Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The UK and Ireland Politics Thread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

The UK and Ireland Politics Thread

In other news, Ed mentioned a couple of weeks back but Ireland are having their referendum on abortion today. Currently it is illegal in most cases (except when the mother's life is at risk), as part of the Irish constitution.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The UK and Ireland Politics Thread

Forget it mate. Absolutely no point trying to raise a topic that isn't about America in there, so lets Brexit away from that and have our own thread for topics surrounding our home nations that aren't guns and trump. Snappier thread titles welcome.

Keeping a close eye on the referendum result and hoping the 8th gets repealed. They don't start counting the results until tomorrow morning so they don't go hardcore like we do counting throughout the night and you can wake up to a result. Hopefully those with little interesting in politics get out and vote today because this is a rare chance to vote on human rights issue in your country, and I think they will, especially the youth vote seems to be engaged by it. My sister is currently working in Ireland and she says there's a bit buzz around the place for sure, but she's also seen more nuns out in public than ever before.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Can't believe there are actually Americans who have went to Ireland to campaign against Abortion being legalised. Nutjobs man.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Can't believe there are actually Americans who have went to Ireland to campaign against Abortion being legalised. Nutjobs man.
    Mental. Some of them seem to care more for the safety of a child before it's born than afterwards.

They're probably the same people who think we're an Islamic state ready for Sharia law with terrorist attacks every hour.

Anyway I hope they repeal in Ireland but it's going to be very close. Divided opinions everywhere. I'm probably more pro-life than most Brits but I'd still say it is stupid to make it illegal because its such a massive grey area, it puts the women at huge risk and just sends them either to get black market abortions or go to Europe for it.

Shock Reviews Archive

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Fuck you and everything you believe in-

Oh wait this isn't the US section

Yeah man, been a crazy few days in dublin. I'd personally be more inclined to be sympathetic to the No campaign if they didn't run such a shitty campaign of creeps and weirdos
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Abortion isn't a debate I've invested much time into or thought about much until last night. The most vocal people on my Facebook argue that "If you don't have a womb, you don't get an opinion on this matter. Ever. It is not your body."

And my immediate thought to myself was "But what if my partner decided to have an abortion?" Accident or not, I would probably rather face the situation and we prepare ourselves for parenthood than kill a foetus. Anyone else's child, it's their situation and I'm not interested in whether they go through with it or not. But if it was mine, I'd like to feel that I'm free to discuss it with my partner in hopes that they'll sway their decision and be happy continuing the pregnancy, or vice versa - rather than me just being shut out from any say in the matter.

So if you read that, you understand that I'm not opposed to legalising abortion. I'm just concerned about this attitude towards the male side of the conception. If it was consentual and the parents are still together, why should the male still be denied an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm not going to get into the abortion thing...but for this thread has anyone else seen the May...may call another snap election
    I have a plan so cunning......

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Abortion isn't a debate I've invested much time into or thought about much until last night. The most vocal people on my Facebook argue that "If you don't have a womb, you don't get an opinion on this matter. Ever. It is not your body."

And my immediate thought to myself was "But what if my partner decided to have an abortion?" Accident or not, I would probably rather face the situation and we prepare ourselves for parenthood than kill a foetus. Anyone else's child, it's their situation and I'm not interested in whether they go through with it or not. But if it was mine, I'd like to feel that I'm free to discuss it with my partner in hopes that they'll sway their decision and be happy continuing the pregnancy, or vice versa - rather than me just being shut out from any say in the matter.

So if you read that, you understand that I'm not opposed to legalising abortion. I'm just concerned about this attitude towards the male side of the conception. If it was consentual and the parents are still together, why should the male still be denied an opinion?
    Though i agree the males should have a part in the choice. But ultimately its women who have to carry the baby for 9 months and then take up most of the burden of caring for the child after birth.

They just can't keep their noses out of everyone elses business. Thats what happens when your country and education system teach you that your country is number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Mental. Some of them seem to care more for the safety of a child before it's born than afterwards.

They're probably the same people who think we're an Islamic state ready for Sharia law with terrorist attacks every hour.

Anyway I hope they repeal in Ireland but it's going to be very close. Divided opinions everywhere. I'm probably more pro-life than most Brits but I'd still say it is stupid to make it illegal because its such a massive grey area, it puts the women at huge risk and just sends them either to get black market abortions or go to Europe for it.

They do care more about a fetus rights than a baby's rights.

I love the Sharia Law fear. Its ridiculous how many people who have absolutely no idea why Islamic people actually leave their home countries. Not to mention just because someone believes in some parts of Sharia Law doesn't mean they believe in other parts of it.
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-25-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I'm not going to get into the abortion thing...but for this thread has anyone else seen the May...may call another snap election
    I hope so. Hadn't had a good election in nearly 12 months. I'm getting impatient.

What a shit show.

Shock Reviews Archive

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

her funeral tbh

i want her to stay in charge because she will deliver independence for Scotland sooner or later with how her party's going.

hope she campaigns that voting for the tories will net the NHS an extra 350m per week.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I hope she stays in power because I think she's (somehow) the lesser of two evils. Corbyn leaving (which surely he'd have to after 2 election defeats) would hopefully bring Labour a bit further centre than the mess they are right now.

Shock Reviews Archive

Status

I think she will stay in charge but she's not going to make any significant gain (I actually think there will be losses) and so it will leave her in an untenable position. She's trying to get rid of the DUP and it's not going to work. I wonder if Sinn Fein would come to vote if they got enough MPs to help Labour over the line and the SNP got involved in a coalition too. Extremely unlikely but I could see them doing it for the sole reason of keeping the fuckers out of government.

Plus Jez secretly wants independence~!

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

She'd have to be extremely daft to even think another election would go well for her.

So that's exactly why I'm not ruling it out.

Shock Reviews Archive

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Add to the fact that if she hasn't learned after the last snap election and the recent election results she's more deluded than expected haha...plus if I ever see Sinn Fein vote i'll be amazed.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Wasn't there rumblings that Sinn Fein would come to government to negate the DUP if they had to? Be funny as fuck.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

You really learn some questionable things about who you follow on twitter when Tommy Robinson gets arrested

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

“Why, why, why, why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna fuck in the first place? Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked. Conservatives don't give a shit about you until you reach military age. Then they think you're just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it? They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state.”

“Here's another question I have. How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen; that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways we're better than chickens... See, nobody can do it! You know why? 'Cause chickens are decent people. You don't see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No. You don't see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? When's the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the shit out of his hen, huh? Doesn't happen... 'cause chickens are decent people.”

“Catholics and other Christians are against abortions and they're against homosexuals. Well who has less abortions than homosexuals? Leave these fucking people alone for Christ's sake. Here is an entire class of people guaranteed never to have an abortion and the Catholics and the Christians are just tossing them aside. You'd think they'd make natural allies. Don't look for consistency in religion.”

”Life is sacred"? Who said so? God? Hey, if you read history, you realize that God is one of the leading causes of death! Has been for thousands of years! Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians; all taking turns killing each other because God told 'em it was a good idea. The sword of god, the blood of the lamb, 'vengeance is mine'; millions of dead motherfuckers. Millions of dead motherfuckers, all because they gave the wrong answer to The God Question: "Do you believe in God?" "No." BAM! Dead. "Do you believe in God?" "Yes." "...Do you believe in my God?" "No." BAM! Dead. "My God has a bigger dick than your God!”

“And you might have noticed something else. The sanctity of life doesn't seem to apply to cancer cells, does it? You rarely see a bumper sticker that says 'Save the tumors'. Or 'I brake for advanced melanoma'. No, viruses, mold, mildew, maggots, fungus, weeds, E. Coli bacteria, the crabs. Nothing sacred about those things. So at best the sanctity of life is kind of a selective thing. We get to choose which forms of life we feel are sacred, and we get to kill the rest. Pretty neat deal, huh? You know how we got it? We made the whole fucking thing up!” - George Carlin, 1996

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You really learn some questionable things about who you follow on twitter when Tommy Robinson gets arrested
    I really hope this cretin just fades away and doesn't become some kind of martyr.

He's an absolute bell-end.

Shock Reviews Archive

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Looks like Ireland have voted in favour of legalising abortion.

13 years ago you weren't able to get a divorce in Ireland.

3 years ago gay people weren't able to get married.

Yesterday women weren't able to get an abortion even in cases of rape or the child certainly dieing.

Very proud of our Irish friends.

Shock Reviews Archive

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Are you seriously surprised a culture which has dozens of school shootings in a calendar year, and is happy about a Donald Trump presidency is being moronic and cancerous?
    Everything will surely be alright.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information