Thread: WWE Answers The McGuinness Challenge?

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

WWE Answers The McGuinness Challenge?

So, after we witnessed Nigel McGuinness debut in TNA last Thursday and begin are new feud with Kurt Angle, it seems as though WWE have begun a huge new feud between Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton. What are your thoughts on this, because I have a couple.

1: This is bad in a way, because I haven't enjoyed Kofi at all.

2: This will be good at the same time because Kofi showed some personality and plus, even though I don't enjoy his style, it will bring something far different to the main event.

3: I really think this is a direct response to TNA pushing Nigel McGuinness, which is awesome. I weoner if they'll try to one up each other.

Who's next?

Status

Re: WWE Answers The McGuinness Challenge?

im hating The Kofi Orton fued already because it looks like there pushing him to the main event and he doesnt deserve to be there

Vengeance With a Smile

Status

I don't think it has anything to do with TNA at all. WWE don't view TNA as a legit threat, for many reasons. So I doubt they care what they do, and try to do something better.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Yeah the WWE just needed to push young talent to freshen up the main event scene instead of Cena/Orton. Hence why Kofi will feud with Orton.

I'm not a fan of Kofi, but I was impressed by him last night. Although I'd never put a title on him, but his personality, character, and fan reaction sure defines main event.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Sounds like a good feud to me. Mostly because I haven't seen it before and it's a significant step up for Kofi Kingston.

It should be a perfectlygood, short feud. Orton will move onto something bigger at some point in the near future anyway. I can't see this feud happening on more than two PPV shows.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

kiss the ring

Status

lol@thinking this has anything to do with TNA.

Think Your Greezy?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with TNA at all. WWE don't view TNA as a legit threat, for many reasons. So I doubt they care what they do, and try to do something better.
    WWE should view TNA as a threat. I'd say they do too, pretty sure they even view UFC threat.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

I don't see how this has anything to do with TNA.

1: This is bad in a way, because I haven't enjoyed Kofi at all.
    I don't see how WWE giving a guy who is over, and at this point too big for the US title picture a push against a top guy is bad. Even if you don't enjoy him, the prospect of a fresh Orton feud for the first time in nearly a year should be somthing every fan is grateful for.

2: This will be good at the same time because Kofi showed some personality and plus, even though I don't enjoy his style, it will bring something far different to the main event.
    This is what I've been advocating for a while. Kofi has never had a real feud and has just been there. Despite that he's been able to get over and remain over with the fans as a face. I've said he needs a feud where he can show some personality and further the fans emotional investment in his character.

3: I really think this is a direct response to TNA pushing Nigel McGuinness, which is awesome. I weoner if they'll try to one up each other.
    I don't understand how a televised indie promotion pushing a guy who WWE refused to sign up against a guy WWE released on their own accord has anything to do with WWE pushing a guy that they have been booking strong for the last two years. TNA prior to Bound For Glory had Nash, Booker, Steiner, Angle, and Sting. ECW had Sheamus, Goldust, Christian, Tommy Dreamer, Zack Ryder, and William Regal......ECW has been consistently out drawing TNA in the ratings. I highly doubt WWE cares enough about TNA to feel the need to one up them at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    im hating The Kofi Orton fued already because it looks like there pushing him to the main event and he doesnt deserve to be there
    You're making it sound like they put the title around his waist. He's over enough to constitute being given a non-title feud with Orton. I don't see how being over equates to not deserving a big feud. If done right Kofi Kingston is big money for the WWE and is going to be their next major face star within the next 2-5 years. He will sell merchandise by the boatloads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    WWE should view TNA as a threat. I'd say they do too, pretty sure they even view UFC threat.
    TNA doesn't take nearly enough PPV gross out of WWE's pockets to be considered a threat. The only major star TNA has stolen from the WWE has been Booker T. Keeping in mind that Booker T had his mind set on leaving WWE at the time, it's really not as big of a deal as it may sound.

TNA needs to be able to convince fans to spend money on their product before they become a threat. The average TNA fan has so little confidence in the product that they aren't willing to buy PPVs which are the bread an butter of the wrestling business. Judging by their constant Don West deals on TNAShop where they give you 9 Abyss T-Shirts for 3 Dollars+Shipping their merch isn't doing all that great either.

The Diamond Standard

Status

I don't think Booker T (and subsequently Sharmell) should be considered stolen. Christian, in my mind, is the only steal TNA has made.

I like Kofi, but I think this should have gone to MVP as he has been around longer. Still it is good to see that a younger guy is getting this role. Having a major heel like Orton feud with Kofi will do nothing but help the young Jama....Gha....Bostonian in the long run.

Evil Admin.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine View Post
    I don't think Booker T (and subsequently Sharmell) should be considered stolen. Christian, in my mind, is the only steal TNA has made.
    Is it really a steal when Christian's contract just ran out?

Basic B*tches

Status

I don't get it.. a lot of you guys want them to push new stars and then when they do.. OMG KOFI?! HE NOT READY.

I like that Kofi is getting an oppoetunity to work with a top heel and I don't see this as Kofi getting a main event run because I don't view this as a main event program. Orton is taking some time off from the main event picture.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

Blitz, Iamthedestroyer, etc. are correct.

Like him or not, this is brand new. Kofi and Orton in a feud is something we have NEVER seen before. Kofi in a real feud is something we've barely seen before. Orton in a non-world title feud is something we haven't seen in ages. This is great for Kofi, to get a rub with Orton, for Orton to do something different and surely go over in the end, and the fans for something unique. Plus this is sink or swim for Kofi and he's hitting some beautiful breast strokes based on this past week's RAW.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Curtain Jerker

Status

Thread Information