Thread: Extreme Rules ECW Championship Hardcore Rules

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Extreme Rules ECW Championship Hardcore Rules

Christian will once again defend his ECW Title, but at Extreme Rules, Captain Charisma will have two opponents, and both are former ECW Champions. He’ll take on Jack Swagger and Tommy Dreamer in a Hardcore Rules Triple Threat Match.

“The All-American American” has had his eyes firmly set on the ECW Championship after he lost it by being outsmarted by Christian at Backlash. Again at Judgment Day, Captain Charisma outwitted Swagger. Since these losses, the cocky, young Superstar has been calling Christian a cheater and he’s been interrupting Dreamer’s chances at the ECW Title.

The ECW Original promised that he’d leave WWE if he didn’t win back the ECW Championship by the time his contract expires in June. After Swagger’s interruption of Dreamer’s Title Matches on ECW on Sci Fi and “WWE Superstars,” ECW General Manager Tiffany decided to take action and give Dreamer one more chance at the gold in the Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match. While Dreamer’s ECW contract expires the day before Extreme Rules, he’s signed a one day extension to have his last chance at the ECW Championship, or else he’ll walk away.

Recently on ECW on Sci Fi, Swagger & The Hart Dynasty defeated Christian & Dreamer in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match when “The All-American American” Gutwrench Powerbombed the ECW Champion, sending a clear message he’s hoping to regain the gold at Extreme Rules. But after the match, Dreamer attacked Swagger, offering his own point – he’s determined to once again become ECW Champion because his contract and his career are on the line.

Who will walk away from Extreme Rules the ECW Champion? Will Christian once again outsmart Swagger and outfight Dreamer to retain the Extreme Gold? Will “The All-American American” prove once again why he should be the face of the ECW franchise? Or will Dreamer finally regain the Extreme Title, proving he’s ready to re-sign an ECW Contract as the new ECW Champion? Watch Extreme Rules June 7, live at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

Evil Admin.

Status

re: Extreme Rules ECW Championship Hardcore Rules

How is this hardcore rules? It's a triple threat match, you can't get disqualified or counted out. You can technically use a blow torch on a wrestler on the outside for five straight minutes and then roll him in to pin him.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Hardcore rules means pinfalls count anywhere

kiss the ring

Status

I like these guys and all, but this does feel a bit like a hardcore title match.

Ratchet

Status

Re: Extreme Rules ECW Championship Hardcore Rules

I'm sure all three of these guys can make this entertaining as hell

The Main Event Maker

Status

I have a feeling they're having this match so Dreamer wins the ECW Championship one more time and then retires to be the GM.

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Except that if Dreamer wins he won't be retiring. That was made very clear Tuesday on ECW.

I think this has a lot of potential... Although adding a third party to the Christian/Swagger awesomeness could end in disaster.

kiss the ring

Status

Was it mentioned? I thought they just said he had a one day extention on his contract?

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    Was it mentioned? I thought they just said he had a one day extention on his contract?
    Yeah, it was either Tiffany, or the commentators. Can't remember which, but it was said that if Dreamer wins, he'll stick around as Champion, if he loses he'll retire. Part of me want's Dreamer to win just to avoid him being an abysmal GM, but other parts couldn't give a fuck as long as Swagger and Christian are fueding over the belt.

The Main Event Maker

Status

Or Dreamer wins the title, then retires like Trish Stratus. Or he wins and loses the title the next week on ECW.

kiss the ring

Status

I'm thinking the logical outcome for this match is Swagger over Dreamer. Dreamer puts up a good fight and gets his leaving ovastion, Swagger gets the belt back doesn't beat Christian - thus keeping the fued strong.

"Good news everyone..."

Status

I like this match because no matter who wins, I'm happy. It's also difficult to gauge what direction WWE are gonna go with it. Will Swagger pin Dreamer and retire him? Possibly. Will Dreamer win one last ECW Title? Maybe. Can Christian retain and retire his friend Tommy? Who knows?

Can I just say that I fucking love ECW!!

Backyarder

Status

This match has the potential to be a classic. I am looking forward to this match more than any other match on Xtreme Rules.

Ain't No Make Believe

Status

Really hope Dreamer doesn't take this one. I know there is room for sentiment in wrestling, but I for one don't believe Tommy merits a title reign and a big send off when he inevitably retires. Sure he's an ECW Original, but even back in the old ECW he was never booked strongly and it took him a long, long time to win the title. If he wasn't a hugely convincing champion back then, then he'll be even less so now.

I think Jack Swagger should be ECW Champion. As far as in ring talent goes he is right near the top of the WWE and you know when Swagger is in the main event you are going to see a good match; quite an achievement considering how long he has been in the WWE. He's also improved his mic skills and has used his lisp (don't know if it's worked or not) to get him even more over as a heel.

So, in essence I want Swagger to win but wouldn't at all be surprised if Dreamer took the title. Wow! Just wrote that entire thing without even mentioning THE CHAMP, Christian.

"Good news everyone..."

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondayNight View Post
    Really hope Dreamer doesn't take this one. I know there is room for sentiment in wrestling, but I for one don't believe Tommy merits a title reign and a big send off when he inevitably retires. Sure he's an ECW Original, but even back in the old ECW he was never booked strongly and it took him a long, long time to win the title. If he wasn't a hugely convincing champion back then, then he'll be even less so now.
    I think WWE actually did a really good job of pushing towards this match. When he first announced that he would retire if he hadn't won the Title by the time his contract was up and went into a losing streak, I was a little angry that they'd have him look so weak when he was so obviously going to make it into a Title match at some point, but looking back, it makes totally sense. He stepped up his game, noticeably, and through matches with Burchill, Christian, and Swagger he was made to look like a real threat. When he kept getting screwed in Title matches by Swagger it facilitated the one day contract extention, and win or lose it made the Extreme Rules match important for so many reasons. Everyone benefitted from the match, the storyline, and most importantly it made the Title look truly worth something.

The ECW Title is currently the best booked belt in the 'E.

Thread Information