Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Bragging Rights - WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE Bragging Rights - WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena
    No DQ Iron Man Match

One night after Randy Orton won the WWE Championship back within Satan’s Structure at Hell in a Cell, The Viper accepted John Cena’s challenge to defend his gold at WWE Bragging Rights in a 60-minute Anything Goes Iron Man Match.

With the modification that there will be no disqualifications and no count-outs in their WWE Bragging Rights bout, the two men will tear into each other trying to accumulate as many pinfalls and submissions in the allotted time. The man with the most decisions in the end will be declared the victor and walk out as WWE Champion in what both men have agreed to be their final battle – meaning no rematch for either man no matter what happens and if Cena loses, he must leave Raw.

For months, Cena and Orton have waged war, and what the WWE Iron Man Match will do is take the hatred both these men have for each other, and use it to determine a decisive winner between the two.

Already having faced one another in a series of bouts including an “I Quit” Match and a Hell in a Cell Match this year, these men have become quite familiar with one another in the ring. Though Orton has prevailed in three out of four of the aforementioned bouts, throughout their storied careers, the two men hold a 5-5 record against one another in all-time pay-per-view matches.

To date, the WWE Iron Man Match has only come into play a handful of times, including the classic match-up pitting Shawn Michaels against Bret Hart at WrestleMania XII. As any man who has done battle in one of these legendary bouts can tell you, this ultimate test of endurance is not for the faint of heart.

Who will stand maybe the truest test of time and walk out with the gold? Find out when the first-ever WWE Bragging Rights airs Sunday, Oct. 25 live on pay-per view.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Re: WWE Bragging Rights - WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Hopefully it goes on last so I can try to get to sleep during it. I'm not looking forward to it at all, I'm disappointed it's the main events of one of the PPVs that's on Sky.

Orton bores me a regular match, I don't think I can handle an hour of him. I also only like Cena in small doses.

I don't see what Cena & Orton can do in 60 minutes that they couldn't in 30.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

WAKE UP

Status

Well this should be terrible. What was the point of Cena winning at Breaking Point again?

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Well this should be terrible.
    This.

They need something better to be added on the BR card or there's going to be less PPV buys. This is the third PPV in a row we've seen Orbot/Cena for the WWE title and a vast majority of the people didn't give a shit about either of the matches. At HIAC, people talked a bit about the results of Cena/Orton, and then went onto discuss Taker/Punk or how the Girls aka Legacy, looked strong. On a more positive note, at least it's Cena facing Orton, and not Triple H; now that would suck.

WAKE UP

Status

Wasn't a fan of the BP match (havent got around to HIAC yet) and yeah, Orton blows in lengthy matches. Add in once again the fact its going to be a pillow fight masquerading as a No-DQ match... I can't see this being good. I see another over-scripted match full of awful over-acting. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of run-ins either.

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status

This is just asking for torture. Cena and Orton are only good and fun in matches lasting about 10-15 minutes. But anything beyond, it's only going to get real old and repititive. Will certainly miss this match once it's on.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status

I loved their BP match and the Cell was good, not great.

This should be interesting at the very least, and then this being their last match and if Cena wins he goes to SD adds new elements to it.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Broadcast Journalist

Status

What's even more ridiculous is that the winner of this hour long match will also have to compete in the main event. Why put an Iron Man Match on your PPV that has a Raw vs SD tag match as it's main? I don't see this show having more than 5 regular matches before the main.

Sweet Meat

Status

Maybe this will be excluded from that?...

Spoiler:

Rick

Status
    The Derek Zoolander center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    What's even more ridiculous is that the winner of this hour long match will also have to compete in the main event. Why put an Iron Man Match on your PPV that has a Raw vs SD tag match as it's main? I don't see this show having more than 5 regular matches before the main.
    Eggsactly.

I hate the concept of an Iron Match because I think the PPV gimmick is actually interesting, Smackdown vs Raw winners teaming against each other at the end, and having a sixty minute match will really cut down on those bouts. In addition, they essentially had what should have been the feud blow off match at Hell in a Cell. I mean, it was a HELL IN THE CELL MATCH, come on. WWE needs to stop teh gimmickry before they make it ad nauseum for even the biggest 'E fans.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah, well we still don't know the specifics. WWE is known to change gimmicks. That may not include title matches or something like that.

On a side note, WWE is already hyping the idea of Cena losing. Tiffany was saying she is planning on hiring Cena if he loses the match.

Spoiler:

Tommy Got Hacked

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Platinum View Post

OH MAH GAWWWD, CENA ON ECW !
    That was basically my reaction last night. Cena on ECW would bring the lulz. But Cena=Ratings.

I'm still not fully understanding why they're not going to do every match SD! vs RAW in some way, considering that's the whole point of the PPV. One brand will have BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Sweet Meat

Status

I like the idea of the team style matches so you get the big feuds/title matches in, then the brand supremacy thing.. but the original concept was way more fresh and entertaining.

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

No way I want to see these two in an Iron Man Match. Just hope Orton retains. The title runs over the past year have been such a joke as far as reigns go.

Sweet Meat

Status

This may be unpopular but I'm really looking forward to this. I want to see how it goes.

Spoiler:

rko1 melbourne

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    No way I want to see these two in an Iron Man Match. Just hope Orton retains. The title runs over the past year have been such a joke as far as reigns go.
    I must agree, the championships are not stable any more and the lack of a long rein within wwe is just not what its about, randy orton should be top dogg right now, seeing john cena lose , moving to smackdown, possible leaving it open for edge to return as face and face off with orton on raw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information