The Big Show. To try and book B-Boy as a believable threat to Joey Ryan, yet make him have such huge problems with Scott Lost, despite the unfair refereeing by Tornado, doesn't accomplish your goal. Sadly, the more I watch of B-Boy, the less impressed I am. Even though his booking is unusual, Human Tornado was very entertaining with all of his comedy early on. 2 3/4 Stars.

Kevin Steen and Chris Sabin vs Cape Fear
    Before the match, Steen talks about how he and Sabin both hates the Dynasty. So while they're trying to score a title shot against Arrogance, they need to work on their team skills. One thing they need is a team name. Steen used to call Sabin Tweak (From South Park) and since people call Steen Cartman due to his being big bone and a bit racist, their team name should be Tweak and Cartman. The fans love it, as do I. Sabin has another idea - Laser Bomb Thunder Driver Team Air Force One. Sabin tries to get a chant going, but even he forgets the name. It doesn't really matter as the fans love Tweak and Cartman. Great match follows with Steen stealing the spotlight with always trying to keep the fans interested in the match. The final five or so minutes is nonstop action with a lot of great spots. Steen picks up the win for his team after the 450 splash on Quicksilver. Easily the match of the night. The only thing that the match was really lacking was some spotlight time for El Generico and Quicksilver. Despite being colorful and memorable wrestlers, they were almost interchangeable with any other tag team. Sadly, this would be the first and only time Tweak and Cartman would team up. It's a damn shame because they were very entertaining and Sabin looked like a star out there. 3 1/2 Stars.

Davey Richards vs Joey Ryan (c) w/Jade Chung - PWG World Title - Special Guest Ref: Human Tornado
    Richards destroys Ryan with a suicide dive. Richards beats him up all over the building before finally coming back to the ring. A lot of mindless fighting back and forth for most of the match. When Scott Lost and Chris Bosh comes out to lend a hand, Human Tornado dives on them, but appears to injury his shoulder despite landing on his feet. It seems as if he's hurt enough that he calls out Rick Knox so he can finish the match. Very odd. Richards comes close to winning the match a few times before Arrogance comes out again. With Knox distracted, they try to interfere, but Richards easily stops them. All of the chaos allows Ryan to use the belt and deliver a butterfly piledriver to finally put Richards away. After the match, The Dynasty beats down on Richards some more for good measure. I've come to a conclusion on Joey Ryan's title matches. They're not "Bad" necessarily. His reign is 100% character driven. Each title defense is to further put the character of a sleazeball who needs all the help he can get to keep his belt. It reminds a bit of Austin Aries' second ROH title reign. The workrate suffers since they're putting all effort into the character. The match wasn't horrible, but it wasn't very good. IT did, however; further the feud between The Dynasty vs Ryan's rivals (Tornado, Richards, Dragon, Kazarian and B-Boy). I imagine if they wrestled against for Davey's PWG title, the match would be a lot better though. 2 1/4 Stars.

After the match, Kazarian and B-Boy runs in to run off the Dynasty. With B-Boy now being the number 1 contender, he decides what he wants his title shot stipulation to be. Since Ryan loves chairs, ladders and tables, they'll all be involved. However, to keep the Dynasty out of the match, a steel cage will be set up. It's a TLC Steel Cage Match only at Threemendous~! Already seeing it, it's a lot like the Davey match. Not bad, but it left a lot to be desired.

Overall
    Well, I bought it exclusively for Davey Richards vs Joey Ryan. If I knew it was going to be a disappointment, I probably would have bought a different show. However, the two tag matches made up for it with Sabin/Steen vs Cape Fear being a really good forgotten match. For two hours, the show goes by quickly and the only horrible match is Perkins/Disco Machine. The overall theme of the night was the Dynasty trying to hold back their rivals. If you're a fan of the Dynasty, it's worth checking out.

Worth Checking Out
    Chris Sabin and Kevin Steen vs Cape Fear
    The Havana Pitbulls vs Ronin and Alex Koslov
    Frankie Kazarian vs Chris Bosh (If only to see the horrible botch)

Avoid
    TJ Perkins vs Disco Machine

Evil Admin.

Status

All Star Weekend IV - Night Two
    November 18, 2006

Human Tornado vs Petey Williams
    Tornado stole Joey Ryan's PWG Title at a previous show, so Candice is holding on to it. While I love Tornado, I didn't expect this to be anything more than decent. They do some comedy early on with Petey being forced to dance and him hating it. To show how smart Tornado could be, he knows when to cut out the comedy and playing to the fans to get serious so the match can be good. The final five minutes or so are pretty entertaining. Tornado counters the Canadian Destroyer with a jackknife cover to pick up the surprise win. Cut to Petey nailing the Canadian Destroyer and chasing Candice around before he gets the title. On second thought, he decides the title isn't worth his time and throws it back down on Tornado. Cut to Joey Ryan running out and stealing his title back from Candice. Much better than I expected. Pretty solid way to start the match. 3 Stars.

Colt Cabana vs Christopher Daniels
    These two worked an epically serious 30 minute mat classic that awed everyone. Okay, that's a complete lie. The match was just one comedy stunt after another. Referee Patrick Hernandez is left frustrated at Daniels and Cabana using him to add to their shenanigans. As an actual match, there's almost no real action. However, it's a great comedy showcase. These two knew how to put on a very entertaining comedy match, but PWG is smart enough to put this on early. Too much comedy to rate, but it's one of the better comedy matches I've seen.

Arrogance vs Frankie Kazarian and M-Dogg 20
    Kaz is just filling in for Josh Prohibition who broke his thumb before the show so he backed out. This went pretty much as I expected. Arrogance brought some good tag skills and a lot of entertainment while Kazarian and Cross were just there. Kazarian connected with his Van Terminator that he badly botched at From Parts Well Known. Good for him. Cross hits a shooting star press that comes off looking very awkward. Scott Lost (Who was on top of Bosh) rolled off to avoid it, but Bosh was still hit by it. However, Cross pretty much just landed on his knees and the force then brought his chest down on Bosh. It's kind of hard to describe how it looks awkward. Arrogance wins with a nice Northern Lights Suplex into a back breaker. The ending redeemed the match some. While it's not bad, it's nothing really special. At least Arrogance looked great as usual. 2 3/4 Stars.

Homicide vs Scorpio Sky
    Scorpio cuts a promo before the match dressed as a thug. He comes off about as hard as when Colt Cabana tries to look gangsta. Homicide absolutely destroys Sky, leaving Scorpio to beg like Carlton Banks. Jade Chung is always there to try to help out Sky to survive. The end result was Sky surprising Homicide with a roll up for the huge upset. I had a feeling that the match would either be awesome or somewhat of a let down. It was more of a letdown than awesome. However, I had high exceptions for this match though. 2 1/2 Stars.

AJ Styles vs Rocky Romero
    I suppose I have a couple of uncommon opinions when it comes to these two. Personally, I love Romero. He has a hard hitting style that I just eat up. I think part of what makes me love his style is all of the arm attacks. Arm attacks aren't as common as other body attacks. Meanwhile, there's AJ. While I loved him in TNA, I've never been impressed much with his non-TNA work. My only guess is that he doesn't put as much effort into non-TNA matches or Styles just looks better to me with Mike Tenay and Don West commentating. However, this match is like watching TNA AJ vs the kind of Rocky I love. It's back and forth action with a lot of stiff shots and Styles looking as if he's trying to put on a really good match. They had me reacting to every move in the final five or so minutes. The end sequence that has Styles hitting a few one arm power bombs while Romero nearly has a triangle choke on him is followed up with a Styles Clash. They had good intentions with it, but the transition into the Clash looks a bit awkward and hurts the final moment a bit. Still, a really enjoyable match and the best match thus far. 3 3/4 Stars.

Arik Cannon vs Ronin
    Ronin reminds me a little of Super Dragon. Both are wearing cheap Halloween looking costumes and are on the pudgy side, only making their looks look worse. However, while Dragon has been mostly a letdown, Ronin is slightly impressive. That doesn't mean I think Ronin is a better wrestler though. I didn't have any expectations of Ronin, so seeing his look, I just assumed he sucked. Meanwhile, there's so much hype around Dragon that it was easy to be disappointed. Speaking of disappointments, this match. Cannon's entertaining, but the only thing the fans were into were yelling out "OH YEAH" over and over. It's not to say that Cannon and Ronin were giving them much to get excited about with a ton of Lucha arm drags that makes the match look so scripted. Ronin's DVD that put away Cannon came out of nowhere and caused the ending to feel flat. They managed to work a match that you don't have to skip the chapter, but the moment it's over, you don't remember anything. 2 Stars.

PAC vs El Generico
    Before I review this match for the second time, I want to talk about another recent Generico match I just recently saw. Generico defended the PWG title against Davey Richards at Album of the Year. This was a thirty minute match that never got out of first gear. Every few minutes, Davey would leave the ring and talk to the fans. Meanwhile, Generico just took a lot of offense. They never built anything up to have the ending mean anything. This match, has the opposite problem. It's the epic final two or so minutes in a match that has near falls galore, but stretched out to last the entire twenty minutes in the match. It was one big move, a pin attempt after another. While the moves were nice, I can't say they really meant much to me once the match was over because there wasn't any build to those moves. PAC may be a great high flyer and spot monkey, but he's not really telling a story. Because I've already seen this a couple of times, the match wasn't as exciting as it was the first time. Sure, I "Oooh" and "Ahhh" with the crowd, but getting those kinds of reactions isn't getting the crowd into the match. They're just reacting to moves, not the story. Now, this match does have a very vocal crowd that is never quiet. Because of that, the match has a big feel to it. So while it's not great, it's never dull. 3 Stars.

Joey Ryan (c) vs Quicksilver - PWG World Title
    Now this is more like it. Quicksilver attacked Ryan while Joey was cutting a promo before the match. There's a lot of heat in this, with plenty of brawling on the outside. There's two clear personalities in this match. Ryan, who believes Quicksilver isn't a match for him and toys around with him a bit and Quicksilver, who wants to upset Ryan, but also punish him. During the first half of the match, Ryan is messing with Quick's mask a lot. He finally pulls it off while Quicksilver is on the top rope. This brings out El Generico with his extra blue alternate mask for Quick to wear (Quicksilver is wearing blue). Later, the shenanigans continue with the referee distracted, allowing Scorpio Sky and Scott Lost to force Quicksilver under the ring while Chris Bosh comes out wearing the yellow and black Quicksilver costume. Ryan tries to pin Boshilver, but the referee notices the difference. The referee forces the Dynasty to go to the back. Scott Lost (In trying to convince the referee that Boshsilver was Quicksilver) "But he did *Lost does Quicksilver's pose*" Ha. Human Tornado even finds time to hit the DND on Ryan while the ref is busy with the Dynasty. Ryan tries every dirty tactic he could think of before getting the win with a steel chair super kick. This may not be for everyone, since there's a lot of shenanigans (Super Troopers made this word so f'n popular) and cheating by Ryan, but I loved it. They had a great balance of wackiness, heated brawling and suspense that resulted in a surprisingly good Ryan title defense. From what I've seen of Ryan's title defenses, I'd rank this just below Tornado's title win as second place. Quicksilver is becoming one of my favorite old school PWG wrestlers. 3 1/2 Stars.

Davey Richards and Roderick Strong (c) vs B-Boy and Super Dragon vs Kings of Wrestling vs MCMG - PWG Tag Titles
    Claudio and Hero are the ROH tag champions while MCMG have a pair of Zero 1 tag titles, which leaves Dragon and B-Boy as the only non champions in this. There's a good 15-20 minutes of just straight up legal man wrestling. None of it is too overly exciting because there's so many men trying to tag in. They ran a fun spot where everyone is in a submission hold except for Claudio and B-Boy (They have holds on others though). Roddy has a vertical suplex for 20 seconds to set up the future spot of Claudio lifting Davey up for a vertical suplex and holding him there for 100 seconds. All during it, Strong is trying to run in to stop it so he can keep the record, but Hero is playing blocker in the ring. Strong in a pathetic effort, throws a water bottle at Claudio before giving up. Hero tries to get the crowd to start up a counting chant while he has Davey in a single leg Boston Crab. Ha. Soon afterward, things pick up when they just say to hell with tags and it becomes more of a spotfest with everyone getting in this big moves. During all this, Davey and Dragon even finds a moment to hit their old Power Bomb/Lung Blower combo. Dragon's able to finish Davey off with the Psycho Driver to regain the titles he and B-Boy lost the previous night. While the first half may have not been too exciting, the second half was more than exciting. It loses points for just doing away with the rules, but it's still a good enough match to end the show. Give credit to Super Dragon (He finally hit a sick looking Curb Stomp in a match I see), Davey Richards (The guy took so much punishment and appeared to possibly break his hand or thumb near the end) and the Kings of Wrestling (Just being so entertaining) for the mild success of the match. 3 Stars.

Overall
    The All Star Weekends tend to have a high reputation of being some of the best PWG shows. This was a pretty solid show the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes. They had big star matches (Main event), well regarded classics (PAC vs Generico), epically funny ones (Cabana vs Daniels) and some forgotten gems (Styles vs Romero). I imagine if you liked the matches as much as I did, but thought PAC vs Generico was one of the best PWG matches ever, this would be a must buy.

Worth Checking Out
    Rocky Romero vs AJ Styles
    PAC vs El Generico (Even though I wasn't a big fan, I know a lot are)
    Joey Ryan vs Quicksilver
    Christopher Daniels vs Colt Cabana

Avoid
    N/A

kiss the ring

Status

Styles and Romero also had a pretty good match at Reason For The Season. I still don't buy your theory that Styles doesn't work hard outside of TNA, though. I rarely found him to be a letdown in the indys.

Also, Ronin sucks.

Thread Information