Thread: Merge everything under "Sports", "Entertainment", "Non Wrestling"

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status
    Vcash

Merge everything under "Sports", "Entertainment", "Non Wrestling"

I think it'd be a lot more beneficial for the forum to have on giant Off Topic section. Basically the General Section but stuff like video game talk, politics, etc would all fall under it. There would be no specific guidelines.

The reason I think this would be better is because none of the smaller non wrestling sections really get that much traffic. As a result of merging these sections, the traffic would all go to the one Off Topic board. If all went well all the traffic going there at once would snowball so to speak as people see the high pace that new threads are made in that section, they would post in it more as a result, and traffic would grow overall....

I understand I explained that like a recovering crackhead but hopefully some people understand my general train of thought. I've never ran a forum before, but most forums that specify for one thing (Wrestling, Video Games, etc) benefit from having one very large off topic section.

Status
    Vcash

Re: Merge everything under "Sports", "Entertainment", "Non Wrestling"

Eh, it doesn't look like much is going on in the sections because they're all branched out, but I see what you mean. I like having more forums though instead of a few clustered ones.

Covered in Blood

Status
    Vcash

Re: Merge everything under "Sports", "Entertainment", "Non Wrestling"

Sports is fairly active and based on the activities in the thread it really does need a forum of its own. Can't say that I even visit the Entertainment section---I'd probably merge that with Coming Attractions. I'd also merge the Politics And Debate Forum with the General Discussion Forum. It's not like the GD is immature and full of 4channers that can't comprehend a serious thread. I think if you saw an abortion thread in the GD people wouldn't post "lol abortion" or some shit. Then the only merger I would have after those two is Video Games and Technology. All of those really aren't necessary, but I would like to see the Politics and GD merged.

I think people just need to, well, post in the GD. Heh. I can't say my threads will be anything earth-shattering but I'll try to be a bit more of a contributor there.

Thread Information