Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Bragging Rights - Team Smackdown vs. Team RAW

Sweet Meat

Status

Smackdown WWE Bragging Rights - Team Smackdown vs. Team RAW

Team Smackdown vs. Team RAW

Just as the name of the first-ever WWE Bragging Rights pay-per-view suggests, the Superstars of SmackDown and Raw will meet in a massive tag team confrontation to determine brand supremacy. In the midst of this 14-Superstar melee, only one pinfall will be needed to decide the winning team.

The two WWE brands can each claim that they have plenty to brag about after each holding five stirring qualifying matches.

Joining co-captains Triple H & Shawn Michaels of DX are several of the Monday night brand’s most electrifying Superstars, including Unified Tag Team Champion Big Show, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston.

Team SmackDown co-captain, Unified Tag Team Champion Chris Jericho, must also be feeling confident, however – Kane declared himself co-captain with Jericho, and their original teammates lost in a five-on-four tag match to new members Matt Hardy, Finlay, R-Truth and The Hart Dynasty’s David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd.

Unlike more traditional matches which are generally decided by each individual combatant’s strength and courage, the outcome of this unprecedented event will rely profoundly on which side can produce a more cohesive combination of team chemistry and tactics.

Many of the match’s participants will be forced to team with frequent foes, while others will be required to scuffle with existing allies. It’s extraordinarily rare, for instance, for co-holders of the Unified Tag Team Championship to be on opposing sides, while bitter rivals like DX and Rhodes to be united together.

Can each of the Superstars focus on the pride they have for their respective brands, or will they ultimately address their own personal vendettas? And will a match including this many combatants become unmanageable to officiate?

Offering the opportunity of a lifetime for The WWE Universe to watch their favorite members of Monday and Friday night’s rosters cross paths, this innovative multi-Superstar encounter is certain to make history in Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena. Now all that needs to be answered is which team that history will favor.

Be sure to catch this inaugural event on Oct. 25 at 8/5 PT, live and only on pay-per-view.

Last edited by Hollywood Dook; 10-24-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Re: WWE Bragging Rights - Team Smackdown vs. Team RAW

The thing that makes this great is it allows a lot of superstars who don't usually make PPV appearences to get one.

Or superstars you maybe thought made one before but will drop now their out of that storyline like Dolph Ziggler to have another PPV match.

When I saw Eric Escobar and Drew McIntyre would be in the PPV I was impressed.

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

As of right now the Smackdown side looks weak, but that's to be expected. It should all change once Smackdown win the match, I don't see it going any other way. It's a great way to elevate McIntyre, escobar, Cryme Tyme & Ziggler.

I'm looking forward to the match, but I think 7 wrestlers on each team is excessive and it's too close to Survivor Series for them to be putting on a match like this.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Think Your Greezy?

Status
      Country                    gb=Great Britain

Smackdown needs to win this match. I'm not sure if they will though.

Sweet Meat

Status

I'm so looking forward to this. The ideal finish would obviously be with Show screwing team RAW, or something I'd prefer but unlikely is he tries doing it leading to JeriShow and DX battling outside, Kofi/Dolph in the ring, Swagger coming in and screwing Kofi over. Leading to him saying he doesn't have RAW pride because RAW never had pride in him, what WWE title shots did he get, etc. Leading to an upper mid card elevating feud with Swagger and Kofi, the DX/JeriShow feud, and Dolph can say he got the win for Smackdown blah blah blah.

Oh fantasy booking..

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

King of New York

Status

The only fault I have with the SmackDown team or maybe it's two but one would be giving Eric Escobar a shot on the PPY this soon when his first match was against Matt Hardy and if you really wanted to have a Heel group on SmackDown would have been to have the Hart Dynasty go over Cryme Tyme. I still see Raw going over sadly quite easily with HHH and Michaels easily getting to Jericho or taking out a guy like McIntyre.

Click As Well

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I haven't watched any WWE this week bar Raw cos I caught it while I wasn't busy, but if SmackDown wins I will be surprised. Even with Show on team Raw, and the opportunity to screw them out of the win being so obvious to everyone, I see WWE not taking advantage of it and having Jericho pinned by HHH for the Raw's victory. If I'm wrong I'll dance a happy jig mind. SD is infinitely better than Raw.

Anybody else mistake JTG for Hornswoggle in the picture though? I did.

Who's next?

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

smackdown team looks alot weeker than raws expecting them to win though but not cleanly

Sweet Meat

Status

Yes it does suck that Smackdown seemingly has no chance, but I like young talent being pushed and shown that they matter.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I would actually like for Matt Hardy and The Hart Dynasty to have won their matches. I'm really not impressed by Escobar. He's getting reactions because he has Vickie. And I don't know why they keep trying to establish Cryme Tyme
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Because they're talented, over, and one of the few teams they have?..

Anyway the hype on RAW was pretty damn good for this. Hopefully we get more of it on Smackdown.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Talented, no. Over, yes. Granted they need new teams, but Cryme Tyme are never going to be anything special and I would work on a team new to the scene and with some pizzas like Kidd and Smith.

Like you said, oh fantasy booking!

The RAW build up was good stuff. Hell, DX was actually funny running down Team SD, and the awesome acknowledgement of Mcintyre was jizz worthy
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Shad is out of Sunday's fourteen man tag team match. He is very sick. His replacement was determined in a five on four handicap match in which whoever scored the pinfall on Team Smackdown would join Team Smackdown. Do not continue reading if you don't want to figure out who replaces him.

Matt Hardy pinned JTG to take Shad's spot on SD. The match also featured R Truth, Finlay, and the Hart Dynasty.

-------
    Spoiler:

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I want SmackDown to win simply because it is the better show but if you look at the line-up and the way they're booking the SD7 to look like nothing compared to the RAW team then I can't see them winning. And I don't know why they had a 4-way for the World Title if the wanted both Teams to match up equally.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nicky Talent View Post
    Talented, no. Over, yes.
    JTG is probably one of the most impressive in the ring out of the majority of the wrestlers, and Cryme Tyme are entertaining in their promos and in their matches. Deserving of the Tag Titles.

King of New York

Status

That's a major change to the PPV lineup with really just 2 days before the actual show. I'm pretty shocked really considering they Matt Hardy, R-Truth and Finlay and really the Hart Dynasty (Sadly) have jobbed up to this point. I feel bad for everybody but Cryme Tyme who did earn their spot considering they were building up McIntyre and Ziggler. Escobar had one match and I wanted to see what we could have gotten out of all of them together. I mean you won't get a bad match at all but this almost assures Raw will win on Sunday.

Click As Well

I Blame Dave Kitson

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nicky Talent View Post
    Shad is out of Sunday's fourteen man tag team match. He is very sick. His replacement was determined in a five on four handicap match in which whoever scored the pinfall on Team Smackdown would join Team Smackdown. Do not continue reading if you don't want to figure out who replaces him.
    That makes the teams more intresting. I don't see the point in two Cryme Tyme members in a match like this.

I always used to think it was better in eariler Survivor Series matches when most of the teams were split. Two, of what's essentially the same, in one team seems like a wasted spot to me.

''What the fuck am I doing here?''

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It does suck they had to take out Ziggler and McIntyre in place of Finlay and R Truth.
    -------
    Spoiler:

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Ok, I think the two Nick's have the wrong end of the stick here. The only member of Team SmackDown to be changed is Shad, due to illness. He has been replaced by Matt Hardy who won a match to secure the spot... Ziggler, McIntyre, et al are still involved in the match at the PPV.

At least that's how I read it.

Sweet Meat

Status

I've heard the team was completely overhauled minus Kane/Jericho and I heard Shad was replaced... I guess we'll see on SD.

Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information